ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 RunninRitchie vs. jwhite123

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@RunninRichie - Jayson Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, De'Aaron Fox, Deandre Ayton, Tobias Harris, Joe Harris, Jordan Clarkson, Grant Williams, Duncan Robinson, Andre Drummond

vs.

@jwhite123 - Luka Doncic, Rudy Gobert, La'Melo Ball, Mikal Bridges, Fred Vanvleet, RJ Barrett, Josh Giddey, Buddy Hield, Jabari Smith, Mitchell Robinson

Lineup

La’Melo Ball
Fred VanVleet
Luka Doncic
Mikal Bridges
Rudy Gobert

Josh Giddey
Buddy Hield
RJ Barrett
Jabari Smith
Mitchell Robinson

Here is the case for my team:

if we are looking at a 5 year window, every guy on my team is either in the prime of their career or right on the cusp. My starting lineup has 4 all stars, two of the best distributors in basketball, two of the top 3 vote getters in the DPOY race in Gobert and Bridges, and a knockdown shooter in FVV. Coming off the bench one of the bright young play makers, a 20 ppg scorer, the potential number one pick, another spot up shooter, and guy who was 4th in the NBA in blocks.

My lineup is as versatile as they come. With Luka and Ball, you won’t find a better flow to an offense. FVV and Bridges will help spread the floor with Gobert having a field day with lobs from Luka and Ball. Uptempo, slow it down, there’s many ways my team can play.

Aside from Tatum, I’m not sure any person on Richie’s team has proven anything. Ayton played less minutes than freakin Javale McGee in game 7

Gotta go Richie here. I just don’t like Gobert as the second pick
you don’t like a perennial all NBA guy who has averaged 15 and 13.5 the last 3 seasons? He had the 8th highest PER this season and has the number 1 offensive rating among active players

you don’t like a perennial all NBA guy who has averaged 15 and 13.5 the last 3 seasons? He had the 8th highest PER this season and has the number 1 offensive rating among active players

Think the issue for most on Gobert is you can't play him in certain situations. I do think you missed a real chance at getting Luka a 2nd banana superstar.

I get the logic though... the Center position is just being devalued year after year now.

Here is the case for my team:

if we are looking at a 5 year window, every guy on my team is either in the prime of their career or right on the cusp. My starting lineup has 4 all stars, two of the best distributors in basketball, two of the top 3 vote getters in the DPOY race in Gobert and Bridges, and a knockdown shooter in FVV. Coming off the bench one of the bright young play makers, a 20 ppg scorer, the potential number one pick, another spot up shooter, and guy who was 4th in the NBA in blocks.

My lineup is as versatile as they come. With Luka and Ball, you won’t find a better flow to an offense. FVV and Bridges will help spread the floor with Gobert having a field day with lobs from Luka and Ball. Uptempo, slow it down, there’s many ways my team can play.

Aside from Tatum, I’m not sure any person on Richie’s team has proven anything. Ayton played less minutes than freakin Javale McGee in game 7
scoreboard.

• Haha
Reactions: jwhite123
Andre Drummond did the same thing for many a year. You don’t win with those guys as one of your top players in todays game. That top offensive rating is also very misleading. Deandre Jordan was that guy for years. Means very little.

Gobert is a very solid 3rd best player. Not a good 2nd at all, IMO.

Reactions: DraftCat
fox and mitchell is a strange backcourt. their the team’s volume guy, neither particularly great at distributing. but having multiple ball dominant players doesn’t seem to be hurting anyone this draft despite it not working in real life.

Think the issue for most on Gobert is you can't play him in certain situations. I do think you missed a real chance at getting Luka a 2nd banana superstar.

I get the logic though... the Center position is just being devalued year after year now.
In what situation, against Richie’s team would Gobert not be able to play in? You can’t devalue Gobert when his possible matchups would be Ayton/Drummond. It’s hard to play him in series like Golden State, but when he’s lined up across from a traditional big you’d still Rather not have him?

and looking at a 5 year window you don’t think Ball could be that mega star? He’s already an All star at 19 averaging 20, 7, and 7 lol

In what situation, against Richie’s team would Gobert not be able to play in? You can’t devalue Gobert when his possible matchups would be Ayton/Drummond. It’s hard to play him in series like Golden State, but when he’s lined up across from a traditional big you’d still Rather not have him?

and looking at a 5 year window you don’t think Ball could be that mega star? He’s already an All star at 19 averaging 20, 7, and 7 lol

Specifically against Richie team you have a point.. perhaps not against others.

I would of liked to see you go - Luka, Klay, Ball which was possible.

Andre Drummond did the same thing for many a year. You don’t win with those guys as one of your top players in todays game. That top offensive rating is also very misleading. Deandre Jordan was that guy for years. Means very little.

Gobert is a very solid 3rd best player. Not a good 2nd at all, IMO.
Think about the constructs of those teams. It’s not misleading when you combine Gobert with Ball and Luka. Taking the best defensive player in the NBA with the 27th overall pick in my opinion was a steal. He’s there to block shots and dunk lol

Reactions: drcats2013
Specifically against Richie team you have a point.. perhaps not against others.

I would of liked to see you go - Luka, Klay, Ball which was possible.
I would argue with the way everyone drafts, Gobert is more valuable than most other bigs. Considering almost every team drafted a traditional big man. So if you agree that I have a point against Richies team that’s all that should matter in this instance.

In the idea of this draft I wasn’t a fan of Klay. 32 coming off an Achilles scared me away

Think about the constructs of those teams. It’s not misleading when you combine Gobert with Ball and Luka. Taking the best defensive player in the NBA with the 27th overall pick in my opinion was a steal. He’s there to block shots and dunk lol
I just don’t think I’d want my second best player to be there to “block shots and dunk” in todays game. That’s all. In 2002 I’d be all for it

I do wonder how effective a trio of guys like Doncic, Barret, and Ball would be. All 3 of them are very ball dominant and need to ball in their hands to be productive and are all either average or below average. on defense.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I just don’t think I’d want my second best player to be there to “block shots and dunk” in todays game. That’s all. In 2002 I’d be all for it
I mean, you disparage him but the guy you’re saying can’t be my second best player has made more All-NBA teams than everyone on Richie’s team combined lol. I’m not sure what else you could want

I do wonder how effective a trio of guys like Doncic, Barret, and Ball would be. All 3 of them are very ball dominant and need to ball in their hands to be productive and are all either average or below average. on defense.
Luke and Ball are ball dominant at times but they are guys who can distribute with the basketball. So aren’t necessarily looking to score every time they touch the ball. As opposed to Tatum and Mitchell who have two of the highest usage rates in basketball and are mainly just scorers. Although I love Tatum, I’m mostly talking about Mitchell there lol

and Luke and Ball are better defensively that what people realize. I can’t argue for Barrett defensively. I just drafted him as a great scorer coming off the bench lol

I mean, you disparage him but the guy you’re saying can’t be my second best player had made more All-NBA teams than everyone on Richie’s team combined lol. I’m not sure what else you could want
Winning. His limited skill set is simply not as valuable when it comes to winning in todays game; at least not as your second best player in a 14 team draft. I’m sorry, that’s just reality.

You drafted a good team in all honesty, but these are close, and that’s the deciding factor for me in this matchup

Winning. His limited skill set is simply not as valuable when it comes to winning in todays game; at least not as your second best player in a 14 team draft. I’m sorry, that’s just reality.

You drafted a good team in all honesty, but these are close, and that’s the deciding factor for me in this matchup
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree that having Mitchell as a second best player, when all he can do is be an inefficient volume scorer, is better suited for winning than having Gobert.

Which apparently I’m in the minority as I’m getting whomped atm😂

• Haha
Reactions: drcats2013
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree that having Mitchell as a second best player, when all he can do is be an inefficient volume scorer, is better suited for winning than having Gobert.

Which apparently I’m in the minority as I’m getting whomped atm😂
I really do like your team. Just have to find something to make up the difference in these close matchups. Honestly think it should be closer than the score. I’d give his team a 55-45 edge percentage wise, and completely understand why someone would like yours more.

Really like the jwhite setup. Playmaking everywhere on the perimeter, defensive anchor bigs. I think if Richie had a stretch big or 2 he could create some tough spots for jwhite defensively. Both teams are young and wont peak till the end. Would be a fast n furious series but i voted jwhite in a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT