POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I'm amazed at is why the blacks or hispanics think that Hillary will do anything to actually help them! Democrats have been lying to the minorities for decades for one thing: their vote. It's all about control for the Democrats and they've created a nanny state where so many are dependent on the government and been told how they are going to help them with this and that. Major cities are falling apart, schools are AWFUL, jobs are gone.

Reactions: stevo51 and mdlUK.1
The good news is Hillary is still Hillary. Unlikeable, condescending, scripted, dishonest, and villainous. All of that came through very clearly last night.

Trump was woefully unprepared and if I'm on his team, I'm infuriated at the effort. He can't afford two more shitshows like that.

However, if all Hillary could muster from last night was "She doesn't look like she's going to die in a month, so that's good", "She really stayed on the offensive", or "Wow, she really got him on those birther / womanizer comments" she is still in serious trouble.

A supposedly elite, seasoned debater vs. Trump's ineptitude last night should've ended this thing right then.

Scary stupid. Terrifyingly incompetent. Dangerously arrogant.

If you take a phone call in the middle of the night, 4 Americans might still be alive. But you didn't take that call, and those Americans died.

You delete 30,000+ national security related emails to cover your ass.

But yeah, Trump is the one who is incompetent and arrogant.

Last edited:
Those social issues are basically the only important thing. Our economy is great, record breaking great. Sorry if that's not the case in rural America, y'all don't exactly have a leg to stand on. That's just the truth.

This is reality, like it or not. Send your kids to college so they can get to a big city where the jobs are.

Are you a retiree in Florida? You sound like a retiree in Florida.

Not retired. I live in Kentucky.

Same goes for free college. I don't want to pay for other kids to go to college. Having enough trouble with mine.

If I become able and do want to send others to college, I don't want to be forced to do so in the form of taxes from the government. It ceases to be charity at that point.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Those social issues are basically the only important thing. Our economy is great, record breaking great. Sorry if that's not the case in rural America, y'all don't exactly have a leg to stand on. That's just the truth.

This is reality, like it or not. Send your kids to college so they can get to a big city where the jobs are.
Our economy is NOT great. GDP is low, median family income is flat and down from 10 years ago. The only thing that looks 'great' is the stock market and that is most likely hyper inflated. Don't know where you live but if you drive through the South you will see hundreds of factories that have simply closed. ENTIRE industries are virtually gone - textile and furniture primarily. How long will it take for us to get all of the people from the rural/mountain areas or inner cities educated so that we could somehow find enough 'skilled' jobs? We need a new way of thinking and Hillary is certainly NOT it.

And one more thing about Clinton...

Her husband fu*ked a 20 year old White House intern with a cigar (in the White House!!!!!!!!!!!), and then smoked it. Shot his load on her blue dress, which she kept as a souvenir. And when he testified about it, he flat out lied. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Sorry for the harsh descriptions, but that's what happened...let's not sugarcoat it.

I have to question the stability of someone who would stick with her marriage after that nonsense. Was it her fault? No...but it doesn't make her a strong woman. Her husband sh*t all over her, and she took it. Why? B/c she wants the political prestige and the Clinton name as he was a popular President. And leaving him wouldn't help her career.

Thanks, but no thanks. She should've left him a long time ago.

Last edited:
Most people believe things are great. Actually, more than great. You heard Lester. We're coming off 6 years of "record breaking growth". National security, for example, is not as important to majority of voters as helping/taking in refugees.

The only record that the Obama administration is breaking is for ballooning the national debt. The economy has never passed 3% growth (used to be the normal level for a healthy economy) in Obama's two terms despite a $800 Billion stimulus package and 7 years of zero interest rates by the Fed. So I don't know what Lester was smoking (other than Hillary's anus) when he made that statement about record growth. Don't get me wrong, 1%-2% growth isn't horrible but its hardly record setting.

Reactions: stevo51
Trump was by no means great but he had some very good moments. Dropped a few truth bombs for all to hear. Hillary was her usual robotic self and I can't imagine that she convinced anyone on the fence.

Only caught a few minutes, how in the hell did Trump miss so badly on the cybersecurity question? Awful.
He certainly left a lot on the table - that's just the most glaring example. To be fair, she did as well. Not sure if it was just nerves, or more likely fear of Coming Across in the Wrong Way.

Anyway, like I said last night, I think it's a mistake to score the debate on points. Does it really matter that he didn't bring up or harp on the email thing if everyone knows it already? I think - as JBH said - maybe a lot of people just wanted to see if he could seem "Presidential".

I disregard all after-debate polls - in '04, Ron Paul "won" every debate going away. I think they both looked not so great last night - naturally - but I don't know what the undecided were looking for.....

Reactions: Willy4UK
Our economy is NOT great. GDP is low, median family income is flat and down from 10 years ago. The only thing that looks 'great' is the stock market and that is most likely hyper inflated. Don't know where you live but if you drive through the South you will see hundreds of factories that have simply closed. ENTIRE industries are virtually gone - textile and furniture primarily. How long will it take for us to get all of the people from the rural/mountain areas or inner cities educated so that we could somehow find enough 'skilled' jobs? We need a new way of thinking and Hillary is certainly NOT it.

6 YEARS OF "RECORD BREAKING GROWTH"

Just telling you what the voters are told.

I live in suburban KY where businesses are running away very fast to these places that are experiencing record breaking growth, I assume. Idk where they're going. It's common for small town business to sell out to large companies out of Calofornia/Florida/Texas and then those companies turn right around and re-sell the property. Still a few factories around, but the majority of those left a real long time ago. Plus, our stupid town is wayyyy strict about EPA shit because of the thousands of tons of killer mustard gas we have, so I imagine that's hurt stuff, probably agriculture. Used to be surrounded by tobacco, I can't even remember the last time I saw a tobacco field around here...id have to think/look hard.

Idk have any answers, but i know we have land to grow stuff on. I think that needs to be utilized. That's all I got. The best and brightest from rural areas GTFO and don't come back.

I think one of he better points made from Trump was roads/bridges/airports. My town is slowly crumbling. Easy to see. We have so much shit to replace/pay I don't envy our leaders at all. Go without police or roads. Idk. The math doesn't work. If the local University would help, they have a cash well hidden somewhere, they could rebuild the entire city, basically.

6 YEARS OF "RECORD BREAKING GROWTH"

Just telling you what the voters are told.

I live in suburban KY where businesses are running away very fast to these places that are experiencing record breaking growth, I assume. Idk where they're going. It's common for small town business to sell out to large companies out of Calofornia/Florida/Texas and then those companies turn right around and re-sell the property. Still a few factories around, but the majority of those left a real long time ago. Plus, our stupid town is wayyyy strict about EPA shit because of the thousands of tons of killer mustard gas we have, so I imagine that's hurt stuff, probably agriculture. Used to be surrounded by tobacco, I can't even remember the last time I saw a tobacco field around here...id have to think/look hard.

Idk have any answers, but i know we have land to grow stuff on. I think that needs to be utilized. That's all I got. The best and brightest from rural areas GTFO and don't come back.

I think one of he better points made from Trump was roads/bridges/airports. My town is slowly crumbling. Easy to see. We have so much shit to replace/pay I don't envy our leaders at all. Go without police or roads. Idk. The math doesn't work. If the local University would help, they have a cash well hidden somewhere, they could rebuild the entire city, basically.
I think Trump hit on something about making sure we 'keep' the companies and jobs that we have and stop the bleeding. We need sensible regulations. I was working as a supplier in a food processing plant several years ago. The OSHA/safety people make it SO hard to do business - really over the top. IF Trump could do some of the things he talks about such as fair trade deals, taxes on imports, bringing the money back into the US that's overseas due to tax penalties, making Germany/Japan/S. Korea pay more for the protection we provide - that's TRILLIONS of dollars that will come back and could go towards our debt or sensible spending on infrastructure projects.

Reactions: Mashburned
Not retired. I live in Kentucky.

Same goes for free college. I don't want to pay for other kids to go to college. Having enough trouble with mine.

If I become able and do want to send others to college, I don't want to be forced to do so in the form of taxes from the government. It ceases to be charity at that point.

Some people would call yours an "outdated" way of thinking. But good for you.

Watching this debate the second time because the first time I got a bit distracted and didn't fully concentrate on some of it. I have to say that Trump won this debate in a pretty big way. Yes, he did fail to take full advantage of some openings to attack but for his first debate I think he did a pretty dang good job. He's being criticized for being on the defensive so much of the time but that was mostly due to the moderator and his biased questions. It's hard to go on the offensive when most of the questions are attacks on him. It resulted in him defending himself almost the entire time and that was so unfair. In spite of all that, I think he won this debate. He did good until Hilary and Holt accused him of supporting the war in Iraq. He got irritated and kind of lost his kool but up to that point I felt he was pretty strong. He still needs to work on keeping his composure when people start mocking him but I feel like he has come a long ways in that regard.
Trump did well considering it was 2v1.

What I'm amazed at is why the blacks or hispanics think that Hillary will do anything to actually help them! Democrats have been lying to the minorities for decades for one thing: their vote. It's all about control for the Democrats and they've created a nanny state where so many are dependent on the government and been told how they are going to help them with this and that. Major cities are falling apart, schools are AWFUL, jobs are gone.

what i'm amazed at is why poor stupid people who bitch about some factory or coal mining job that they lost think some president or policy is actually going to give them back their 40k year a job.

major cities falling apart? LOL

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
Headline I just saw:
Debate Wrap-Up: Media Bashing of Lauer Has Desired Effect as Lester Holt Lets His Bias Fly

Oh, I don't know - Lester did of course ask Hillary specifically about the Foundation, and about those missing emails, and the "Hillary cover-up" that was discussed in some of those emails from her staff. Wait, wut?.....

Reactions: jameslee32
Just in case people wanted to know....despite what Trump claimed last night, Palm Beach, FL is nowhere near the wealthiest city in the US.

I think Trump hit on something about making sure we 'keep' the companies and jobs that we have and stop the bleeding. We need sensible regulations. I was working as a supplier in a food processing plant several years ago. The OSHA/safety people make it SO hard to do business - really over the top. IF Trump could do some of the things he talks about such as fair trade deals, taxes on imports, bringing the money back into the US that's overseas due to tax penalties, making Germany/Japan/S. Korea pay more for the protection we provide - that's TRILLIONS of dollars that will come back and could go towards our debt or sensible spending on infrastructure projects.

I hate to break this to you, but regardless of who is President none of that is happening. For starters, it is going to require our do-nothing Congress to get involve and lead on these issues. They wont because they only do things to help themselves get re-elected or to try and replace the opposition. There is no legislation that does both this for both parties, so they are only going to keep going down the path of blaming everyone else as opposed to do anything themselves to fix it.

How in the world did we get to the choice of Hilary Clinton, who embodies everything that is wrong with American Politics and Donald Trump who is a narcissistic used car salesman who basically tells you what you want to hear, but in the end only does what suites himself. I don't see how anyone could have voted for either of these clowns in a primary election let alone for actual President. Regardless of who wins, we are looking at four dark years for the American people on the horizon.

Reactions: jameslee32
My take on the debate was that neither showed us enough to move the needle. They were who we thought they were.

Trump, brought the fight and appeared passionate, but needed to demonstrate some likeable traits-warmth, charm, humility, capable of caring and showing human emotion. He also needed to demonstrate a deeper understanding of policy and better define his plans if elected, not just criticize what we have and proclaim without explanation that he will be better. At times, he seemed flustered, speaking in half sentences. Good or bad, he owns his wealth and attempts to turn things like his cut-throat business practices and paying little or no taxes into a point of pride. He frequently sounded pompous and arrogant, the loud breathing in through the nose added to that. If you liked him before, you liked him last night. If you hated him before, you hated him last night.

Clinton sounded so rehearsed, she was sleep-talking at times. She was soul-less. She definitely has debating skills, has points and direction and speaks well, and if you were judging this based on normal debate benchmarks, she won this debate. But she is an insider politician who is untrustworthy and her plan is more of the same, which many are disillusioned with. Nothing she did last night changed that perception. So again, if you liked her before, you liked her last night. If you hated her before, you hated her last night.

Both seemed to meet expectations, and nothing else. If the needle does move, I see it inching ever so slightly toward Trump. Just being on the dais and the mouthpiece of the Republican party gives him a presidential "rub" that he didn't have before.

Reactions: Mojocat
And one more thing about Clinton...

Her husband fu*ked a 20 year old White House intern with a cigar (in the White House!!!!!!!!!!!), and then smoked it. Shot his load on her blue dress, which she kept as a souvenir. And when he testified about it, he flat out lied. Despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Sorry for the harsh descriptions, but that's what happened...let's not sugarcoat it.

I have to question the stability of someone who would stick with her marriage after that nonsense. Was it her fault? No...but it doesn't make her a strong woman. Her husband sh*t all over her, and she took it. Why? B/c she wants the political prestige and the Clinton name as he was a popular President. And leaving him wouldn't help her career.

Thanks, but no thanks. She should've left him a long time ago.

You're the same guy who drools over Bobby Petrino every day on here. [laughing]

This is as believable as the unemployment number... and if you believe either are accurate then please don't vote.

Sigh

Majority rules. Idgaf what's real. The majority of our voters believe this, and to was one of the first thing out Lester's mouth, setting the time of the debate.

Yep. Pretty simple solution.

Just too bad looking out for #1 is frowned upon.

I honestly had no idea how much the rest of the world f'ng us in the ass. Really hard to believe.

Last edited:
Hillary called all white people racist in the debate. And didn't even get a follow up question on it.

Almost everyone is prejudiced, regardless of their race. Many will deny it but it is true. It is the human condition. By prejudiced I mean that, before meeting them, we expect that people of different races, ethnicities etc will behave a certain way (that we perceive negatively). The normal response is, after learning that they are not like we thought they were going to be (they are basically like us), they are embraced.

A racist however, no matter how those "others" turn out to be after knowing them, still wishes ill for them for no other reason than they belong to that suspect group.

Sigh

Majority rules. Idgaf what's real. The majority or voters believe s

Keep voting your perceptions. Let me know how its working out when investment flows out of the US instead of say, Detroit, or Chicago, or heck, all of California.

You want infrastructure investment- start voting for reality.

BTW, you're looking at <2% GDP growth next year. "Historic recovery" lol.

Just too bad looking out for #1 is frowned upon.

and was foretold:

Once you believed it was ‘only a compromise’: you conceded it was evil to live for yourself, but moral to live for the sake of your children. Then you conceded that it was selfish to live for your children, but moral to live for your community. Then you conceded that it was selfish to live for your community, but moral to live for your country. Now, you are letting this greatest of countries be devoured by any scum from any corner of the earth, while you concede that it is selfish to live for your country and that your moral duty is to live for the globe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT