POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can't have a system of government where we ignore law because we don't agree with it
Are you familiar with the Democratic party and their stance on immigration, sanctuary cities, the 2016 POTUS e!ection, and pretty much every election they lost since 2016?

DtNjCSGUUAAGL36.jpg

So if we didn't lead the world, who would since everyone else...at least every developed country has already adopted universal care. That high cost is also bankrupting people and limiting access...until they are critical and then they go to the ER and YOU get to pay for it in the most expensive way possible. I just have to laugh at the idea that you think that you're not already paying for people lifestyle choices.

But on that unhealthy American theme... Canadians have virtually the same diet as Americans yet they have only 2/3rds the obesity. Maybe there is a correlation between access to healthcare and actual health...ya think? We spend over twice as much per capita on healthcare as Canada yet they have better outcomes. $10244 vs $4825.
False on the diet They eat less junk food (mainly because it is very expensive there) they also eat smaller portions and, eat like the French. They take their time and fill up before eating too much.

Last edited:
If requiring voters to prove citizenship is "Illegal" then I guess Kentucky is breaking the law by requiring I show mine? Twice? (At least I had to show mine twice, may have been a mixup in where I was in line or something, but I did nonetheless.)
Not following how requiring proof of citizenship is "Illegal" and still want your explanation on why proving that is wrong in practice or theory.

And I also still am not grasping how requiring an ID is considered "Suppression" you still haven't explained that one either.

Also, many states are required by law (even though most states fail to do it) to purge or clean their voter rolls to ensure voting integrity.

Maybe there's an easier question to ask you...What do you think the voting procedure should be when you go to the polls? From the time you walk in the door to the time you slap your "I voted" sticker on your chest. What should that procedure be that ensures all truly eligible voters get to vote and the potential for fraud and abuse is eliminated?

I don't know what to tell you other than you are having some reading comprehension issues

1. I never said requiring an ID to vote is voter suppression. When KK passed that law in the early 2010s, it had two parts: you needed to show ID when voting and you needed to prove you were an American citizen. KS has voter ID when you go to vote. I show my ID every single time I vote. No issues with this

2. As far as proving citizenship being illegal; IT IS. The courts have ruled on it. It's wrong in practice and theory because as the federal judge stated, KK said there was a problem with illegals voting and therefore it was needed. In court, the state couldn't prove that it was a problem (because it wasn't) and threw it out. "In brief, Judge Robinson found that the defense had presented no credible evidence of the massive problem claimed and instead had erected substantial obstacles to voter registration by people eligible to vote per the National Voter Registration Act and the Fourteenth Amendment."

Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting. ... Voter suppression, instead, attempts to reduce the number of voters who might vote against a candidate or proposition.

If you can't see that the Court ruled this was an example of voter suppression, it is because you don't want to

I don't know what to tell you other than you are having some reading comprehension issues

1. I never said requiring an ID to vote is voter suppression. When KK passed that law in the early 2010s, it had two parts: you needed to show ID when voting and you needed to prove you were an American citizen. KS has voter ID when you go to vote. I show my ID every single time I vote. No issues with this

2. As far as proving citizenship being illegal; IT IS. The courts have ruled on it. It's wrong in practice and theory because as the federal judge stated, KK said there was a problem with illegals voting and therefore it was needed. In court, the state couldn't prove that it was a problem (because it wasn't) and threw it out. "In brief, Judge Robinson found that the defense had presented no credible evidence of the massive problem claimed and instead had erected substantial obstacles to voter registration by people eligible to vote per the National Voter Registration Act and the Fourteenth Amendment."

Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting. ... Voter suppression, instead, attempts to reduce the number of voters who might vote against a candidate or proposition.

If you can't see that the Court ruled this was an example of voter suppression, it is because you don't want to

Ole Bernie was giving a speech today, or this weekend, where he was advocating for "felons" to be able to vote from prison. The left have said they want to lower the voting age to 16. The left have advocated for non citizens to be able to vote in our elections.

The right asks for you to be a citizen and have an I.D. omg that is the most vile racist act of suppression, danger to our democracy ever.

A democracy, mind you, the left want to eliminate as well. Ole the irony in that as well.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Ole Bernie was giving a speech today, or this weekend, where he was advocating for "felons" to be able to vote from prison. The left have said they want to lower the voting age to 16. The left have advocated for non citizens to be able to vote in our elections.

The right asks for you to be a citizen and have an I.D. omg that is the most vile racist act of suppression, danger to our democracy ever.

A democracy, mind you, the left want to eliminate as well. Ole the irony in that as well.
"common sense reform" they all say.

You seem to be the one with reading comprehension. Take away the blinders that have you focused on the one particular instance you keep citing and focus on the issue in general. Myself and others have asked repeatedly how requiring voter ID and proof of citizenship is in any way Suppression. If you don’t think it is, then why do you have a problem requiring it? We want to know who exactly is being suppressed by those requirements and WHY. Speak to those requirements themselves. Not how Kobach was trying to purge the rolls. That is a completely separate issue that right or wrong has been done in lots of places. Speak solely to how the policy of requiring ID and proof of citizenship is Suppression. I don’t need to see your definition of it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
So if we didn't lead the world, who would since everyone else...at least every developed country has already adopted universal care. That high cost is also bankrupting people and limiting access...until they are critical and then they go to the ER and YOU get to pay for it in the most expensive way possible. I just have to laugh at the idea that you think that you're not already paying for people lifestyle choices.

But on that unhealthy American theme... Canadians have virtually the same diet as Americans yet they have only 2/3rds the obesity. Maybe there is a correlation between access to healthcare and actual health...ya think? We spend over twice as much per capita on healthcare as Canada yet they have better outcomes. $10244 vs $4825.
There have been several studies attempting to quantify the impact both health care systems have on health outcomes. As you can imagine, it's pretty much an impossible task because of the complexity of health care systems and what you consider important. Some studies show slightly better outcomes for Canada and some show slightly better outcomes for the USA. The biggest problems with any such measurement is how do you account for lifestyle differences between the two countries and how do you weight each component that you measure. For example, are mortality rates the only thing that matters, or do wait times, etc., also matter. How do you adjust mortality rates for lifestyle differences? It's not as straight forward as you are trying to make it sound. To say that either system is superior based on the studies that have been done so far is to basically spread propaganda because measuring it is not an exact science.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Then why do all of these countries come here for doctorate education and or healthcare they can't get in their countries. Long waiting periods before care is one of many reasons why.
"all these countries"? I didn't know that countries did any of those things.

I guess you didn't realize that every developed nation with medical schools has fairly sizable populations of foreign students.
Why don't you ask Rand Paul why he went to Canada for his hernia surgery?

45,000 Canadians came to the US for healthcare, most all for elective, non-emergency care. You want a breast implant? ... 1.4 million Americans left the US for healthcare.

I guess you didn't realize that every developed nation with medical schools has fairly sizable populations of foreign students.

45,000 Canadians came to the US for healthcare, most all for elective, non-emergency care. You want a breast implant? ... 1.4 million Americans left the US for healthcare.

lol. idiocy

That’s not what elective necessarily means. Much of that is for things like hip replacement, knee replacement, etc. They are elective, but necessary unless you want to live in pain.

There have been several studies attempting to quantify the impact both health care systems have on health outcomes. As you can imagine, it's pretty much an impossible task because of the complexity of health care systems and what you consider important. Some studies show slightly better outcomes for Canada and some show slightly better outcomes for the USA. The biggest problems with any such measurement is how do you account for lifestyle differences between the two countries and how do you weight each component that you measure. For example, are mortality rates the only thing that matters, or do wait times, etc., also matter. How do you adjust mortality rates for lifestyle differences? It's not as straight forward as you are trying to make it sound. To say that either system is superior based on the studies that have been done so far is to basically spread propaganda because measuring it is not an exact science.
But if one system is half the cost of the other and you're quibbling over how to measure because the differences are so slight... doesn't that say that someone is greatly overpaying for what they are getting?

And again I ask...prove that better access to care doesn't translate to better lifestyles. We definitely know that better access leads to better health and better outcomes as disease is found earlier when it is more easily treatable. Instead, we have a good segment of people who only see doctors in emergency rooms because they only go when they have an emergency event or have become critically ill.

But if one system is half the cost of the other and you're quibbling over how to measure because the differences are so slight... doesn't that say that someone is greatly overpaying for what they are getting?

And again I ask...prove that better access to care doesn't translate to better lifestyles. We definitely know that better access leads to better health and better outcomes as disease is found earlier when it is more easily treatable. Instead, we have a good segment of people who only see doctors in emergency rooms because they only go when they have an emergency event or have become critically ill.
Actually,all we know is that theoretically better access could lead to better health, but it is far from fact. That assumes people would see a doctor regularly because it’s free. Cost is not the sole reason people don’t go to the doctor regularly. Many people who have insurance don’t see a doctor regularly. It also assumes people will make lifestyle modifications because a doctor tells them to. There are many examples of that not being the case. You are looking at universal health care as if it were some utopian system of healthcare. It is far from it because people are still people and do things that aren’t in their best interest.

I don’t think cost is as important as whether it fits within our philosophy of individual liberty. I don’t see universal health care as consistent with that philosophy of government.

Better access to care is getting more ppl on private insurance...bc it's better. This "Medicare for all" which is actually Medicaid for all is trash. But to state anyway, Medicare is currently bankrupt and denies more claims than private insurance.

It's hilarious when Bernie claims hes going to get all these 20 million uninsured care, but leaves out hes going to illegally take the private insurance away from 150 million Americans and unemploy 2.5 million Americans. You do realize insurance companies arent some faceless entity..there are real ppl working to provide at them. This isnt even counting the ancillary services.

It's my body my choice....right? Well I want to be able to choose a private health plan that works for me...not some govt dogshit with ppl who have no f'n clue about care dictating what will be paid for and what won't. It's a straight up denial of individual liberty.

Plus, per usual it goes against any basic common sense if economics and will raise the price of care. Afterall..if some sugar daddy is offering free money for my product or service I'll say it costs more than it does. That's why the cost of care has risen to begin with.

I'll never understand why ppl think just bc they dont like the current system..that the only solution is to go to an extreme other version. Theres several possibilities. But govt interference has proved to be the problem, bc it's not based on any study of outcomes but happy thoughts and good intentions...not reality. Also, the same party wanting to move to universal care is the same party we let in charge of healthcare the last time. Is this their way of admitting they failed? And what leads you to believe they know what their doing this time around?

1) you absolutely said it

2) false. They said requiring an id is illegal because it adds a financial requirement to voting.

You can dodge me rebuttals all you want. You're still wrong

How can Democrats talk shit about healthcare when they passed Obamacare? That thing is a travesty and like war is something a principled lefty would oppose. Force every citizen to have insurance, make big insurance bigger and worser. Force insurers to cover preexisting conditions, but if you are uninsured and develop a condition, better hope open enrollment is soon! Keep that doctor you like, get personalized care, be more than an anti malpractice checklist.... Such bullshit. Democrats your ideas suck, Obamacare sucks, sorry you don't get another shot at this. Get out of healthcare please before I get old enough to really need it.

I remember when talking about a new world order was a conspiracy. There are politicians who openly talk about it lol. Not so much of a crazy conspiracy anymore.

It hasn’t been a conspiracy since Bash at the Beach. Bischoff was playing 4D chess long before Trump ever learned to play.

How can Democrats talk shit about healthcare when they passed Obamacare? That thing is a travesty and like war is something a principled lefty would oppose. Force every citizen to have insurance, make big insurance bigger and worser. Force insurers to cover preexisting conditions, but if you are uninsured and develop a condition, better hope open enrollment is soon! Keep that doctor you like, get personalized care, be more than an anti malpractice checklist.... Such bullshit. Democrats your ideas suck, Obamacare sucks, sorry you don't get another shot at this. Get out of healthcare please before I get old enough to really need it.

Did you actually say “worser?” I had to type it 4 times and manually force that through since autocorrect kept fixing it for me.

Reactions: homeytheclown
@fuzz77

@Dionysus444

you oversimplifiy because you have to, to sustain the ideology you can't be bothered to actually think. no, the reason why socialized medicine is idiotic for America isn't solely because of our obesity epidemic, but it is the case that it puts significant strain on any health system and it is absolutely the case that no one, not even the 30 million canadians, eat anywhere near the same crap we do. you guys ever travel anywhere at all? seen anything? hell, even been to Oklahoma?

you live a naive fantasy.

also, if you account for elevated American crime rates and gun violence, opioid and drug deaths and elevated car deaths, you would realise that that capitalist healthcare system actually significantly outperforms the European utopian ones in terms of life expectancy. nevermind your daily McDonalds drive through habit.

if one of you maroons would ever just do your homework, show your work as it were and make a cogent case for your lunacy, then I'll admit I'm wrong and I'll get on board, buy me a che guevara t shirt and stand right next to you. the only thing you show me however is an unwillingness to think.

and it absolutely is the case that many of the world's best doctors come to practice medicine in the US and we lead the world in inovation, why? simply because they can make more money doing so. I'm all for fixing the real problems we have, but you socialist idealists want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, the same way they already did in Europe in the 20th century and can't help themselves to do it all over again as if they didn't learn their lesson, which they didn't.

@fuzz77

@Dionysus444

you oversimplifiy because you have to, to sustain the ideology you can't be bothered to actually think. no, the reason why socialized medicine is idiotic for America isn't solely because of our obesity epidemic, but it is the case that it puts significant strain on any health system and it is absolutely the case that no one, not even the 30 million canadians, eat anywhere near the same crap we do. you guys ever travel anywhere at all? seen anything? hell, even been to Oklahoma?

you live a naive fantasy.

also, if you account for elevated American crime rates and gun violence, opioid and drug deaths and elevated car deaths, you would realise that that capitalist healthcare system actually significantly outperforms the European utopian ones in terms of life expectancy. nevermind your daily McDonalds drive through habit.

if one of you maroons would ever just do your homework, show your work as it were and make a cogent case for your lunacy, then I'll admit I'm wrong and I'll get on board, buy me a che guevara t shirt and stand right next to you. the only thing you show me however is an unwillingness to think.

and it absolutely is the case that many of the world's best doctors come to practice medicine in the US and we lead the world in inovation, why? simply because they can make more money doing so. I'm all for fixing the real problems we have, but you socialist idealists want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, the same way they already did in Europe in the 20th century and can't help themselves to do it all over again as if they didn't learn their lesson, which they didn't.

Cliff notes - Americans are the fattest, laziest, most drug addicted, sedentary pieces of shit on the planet. Single payer healthcare can never work here.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
What is the GDP per capita of Israel compared to the US? Here's a hint...it's about 2/3rds of the US.

It's funny that other countries with even smaller GDP/capita are able to provide their citizens with healthcare.

What is your line of reasoning here? Are you saying that it doesn't scale? Yet China with 1.4 billion can do it... as can Iceland with a population of 338,000.

A lot of literature out there on the financial sustainability of many national health care systems around the globe. Not so hot in a lot of cases.

The U.S. can do national health care, but it's going to take more than I think most really understand.

First, the health care infrastructure would need to be greatly expanded. More doctors, nurses, pharmacists, PAs, etc. That means pushing more people to those fields and probably paying for it, which is a pretty healthy expense.

Secondly, there would have to be a major national budget overhaul across the board. That would mean a lot of cutting of things that many people on both sides of the aisle including those who support national health care, would not like.

Thirdly, the system would have to be more streamlined and cost-effective than what it is today. Technological upgrades and cost-cutting.

Then there would undoubtedly have to be taxes to pay for it, not only on the public but corporate America as well. Especially the companies that make things that directly contribute to poor health. Burger/Coke/Candy/ tax of sorts. I think we all know the fight that would come with that and loss of jobs either as a result of companies paying the tax and tightening the belt elsewhere or just flat out leaving the country. Loopholes and credits would have to go the way of the dodo. A good chunk of the people not paying taxes or receiving more in refunds than they pay would have to at least say goodbye to the refunds, if not pay a little something.

I think there would have to be some sort of co-pay clause about people who do dumb shit and partake in the vices beyond a reasonable limit. Kind of like those pro contracts in which some franchises tell their max players they better not do stupid shit in the offseason.

Basically, you're going to pay more if you get in a wreck after speeding way over the limit. Or maybe you're somebody who went in for a cough and the Doc, fairly early in the process when something could be done before things got expensive, said to quit smoking. However, you didn't listen and 2 years later you have a major problem. Well bud, it's well documented that you were told to quit and the ramifications if you don't. Yeah, that minimal co-pay is now maximal.

Oh, you're obese, okay what's your diet and how active are you...oh you eat unhealthily and don't so much as walk...yeah, you're going to pay for a big chunk of the bills and you are not going to take a spot in a waiting or operating room from somebody who's suffered something through no fault of their own.

Also, Uncle Sam is paying for 2-3 kids max. 4,5, and 6 are on you.

Lastly, immigration would have to be more greatly restricted. The number of undocumented immigrants would have to be greatly decreased. Can't pay for people who are not paying into the system. Nor is it fair that they take up room in doctors offices, hospitals, ERs, etc...

Last edited:
1) you absolutely said it

2) false. They said requiring an id is illegal because it adds a financial requirement to voting.

You can dodge me rebuttals all you want. You're still wrong

Why do I show my ID when I go to vote every time if it is illegal?

Do I need to show photo identification in order to vote?
Yes. When voting in-person, you must show government-issued photo identification. Acceptable forms of documentation include:
  • A driver’s license or identification card issued by Kansas, another state, or an Indian tribe.
  • A concealed carry of handgun or weapon license issued by Kansas or by another state.
  • A United States passport.
  • An employee badge or ID document issued by a city, county, state, or federal government office.
  • A military identification document issued by the United States.
  • A student identification card issued by an accredited postsecondary institution of education in Kansas.
  • A public assistance identification card issued by a city, county, state or federal government office.

Wonder if @fuzz77 is aware of things like this? All these other places cut entitlement or dont hafe it in other areas. And once you give an entitlement it's hard to take it. Of course probably not..these are the same ppl that think hiu can pay for everything with big hearts.

"But Canada's real harshness is directed toward the disabled, against whom it has maintained a de facto ban for decades. It requires all prospective immigrants to submit to a physical and mental health exam — not merely to screen for communicable diseases as in America — but to rule out any expensive conditions that would "excessively strain" the national health system. Canada turns away refugees whose children suffer from ailments such as deafness. Mild intellectual disabilities in any family member can be a disqualifier. Canadian citizens have a hard time even bringing in a foreign spouse who has an expensive condition such as multiple sclerosis."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT