POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess we just disagree. I don't see the point in requiring proof of citizenship in KS when voter fraud (all types) wasn't an issue for years and years. As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't think this is KK's true motive. For years, he went on and on about this problem and would come up with numbers that simply weren't there. When pressed or investigated, he couldn't prove his numbers and would back track. It was a pattern with this guy. So I go back to what is his true motive with trying all of this? Party politics. Most of the people who were put on the lists tended to be young and urban and more likely to vote for a democrat. The dude isn't dumb; look at his education. Just don't see the point in throwing up a law (which was unconstitutional), when there is no need and in the process, take thousands of eligible voters off the rolls and make it more difficult for them to vote.
Why do you constantly say there is no point to ID for voting. Is voting for the President of the United States so trivial that it is that unimportant? You need an ID for most basic needs in this country, why not for something that will have drastic consequences on the entire nation. This does not pass the smell test and reeks of a corrupt way of thinking. Fraudulent voting has been proven and like everything else illegal, law enforcement only scratches the surface on the problem. Voter ID's will make it much less likely to happen just as a wall would slow down illegal immigration. Are you so hateful of this country that you want lawlessness to continue unchecked?

Last edited:
Reactions: duke4life831
Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting.

Taking 30k+ voters off the rolls and requiring them to prove citizenship (which is illegal) is voter suppression. Sorry you cannot see this
Wrong.

Reactions: blubo
Im sorry but the voter suppression thing is honestly one of the most low-key racist talking points I can think of. This idea that requiring IDs to vote would suppress the minority vote is just so racist to me. Do you really think minorities aren't capable of getting IDs? You can't live a functioning life in the US without having an ID. So this idea that minorities don't know how or can't afford an ID is the definition of soft bigotry of low expectations.

All of my schools growing up were all majority Mexican. By the time I was a senior I didn't know a single person that didn't have a drivers license or ID, and we are talking about 17 and 18 year olds. You need an ID to get a job, to buy alcohol or medicine, to get a bank account. To just assume requiring IDs is suppressing the minority vote is just sad.

To me this video shows it best. A bunch of "woke" white people who think they're so anti racist by being an "Ally" and sticking up for minorities. Yet when you listen to them talk, its clear as day how superior they think they are over people with different colored skin.

So in what form will the reparations be distributed? Will there be a white person tax used exclusively for this? Will I have a new line on my paystub called "Reparations Tax" that my fellow African American coworkers won't have? Somebody care to go into more detail on this? I mean, If it's truly "reparations" then only the white folk are truly guilty and thus the ones that have to pay up amiright?

Reactions: screwduke1
Being ruled unconstitutional by a court means it is unconstitutional. So if an acting attorney general of a state is given a court order to do something, and he doesn't follow it because he disagrees, that is okay in your book?

And btw the judge that made the ruling was a Bush appointee: "In brief, Judge Robinson found that the defense had presented no credible evidence of the massive problem claimed and instead had erected substantial obstacles to voter registration by people eligible to vote per the National Voter Registration Act and the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution. She further found defendant Kobach in contempt of court."
Not necessarily if the judge is wrong but, using that logic:

If a law is written to call people criminals who come over to this country without going through the proper channels illegal and therefore breaking the law, shouldn't we hold them for breaking the law or just let them do what they want.

Our household is big into recycling, as is our community. As a nation, we really should explore better methods for waste disposal. Plastics are killing us.

Another thing I've noticed has been a recent collapse in aluminum can prices over the past year. Here in Austin, aluminum can prices declined from 48 cents/lb to 34 cents/lb. I've probably got 30+ lbs in cans sitting around.

A point made in the article was that communities weren't fessing up to what is happening. They are hoping for some future miracle. They don't want people to get out of the habit. They aren't telling their populous that it doesn't matter that they are separating.

Without China, It's all going in the same hole or burned up.

Austin, you might be separating it, but it might not matter.

Austin is weird, right? Maybe they have a sweetheart deal?

In Memphis, they stopped taking recyclables as recyclables from commercial outlets last spring(2018). Residential has been on going and piling up. It's all treated as solid waste now.
https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-st...-recyclables-being-sent-to-the-dump/932101746

But why is that? Banbury explained several years ago companies like Republic Services were able to ship recyclables, clean or dirty to China. Facilities there would repurpose the material.

China began refusing the product in 2016, and now cities like Memphis have nowhere to send their recyclables.

"We're caught between these two challenges. 1: wanting to recycle, wanting to be good green neighbors, but at the same time, not having anyone who will take it,” said Scott Brockman with the Memphis International Airport.

He said they've had a hard time finding a plan b. "Within this community, there are not any vendors that are willing to take it."

As to aluminum cans, my brother and I as kids would get $.60/lb in the early '80s.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Now Guiliani says maybe some people on the campaign colluded but Trump definitely didn't. and he thinks he should be allowed to edit the Mueller report before anybody sees it. How sad do you have to be to hire somebody so clearly brain dead as Ghouliani.

57092788_583936015425931_8295945287474610176_n.jpg

A point made in the article was that communities weren't fessing up to what is happening. They are hoping for some future miracle. They don't want people to get out of the habit. They aren't telling their populous that it doesn't matter that they are separating.

Without China, It's all going in the same hole or burned up.

Austin, you might be separating it, but it might not matter.

Austin is weird, right? Maybe they have a sweetheart deal?

In Memphis, they stopped taking recyclables as recyclables from commercial outlets last spring(2018). Residential has been on going and piling up. It's all treated as solid waste now.
https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-st...-recyclables-being-sent-to-the-dump/932101746

But why is that? Banbury explained several years ago companies like Republic Services were able to ship recyclables, clean or dirty to China. Facilities there would repurpose the material.

China began refusing the product in 2016, and now cities like Memphis have nowhere to send their recyclables.

"We're caught between these two challenges. 1: wanting to recycle, wanting to be good green neighbors, but at the same time, not having anyone who will take it,” said Scott Brockman with the Memphis International Airport.

He said they've had a hard time finding a plan b. "Within this community, there are not any vendors that are willing to take it."

As to aluminum cans, my brother and I as kids would get $.60/lb in the early '80s.
Relatives up in SE KY were getting $.60/lb a few years ago.

Anyways, I hope we aren't separating this stuff in vain. Nationally speaking, we really should devise a solution for all the leftover plastic, especially bottles. The crap is killing us.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
What is your point? Is it this quote from your article?
Lower refunds don't mean Americans paid more taxes—quite the opposite. Most workers paid less in taxes last year and saw higher take-home pay week in and week out. But for many Americans, a slightly higher paycheck doesn't quite have the same visibility as a single $3,000 check in March or April.
Chaff.

You guys with your voter ID racism.

This here is where the real racism is.

As predictable as the sun rising in the east.

Kim Foxx suggests race behind criticism: 'I have been asking myself ... what is this really about'
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/7/kim-foxx-suggests-race-factor-jussie-smollett-crit/
Jussie_Smollett_Prosecutor_98334.jpg-79157_c0-0-3853-2246_s885x516.jpg

“I have been asking myself for the last two weeks what is this really about,” she said. “As someone who has lived in this city, who came up in the projects of this city to serve as the first African American woman in this role, it is disheartening to me … that when we get in these positions somehow the goalposts change.”

Reactions: blubo
Wouldn't that also make the reduction in tax refunds chaff since according to your article most people paid less taxes in 2018? In other words, in case you're confused by my question, if most people paid less taxes in 2018, the refund checks would have gone down by less than what the sum of the monthly pay increases were, giving tax payers a net increase in earnings.

I love it when ppl say "insert other country it's like the left bc insert welfare program"

What's the population of Israel compared to the US? Doesnt Israel outsource most of its military to the US to alleviate that expense that allows to pay for said welfare programs? Hard pills to swallow.
What is the GDP per capita of Israel compared to the US? Here's a hint...it's about 2/3rds of the US.

It's funny that other countries with even smaller GDP/capita are able to provide their citizens with healthcare.

What is your line of reasoning here? Are you saying that it doesn't scale? Yet China with 1.4 billion can do it... as can Iceland with a population of 338,000.

What doesn't scale is diabetes and diet. Noone is as fat as we are except I dunno some genetically disposed Simoans and maybe Mexicans because noone eats like we do... the amount of fast food and the ease of driving everywhere, drive thrus never walking anywhere.. I don't want to pay for your bad lifestyle choices, pay your own damn bills if you insist on daily 60 oz big gulps or you can just move to israel where they don't have them and do us both a favor... could come up with alot of other stuff just like that won't scale.

Then there is the reality that the high cost also provides incentive to come up with new cures for all our health problems we create; would we still lead the world in medical innovation if it wasn't as profitable, probably not.

Reactions: warrior-cat
What doesn't scale is diabetes and diet. Noone is as fat as we are except I dunno some genetically disposed Simoans and maybe Mexicans because noone eats like we do... the amount of fast food and the ease of driving everywhere, drive thrus never walking anywhere.. I don't want to pay for your bad lifestyle choices, pay your own damn bills if you insist on daily 60 oz big gulps or you can just move to israel where they don't have them and do us both a favor... could come up with alot of other stuff just like that won't scale.

Then there is the reality that the high cost also provides incentive to come up with new cures for all our health problems we create; would we still lead the world in medical innovation if it wasn't as profitable, probably not.
Yeah lots of other countries do healthcare just fine, but it obviously can't work here because people are fat. Regular affordable checkups and consultation with professionals about healthy lifestyles wouldn't do anything to help the obesity epidemic. All that fat blocks health education like it blocks insulin production. We can't have healthcare for all because fat people have to suffer to learn their lesson!

What is the GDP per capita of Israel compared to the US? Here's a hint...it's about 2/3rds of the US.

It's funny that other countries with even smaller GDP/capita are able to provide their citizens with healthcare.

What is your line of reasoning here? Are you saying that it doesn't scale? Yet China with 1.4 billion can do it... as can Iceland with a population of 338,000.

You destroyed your own point, and don't even realize it.

What could be the key difference? Hmmm

Agreed rulings do get overturned. But until they do, they have to be followed. KK didn't follow the court order and was held in contempt. It is actually pretty simple. We can't have a system of government where we ignore law because we don't agree with it
Then why is the left ignoring people breaking the law by sneaking in to this country illegally. If you are going to uphold the law, there should be no exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: P19978

So if we didn't lead the world, who would since everyone else...at least every developed country has already adopted universal care. That high cost is also bankrupting people and limiting access...until they are critical and then they go to the ER and YOU get to pay for it in the most expensive way possible. I just have to laugh at the idea that you think that you're not already paying for people lifestyle choices.

But on that unhealthy American theme... Canadians have virtually the same diet as Americans yet they have only 2/3rds the obesity. Maybe there is a correlation between access to healthcare and actual health...ya think? We spend over twice as much per capita on healthcare as Canada yet they have better outcomes. $10244 vs $4825.

I don't think healthcare is a right, it is a service provided by other individuals. But even though I am against major spending I will be willing to cave on government healthcare under certain circumstances.

1st. Individuals could still purchase higher end private healthcare for themselves
2nd. Deport all illegals and build the wall and fix the asylum laws
3rd. Cut the 50+ billion we spend on foreign aid.
4th. Cut other bleeding government programs like the USPS and many other pointless spending.
5th. Government healthcare only covers minors and individuals that are working and paying taxes. If you are a grown ass adult and you aren't providing anything for this country. Well I will just quote the great Democrat hero JFK, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Don't expect the country to do anything for you if you aren't doing anything for it.

I understand with all of that, it still won't come close to financing government healthcare. But Im willing to compromise if we can get some of these other things fixed that are so out of wack.

Uh-oh. Former Sen Bob Kerrey(D) has been compromised.

Bob Kerrey: How did Department of Justice get the Trump-Russia investigation so wrong?
https://www.omaha.com/opinion/midla...cle_7b68c700-f356-5cb8-8baf-bbbdc5375bf4.html
5c9d2665f1be2.image.jpg

Most often delusions are harmless. Sometimes they are not.

At the moment my fellow Democrats are suffering from two that are harmful. The first is that Americans long for a president who will ask us to pay more for the pleasure of increasing the role of the federal government in our lives. That this is a delusion can be seen in the promises made by six successful Democratic candidates in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan: three governors and three senators. Not one of them supported the Green New Deal, a tax on wealth or “Medicare for all.”

The second Democratic delusion is that Americans were robbed of the truth when Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller and Attorney General William Barr concluded that President Trump did not collude with Russia in 2016. All evidence indicates that the full report will not change the conclusion that Donald J. Trump did not collude with Vladimir Putin to secure his victory in 2016.

Rather than investigating the president further, Congress needs to investigate how the Department of Justice got this one so wrong. If the president of the United States is vulnerable to prosecutorial abuse, then God help all the rest of us. Members of Congress cannot do this themselves. We do not trust them enough with such a vital mission.

Then why is the left ignoring people breaking the law by sneaking in to this country illegally. If you are going to uphold the law, there should be know exceptions.

I don't disagree. I don't think we can pick and choose the laws we want to follow and don't want to follow whether it is KK's unconstitutional law, gun laws or undocumented immigrants coming in

Yeah lots of other countries do healthcare just fine, but it obviously can't work here because people are fat. Regular affordable checkups and consultation with professionals about healthy lifestyles wouldn't do anything to help the obesity epidemic. All that fat blocks health education like it blocks insulin production. We can't have healthcare for all because fat people have to suffer to learn their lesson!
Then why do all of these countries come here for doctorate education and or healthcare they can't get in their countries. Long waiting periods before care is one of many reasons why.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT