ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino is Back: New Coach at Iona

Pitino was the best coach in college basketball. People do not understand how important the program is. Being at Louisville did not allow him what it takes to compete at the level of the blueblood, and he still *won a *national title.

Someone is going to go all in if he keeps his nose clean over 2 or 3 years. He's getting u there in age, but a program like Memphis, Tennessee, LSU, NC State, ect would love to see 5-6 years of Pitino.

He is already back in the states. I don’t think it’s Iona, I’ve been hearing GCU. They have resources for him to make them a good program, I can see it happening.

Didn't know that, just read the part where said he would finish season with current players and assumed he was still there.

BBN’s opinions of Pitino are all over the map, and that’s fine: everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But here are facts: elite coach, loves/lives for the game, good for college basketball, teams will be in the mix almost every March.

Sorry if you’re a Pitino hater and the truth hurts. Bash me all you want....

They will be on our schedule then when they make the tournament it will be against Louisville or Minnesota

Pitino can use the old Jimmy V line. Hello, my name is Rick Pitino, (I own a) university.

BBN’s opinions of Pitino are all over the map, and that’s fine: everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But here are facts: elite coach, loves/lives for the game, good for college basketball, teams will be in the mix almost every March.

Sorry if you’re a Pitino hater and the truth hurts. Bash me all you want....
No one never said he was not an elite coach.
Fake outrage much?

In breaking unrelated news, Iona has been placed on NCAA probation.

I'm not expecting much success. Last team at Louisville crapped out in the second round. Team before that wasn't any better. And 3 years older from then. Taking over a 12-16 team that loses top 2 scorers and 4 of the top 5.

It would be weird seeing Pitino back in college ball, even weirder at a nobody mid major like Iona

agree. Iona has had some coaches that become somewhat prominent- most notably valvano. But others include Pat Kennedy, Tim Welsh and Kevin Willard.
This, of course, will be the first time they land a big name.

In breaking unrelated news, Iona has been placed on NCAA probation.

I'm not expecting much success. Last team at Louisville crapped out in the second round. Team before that wasn't any better. And 3 years older from then. Taking over a 12-16 team that loses top 2 scorers and 4 of the top 5.
Cluess won 20+ games every season except the past 2 at Iona. I’d guess Pitino within 2 years will have them winning 25+. Obviously won’t be a legit contender but he can easily win there on a high level for them.

I personally would love to see him on the sidelines and play UK. Then everyone there in blue and white could stand and give him the finger.
No matter what he did good, his last thing at Rupp is what I remember most.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT