POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. I don't live in the 14th century where ignorance, fear, and superstition rule my simple peasant life. We know things. We've progressed as a species. I could choose to live in a mud hut and throw rocks at fish to feed myself, then apply leeches to myself if I got sick. Those are all things I could do, but then I'd be an idiot that turned his back on knowledge.

We make a bargain with people that know more than we do in all our daily lives. We trust the pilot can fly the plane, we trust the doctor to do our surgery, we trust the engineers that the bridge I am driving over doesn't fall.

You can turn your back on all those people and do your own google research. Fly your own plane after a few quick YouTube videos. Pile the family in and give it a shot. Cut right into yourself after reading a couple medical books as surgery can't be that tough. Build your own stick bridge over the Grand Canyon and trot right over it with your backpack.

There are a lot of things you can "research" yourself so please, by all means, don't restrict yourself to mere vaccine science and medicine. Apply your google brilliance in everything you do. I look forward to how that turns out. Thanks!

To an extent…

Funny thing about today is, people will read 246 Amazon reviews about a toaster but none about the surgeon getting ready to drill a cm away from their spinal cord.

Nothing wrong with being informed and weighing pros and cons especially when there’s possibility of high risk involved.

Blind faith is for Jesus. Not for airlines w bad reps, the bay bridge when it wasn’t structurally sound, a vaccine that’s killed 32k+ US citizens, or a pharmaceutical company that has paid out more in judgments than any business in the history of the world.

To an extent…

Funny thing about today is, people will read 246 Amazon reviews about a toaster but none about the surgeon getting ready to drill a cm away from their spinal cord.

Nothing wrong with being informed and weighing pros and cons especially when there’s possibility of high risk involved.

Blind faith is for Jesus. Not for airlines w bad reps, the bay bridge when it wasn’t structurally sound, a vaccine that’s killed 32k+ US citizens, or a pharmaceutical company that has paid out more in judgments than any business in the history of the world.
I can go out and get a withering amount of statistics about how many people die from hospital mistakes every year. About bad doctors and nurses that kill people by accident or design. About the dangerous bacteria and illness people get from hospital visits.

Guess what? If I get sick I am going to the hospital. period. Know why? Because that's the best chance I have.

You can always find something to conspire about if somebody is looking to do it or more likely make someone else afraid of it, but the system we have now where physicians, scientists, lawyers, engineers... all our licensed people, all our institutions, all our Governments... while imperfect as they are manned by fallible people, still represent the fairest best chance that any human in history has ever had so I'm siding with those people. Warts and all.

Want to feel better about your country? Listen to immigrants talk about what it is like to be here. Want to feel safer and better about the COVID shots you are afraid of? Look over at China that has refused Western vaccines and instead attempted to develop their own or reengineer ours and steal it.

Imperfect as it is, I still feel sad for you that you fail to realize how great you have it or what a wonderful country you live in.

Dr. Angus Dalgleish campaigned for Parliament in 2015 and lost. He was a big BREXIT nut backer and seems like he has a lot of politics in his blood for a doctor. Still, vigorous debate serves us all so he is certainly qualified to weigh into the debate and be listened to. If you've ever watched a commercial for virtually any drug or any vaccine there are potential side effects for almost everything. We do the best for the most... the needs of the many outweigh the few. It has always been that way and will always be that way. If you're looking for perfect you're not going to get it from any medicine that has ever existed.

You guys live and harp on the periphery. You obsess on the grey area of uncertainty and anomalies instead of the overwhelming good done for the many. The world doesn't work that way. The many, the intelligent, and the progressives will move forward, survive, and reproduce happily while the ignorant, the fearful, and the conspiratorial will be left behind in the dust. It has always been that way and is why despite your fears life expectancy has increased globally by more than 6 years just since 2000. We will move forward despite you and your fear mongering ignorance.

No. I don't live in the 14th century where ignorance, fear, and superstition rule my simple peasant life. We know things. We've progressed as a species. I could choose to live in a mud hut and throw rocks at fish to feed myself, then apply leeches to myself if I got sick. Those are all things I could do, but then I'd be an idiot that turned his back on knowledge.

We make a bargain with people that know more than we do in all our daily lives. We trust the pilot can fly the plane, we trust the doctor to do our surgery, we trust the engineers that the bridge I am driving over doesn't fall.

You can turn your back on all those people and do your own google research. Fly your own plane after a few quick YouTube videos. Pile the family in and give it a shot. Cut right into yourself after reading a couple medical books as surgery can't be that tough. Build your own stick bridge over the Grand Canyon and trot right over it with your backpack.

There are a lot of things you can "research" yourself so please, by all means, don't restrict yourself to mere vaccine science and medicine. Apply your google brilliance in everything you do. I look forward to how that turns out. Thanks!

Believing the shot stops covid is the actual conspiracy theory. But keep doing you. I think anyone who wants it should get it. Just give me the same courtesy

Reactions: P19978
The Cal cult are like Manson Family Members

9d85001e5f5e62b85714443cd128ade6.gif

From the article:

Census numbers forecasted that Minnesota was scheduled to lose a congressional seat, right up until “blue state” numbers miraculously shot up in contrast to the usually reliable December estimates.

The Bureau has admitted it “overcounted” Minnesota, which helps explains why DFL Chair Ken Martin giddily touted “the state with both the highest census response rate in the nation at 75.1% and the highest voter turnout in the nation.”

Understand, had Minnesota and a few other states lost the House seats they were supposed to, representation in the next Congress might have looked entirely different. After all, Republicans easily won the nationwide popular vote in the midterms but underperformed in seats gained.

Overcounted the population of eight states, all but one of which is a blue state … Minnesota, according to the original census report, would have lost a congressional seat during reapportionment if it had 26 fewer residents; the survey shows the state was overcounted by 216,971 individuals. Similarly, Rhode Island would have lost a seat if the Census Bureau had counted 19,000 fewer residents. It turns out that the state was overcounted by more than 55,000 individuals … Texas and Florida should each have received an additional seat in the House. Rhode Island and Minnesota should each have lost a congressional seat — but didn’t. Colorado was given an additional seat it didn’t deserve.
So Pubs should have two more seats. How does that translate to "the next Congress might have looked entirely different"? Who would control the House then?

From the article:

President Biden's administration is scrambling to track the nearly $20 billion in military aid it has sent to Ukraine as Republicans warn of impending audits when they take control of the House in January.

The lawmakers agree that current monitoring efforts appear woefully inadequate, with the Biden administration inspecting just 10% of the 22,000 weapons the U.S. has provided to Ukraine between February and November 1, according to the Post.

U.S. allies in Europe have expressed hope that Republican skepticism of Ukraine aid will not lead to a widespread cutting of funding, however.

Reading that McCarthy having trouble getting 218 to vote him Speaker. This should be fun. Let's have Mc's Pubs' opponents allow Jeffries to become Speaker. Seems Congress Pubs have problems with having Congress Leaders whose names begin Mc.

From the article:

President Biden's administration is scrambling to track the nearly $20 billion in military aid it has sent to Ukraine as Republicans warn of impending audits when they take control of the House in January.

The lawmakers agree that current monitoring efforts appear woefully inadequate, with the Biden administration inspecting just 10% of the 22,000 weapons the U.S. has provided to Ukraine between February and November 1, according to the Post.

U.S. allies in Europe have expressed hope that Republican skepticism of Ukraine aid will not lead to a widespread cutting of funding, however.
Good. Now they should audit all other spending equally thoroughly & then they'll have something really big. If not, it's all for show.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Reading that McCarthy having trouble getting 218 to vote him Speaker. This should be fun. Let's have Mc's Pubs' opponents allow Jeffries to become Speaker. Seems Congress Pubs have problems with having Congress Leaders whose names begin Mc.

No, we just have a problem with corrupt, incompetent, bought and sold, congressional leaders that don’t represent the vast majority of their voters. And their names happen to start with Mc.

Your GOP party of Bush - McCain - Romney is dead. Either voluntarily or involuntarily. No one wants it. Not 8/10 Republicans or the general American public. Get over it or step aside.

No, we just have a problem with corrupt, incompetent, bought and sold, congressional leaders that don’t represent the vast majority of their voters. And their names happen to start with Mc.

Your GOP party of Bush - McCain - Romney is dead. Either voluntarily or involuntarily. No one wants it. Not 8/10 Republicans or the general American public. Get over it or step aside.

He's not even one of those Republicans, just trolling as one.

I can go out and get a withering amount of statistics about how many people die from hospital mistakes every year. About bad doctors and nurses that kill people by accident or design. About the dangerous bacteria and illness people get from hospital visits.

Guess what? If I get sick I am going to the hospital. period. Know why? Because that's the best chance I have.

You can always find something to conspire about if somebody is looking to do it or more likely make someone else afraid of it, but the system we have now where physicians, scientists, lawyers, engineers... all our licensed people, all our institutions, all our Governments... while imperfect as they are manned by fallible people, still represent the fairest best chance that any human in history has ever had so I'm siding with those people. Warts and all.

Want to feel better about your country? Listen to immigrants talk about what it is like to be here. Want to feel safer and better about the COVID shots you are afraid of? Look over at China that has refused Western vaccines and instead attempted to develop their own or reengineer ours and steal it.

Imperfect as it is, I still feel sad for you that you fail to realize how great you have it or what a wonderful country you live in.

Think you’re painting with a broad brush which in general, I agree with you.

I didn’t list anything thats a conspiracy theory there.

Why feel sad for me? Because I take precautions (which seem like common sense to me) with things in everyday life? Yes, this is America…but it’s not without it’s day to day dangers.

This doesn’t mean I hate my country. I served this country as did my father, his, and so on. I hate what’s becoming of it. You mention the hellhole China is, but just a week ago, our representatives were overseas rubbing elbows with others to make this country more like China (which according to them, is now the model for the west)

Again, that’s not conspiracy.

So you're saying Pubs in Congress are largely elected corruptly & not by a majority of Pubs? I.e., if right nuts not elected, it's total corruption? LOL.

Who did you vote for if not Bush/McCain/Romney? I voted for all.

So you're saying Pubs in Congress are largely elected corruptly & not by a majority of Pubs? I.e., if right nuts not elected, it's total corruption? LOL.

Who did you vote for if not Bush/McCain/Romney? I voted for all.

No, I don’t think they’re “elected” corruptly. I think they’re corrupt in that they are paid off and deferential/supportive to the same interests that work against their voters’ wishes. I don’t know how many times I have to say it - GOPe leadership does not represent or act on the policy goals of its voters.

Obamacare repeal - fail
Border wall funding - fail
Deficit control - fail
CCP crack down - fail
Fight against conservative censorship - fail
Fight Biden executive and judicial nominees - fail
Fight against vaccine mandates - fail
Fight against funding CRT and other left wing projects in the DOE - fail
Demand border security or no $$$ - fail

They’re gutless cowards. All but 20-30 of them. Look how successfully the Dems fought the Trump agenda in the Senate WHILE THE GOP HAD A MAJORITY. And when Biden takes over facing a 50/50 Senate, they FACE NO RESISTANCE on nominees or spending. McConnell gave them gun legislation and a $1 Trillion infrastructure package which only 40% goes to roads, bridges, and hard infrastructure.

I was 18 in 2010 so not old enough for Bush or McCain but I’m immensely proud I did not for Romney. Voted libertarian. I could see through his phony ass even at age 20.

You can defend these GOP swamp creatures all you want but they do not have your back. They do not fight for what you supposedly want them to fight for.

Last edited:

From the article:

We know where 10% of it went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT