ADVERTISEMENT

It looked like Travis Ford

Reed is a good guy (it seems) so there is that difference. Everywhere Ford has been, it is common knowledge he is a prick to the highest degree and no one is ever sad to see him go.
I worked down in camblesville ky years ago and Travis coached there and you're exactly right about everyone thought he was a egotistical prick and snob

I worked down in camblesville ky years ago and Travis coached there and you're exactly right about everyone thought he was a egotistical prick and snob
Worst case of little man syndrome I've ever seen. I don't think he was 5'9"...he was wearing cowboy boots both times I met him and he wouldn't have been as tall as me even if he'd added the hat; I'm 6 foot

It was good to see him drive the ball to the hoop. Good things tend to happen when he plays with that mentality. Travis was before my time but I can imagine they play pretty similar styles.
I know! When he’s aggressive we are really good. He played like that often when we were rolling.

I thought of that comparison when Reed had to hit two free throws to send a game into overtime. Ford did that in a Final Four game.

Reactions: grevey35
Reed moved more like Travis than he does his dad. He may be able to jump out of the gym but he is a little more stiff in his movement than pops was. You can say that for just about everyone though when it came to Jeff Shepard
Jeff was extremely quick and relentless. A friend of mine always called him the energizer bunny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT