ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis

Dec 26, 2014
I loved having him on the team this year. I also love and trust Cal who seems to have embraced having Reid on the team this season. Do you think Cal might go the route of adding maybe a couple of grad transfers for next years team?

Was asking that question all afternoon.

EJ could at least defend off the high pick and roll that was leading Reid to being isolated late in the game against a faster guard.

If you're not going to feed the ball to Reid and run plays for him offensively, he doesn't give you anything defensively that EJ doesn't do better. Both guys can rebound, so it's not like Reid was exponentially better there either.

I didn't get the tactical component of yesterday's demise.

Reactions: Bluesmokey
Reid was decent but certainly not what I expected based on his previous numbers. He had a 4 inch vertical and could barely dunk and finish at the rim. He was a really good re bounder but didn't pose much of an offensive threat or defensive stopper either.

I agree, he was dominating them inside early, was 4/4, then mysteriously we never went inside to him again??

I think the early undergrad degree/grad-school level transfers are a must to counter the inconsistency of our freshmen 5 stars. In addition to P5, some mid-major players might be enticed to transfer to a bigger stage (Wofford's big man Cameron Jackson was in his 5th year as a medical RS this year.....he would have fit in well at many P5 schools). Also, some mid-major schools don't have masters programs that allow them to keep redshirt (5 yr) players after graduation. Late-bluming stars are out there. We should do the market research and pull in one.....maybe two Reid Travis types per year IMHO.

Absolutely loved his toughness.

I hate that it didn't work out better for him. I think his year at UK didn't do a lot to help his draft stock. He didn't get to play in the Final 4 in Minnesota.

If we had known Auburn would only make 7 three point shots we would have signed up for that all day.

I felt good about 2010, 2018, and 2019 going against WVU, KSU, and Auburn without a critical piece of their starting lineup (each team had a starter missing from their respective games with us).

I'm done with feeling good about any matchup from now on. UK plays down to their opposition in the tournament.

One of favorite Cats of all time. Loved is attitude and fame. Good luck to him.

Was asking that question all afternoon.
There were several “oddities” about yesterday’s game I can’t quite put my finger on, such as the Reid example. I hope there’s nothing to it, but it was eerily similar to Cal’s last game in Memphis 2009. Just observing...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT