POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a free ****ing country (for now at least). He can hold a rally anytime, anywhere he wants as long as people are willing to come. Millions of people recognize that the 2020 election was indeed stolen. The capitol being raided had nothing to do with Trump and his speech. He offered up to have the national guard there for extra protection which pelosi declined. WTF would he offer that protection if he was looking for an insurrection or unrest of any kind. The crowd was lead on that day by bad actors pretending to be in trumps camp to get the pot boiling and even then very few of actual Trump supporters actually did anything other than walk through the capital as if it was a guided tour.
Ya never answered the question. Why??? Why hold an enormous rally in THAT location on THAT day?? Why tell thousands of people the election was stolen from them....their vote didn't count.....You gotta FIGHT for your country?
The POS knew exactly what he was doing. He also took no action to stop it for hours. It went just like he knew it would.
Anyone with a brain knows the answer and we watched it all go down on Jan 6th.

You are right. But ask why that is?? When I started teaching in the 80s a teacher made about 3 times what a fast food worker makes. Now it is close to the same... Even less if they deliver and make tips.
When I started teaching I had a pension that motivated me to stay in the career.
The pension is gone now. Not only is the new pension crap, you can't get full SS benefits or any SS survivor benefits even if you paid into all your quarters.
The public, politicians and media have demonized teachers. The kids see and hear it every day. They have ZERO respect for their teachers now. Used to be you could count on the conservative parents to have respectful kids. Not anymore. The kids see and hear Fox News/ Right wing radio and their parents bashing away at teachers. They no longer respect their teachers and mind them like they used to. Fewer and fewer want the job any more.
Ky is lowering the teacher standards and it is going to get worse. I feel sorry for the kids.
Red states are the worst places now to be a teacher.
You reap what you sow...
That is your story. Similar to what I hear, but not exactly the same story that friends and relatives who are teachers tell.

JCPS is located in a county that is as blue at it gets. It is a complete disaster beginning with getting the very basic task of getting the children to school.

Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is a public school district located in Jefferson County, Kentucky, and operating all but one of the public schools in the county. It is governed by an elected seven-member Board of Education, which selects and hires a superintendent, who serves as the system's chief executive.

JCPS operates 167[1] schools with 96,000 students,[2] making it the 29th-largest school district in the United States. In 2020–21 the system had a $1.8 billion budget[3] and more than 18,000 employees. With a fleet of more than 1,500 vehicles, it operates one of the 10 largest transportation systems in the nation.[citation needed] Jefferson County's total population stands at approximately 760,000 — by far the largest in Kentucky.

That is your story. Similar to what I hear, but not exactly the same story that friends and relatives who are teachers tell.

JCPS is located in a county that is as blue at it gets. It is a complete disaster beginning with getting the very basic task of getting the children to school.

Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is a public school district located in Jefferson County, Kentucky, and operating all but one of the public schools in the county. It is governed by an elected seven-member Board of Education, which selects and hires a superintendent, who serves as the system's chief executive.

JCPS operates 167[1] schools with 96,000 students,[2] making it the 29th-largest school district in the United States. In 2020–21 the system had a $1.8 billion budget[3] and more than 18,000 employees. With a fleet of more than 1,500 vehicles, it operates one of the 10 largest transportation systems in the nation.[citation needed] Jefferson County's total population stands at approximately 760,000 — by far the largest in Kentucky.
You are spot on about Jeff Co. I have known people over the years that work there.
Pay is not the issue there. Discipline is by far the biggest issue there. The far left education/discipline policies, fear of lawsuits, gangs, poverty, lack of respect for education, large district size, and culture of the clientele is why it is such a mess.
Sadly, between the stupid liberal education policies in big cities and the stupid conservative policies from the state Republicans.... The entire public school system in Ky is declining rapidly.
Like I've said before....the far left has made being a cop impossible in big cities and the far right is making being a teacher impossible in the rural counties.

Reactions: Blue-ish
You are spot on about Jeff Co. I have known people over the years that work there.
Pay is not the issue there. Discipline is by far the biggest issue there. The far left education/discipline policies, fear of lawsuits, gangs, poverty, lack of respect for education, large district size, and culture of the clientele is why it is such a mess.
Sadly, between the stupid liberal education policies in big cities and the stupid conservative policies from the state Republicans.... The entire public school system in Ky is declining rapidly.
Like I've said before....the far left has made being a cop impossible in big cities and the far right is making being a teacher impossible in the rural counties.
It appears we agree on many points. I don't have the experience or exposure to discuss teaching in rural counties. I will defer to you on that point.

Reactions: sambowieshin
a) everywhere charter schools have been tried they haven't delivered
b) it's an effort to destroy public education

But other than that ...
Public education is destroying itself with all the fluff they add to the curriculum. I was at a middle school when I retired in 2017. The district was pushing a curriculum titled, The Leader in Me. I think they spent about 6 years on it for about 30 minutes a day plus incorporating the 10 steps in all classes. The person who came up with it, made a ton of money.

Public education is destroying itself with all the fluff they add to the curriculum. I was at a middle school when I retired in 2017. The district was pushing a curriculum titled, The Leader in Me. I think they spent about 6 years on it for about 30 minutes a day plus incorporating the 10 steps in all classes. The person who came up with it, made a ton of money.
Don't agree often but you are right about that. Stupid programs and testing pushed by local Boards of Education as well as state legislators.... All getting kick backs.
Go back to ONE National test that every student in the state takes (CTBS or similar) that is low cost and gives teachers/parents an idea of where their kid stacks up against the country. The current testing system is a F'ing joke that tells you nothing. It is not a national test and only compares you to Ky kids. Who knows how it scores kids. The only one worth a damn is the ACT.
Doing that, raising pay and allowing schools to kick kids out that are consistent discipline problems would turn the schools around much quicker than any stupid program ever invented.
Teach the three R's, put discipline back in schools, empower the teachers and get the politicians out of the education business and most issues would resolve quickly.

At what point in America, do we throw DEI and Affirmative Action out the window? Whitey will be a minority in 20 more years.

I only ask, because we all know thats exactly how Kamala got her position as Vice-President. Its not racist, Biden said it himself when looking for a running mate "my choice will be a woman and she has to be black". Also, isn't that racist AND sexist?

Hearings ran by the democrats? The same group of democrats that impeached him twice over BS. The same group of democrats that unleashed a deadly virus on its own people just so they can usher in mass mail in voting so they could control the upcoming election? Yeah forgive me if I don’t give a flying fart what that J6 committee came up with.
The J6 Hearings have proven to be a partisan farce. you can slap the resident libs on here in the face with all the facts in the world and they will hold steady to their narratives like good little sheep.

Sam and the like think the Democrat Politicians and media can do no wrong, that they are the bastions of honesty and righteousness. That the information they put out is to be 100% trusted and that they are the arbiters of what's right and wrong, truth or fiction and that they should be able to silence dissent.

Yes they do. Government policy and regulations are what's responsible for all of what little wealth distribution we have now. For most of history the elites had everything and everyone else had nothing. From the Magna Carta to the Bill of Rights, laws change that dynamic and allow more to thrive. We went through our own arc on this with the Gilded Age and laissez-faire capitalism. Overregulation is obviously a problem, reform is always needed. But the fundamental dynamic is well established.
GUv-CHFaYAAwG55

There's a reason the only public school not Operated by JCPS happens to be the school in Anchorage. Pretty sure that wealthy community wants nothing to do with JCPS.

Over 150 different protesting outfits have registered to protest outside the DNC next week. It will be an utter spectacle and you'd think it would go off the rails.

That convention could sink he campaign.
Folks need to leave Hamas Harris and Tampon Tim alone.

They're perfect.

Except for Biden, I can't think of any Dems better positioned to help the Repubs win in November.

Reactions: Blue-ish
Trump doing pretty good taking government spending an inflation with Elon, talking about eliminating the department of education…

then goes in on not getting the credit he deserves for his Covid response.

Needs to never speak about Covid again. He was terrible.

No, he can discuss it, but he should focus on the Biden administration response as opposed to his.

Mask and Vax mandates, etc. None of that shit was Trump. He needs to bright line that fact.

At what point in America, do we throw DEI and Affirmative Action out the window? Whitey will be a minority in 20 more years.

I only ask, because we all know thats exactly how Kamala got her position as Vice-President. Its not racist, Biden said it himself when looking for a running mate "my choice will be a woman and she has to be black". Also, isn't that racist AND sexist?
Why have Republicans NEVER one time nominated a black, Hispanic or Asian person for President or VP?
Isn't that racist??

Why have Republicans NEVER one time nominated a black, Hispanic or Asian person for President or VP?
Isn't that racist??
They tried, the minority lost in the polls.

But they've never come out and said "im only taking a white man as a running mate". How would that be handled if he/she did?

If you need heart surgery, make sure you only ask for a black female. Dont ask for the most experienced or educated, just ask for what type of color and sex you want.....just like your leader did with the country.

Isn't that racist??
Pretty hard to do when by far most of them have been Dims all their lives. Seems it's changing. Has any Dim candidate been married to an Asian ancestry person? Why not?

They tried, the minority lost in the polls.

But they've never come out and said "im only taking a white man as a running mate". How would that be handled if he/she did?

If you need heart surgery, make sure you only ask for a black female. Dont ask for the most experienced or educated, just ask for what type of color and sex you want.....just like your leader did with the country.
So when you say you are going to pick a person of color and do it, that is wrong....
But when you NEVER say you are going to pick a person of color and then ALWAYS pick a white person, that is ok....
Gotcha. Perfect example of why DEI is still necessary in America.

So why are the local news stations, national media stations that had reporters there...as well as private citizens all saying that the crowds were as shown?
Please cite a reputable source other than Trump who has verified your AI BS.

How about you.find one live shot filmed on a spectator.phone, and not from the Harris campaign?

Do that, Village Idiot, and put the issue to bed.

Should be pretty simple. Since the claim has been made, amd the pic in question shows hundreds of cell raised in the air. Seems some of those Harris supporters would have by now, posted evidence refuting the claim.

Why haven't they?

Isn't that racist??

Explained this to you already. Every time a Republican POC starts gaining momentum and popularity, the left aggressively tears them down with racists attacks (Uncle Tom, Black White Supremacist, Sell-out, Prop, etc) to the point that even their own communities start to reject them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT