How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dion (sigh...)

If you believe there is no Creator, then, as I said; you HAVE to believe in abiogenesis. It's not optional. It is your default position.

So you DO believe in SOMETHING. And further, you believe in something that has no proof to back it up.

There is a word for that. LOL

IOW - logically speaking, you're screwed. No amount of wriggling can get you out of THAT trap.

I have no doubt that you'll TRY, but it's impossible LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: trueblujr2
Dion (sigh...)

If you believe there is no Creator, then, as I said; you HAVE to believe in abiogenesis. It's not optional. It is your default position.

So you DO believe in SOMETHING. And further, you believe in something that has no proof to back it up.

There is a word for that. LOL

IOW - logically speaking, you're screwed. No amount of wriggling can get you out of THAT trap.

I have no doubt that you'll TRY, but it's impossible LOL.
No. There's a difference between faith and not having it. Religion claims to have an absolute, firm, right answer. Nonreligion(science) does not. That is inherently different. I don't "believe" in abiogenesis, it's currently the most likely answer. Faith instructs as its core tenet to believe despite any lack of evidence or evidence to the contrary. Science says to reform your previously held position when presented with that evidence. They are fundamentally different(and arguably oppositional).

What makes it the most likely? LOL

If you don't believe that an external force created life in the universe, then you HAVE to believe that it arose spontaneously. LOL It's a binary proposition.

And there is no evidence to back up the theory that life spawned out of nothing, through chance. So you believe in something without any evidence to support it. That is faith. Faith isn't inherently religious my man. LOL

You're a silly self denier.

There is no point in continuing the debate. You're a man of faith. PERIOD.

(you'll note that I have not brought religion up in this debate.)

Last edited:
I don't even know what you're/we're arguing at this point. Christianity is not the source of morality. There were literal ages of human tradition before it. Cain and Abel didn't exist. I already addressed the idea of God creating us.

Those things being "evil" did NOT originate with that tradition. People had thought of killing or stealing from their neighbor as bad for literally hundreds of thousands of years before your Abrahamic God.

Yes those things did exist beforehand. I’m giving you the earliest record of it with Cain as well as how it broke the same law reiterated throughout the Pentateuch. Youre simply dismissing it because you don’t like the source material.

What authority deemed murder a bad thing in these ancient societies you speak of? They just decided it one day on their own? If it’s just a “trust me bro” then that takes more faith to believe imo than centuries old universally accepted transcripts.

That argument is just God created the world, so he gave it to us that way. Which is just taking credit for man's accomplishments. No, humans created our morals through generations of society. Whether God initially created the universe we inhabit or not is irrelevant to the fact that we created culture and society. So we don't even have to get into the 'who created it all' question as it's a moot point.

Dion, below is an amusing quote from Young Sheldon while the little turd was arguing against the existence of God. I am enjoying reading the discussion from both sides. Peace.

“The burden of proof isn't on me. If I said there was an invisible monkey in the room with us, you shouldn't believe me just because you can't prove me wrong.”

What makes it the most likely? LOL

If you don't believe that an external force created life in the universe, then you HAVE to believe that it arose spontaneously. LOL It's a binary proposition.

And there is no evidence to back up the theory that life spawned out of nothing, through chance. So you believe in something without any evidence to support it. That is faith. Faith isn't inherently religious my man. LOL

You're a silly self denier.

There is no point in continuing the debate. You're a man of faith. PERIOD.

(you'll note that I have not brought religion up in this debate.)
What you're not getting is that I don't "believe" either option in the same way religion instructs. I do not have faith in abiogenesis. If a creator God revealed himself to me right now I would accept that as the truth of the universe. I wouldn't say, "Nope, I have faith in abiogenesis and my faith instructs me it's a virtue to believe, no matter what I see or hear."

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Yes those things did exist beforehand. I’m giving you the earliest record of it with Cain as well as how it broke the same law reiterated throughout the Pentateuch. Youre simply dismissing it because you don’t like the source material.

What authority deemed murder a bad thing in these ancient societies you speak of? They just decided it one day on their own? If it’s just a “trust me bro” then that takes more faith to believe imo than centuries old universally accepted transcripts.
No authority. Humanity evolved to that as a social species. Tigers are solitary. They compete with and kill other individuals. Lions are social. They cooperate with other individuals to form a group that then outcompetes individuals and competes with and kills other groups. They're both big cats. What you know as 'morality' is a social construct that arose from our evolutionary conditions. Group dynamics. Throughout your Christian history was the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' really seen as strictly moral? No, of course not. It was immensely immoral to kill you neighbor! But it was the epitome of righteousness and virtue to kill one's foes in battle. Morality is societal, and religion just piggybacks onto that as a social institution.

Last edited:
Google.com. prayer in school was before scotus a few times iirc.
You said these two things:
No. It means atheists argued a position only protected by those of a religion. So courts essentially legally made atheism it's own religion to reach the conclusion they want.
One of the dumber decisions I can remember is when scotus decided atheists were on the same level as religious, which is completely illogical.
So I was asking which cases you were referring to that created these supposed states and what you meant by them and what you think was wrong in the ruling. Of course atheists are on the same level as the religious, there is no higher state solely religious people get to exist in. Having no religion is just as protected by the First as any of the existing ones.

What you're not getting is that I don't "believe" either option in the same way religion instructs. I do not have faith in abiogenesis. If a creator God revealed himself to me right now I would accept that as the truth of the universe. I wouldn't say, "Nope, I have faith in abiogenesis and my faith instructs me it's a virtue to believe, no matter what I see or hear."
Oh, I understand the WORDS that you're typing, they just don't make any logical sense. LOL

LIke I said, even if you refuse to acknowledge it, you DO believe in one or the other. Your denial of one, axiomatically makes you a believer in the other. LOL It's not up to you. It's up to logic.

(I didn't say anything about God.)

I believe this has run it's course.

Dion, below is an amusing quote from Young Sheldon while the little turd was arguing against the existence of God. I am enjoying reading the discussion from both sides. Peace.

“The burden of proof isn't on me. If I said there was an invisible monkey in the room with us, you shouldn't believe me just because you can't prove me wrong.”
This is known as Russell's teapot. Applaud Young Sheldon for the reference, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Trump doing rallies in the Bronx and in NY is probably one of the smartest political strategies I've seen from a Republican politician in years. Its probably a stretch to say he will win New York...but he will almost definitely get some votes for doing the rallies there. If New York is even somewhat competitive for Trump...Biden gets absolutely smoked (obviously this is without saying the cheat job they will do and try)

Trump doing rallies in the Bronx and in NY is probably one of the smartest political strategies I've seen from a Republican politician in years. Its probably a stretch to say he will win New York...but he will almost definitely get some votes for doing the rallies there. If New York is even somewhat competitive for Trump...Biden gets absolutely smoked (obviously this is without saying the cheat job they will do and try)

Really is amazing the unity he inspires.

If we could just get rid of TDS and its puppet masters.

Oh, I understand the WORDS that you're typing, they just don't make any logical sense. LOL

LIke I said, even if you refuse to acknowledge it, you DO believe in one or the other. Your denial of one, axiomatically makes you a believer in the other. LOL It's not up to you. It's up to logic.

(I didn't say anything about God.)
As the end lesson of Dogma would say:

Rufus: Are you saying you believe?

Bethany: No. But I have a good idea.

You said these two things:

So I was asking which cases you were referring to that created these supposed states and what you meant by them and what you think was wrong in the ruling. Of course atheists are on the same level as the religious, there is no higher state solely religious people get to exist in. Having no religion is just as protected by the First as any of the existing ones.

I don't recall by memory every case name. I also don't care enough about it to look it up.

Completely wrong on 3 key issues.
#1...Ukraine has EVERYTHING to do with oil prices. The US has an ongoing oil embargo on Russian oil as do some of our allies. Less oil on the free market means less supply which raises prices.

#2....The US is producing more oil under Joe Biden than any President in US history, including Trump.

#3....Trump is directly responsible for 2 of the 3 Covid stimulus bills passed by Congress.

As always....Facts not memes.
Its the 3rd that fueled inflation AND the inflation reductuon act and writing off tuition debts and other spending. Not debatable.

No authority. Humanity evolved to that as a social species. Tigers are solitary. They compete and kill other individuals. Lions are social. They cooperate with other individuals to form a group that then outcompetes individuals and competes with and kills other groups. What you know as 'morality' is a social construct that arose from our evolutionary conditions. Throughout your Christian history was the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' really seen as strictly moral? No, of course not. It was immensely immoral to kill you neighbor! But it was the epitome of righteousness and virtue to kill own's foes in battle. Morality is societal, and religion just piggybacks onto that as a social institution.

Lions, Tigers, and Bears…oh my!

So some us of are Tigers and some are Lions? Or are you saying we are all Lions?

By your reasoning, we should have evolved to be a murderless society at this point.

The US has an ongoing oil embargo on Russian oil as do some of our allies. Less oil on the free market means less supply which raises prices.

Are you slow?

Russia is producing more crude now than before the war. They are at 93% of their 2017 high.

The 2020 covid dip affected them way worse than this war.

Edit:

They predict Russia to be at preCovid levels at the end of this quarter and at all time highs Q1 2025.

Sammy's sanctions really goteeem.

Last edited:

So some us of are Tigers and some are Lions? Or are you saying we are all Lions?

By your reasoning, we should have evolved to be a murderless society at this point.
We're a social species, like lions. As opposed to tigers.

Of course there's still murder, we're still reproductive individuals. Not eusocial like ants or bees. We evolved to small tribal groups, not relinquishing our individual autonomy.

And it isn't my reasoning, it's evolutionary/historical fact.

I believe that you believe that. But here's the thing...you never point out the stupidity from the left. You consistently point out the "stupidity" on the right.
Enough people here point out the left's stupidity. More by me would be a waste of all of our time. I've had Dion & Levi on ignore for years. I rarely read sam's stuff & respond once every 1-2 months. Who cares?

Of course I point out the stupidity of the right & MAGA. I want it to do/be better.

iu

People are always going to vote (if they have one) according to their moral compass. Doing so has nothing to do with separation of church and state.

I'm for removing all religion from schools (as well as anything else EXCEPT for the classical academic areas)

My reason for doing so is because it is all distracting from the actual job at hand.
Thought experiment: we have tried that and things have gone to shit. How about we give equal time to the major religions, like we give time to "marxists, global warming alarmists, trans activists, etc."?

And teach it honestly, not trying to "convert", but to "inform".

Are you slow?

Russia is producing more crude now than before the war. They are at 93% of their 2017 high.

The 2020 covid dip affected them way worse than this war.

Good Lord you are clueless.
Doesn't matter how much oil Russia is producing if none of it is available for consumption by the US and Europe.

Was thinking about this today ... Dion is opposed to men's sports and women's sports because we're all the same, right. Well, since he believes we are all animals, no different, no better than other animals, then why does he discriminate against horses running in track events? Because he is a bigot!! LOL

That is representative of the logical conclusion to his arguments...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT