ADVERTISEMENT

Q Green possibly transferring

He's been mentioned but nothing is definite. If it happened, was told to expect it to be closer to home (Nova?) and he'd get full waiver from UK.

Consider how closely our team is covered and how well those folks do their job.

It's just highly unlikely information like that about our program comes from the outside.

It's also vastly different for someone to discuss Kentucky next year as a general fan and say someone like Green might transfer based on guard numbers than for someone to actually report that it's a possibility.

He might not play the point, but he'll see plenty of court time, the guy can knock down shots. Would hope he doesn't transfer.

Reactions: Cawood86
If true I'm tired of cry babies that get 15+ minutes per game as a freshmen & pissed about it. Stupid if true

Not always a one way thing when it comes to transfers. Some guys see their role one way and UK Staff sees another. No matter what Green decides, perimeter and on the ball defense is going to be an emphasis of improvement and specifically without the shot blocking presence--which is what staff has not had at level they are accustomed to the past 2 years. That also will try to be addressed this offseason.

Not always a one way thing when it comes to transfers. Some guys see their role one way and UK Staff sees another. No matter what Green decides, perimeter and on the ball defense is going to be an emphasis of improvement and specifically without the shot blocking presence--which is what staff has not had at level they are accustomed to the past 2 years. That also will try to be addressed this offseason.

Once Quade's back was right, his defense improved tremendously.

He has physical limitations, but those are going to follow him anywhere he goes if he leaves.

Reactions: Montana81
I hope not, he will get tons of PT next year. I thought he did really good as the PG of a team full of freshman. His potential is really high, can play here 2 or 3 years and be a first rounder, probably even lottery by junior season.

That would suck. Good player, good shooter, played a lot this season, and likely would be even better as a Sophomore. Would hate to see the "guy who we foresaw as a good multiyear player" transferring become a trend. Hope it's much ado about nothing unless the unlikely scenario of Shai returning takes place to soften the blow.

Once Quade's back was right, his defense improved tremendously.

He has physical limitations, but those are going to follow him anywhere he goes if he leaves.

No need to convince me, I'm just sharing what I was told. The staff isn't pushing him out at all, they just have a vision of what they want to change and improve. UK perimeter defense and lack of shot blocking are areas they will try to address. Thing is, you really have to improve on the ball/perimeter D if you don't have a rim protector(s) to cover up for them getting beat.

Green has a lot of people back home telling him to go somewhere else to "be the man".

The only reason this would make sense to me would be if he knew SGA was coming back.
So let's say SGA Knox Diallo all come back, somehow that makes Green want to leave? Aren't these guys supposed to be his friends

Reactions: Cindog28
No need to convince me, I'm just sharing what I was told. The staff isn't pushing him out at all, they just have a vision of what they want to change and improve. UK perimeter defense and lack of shot blocking are areas they will try to address. Thing is, you really have to improve on the ball/perimeter D if you don't have a rim protector(s) to cover up for them getting beat.

Green has a lot of people back home telling him to go somewhere else to "be the man".

Ah, Philly.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of kid who listens to that, just in the way he kept battling this year and was very clearly a vocal leader. I didn't feel like he was buried or anything.

Even if so, i would think the injury would be enough of a factor for him to give it another year here and see how things look.

Always appreciate the info. I don't see Green going to any program to "be the man" except maybe Syracuse. JMO

Reactions: BassProCat
Consider how closely our team is covered and how well those folks do their job.

It's just highly unlikely information like that about our program comes from the outside.

It's also vastly different for someone to discuss Kentucky next year as a general fan and say someone like Green might transfer based on guard numbers than for someone to actually report that it's a possibility.

I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying you think this report is credible or not credible?

My instinct is that I see no reason Green would transfer. Yes, he wanted to be OAD (who wouldn’t?) and even planned on it. But do we believe Cal never spoke honestly with Quade about what he’d need to show in order to go pro without size or athleticism? The answer is a totally elite shooting and passing game. Green seems like he’s on the Tyler Ulis track right now (and remember Ulis had Briscoe coming in behind him, a top PG with NBA size). All of these Quade rumors seem pretty wispy to me. Can anyone point to something substantial, or a genuine insider saying Green is considering a transfer?

This rumor actually makes sense to me. The fact that we were recruiting and offering Hagans to reclassify to 2018 was the tip off to me. I believe Quade would play behind both Quickly and Hagans. Now, if SGA would come back (which I think is very unlikely) then Quade's PT reduces even further.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT