ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves gone ? Pilgrim says yes

2019 great team. Lost in overtime in the E8 game. ‘20 great team. Win the SEC by 3 games. Didn’t get to show what they could do.

‘21 was just awful.

‘22 was a 2 seed.

‘23 overachieved.

‘24 is yet to be seen. But I expect greatness.

If that’s a “shot show” in your book then you just need a new book.

Wait, 2023 overachiever? Lmao.

And you didn't mention 2022 lost to a 15 seed n round of 64.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
That’s not on the player tho. That’s on the coach. Acting like reaves isn’t that good is ridiculous
And it's the same coach that watched our 2010 shoot over thirty threes with shooters that struggled to hit threes all year and he never did anything to fix the issue. That 2010 debacle is still the worst game coaching I have ever seen.
Can't blame Reeves for the KSU loss, he was just doing what he was told.

You just changed what you said. You didn't say he was inconsistent, you said he couldn't dribble, or defend and there was no way he was getting 28 mpg in 23/24. Now look atcha, you're doing what you always do, which is try to convince everyone that you said something different, when you know what you actually said is still shown in the thread.

I didn’t ignore what Reeves did in the KSU game, he shot poorly, but tell me another game where he shot us out of it. I'll wait. Cal kept him on the bench so he could play Wheeler most of the year, how much did he actually hurt the team from the bench?

But also, you could blame Reeves for the KSU loss, OR you could blame our overall poor defense. I mean, Cal tried to trap the fastest pg in the tournament, out by the time line, with two bigs and he did it twice. Kid scored a layup each time.

Also, if you are going to attack Reeves, I guess you might as well go ahead and attack Wall, Knight, Lamb (2011), Randle, Twins (2014, twins (2015) Murray, Ulis (2016), SGA, Hagans (2019), PJ Washington (2018 missed free throws) and PJ Washington again (2019 missed free throws). All those players choked too, but you would gladly take all of them in a UK jersey. But for some reason, Reeves is different.
I didn't attack Reeves. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.. Reeves is a very inconsistent shooter. There were games where his shooting was great. There were also games in which he couldn't hit the side of a barn. His poor defense is one of the reasons NBA teams aren't high on him. His ballhandling is not great. I did not blame him for the KState loss. I just pointed out the fact he played terribly in that game. Stop distorting my words. I have nothing against Reeves. He even seems to realize his role will be smaller if he returns.

I didn't attack Reeves. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.. Reeves is a very inconsistent shooter. There were games where his shooting was great. There were also games in which he couldn't hit the side of a barn. His poor defense is one of the reasons NBA teams aren't high on him. His ballhandling is not great. I did not blame him for the KState loss. I just pointed out the fact he played terribly in that game. Stop distorting my words. I have nothing against Reeves. He even seems to realize his role will be smaller if he returns.
I think you need to go back and read your posts.

Now, tell me two things.
1) what games did Reeves shoot so bad in that you feel he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn?

2) tell me what players in college and/or pro basketball history, never had a bad shooting game.

I expect you will not give answers to these two things.

The best shooter in NBA history is arguably Steph Curry and without looking, I can guarantee you he had many poor shooting games in college and pro ball. You’re pointing to one game and stating Reeves isn't good enough to get 28 minutes a game this year.

Again, you're assuming all these freshmen Cal has coming in are going to hit the ground running and not have bad games themselves. I'm going to tell you now, they are all going to struggle defensively, they are all going to struggle with the speed of the game and the physicality.

Reeves is a known commodity, he dropped 37 points at Arkansas and he was huge against Providence, we don't win that game without him. I would be willing to bet none of these incoming freshmen will come close to doing anything like that. You’re buying into the hype and I bet you disappear when these guys don't live up to expectations and Reeves (if he returns) has to take over and handle the load.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT