ADVERTISEMENT

Sahvir Wheeler to UK

tenor.gif

If you want to be the guy who takes 30 shots and shoots 30%, you stay at Georgia.

Anytime you can add the SEC assist leader, unless he's facing criminal charges or it costs you a mega-recruit, you do it. Putting him alongside Washington is going to help TyTy transition into the star we need him to be.

Hell yeah let us get Mintz back but I don't expect it
I am so glad that Cal isn't waiting on these guys anymore to see what their decision is going to be. Enough of our program being left to hold the bag. I don't see where it would benefit us to have Mintz back with Washington and now Wheeler combined with CJ, Allen, and Grady who can play guard as well.

I have posted before and some can disagree, but I felt Mintz was not elite but stood out because others were simply bad.

All of those that bashed this kid and said he wasn’t UK material will be eating crow next season. Mark my words. He is a player!
I am man enough to say when it was looking like he could possibly be our only PG on the team I was hesitant to get him based solely on his turnovers and shooting percentage. However with TyTy onboard to run point if need be I am softening up to him. To be honest it means nothing in relation to his game but after hearing him today he is a very well spoken young man and won me over with his passion to come in work hard and help the team win. That is what I wanted to hear.

Glad to have this kid. Any time you can add a 2nd team all-SEC pg to go with your 5 star recruit you take that and run with it. I'm not one that is too concerned with his 3 pt shooting. He doesn't have to be great at it, just make enough that they can't completely sag off of you.

Welcome Mr. Wheeler!

Reading tea leaves and having watched that interview, he mentioned several of his backcourt mates that he would be playing with (specifically talked about Allen, CJ Fredrick, Kellen Grady, and Tyty ...) but did he mention Mintz's name? I can't recall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT