ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 drcats2013 vs. BigBlueFanGA

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Playoffs - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@drcats2013 - Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Zion Williamson, Dejounte Murray, Nikola Vucevic, Seth Curry, James Wiseman, Aaron Gordon, Obi Toppin, Victor Oladipo

vs.

@BigBlueFanGA - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, Zach Lavine, Jarret Allen, Jeremi Grant, Gary Trent Jr, Jalen Brunson, Norman Powell, Anfernee Simons, Matisse Thybulle

This ones a little confusing to me. His top 3 are coming off serious injuries and neither Kawhi or Damian are young anymore. Its doubtful at this point whether Zion ever has a real career. If he heals up and gets in shape he's just going to hurt a knee/ankle/foot again soon.

After those 3, no offense to @drcats2013 but he doesn't have anyone left to beat me. There is no way that team beats mine the majority of the next 5 years.

This ones a little confusing to me. His top 3 are coming off serious injuries and neither Kawhi or Damian are young anymore. Its doubtful at this point whether Zion ever has a real career. If he heals up and gets in shape he's just going to hurt a knee/ankle/foot again soon.

After those 3, no offense to @drcats2013 but he doesn't have anyone left to beat me. There is no way that team beats mine the majority of the next 5 years.
No one left to beat you? No offense, but you either don’t watch basketball at all or completely ignorant to the game. Murray is a budding superstar on both ends of the floor. You drafted Jerami Grant 5th lmao. A guy that puts up inefficient stats on a terrible team. His PER is atrocious.

Unfortunately I didn’t have the luxury to get the best player in basketball right now with my first pick, which is clearly carrying you, but you have plenty of inefficiencies. For one, Kyrie is a basket case and has combined to play a whopping 103 games in the last 3 years. In that same timeframe, Zion, the guy who has never had a real career, has played 85 games, and is still just 21 years old. Those “old” guys Damian and Kawhi are 1 and 2 years older than Kyrie. Also, Zach Lavine is averaging 53 games per season over his last 6, missing about 30 games per year.

I will admit I took a gamble with my draft selection of Zion, but I put together one hell of a team with where I had to draft from, despite your arrogant comment while being carried by a single player. Your team was literally an auto draft of best player available with zero creativity.

No one left to beat you? No offense, but you either don’t watch basketball at all or completely ignorant to the game. Murray is a budding superstar on both ends of the floor. You drafted Jerami Grant 5th lmao. A guy that puts up inefficient stats on a terrible team. His PER is atrocious.

Unfortunately I didn’t have the luxury to get the best player in basketball right now with my first pick, which is clearly carrying you, but you have plenty of inefficiencies. For one, Kyrie is a basket case and has combined to play a whopping 103 games in the last 3 years. In that same timeframe, Zion, the guy who has never had a real career, has played 85 games, and is still just 21 years old. Those “old” guys Damian and Kawhi are 1 and 2 years older than Kyrie. Also, Zach Lavine is averaging 53 games per season over his last 6, missing about 30 games per year.

I will admit I took a gamble with my draft selection of Zion, but I put together one hell of a team with where I had to draft from, despite your arrogant comment while being carried by a single player. Your team was literally an auto draft of best player available with zero creativity.
A Pamprin may help.

Nice retort. Had no idea you were a sexist.
Lol, relax man, just messing with you. Why are you so mad? This is just a game where we attack each others weaknesses, remember? I wasn't trying to be arrogant but sometimes my writing style isn't really clear. My point was simply that by everyones statements in this draft, you have to have a superstar leader on the team to win titles and if those 3 and really it would be Kawhi and Damian aren't at their peak, would you have that. I wasn't inferring that you didn't have great players. Obviously Murray had a breakout season.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Lol, relax man, just messing with you. Why are you so mad? This is just a game where we attack each others weaknesses, remember? I wasn't trying to be arrogant but sometimes my writing style isn't really clear. My point was simply that by everyones statements in this draft, you have to have a superstar leader on the team to win titles and if those 3 and really it would be Kawhi and Damian aren't at their peak, would you have that. I wasn't inferring that you didn't have great players. Obviously Murray had a breakout season.
Lmao I just wanted an actual response from you after the pamprin comment and it worked. Obviously you’re not sexist.

Now, on to the discussion. Kawhi and Damian did have injuries last year, but both are still at the end of their prime and have a couple years left as superstars. Both are also top 75 players all time and more than capable of leading my team. Kawhi has been the best player on 2 different championship teams. He does need to stay healthy, though.

I think my team has enough to get the first 3 titles, but I do understand how Giannis keeps most from thinking that way. If we switched Giannis and Kawhi I think the voting would be in the exact opposite direction. Its crucial to get a top pick in these current drafts, so I am very envious of that lol

Lmao I just wanted an actual response from you after the pamprin comment and it worked. Obviously you’re not sexist.

Now, on to the discussion. Kawhi and Damian did have injuries last year, but both are still at the end of their prime and have a couple years left as superstars. Both are also top 75 players all time and more than capable of leading my team. Kawhi has been the best player on 2 different championship teams. He does need to stay healthy, though.

I think my team has enough to get the first 3 titles, but I do understand how Giannis keeps most from thinking that way. If we switched Giannis and Kawhi I think the voting would be in the exact opposite direction. Its crucial to get a top pick in these current drafts, so I am very envious of that lol
I've been played again. I suck at that.

• Haha
Reactions: drcats2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT