POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Door swings both ways on this. How much more intrusive can the government get than imposing it's control over your own personal body???
That is the height of government overreach when they can seize control over your bodily autonomy.
Many on the right are AOK with that.

Like covid vaccines, that you pushed for.mandates for? That sort of bodily autonomy you.prattle on about?

Stop it. Why be so stupid? It doesnt give you an ounce of credibility to gaslight.

From your own far leftist Yahoo link....not the first time you've done this....

During the first three years of Donald Trump’s presidency, the economy did quite well. The unemployment rate hit a 50-year low, income growth doubled, and the economic expansion he inherited grew into the longest in American history.

But that all came to a shrieking halt when COVID-19 hit.

So Trump gets a pass for world events beyond his control but Biden doesn't?

Covid also impacted inflation under Biden due to excess government covid stimulus money, supply chain issues and consumer spending following Covid. All that drove up prices.
Biden also had Ukraine War effecting oil supplies which impacted gas prices.
So does Biden get a pass on that as well like Trump with Covid?

Reactions: Dionysus444
? Who told you the Ukraine and Israel wars were about oil? Whoever that person is is one dumb SOB.

Pretty sure when the entire establishment blamed high gas prices in Putin invading, they kind of implied it.

Obviously, that mantra was applied to iraq/Afghanistan and all the other shit we do in oil producing areas.

Historical social/religious/civic lessons passed down from generation to generation with some changes in perception along the way.
For example slavery was considered perfectly ok in the Old Testament of the Bible....
1 Peter 2:18, Saint Peter writes "Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse."

Where today, that would generally be considered evil to force a person into captivity and labor against their will.
Times change, and so does the perception of evil.

Correct. Judeo Christian principles that form the basis of the majority of most Americans religion and the American legal system including ideas and concepts we find in this country’s Founding Documents.

So yes, your average American today “knowing and being in agreement of what evil is” …. goes all the way back to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob whether they’d willingly or knowingly admit it or not.

Being a slave in Peters time was not the same type of slavery Americans are familiar today. Was more of a contractual arrangement people entered into to pay off personal debt. Involuntary ownership is condemned in scripture.

Last edited:

Covid also impacted inflation under Biden due to excess government covid stimulus money, supply chain issues and consumer spending following Covid. All that drove up prices.

See, Dion?

Dumb false equivalency. Atheists do not have "faith" in nothing. Have you ever met an atheist who swears, unquestioningly, despite whatever evidence could possibly be presented in the future, that there is no higher power? The entire idea of "faith" itself is anathema to an atheist.

I do find it amusing that Sambo follows Dion like a puppy and likes almost all of his posts, and then Dion treats him like the Village Idiot he is.

That must be quite emasculating.

OK... I was just repeating what some NY media types suggested. But how about the other stuff? Is Dershowitz ignorant and doesn't know what he's talking about either? Have you actually followed this trial at all or are you just assuming the judge is fair?

He’s almost there.

I can buy that this prosecution was politically motivated

Anything else though is a bridge too far. To be honest, Dore sounds like a conspiracy theorist. How can he make wild uncalled for accusations about the prosecution?

Reactions: hmt5000
Correct. Judeo Christian principles that form the basis of the majority of most Americans religion and the American legal system including ideas and concepts we find in this country’s Founding Documents.

So yes, your average American today “knowing and being in agreement of what evil is” …. goes all the way back to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob whether they’d willingly or knowingly admit it or not.

Being a slave in Peters time was not the same type of slavery Americans are familiar today. Was more of a contractual arrangement people entered into to pay off personal debt. Involuntary ownership is condemned in scripture.
Incorrect. Judeo Christian principles were just the continuation of the previous basic morals established by peoples and cultures far older than the Abrahamic tradition. It is just one step on a long staircase, not an originator.

Reactions: sambowieshin

Many of our beliefs/traditions are also derived from Greek and Roman political/religious/social traditions that have zero at all to do with the Christian religion.
Not saying the Judeo Christian traditions/values had no impact...it did... but it is much more complex than just that historically speaking.

Reactions: Dionysus444
If people make comments/claims that are impossible to execute, I'll try to point out their stupidity regardless of who made them. Not sure you mean by "your own side". My own side is conservative Pubs. MAGA ain't such.
I believe that you believe that. But here's the thing...you never point out the stupidity from the left. You consistently point out the "stupidity" on the right.

I do find it amusing that Sambo follows Dion like a puppy and likes almost all of his posts, and then Dion treats him like the Village Idiot he is.

Pretty sure he's here for the conversation, not the likes. We disagree almost as much as I do with the conservatives, but we enjoy the robust exchange of ideas. He's willing to put his thoughts and worldview on the line in open debate, which is much more than can be said for most of the cowards here who hide their brittle, frail houses of cards behind the ignore button.

Incorrect. Judeo Christian principles were just the continuation of the previous basic morals established by peoples and cultures far older than the Abrahamic tradition. It is just one step on a long staircase, not an originator.

Well I mean technically we can take this back to the Garden of Eden. The same God that gave it Abraham and to Moses is the same one who gave it to Adam.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL

Nothing emasculating about a difference of opinion. I don't always agree with everything anyone on here says including Dion.
The group think is much more common with the tighty righties.

? Who told you the Ukraine and Israel wars were about oil? Whoever that person is is one dumb SOB.
Hey professor...land and oil.

You are a national treasure for stupidity.

Who made 1000 arguments about israel being about land?

Who also said gas prices were high because of dictator putin? (Whispering ... that was Joe Biden and all you "dumb SOBs"*)

* -- your words. And for once we agree. You guys are dumb SOBs.

Well I mean technically we can take this back to the Garden of Eden. The same God that gave it Abraham and to Moses is the same one who gave it to Adam.
That argument is just God created the world, so he gave it to us that way. Which is just taking credit for man's accomplishments. No, humans created our morals through generations of society. Whether God initially created the universe we inhabit or not is irrelevant to the fact that we created culture and society. So we don't even have to get into the 'who created it all' question as it's a moot point.

No, it's just the current best idea at the time that's always open to revision. Not a "belief system" at all.
There is an entire thread about this, about the time your side banned me from this thread, and suffice to say i do not have enough FAITH to be an atheist.

And you are still a dishonest, disingenuous prick.

Reactions: WTF Cat and SDC888

Yawn. A clearly idiotic take.

Oil prices. JUST DRILL Also, argue with Dsus who in previous posts said Ukraine had/has nothing to do with oil.
Govt Spending - A Choice. Buying votes with spending caused inflation.
Covid - Pandemic

Reactions: trueblujr2
Many of our beliefs/traditions are also derived from Greek and Roman political/religious/social traditions that have zero at all to do with the Christian religion.
Not saying the Judeo Christian traditions/values had no impact...it did... but it is much more complex than just that historically speaking.

Yes, but that’s not the topic. The topic was Americans being on agreement for the most part on what’s evil.

Care to expand on how the Romans and Greeks contributed to that apart from Judeo Christian influence as well.

Pretty sure he's here for the conversation, not the likes. We disagree almost as much as I do with the conservatives, but we enjoy the robust exchange of ideas. He's willing to put his thoughts and worldview on the line in open debate, which is much more than can be said for most of the cowards here who hide their brittle, frail houses of cards behind the ignore button.

I will give him credit for being too stupid to realize he is an idiot, yet still posts his idiotic takes here daily, for the whole world to mock him, yes.

That argument is just God created the world, so he gave it to us that way. Which is just taking credit for man's accomplishments. No, humans created our morals through generations of society. Whether God initially created the universe we inhabit or not is irrelevant to the fact that we created culture and society. So we don't even have to get into the 'who created it all' question as it's a moot point.

Thats not where I was going with that. You have documented murder and punishment for that murder in second generation of mankind with Cain.

The same God that found it wrong then, found it wrong when giving the 10 commandments.

Are you arguing our legal system has no influence from the 10 commandments?

Oil prices. JUST DRILL Also, argue with Dsus who in previous posts said Ukraine had/has nothing to do with oil.
Covid - Pandemic
If we wanted cheap oil we would've just let Putin invade and continued buying his.

Thats not where I was going with that. You have documented murder and punishment for that murder in second generation of mankind with Cain.

The same God that found it wrong then, found it wrong when giving the 10 commandments.

Are you arguing our legal system has no influence from the 10 commandments?
I'm arguing the Ten Commandments are just one legal document in a whole history of them. There is nothing unique or special about them. Societies already had laws and moral codes that contained them.

I'm arguing the Ten Commandments are just one legal document in a whole history of them. There is nothing unique or special about them. Societies already had laws and moral codes that contained them.

Already had? When? And what are these societies that predate 8000 BC with historical record of a legal system comparable to the US legal system?

Why is ok for you to predate the 10, but not ok for me to predate the 10 giving you the earliest version of number 6 with Cain committing murder and facing punishment for such crime.

The same crime is reiterated in the 10 Commandments and is acknowledged as a crime by todays American legal system.

I mean the 10 Commandments are on the Supreme Court Building, Dion or were at least.

Yes, but that’s not the topic. The topic was Americans being on agreement for the most part on what’s evil.

Care to expand on how the Romans and Greeks contributed to that apart from Judeo Christian influence as well.
Would you not agree that dictatorships and rule over a country's people with no fair representation or fair rule of law has great potential for evil???
You can thank the Greeks and Romans for the ideas/philosophy we took from them that led to the formation of our modern representative government.

Covid - Pandemic
Completely wrong on 3 key issues.
#1...Ukraine has EVERYTHING to do with oil prices. The US has an ongoing oil embargo on Russian oil as do some of our allies. Less oil on the free market means less supply which raises prices.

#2....The US is producing more oil under Joe Biden than any President in US history, including Trump.

#3....Trump is directly responsible for 2 of the 3 Covid stimulus bills passed by Congress.

As always....Facts not memes.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Would you not agree that dictatorships and rule over a country's people with no fair representation or fair rule of law has great potential for evil???
You can thank the Greeks and Romans for the ideas/philosophy we took from them that led to the formation of our modern representative government.

Yes their numerals and architecture are great.

Seriously tho, you said most Americans agree on things that are evil. Most would associate that word with common everyday identifiable things like murder, theft, causing harm to another, etc. you know that’s what you meant, right?

I’m just saying where that knowledge originated from. But you know this. Its just easier to chalk it up to dead civilizations than a God we might have to be accountable to one day I suppose.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
YMCA blaring in the Bronx as the rally draws near.

Letgo Lets Goooo GIF - Letgo Lets Goooo Pickles GIFs

WTF is this garbage supposed to be?! Lmao And Paula White?! She’s a damn lunatic, no wonder she likes trump. And she counts Michael Jackson and Kid Rock as those that like her preaching? What a resounding endorsement!! How come no one else has heard trump speak in the way she’s talking about? Have you ever heard him sound anything but lost, aloof, and sleepy when he speaks? Jesus if you were trying to show that trump loves Jesus or something, please get something else.
GOL0JfWWMAABveH

Already had? When? And what are these societies that predate 8000 BC with historical record of a legal system comparable to the US legal system?

Why is ok for you to predate the 10, but not ok for me to predate the 10 giving you the earliest version of number 6 with Cain committing murder and facing punishment for such crime.

The same crime is reiterated in the 10 Commandments and is acknowledged as a crime by todays American legal system.

I mean the 10 Commandments are on the Supreme Court Building, Dion or were at least.
I don't even know what you're/we're arguing at this point. Christianity is not the source of morality. There were literal ages of human tradition before it. Cain and Abel didn't exist. I already addressed the idea of God creating us.
Yes their numerals and architecture are great.

Seriously tho, you said most Americans agree on things that are evil. Most would associate that word with common everyday identifiable things like murder, theft, causing harm to another, etc. you know that’s what you meant, right?

I’m just saying where that knowledge originated from. But you know this. Its just easier to chalk it up to dead civilizations than a God we might have to be accountable to one day I suppose.
Those things being "evil" did NOT originate with that tradition. People had thought of killing or stealing from their neighbor as bad for literally hundreds of thousands of years before your Abrahamic God.

This is utter nonsense.

The opposite true. The moral law was given by the moral law giver; man's "discovery" and perversion of that is resultant and secondary, not causal.

Morality is written on our hearts by God. It is the world, ourselves, which corrupt it, not define it. You individually define your own moral law at your own peril... atheist secular humanists are the same in that respect as other religions.

The proof is in the pudding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT