ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

For my first pick give me ( I didn't his name listed )

Jerry Lucas:

Jerry Lucas wasn't particularly tall or bruising, nor was he a great leaper, but his name can be found at the top of any list of great rebounding forwards in NBA history. The 6-8 Lucas hauled down 12,942 rebounds for an average of 15.6 per game, the fourth-best career mark in NBA history behind Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Bob Pettit.

Lucas won a championship in high school, college & the pros and also won a gold medal with the US Olympic team.

Reactions: UKRuppster
And for my next pick ill go with a career 40% 3 point shooter... may of heard the last name before give me

Dell Curry

For my final roster spot I’ll add another big. Give me 7x all star Jack Sikma. Sikma was as good as they come for an all around big man, even if he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. He led the NBA twice in defensive win shares, 29th all time in that stat. 20th in defensive rebounding % all time, top 50 all time win share holder. Career 16 and 10 guy. This board knows you can’t have enough shooters, for a big man Sikma led the league in 1988 in ft% at 93%. Getting a well rounded big with my last pick is a steal in my book.

@gossie21 you’re up

Reactions: UKcats1988
For my 12th man I will take a versatile forward known mostly for his defense. His stats won't blow anyone away, and I think he only made one all-star game, and I don't even remember that happening. He is however the owner of one of the most elusive statistics in the NBA the 5x5 (At least 5 points, rebounds, steals, assists, and blocks) and he has 3 (Hakeem Olajuwon has the most in NBA history with 6). He also led the NBA in blocks for a season, has a top-20 career Defensive Box+/- and top-50 career VORP.

I am selecting AK-47, Andrei Kirilenko, F.

8ZE0.gif

For my 12th man I will take a versatile forward known mostly for his defense. His stats won't blow anyone away, and I think he only made one all-star game, and I don't even remember that happening. He is however the owner of one of the most elusive statistics in the NBA the 5x5 (At least 5 points, rebounds, steals, assists, and blocks) and he has 3 (Hakeem Olajuwon has the most in NBA history with 6). He also led the NBA in blocks for a season, has a top-20 career Defensive Box+/- and top-50 career VORP.

I am selecting AK-47, Andrei Kirilenko, F.

8ZE0.gif

Thought about him too.

When voting, I think all players shall be regarded as being in their primes. Some people (I am one) have players that had injuries cut their careers shorter than expected. I just think all things should be equal while voting. Only way to do that is to view all players as if they were in their primes. JMO.

When voting, I think all players shall be regarded as being in their primes. Some people (I am one) have players that had injuries cut their careers shorter than expected. I just think all things should be equal while voting. Only way to do that is to view all players as if they were in their primes. JMO.

I think the OP says something about considering the totality of their careers. That's the most fair way to do it, because longevity is part of greatness.

Basically, people know certain players were really good for a short time and certain players were really good for a long time. One of those is better and more valuable, and I think most people will have an accurate perception of that. Penny Hardaway *isn't* Magic Johnson and injuries are part of that.

I think the OP says something about considering the totality of their careers. That's the most fair way to do it, because longevity is part of greatness.

Basically, people know certain players were really good for a short time and certain players were really good for a long time. One of those is better and more valuable, and I think most people will have an accurate perception of that. Penny Hardaway *isn't* Magic Johnson and injuries are part of that.
It will be interesting to see how teams argue the greatness of their roster against other teams. The framework, while considering totality of careers, is which team would win head-to-head in a 7 game series. So if Shaq's old and fat end of his career would lose in that matchup vs. his "Most Dominant Ever" prime winning in a sweep how do you accurately weigh that? It will be a difficult balance of the two concepts for managers and voters, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks still waiting for someone to tell me he was picked. All time great and top 50 player according to many

No need to take Dennis Rodman in the 4th when you can have Jerry Lucas with the last 11th round pick. And that's no offense to Rodman nor to the guy who took Rodman. I enjoyed Rodman's quirky personality and he was a great rebounder/defender.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
OK, it’s been over 15 hours since the last pick so here goes.

For the 12th spot on a roster full of all time greats, I don’t really need anything. But what I’m missing is smallish backup point guard.

Give me a 9 time All Star. A quick, defensive-minded setup man. A coach on the floor. Give me a member of the original top 50 NBA players of all time list from 1996.

For my 12th and final pick, I’ll take Lenny Wilkens.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT