ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday 2/10 Big Day for Games

Think they split. Recently Kentucky has always won 1 road game we as fans thought they had no shot at winning
I don't think we're at the point yet where I believe this team with this offense has no shot at winning a game anywhere. Defense woes are there, yes, but usually our offense works well.

If we were any team but this one, I'd agree that all future road games would be a tossup.

But, but, all those early quad 1 wins. Just ignore how they're playing RIGHT NOW. Oh and Big Ten. (LOL). Signed - Loonardi
You do understand that is how resume's work right ? It doesn't matter when you win/lose it only matters where you played and who you played and who won. The NCAA committee eliminated the last 10 games a long while back when handing out seeds.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
I have to say the shocking score of the day right now is Vandy is tied 26-26 on the road at South Carolina. Of course South Carolina is shooting 11% from 3...........vs us they shoot near 50%

You do understand that is how resume's work right ? It doesn't matter when you win/lose it only matters where you played and who you played and who won. The NCAA committee eliminated the last 10 games a long while back when handing out seeds.
They can eliminate whatever they want. It's stupid to ignore how a team is playing right now compared to earlier in the year. All it tells me is Wisconsin is unlikely to go far in the tourney (unless they change their trajectory).

Just seen that Wagner is expected to play
His injury was far worse than I knew about when I heard about it on Sources Say the other day. I did not realize this injury was just lingering from way back in the non conference which I knew he was out a couple games but they should never brought him back that soon. Not having Wagner vs Florida and Tennessee really hurt us. Would rather have had him miss non conf games though he did miss UNCW and we know what happened there. I fear he won't ever be 100% for rest of season.

A great mid major game is on today when Akron visits James Madison I am guessing most here don't care about games like that but I really enjoy those kind of games.

Just seen that Wagner is expected to play
Wow, that's shocking to me. I just assumed he was still out a while. Think Pilgrim said his ankle was still swollen like the size of a softball last weekend. Sure sounded like he would still be out longer.

Reactions: Klix
The refs with their BS tech's Bama dude dunks and screams and that gets a tech............NCAA is a joke you can't show emotion.

Wow, that's shocking to me. I just assumed he was still out a while. Think Pilgrim said his ankle was still swollen like the size of a softball last weekend. Sure sounded like he would still be out longer.
Still swollen, but he has been chomping at the bits to play. He gets some run today I would say, even at 90% we can use Wagners minutes.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
They can eliminate whatever they want. It's stupid to ignore how a team is playing right now compared to earlier in the year. All it tells me is Wisconsin is unlikely to go far in the tourney (unless they change their trajectory).
It is stupid. It's also stupid for them to put any weight on KenPom fake numbers. But they do.

It's why there are so many upsets now. They aren't really upsets. They are just seeded wrong.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
This has actually been studied pretty extensively and the reason the committee dropped it is that it’s been shown to be statistically meaningless for projecting tournament success despite the conventional wisdom about “peaking at the right time”. Being good all season long is the best predictor, so conference and non-conference results both matter.

Still swollen, but he has been chomping at the bits to play. He gets some run today I would say, even at 90% we can use Wagners minutes.
As much as I want him to play, do we really want him to play at less than 100%. I'd like for him to get fully healthy, otherwise this just seems like it's going to be a nagging injury all year. Or maybe they just assume it's never going to get 100% this season so doesn't really matter.

This has actually been studied pretty extensively and the reason the committee dropped it is that it’s been shown to be statistically meaningless for projecting tournament success despite the conventional wisdom about “peaking at the right time”. Being good all season long is the best predictor, so conference and non-conference results both matter.
Well, all I know is Wisconsin has looked terrible of late. Certainly can't say they've looked good all season.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
As much as I want him to play, do we really want him to play at less than 100%. I'd like for him to get fully healthy, otherwise this just seems like it's going to be a nagging injury all year. Or maybe they just assume it's never going to get 100% this season so doesn't really matter.

Calipari won't play him if he is gonna hurt the team.

People on here complain all the time about UK players staying out longer than other teams hurt players. If that's true then when they play they are gonna be ready IMO.

Needed Auburn to be a home game this year they are completely different team on the road vs home like light years different.

The refs with their BS tech's Bama dude dunks and screams and that gets a tech............NCAA is a joke you can't show emotion.
Michigan St guy got a tech for taunting the Illinois sideline after a 3 but Viscovi can blow a kiss to our bench and no call. Referees today are just terrible. And what's with having to see their close up mug making a call when they go to the monitor? We don't need refs hamming it up like Enrico Pollazo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT