POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is so much just wrong, unjust and I would venture to guess unconstitutional, with everything mentioned in that article.

"In his sentencing memo, Biden-Harris U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves opined that because Lavrenz had pointed out the political persecution of J6ers, she should be considered “unrepentant” in her “promotion of the riot.” That, Graves laughably claims, “is powerful evidence that she continues to pose a threat to future acts of political violence.”
"unrepentant" meaning what? that she refused to be "reeducated"?

"Faruqui also ordered Lavrenz to submit to government monitoring software on her computer and mobile phone, further limiting her digital freedom. Additionally, she will not be allowed to meet with her Congressman or Senator at the Capitol without the permission of her Probation Officer, adding another layer of restriction to her sentence."
No violation of her 1A rights there at all. She shouldn't need permission to meet with her Representatives.

"Judge Faruqui is also believed to have remarked, “You went in to try to find Congresspeople to find them and confront them. That’s unacceptable. You can’t do that. Nobody can do that. The way to do that is through our legal system. To go to court.”"
Uhhh, Seriously? then why hasn't this very same sentence and fine been levied against ANY of the Pro-Palestinian Protestors and any other Liberal protest group that has entered the Capitol Building or camped out in various representatives offices?

"The judge’s comments also extended to the financial support Lavrenz received for her legal defense, which he ordered to be confiscated. He claimed the funds were inappropriately raised, stating, “There is a wellspring of money that you have that I don’t believe is appropriate for you to have.”"

That sounds wholly unconstitutional right there.
This is so blatantly unconstitutional which is par for the course with the left today.

a) everywhere charter schools have been tried they haven't delivered
b) it's an effort to destroy public education

But other than that ...
Absolutely false on both counts. My son graduated from Signature School in Evansville in 2021. Signature is a charter school and is one of the top high schools in the country. There are other high-performing charter schools around the country. It takes vision and commitment to become a high-performing academic school but it can be done.

As to your second point, significant portions of the public school system put out a shitty product. Maybe if they would focus on academics and not on pronouns and other DEI / LGBTQWERTY bullshit, there wouldn't be a need for charter schools.

Think I mentioned on here back in '21 that a guy I know (has done about 4 roofing jobs for us) was there. Several months later he was arrested, though they didn't physically come to his house. FBI office in Cincy called him....asked a bunch of questions....he had to turn over his cell phone (that he did all his business on, customer numbers, etc...fairly large roofing company). Had to do a virtual 'trial' with a judge in D.C. Can't remember now if he got fined but I do remember him telling me that the judge said he wasn't allowed within the city limits of D.C.
Like 99.9% of them, all he did was walk thru the Capitol for about 5 minutes and take pictures.

He thought at the time that a liberal family member turned him in because he posted some of the pics on his Facebook page. I wonder now if he may have been tracked by cell pings like so many others. In retrospect...he seems to have gotten off light. This was about April/May of '21....maybe before the gov't decided to break down doors, and throw people in prison.
I was on conservative and TheDonald message boards when supporters were discussing going there and I knew it was a bad idea. I knew how it would be painted just like how Charlottesville Police intentionally put the Antifa and statue supporters together. They wanted a reaction and instigated it and were ready with the film crews.

The GOP couldn't wait to virtue signal and condemn. Then we got gaslit for another three years by these scum who didn't bat an eye at their crazies burning down cities and storming buildings. This is why I detest the GOP politicians. Cowards. Always on defense.

This is how it always is. The money always comes from New York and California. In Kentucky during Amy McGrath's campaign, 97% came from outside of the state with the largest concentration of donations coming from metropolitan New York, Los Angeles, Washington, Boston, and San Francisco. In 2017 when Doug Jones was going against Roy Moore, only six percent of Jones' money came from within Alabama.

To me, that's ridiculous that outside money is allowed in state campaigns but with ActBlue being outted, they're going to cook the books regardless.

Absolutely false on both counts. My son graduated from Signature School in Evansville in 2021. Signature is a charter school and is one of the top high schools in the country. There are other high-performing charter schools around the country. It takes vision and commitment to become a high-performing academic school but it can be done.

As to your second point, significant portions of the public school system put out a shitty product. Maybe if they would focus on academics and not on pronouns and other DEI / LGBTQWERTY bullshit, there wouldn't be a need for charter schools.

I see you have a deep understanding of the daily life in our public schools.

American public schools in even modest middle class districts are the best public schools in the world. American public schools in our blighted areas are expected to solve the systemic problems in the country. Our daughter has worked consistently in the some of the poorest districts in the state. And the support they get is not the support you imagine them getting.

Your comment on focusing on pronouns is so fatuous that I'm surprised you made it.

Schumer and the Turtle can both eat a bag of dicks. If you’re just going to keep posting memes all day and shrinking from any substantive conversation you can join them.
GU3TCMFWYAArE6r

I have a wife and daughter in education. Despite teaching in 2 different states the one thing they have in common is they can't focus on teaching and educating kids due to the time they have to spend on red tape bureaucracy bull crap. Just like health care, banking and everything else, the federal and state governments want to try to control and micro manage everything and it leads to so much extra stuff that folks can't hardly do the jobs they are supposed to do.

There were hearings into the events surrounding Jan 6. We heard the testimony into Trump's plan to overthrow the election. We heard how his own staff told him there was no evidence to support the claims he was making. We heard how John Eastman, the architect of the disruption plan, knew that it was illegal. And said so. The president does NOT have an official role in overturning elections. He went to the electorate who gave Biden a 7,000,000 vote margin. He went to the courts and was rebuffed. There ended his legitimate means to stay in office. He used his office for political ends. Worse, they were ends to create a constitutional crisis.
Hearings ran by the democrats? The same group of democrats that impeached him twice over BS. The same group of democrats that unleashed a deadly virus on its own people just so they can usher in mass mail in voting so they could control the upcoming election? Yeah forgive me if I don’t give a flying fart what that J6 committee came up with.

So why are the local news stations, national media stations that had reporters there...as well as private citizens all saying that the crowds were as shown?
Please cite a reputable source other than Trump who has verified your AI BS.

Loki’s like you may technically be right this one time. It was heavily edited but not AI generated.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Hearings ran by the democrats? The same group of democrats that impeached him twice over BS. The same group of democrats that unleashed a deadly virus on its own people just so they can usher in mass mail in voting so they could control the upcoming election? Yeah forgive me if I don’t give a flying fart what that J6 committee came up with.
The testimony wasn't by Democrats, chum.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Trump is Trump. He’s an 80 year old man. Has had a very successful business and television career. Beat Hilary Clinton. Beat Joe Biden (aside from fraud).

He’s not changing at this point.

And why would he? He’s been pretty damn successful being the Trump brand. In his mind he won in 2016 and 2020 being himself.

He’s not going to tone it down, he’s not going to stop criticizing Raffensberger and Kemp for their treason, he’s not going to stop talking about his Covid “accomplishments”, etc.

Vance, Vivek and crew just need to find a way to make it work.

Trump is the enigmatic founder of the MAGA startup. Sometimes, from the outside, success looks like it’s in spite of rather than because of.

Sure I wish he could improve on some things, but that’s not who he is. Steve Jobs had his quirks, etc. etc. Just shit you have to deal with, and the media is going to frame Trump in the worst way no matter what he does.
Then expect him to lose griping about non-2024 issues vs. focusing on winning. It's not up to anyone but him to win. Don't begin to fault Vance or Vivek if he loses - but MAGA will, blaming anyone but Trump & themselves for sticking with him only.

He is promoting school choice as well. Probably needs to lead with that. I can't for the life of me figure out how even the most die-hard leftists would have an issue with a school choice policy, but here we are.
KY has a school choice amendment on the ballot, and next to no one else here talks about it. Let Trump bring it up though & oh, it's a big deal. LOL. And sad to boot.

“Most secure election in history!”

If each ballot is paper has a unique bar code, then it can't be counted more than once & if someone still suspects that is happening, the ballots can be recounted by hand or machine. Non-paper ballot machines are another matter. Ballot harvesting is another matter than has nothing to do with machines.

Public education is one of the main reasons this country is as great as it is. It is the great equalizer. Ask JD Vance about what education did for him. Without public education he would probably be sniffing glue in a Ky holler today.
Republicans want everyone uneducated and ignorant. Just need mindless workers for their fields and factories that don't ask questions.
Are schools perfect? No...but nothing is.
You are completely ignorant of what public education has done for America.
The public schools of 50 years ago when JDV attended were much better than the current mess.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
Overwhelming majority (if not all) voting machines in the US are not connected to the broader internet. Most are fairly dumb machines that count and audit. That's it.

Trump just used that shit as an excuse because he lost. Let's stop bullshitting.

A friend spoke to 3 different former Irish nationals now living in the states. All are upset at what's happening to their home country, but love being citizens here. 2 ARE worried that this country is going the same direction.

A third is liberal and from Dublin, which they said is becoming a shthole, and spends less and less of their time there when they visit. The family sold the properties they owned there because of it.
Let KH win & see what they think of living here.

The public schools of 50 years ago when JDV attended were much better than the current mess.
You are right. But ask why that is?? When I started teaching in the 80s a teacher made about 3 times what a fast food worker makes. Now it is close to the same... Even less if they deliver and make tips.
When I started teaching I had a pension that motivated me to stay in the career.
The pension is gone now. Not only is the new pension crap, you can't get full SS benefits or any SS survivor benefits even if you paid into all your quarters.
The public, politicians and media have demonized teachers. The kids see and hear it every day. They have ZERO respect for their teachers now. Used to be you could count on the conservative parents to have respectful kids. Not anymore. The kids see and hear Fox News/ Right wing radio and their parents bashing away at teachers. They no longer respect their teachers and mind them like they used to. Fewer and fewer want the job any more.
Ky is lowering the teacher standards and it is going to get worse. I feel sorry for the kids.
Red states are the worst places now to be a teacher.
You reap what you sow...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT