ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday 2/10 Big Day for Games

$Z71$

Junior
Nov 14, 2002
Bluegrass State
21 of the top 25 teams are playing today. Wouldn't be surprised to see 8-9 of them lose by looking at matchups. Awesome day of basketball ahead. Should make for great discussion.

Not many Huge Marquee matchups but lots of games where the underdog will probably prevail IMO.

Last edited:
Indiana gonna lose huge. UofL gonna add to all time loss record, Duke gonna get beat by Miami, Kansas going down! ATM gonna beat UT for us, and we gonna smack the Zags!!
I was with you until you said we were going to smack the Zags!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Looks like our game at LSU is going to be trouble. This would been a good year to have LSU at home which would been a near auto win now it is more 50/50 going to an average LSU team.

Crazy year for sure. I had expected the top ten to be littered with 5+ loss teams by the end of the season, but here we are starting the second week of February with 3 weeks left and almost all of the top ten are 4 or 5-loss teams. And I expect more to lose today.

Looks like our game at LSU is going to be trouble. This would been a good year to have LSU at home which would been a near auto win now it is more 50/50 going to an average LSU team.
They have the dude from vandy, who torched UK every time he played them

Rutgers up 9-0 on Wisky
Wisconsin is a tad of a joke. Already a 7 loss team and may be 8 losses shortly. Will they be the only 8-loss team in the Top 25 come Monday? They are already the only 7 loss team, so even if they win, will the voters keep them ranked? If we or Bama loses today, no way either of us stay in the Top 25 with 7 losses.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Wisconsin is a tad of a joke. Already a 7 loss team and may be 8 losses shortly. Will they be the only 8-loss team in the Top 25 come Monday? They are already the only 7 loss team, so even if they win, will the voters keep them ranked? If we or Bama loses today, no way either of us stay in the Top 25 with 7 losses.
I also saw Duke as a 4 seed, and I don’t get that at all.

I also saw Duke as a 4 seed, and I don’t get that at all.
This will be the year the NCAA blows smoke about the NET being the end all/be all of how they seeded teams. Records be damned.

I just peeked at Gonzaga's schedule this year. They are top 30 in the NET, but I can't find any reason in their schedule for this to be justified. They lost to the only two ranked teams they've played (by 10 and 13 points). They are tied for 2nd in their WEAK conference. They just lost to St. Mary's. When they win, they do blow out teams, but those teams are not close to quad 1 wins.

Would be helpful for Kentucky if Xavier can knock off Creighton. I keep rooting against all the 3/4/5 potential seed teams so if Kentucky does start putting it together and rattling off some wins we can move past these teams.

Last night was a big help with Dayton and SD State both losing both projected in the 4/5 seed range before last night.

Randomly dropping in on this Bama LSU game. All teams today do is one of two things:

Drive to the rim and hit/miss, or run around and launch threes. And the launching of threes is the most common shot I see, not just in this game with Bama who we all know lives or dies by the three, but other games I'm peeking at.

This is what college is becoming. Just like the NBA. Run down dribble around, drive and score, or drive kick and shoot a 3. Or just come down and launch threes. Almost no one defends the three because it's just not possible to guard them all due to the sheer volume being attempted.

They aren't the only 7 loss team. Alabama and Creighton also with 7 and several with 6 and could have 7 by days end.

Randomly dropping in on this Bama LSU game. All teams today do is one of two things:

Drive to the rim and hit/miss, or run around and launch threes. And the launching of threes is the most common shot I see, not just in this game with Bama who we all know lives or dies by the three, but other games I'm peeking at.

This is what college is becoming. Just like the NBA. Run down dribble around, drive and score, or drive kick and shoot a 3. Or just come down and launch threes. Almost no one defends the three because it's just not possible to guard them all due to the sheer volume being attempted.
The number of times I watch and saw if that guy just shot a floater instead of going into a contest at the rim are crazy this year. Bama is the extreme example, they are literally a bad 3 or wide open 3 or layups that’s it

The number of times I watch and saw if that guy just shot a floater instead of going into a contest at the rim are crazy this year. Bama is the extreme example, they are literally a bad 3 or wide open 3 or layups that’s it
UCONN does the same thing. Lots of 3s thrown up there (they average almost 24 3PAs per game). Watched my first Purdue game last week and they do two things - feed their big guy or shoot threes. And when Edey gets the feed, he rarely kicks it back out. It's all or nothing for him unless he's triple teamed.

UCONN does the same thing. Lots of 3s thrown up there (they average almost 24 3PAs per game). Watched my first Purdue game last week and they do two things - feed their big guy or shoot threes. And when Edey gets the feed, he rarely kicks it back out. It's all or nothing for him unless he's triple teamed.
Yeah the warriors and curry changed everybody’s mindset with how they think the game should be played. Bama takes about 8-10 terrible 3s a game

Feels like even in this year of parity that UCONN will enter the tourney as strong favorites to win it all.

Lsu road game gonna be tough and so will msu. Even if we miraculously win at auburn or tn I'm afraid 2 and 2 is best case we can expect with this bunch on road rest of way.

Would be great if they could show some pride and win out at Rupp though.

Just a reminder that Gonzaga is 0-5 vs. Quad 1 teams per KenPom.

They are 10-0 against quad 4.

Yet there they are, perched at #25 on KenPom just behind us at #23.

Then wedged between us is, of all crappy teams, Michigan State. They have SEVEN quad 1 losses and only 2 Q1 wins.

We have one loss each in Q2 and 3, and are 2-4 in Q1.

The only explanation for Gonzaga being ranked that high is that almost all of their wins were blowouts, and KP apparently weights those higher overall than actual performances against Q1 and Q2 teams. Given 10/16 of their wins are against Q4, they should be nowhere near the top 50.

Just a reminder that Gonzaga is 0-5 vs. Quad 1 teams per KenPom.

They are 10-0 against quad 4.

Yet there they are, perched at #25 on KenPom just behind us at #23.

Then wedged between us is, of all crappy teams, Michigan State. They have SEVEN quad 1 losses and only 2 Q1 wins.

We have one loss each in Q2 and 3, and are 2-4 in Q1.

The only explanation for Gonzaga being ranked that high is that almost all of their wins were blowouts, and KP apparently weights those higher overall than actual performances against Q1 and Q2 teams. Given 10/16 of their wins are against Q4, they should be nowhere near the top 50.
Name and tradition too. Thatsaid, even with two players out, we should be able to beat them today.

Reactions: TheDude73
Lsu road game gonna be tough and so will msu. Even if we miraculously win at auburn or tn I'm afraid 2 and 2 is best case we can expect with this bunch on road rest of way.

Would be great if they could show some pride and win out at Rupp though.
LSU turns it over a ton. They also do not guard the three, which is strange against Bama because they should all know Bama is a volume three point shooting team (they've already attempted 29 with 16:41 left).

However, Bama is horrible with guarding the interior which is why LSU is still in this (LSU has only attempted 11 threes but made 5).

LSU turns it over a ton. They also do not guard the three, which is strange against Bama because they should all know Bama is a volume three point shooting team (they've already attempted 29 with 16:41 left).

However, Bama is horrible with guarding the interior which is why LSU is still in this (LSU has only attempted 11 threes but made 5).

I predict we win at lsu and msu and lose to au and tn. I know nothing will be easy for this team on the road though.

We are gonna end up the 5 seed anyways thanks to the Florida choke job and a and m loss.

USCjr sleepwalking at home against the horrid Vandy. I want USC to keep winning because I think we beat them with a full roster and some improved defense on a neutral court come SECT time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT