ADVERTISEMENT

Trending the right way

Yes Z is great against teams that don’t play physical (or any) defense. But we saw how bad he was in 30 seconds against USC. He needs to get in there and be left in there against a tough defense or he’ll never learn.
Agree. but a little late in the year to learn toughness on defense by “putting him in and leaving him in.”

I can definitely see both sides of it and Cal has done himself no favors last couple seasons. Appreciate the perspectives. I think past bunch of years we peaked in January. I like the timing on this one as long as we get and stay healthy.

Someone may trip Cal.....jk jk...🧐

Nope! But to poster that thinks we can only beat Vandy.

I'm with you there. It just sickens me that with better coaching what this team could do but I am torn too because without Cal's recruiting this team wouldn't be assembled...

I do not like staying angry but darn, Cal could fix his own deficiencies and what a juggernaut UK could be....

Nope. As long as Cal's stubbornness keeps him throwing out nonsense lineups, our chances of winning anything this season are 50% at best. Definitely not 6 in a row.
Couldn't watch yesterday but just finished watching the recording. Bradshaw and DJ didn't play a lot yesterday and Edwards had a breakout game. Z looked a ton more comfy as well. I thought his lineup decisions yesterday were gold. Didn't push the panic button when we got down 5 early on. He stuck with what was working. When Cal gets out of his own way things usually work out fine. We just haven't seen a lot of that in a while. Here's hoping he sticks with what's working. I wouldn't bank on it based on recent past but yesterday nobody can fault Cal. We looked like we could beat anyone. Maybe we are built for March?

Reactions: chroix and BBUK
Hard earned win. Had the guys lost I think it would've been damaging for their mind. They dug down deep and found themselves. This game should do a lot for the team going forward. It's about time one of these games went our way. Great win. Let's get another Saturday.

Reactions: chroix
Okay, now we got the hard one out of the way. Now we have to avoid the letdown against the bottom dwellers the next two games.

Take care of business and we can walk into TBA with nothing to lose and everything to gain to end the regular season.

This is where you want to be right now. Building off the big win at Alabama to go on the road to beat a good Miss St. team with a huge win over Auburn as well. Get Mitchell healthy and have a full deck going into March for once.

Yes Z is great against teams that don’t play physical (or any) defense. But we saw how bad he was in 30 seconds against USC. He needs to get in there and be left in there against a tough defense or he’ll never learn.
The thing is, leaving him in against physically tougher players for stretches could end in him fouling out earlier. It's a delicate balance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT