ADVERTISEMENT

Sahvir Wheeler to UK

i highly doubt Mintz comes back

as far as match-ups go who is going to stay in front of Wheeler
those 239 assists were not by accident
how many more could he have had on a good team

his turnovers and poor 3 pt shooting should both improve since he will not be asked to do far too much

Ulis was smaller and defended pretty good
size is not the only thing that matters for a guard to be a very good defensive player

one thing is for certain, we will all find out as the season progresses
Who's going to stay in front of Wheeler? OMG man, this dude isn't MJ. Wheeler had some good stats, but if he was so unguardable, South Carolina wouldn't have smoked them by 21 points.

I think we all need to pump the brakes a little on this guy. He's a 4* pg in his 3rd year and he's 5'10" (some publications say 5'8"), he's not De'Aaron Fox.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Who's going to stay in front of Wheeler? OMG man, this dude isn't MJ. Wheeler had some good stats, but if he was so unguardable, South Carolina wouldn't have smoked them by 21 points.

I think we all need to pump the brakes a little on this guy. He's a 4* pg in his 3rd year and he's 5'10" (some publications say 5'8"), he's not De'Aaron Fox.
you think those 239 assists came because he was so easy to stay in front of?

we all understand that he is not Wall or Fox
but he is probably the quickest guard we have had minus those two

you really seem to want to down play an all SEC player

i am sure that you want to eat crow
hopefully for all our sake's you do

Reactions: SosaUK87
you think those 239 assists came because he was so easy to stay in front of?

we all understand that he is not Wall or Fox
but he is probably the quickest guard we have had minus those two

you really seem to want to down play an all SEC player

i am sure that you want to eat crow
hopefully for all our sake's you do
No, I'm not downplaying him, I just refuse to overinflate what he is.

We all should know better than to overhype these guys. I get it, he's not a high school kid, but keep in mind, he will he playing in a different offense and for a coach that focuses on defense first. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.

Reactions: fatguy87
Just watched the interview that Sahvir had with the Kentucky media. Very personable, energetic, knowledge of UK history, and seems like a player that wants to win over everything else. Initially, I was not too thrilled that we were reaching out to him to be our point guard, but I now understand why Cal and company did reach out! Kudos to the coaching staff for doing their homework on this kid. I feel the same way regarding CJ and Kellen. All 3 are experienced college players who have had success. Feeling much better about next season with our roster makeup. Hopefully the newcomers and returning players will find that cohesion as a team during the summer workouts and fall practices. No predictions on if we can contend for the SEC title next season but I am feeling more positive with the additions of these players and our new assistants. Go Cats!

Just watched the interview that Sahvir had with the Kentucky media. Very personable, energetic, knowledge of UK history, and seems like a player that wants to win over everything else. Initially, I was not too thrilled that we were reaching out to him to be our point guard, but I now understand why Cal and company did reach out! Kudos to the coaching staff for doing their homework on this kid. I feel the same way regarding CJ and Kellen. All 3 are experienced college players who have had success. Feeling much better about next season with our roster makeup. Hopefully the newcomers and returning players will find that cohesion as a team during the summer workouts and fall practices. No predictions on if we can contend for the SEC title next season but I am feeling more positive with the additions of these players and our new assistants. Go Cats!
At least he has some knowledge of the tradition and seems to be proud to be able to wear the Kentucky uniform. I think he will play hard and be fine.

Something I don’t see brought up very often is that he seems to have a toughness about him which is something we severely lacked last year. With the exception of Jackson and Mintz.

Kentucky's roster outlook unclear as John Calipari awaits transfer ruling​

John Calipari is awaiting a pivotal ruling on the eligibility of transfers before he will know who will be around to help the Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team bounce back from the coach's first losing season in Lexington.

As has been the case since Calipari's 2009 arrival at Kentucky, the Wildcats underwent their annual roster makeover. This spring, the turnover included several signings of players from an overstocked NCAA transfer portal.

How the Wildcats' roster looks depends on the return of graduate guard Davion Mintz and the eligibility of transfer Sahvir Wheeler.

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT