ADVERTISEMENT

Being picky here but .5 seconds

I had to go outside and walk down the street at the end of that game. Rob made 2 FT’s we went up 8. I said to myself that these last 50 seconds will be the longest ever!

Immediately hits the 3 and I said to my wife, “here we go again!” Then It got down to 4, and when UGO fouled that dude I said to her, “I can’t take this.”

I walked outside and down the street until it was over and she called me saying we won. It felt like watching a tournament game. My heart can’t take those swings anymore.
basically the exact scenario where i was.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I recordered the game and it has been hard to stop it going thru the net. Finally I was able to stop the replay with the ball halfway between the rim and the bottom of the net which looks like another 6 inches to the bottom of the net. The clock behind backboard shows .005. A tenth of a second is not very much, so I think it would have been .004 or .003 when it went through the bottom of the net.

Over .3 to catch and shoot. .3 or less has to be a tip.
I don’t see how you can catch and shoot in .3. Doesn’t seem plausible. I swear it used to be .7. I was reading the rules and seen an officials forum so basically with .4 they have to tip it in. If you catch it with that little time it’s gonna expire. So I belive .7 is about what it takes to catch and go up cleanly to get a look that could beat the buzzer.

Last edited:
My wife does not care about watching games. She goes into the bedroom and closes the door and watches the TV in there while I watch the big screen in the living room. I yell at the ref's calling the game to much for her. :) I let out a yell when Reed hit that game winning shot.
We all need to get together and watch and game lol. Leave the wives at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT