ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters All-Time MLB Draft - Completed

Austin Kearns
Youre Out Puerto Rico GIF by MLB

This guy may not have a sexy name compared to the other catchers already chosen... but he's #3 all-time in WAR behind Bench and Gibson.

Give me HOF Catcher Gary Carter.

@jcrow10 OTC

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Eddie Collins at 2B and because I need a solid 3B, I’m taking Nolan Arenado who has won 10 straight gold gloves and has over 300 HR. It’s hard to pick current players for this draft, but I think he’s a solid choice given that some of the historic 3B are off the list. @jcrow10 back at ya.

Reactions: JonathanW
Lifetime .310 hitter with 2749 hits and 2 batting titles I'll take "Ol Aches and Pains" Luke Appling

I only need this guy to get on base with all my power hitters... he fits right in!

Fun Fact at the age of 75 in the Cracker Jack Old Timers Game he hit a HR off of Warren Spahn

@Cowtown Cat OTC

Eddie Collins at 2B and because I need a solid 3B, I’m taking Nolan Arenado who has won 10 straight gold gloves and has over 300 HR. It’s hard to pick current players for this draft, but I think he’s a solid choice given that some of the historic 3B are off the list. @jcrow10 back at ya.
2 very good picks.
Interesting thing about Arenado. I was in an extremely deep fantasy semi-keeper league years ago, and drafted him as a prospect when in AA. At the time the scouts said his bat was good, but they questioned his glove and thought he might have to move to 1B. Lol, scouting is not a science.

Lifetime .310 hitter with 2749 hits and 2 batting titles I'll take "Ol Aches and Pains" Luke Appling

I only need this guy to get on base with all my power hitters... he fits right in!

Fun Fact at the age of 75 in the Cracker Jack Old Timers Game he hit a HR off of Warren Spahn

@Cowtown Cat OTC
Yeah, he was never a homerun hitter but he got this one. I watch the video from time to time.

Reactions: DraftCat
2 very good picks.
Interesting thing about Arenado. I was in an extremely deep fantasy semi-keeper league years ago, and drafted him as a prospect when in AA. At the time the scouts said his bat was good, but they questioned his glove and thought he might have to move to 1B. Lol, scouting is not a science.
It’s far from a guarantee. The guy has definitely proven he has a glove!

a lot more in this guy’s career left but the production so far, especially in last years playoffs was too much for me to let him go any further. give me bryce harper @Jsngabbard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT