POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your religion is Statism. You worship secular humanism. You tell us all the time that there are multiple religions throughout history so Christianity is not unique or special. You define ours so we can define yours. You redifine gender into a spectrum. Secular humanism is on a spectrum that should too be separated from the state.
Religion and philosophy are inherently different. Only one invented and requires the idea of blind faith.

Last edited:
If you guys are erecting a shrine because you worship satan, you’re goddam lunatics.

If you guys are erecting a shrine to satan because you’re trolls with nothing better to do, you’re goddam lunatics.

So in either event, I suppose the nativity scene helps to expose dipshit lunatics that should be ostracized.
"Ostracized" isn't even a strong enough word.

For years, I've ignored Lefties due to their outright stupidity.

No more: they need to be made aware they're not welcome in this country anymore.

Off Topic, Kroger has buy one get one on baby backs... My smoker will be up and smokin come Saturday. A family friend did some artwork on one of my 5 grills/smokers..

442459302_1367876423897186_596162794761749351_n.jpg

Last edited:
And it's never an issue if you don't speak religion on public property.

And the point is the distinction between God & evil. The contrast is profound.
We almost all agree on evil. That is pretty much consensus in most debates.
God is the big debate. Many different religions and beliefs in America. That is the tough one.
At the end of the day I betcha 99 percent of Americans can agree on what qualifies as evil on most things.
I've never met another person from either political party that thinks murder of a living person, rape, incest, wife beating, child abuse, or purposeful violence towards others isn't evil or terrible.
I've met many that can't agree on God and his/her wishes or even if God exists at all.

You cannot legislate away stupidity. Best to let your enemy show how unreasonable and disgusting they really are.
I think you can in this instance. No displays of religious ideology on government property in common areas. If the employees wanna put up Christmas decor in their personal office space that should be ok as well. That's their freedom of speech.
But in lobbies or common high traffic areas... Just no. Problem solved.

Religion and philosophy are inherent different. Only one invented and requires the idea of blind faith.
That doesn't mean they are not your religion. If one side of the ideological spectrum can take X and Y chromosomes, then torture and bend to include an equal recognition of furries as a gender identity....then the other side can identify your "philosophy" as your religion. Religion is a spectrum that is open to interpretation and feeling and emotion. So separate your statist Religion from our Government.

Religion and philosophy are inherent different. Only one invented and requires the idea of blind faith.
A better analogy would climate change cult. It's by all definitions a religion now. Something that's real is taken and evolved into dogmatic thinking where any questioning of gospel is blasphemous....just different words are used. For climate change, it's science denier

Is Jesus the son of God, is Muhammed a prophet, is a hurricane in Florida, during an overall mild hurricane season, climate change? Even when there's evidence against those specific scenarios.

Climate cult is now putting themselves into sacrifice, etc. All the same things.

Atheists axiomatically believe in abiogenesis.

Creationists believe that an external force "created life"

There is as much proof for one, as there is for the other; which is to say NONE.

Atheism, therefore, is just as much based on faith as Creationism. (As it stands now)

So, atheism is a religion. In that it is a belief system that has no proof to support it.

Reactions: sambowieshin
If you guys are erecting a shrine because you worship satan, you’re goddam lunatics.

If you guys are erecting a shrine to satan because you’re trolls with nothing better to do, you’re goddam lunatics.

So in either event, I suppose the nativity scene helps to expose dipshit lunatics that should be ostracized.
I agree they are idiots....but most are doing it to make a Constitutional argument about separation of church and state.
Just take the displays down from common areas on government property and it's not an issue.
You can still allow employees to decorate their individual offices or spaces because that is protected by free speech imo.
It's the lobbies and common high traffic areas that are the issue.

Reactions: J_Dee

There is as much proof for one, as there is for the other; which is to say NONE.

Atheism, therefore, is just as much based on faith as Creationism. (As it stands now)
Never thought of it that way. Faith in something or faith in nothing. Either way is faith in something.

The ultra right religious zealots, and their polar opposite counterparts on the left, that are hell bent on wiping each other out have had the biggest impact on hi-jacking our POS two party system. The middle needs to kick those two to the curb.

To the extreme right - Do your thing, and stop trying to get the government to impose your will.

To the extreme left - Do your thing, and stop trying to get the government to impose your will.

See how easy that is?

Reactions: Mash 2.4
I think you can in this instance. No displays of religious ideology on government property in common areas. If the employees wanna put up Christmas decor in their personal office space that should be ok as well. That's their freedom of speech.
But in lobbies or common high traffic areas... Just no. Problem solved.
But I want to worship Taylor Swift as my god. Should Swifties be allowed to worship their "goddess" or Dsus a Great Spaghetti Monster display....let them. Obviously as an atheist he would be doing so to troll Christians. I would say have at it as he gets Doxxed for being a troll.

You make the "noble" argument, don't allow burning the flag because it is "offensive" and we shouldn't have to see it. I say it is a free speech issue and those who openly burn a flag will reap what they sow. Burn away....but don't be surprised as to the reaction you receive.

The ultra right religious zealots, and their polar opposite counterparts on the left, that are hell bent on wiping each other out have had the biggest impact on hi-jacking our POS two party system. The middle needs to kick those two to the curb.

To the extreme right - Do your thing, and stop trying to get the government to impose your will.

To the extreme left - Do your thing, and stop trying to get the government to impose your will.

See how easy that is?
I dunno HK. I want no part of the Govt imposing anything much at all. I want them to leave us alone. The left however see the Govt as their private enforcement wing.

Reactions: berniecarbo
I dunno HK. I want no part of the Govt imposing anything much at all. I want them to leave us alone. The left however see the Govt as their private enforcement wing.

Then you are not who I'm talking about (with respect to the far right)

But I want to worship Taylor Swift as my god. Should Swifties be allowed to worship their "goddess" or Dsus a Great Spaghetti Monster display....let them. Obviously as an atheist he would be doing so to troll Christians. I would say have at it as he gets Doxxed for being a troll.

You make the "noble" argument, don't allow burning the flag because it is "offensive" and we shouldn't have to see it. I say it is a free speech issue and those who openly burn a flag will reap what they sow. Burn away....but don't be surprised as to the reaction you receive.
Never said you can't burn the flag. That is a free speech issue.
But if you do it outside of your own property be prepared to pay for any damage it causes to a sidewalk/building and be prepared for disturbing the public charges unless you got a prior permit to protest.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Door swings both ways on this. How much more intrusive can the government get than imposing it's control over your own personal body???
That is the height of government overreach when they can seize control over your bodily autonomy.
Many on the right are AOK with that.

I've made my feelings clear on abortion. The Federal government should neither endorse nor ban abortions.

That said, there are many atheist pro-lifers, so I don't consider that a strictly "religious" issue.

Reactions: parrott
sam and I are agreeing on far too much today. There is a chance that one of us has had a stroke.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. That there is a black person at a DT rally? It's always entertaining when a conservative posts a picture of a black person at a Trump rally, which more than proves the point that very few black people or minorities support DT because they have to post a picture to prove it.

But back to the election. It is coming down to the debates. The 3 debates will choose the next POTUS. The Dems are playing right into DT's hands by continually bashing him instead of giving people a reason to vote for Hillary. I honestly can't tell you what Hillary's policies are on many things, and I would bet that most people can't either. They aren't giving anyone a reason to be excited about voting, so it will be interesting to see who actually shows up to vote. DT's people are much more excited and his floor is a solid 40% who will show up rain or shine.

But America is finally going to get the President it deserves after decades of political infighting, reality tv indoctrination, and the loss of any sense of moral integrity. The only way to finally put the last nail in the coffin is to elect someone who is just like them, minus the millions of inherited dollars and sexy wives. DT is the perfect caricature for America. Loud, obnoxious, greedy, immoral, and two-faced.

I say this with love because I am voting for him because I want America to be great again. And the only way to do that is to put someone in the WH who truly represents the sad state of America. Pussy footing around and continuing the slow death of our country is boring.

The country has become ungovernable so a character like DT is the perfect antidote. He's either the end or the beginning. But he won't be more of the same.
GOL4K4dXEAA5zp9

So, atheism is a religion. In that it is a belief system that has no proof to support it.
No, it's just the current best idea at the time that's always open to revision. Not a "belief system" at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL
You guys told us they were about land and oil. Is that not the case now?

Or, are you being a dishonest POS again? Since you are a POS. I am gonna guess that is it.
? Who told you the Ukraine and Israel wars were about oil? Whoever that person is is one dumb SOB.

Never thought of it that way. Faith in something or faith in nothing. Either way is faith in something.
Dumb false equivalency. Atheists do not have "faith" in nothing. Have you ever met an atheist who swears, unquestioningly, despite whatever evidence could possibly be presented in the future, that there is no higher power? The entire idea of "faith" itself is anathema to an atheist.

Door swings both ways on this. How much more intrusive can the government get than imposing it's control over your own personal body???
That is the height of government overreach when they can seize control over your bodily autonomy.
Many on the right are AOK with that.

You keep ignoring the issue of two lives being involved, not just one. I know you don’t consider the unborn alive, but many do.

Does that unborn child not have a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness? You can argue it doesn’t, but many would argue it does.

Its not as cut and dry as you try to make it out to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT