POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hillary and Holt: Played well to the media and the political establishment, backslaps all around. The echo chamber is at full tilt boogey.

Trump: Played well to the majority of Americans who saw through a lot of the BS.

Yeah, her scripted debate didn't win over new voters

I kept seeing Angela fats ass Merkel up there.

Hillary and Holt: Played well to the media and the political establishment, backslaps all around. The echo chamber is at full tilt boogey.

Trump: Played well to the majority of Americans who saw through a lot of the BS.

This. The political class is baffled by Trump. They get her.

Hillary's parting shot would outrage them if it were reversed.

One of my favorite things was referring to Trunp like he was a politician or some shit

"Mr. Trump you supported the war in Iraq"

Uhh no?

Trump can't be president bc he's not a politician

Vs.

Clinton can't be president bc she lies

1. Well you can't be president unless you lie, tbh.

2. Trump has to convince total idiots that he can be president, and I don't feel like he's made any ground there.

He better start acting like he's been a career a politician. Smile, deflect, lie....dumb it dowwwwn. At least use buzzwords. That means you're official.

Trump won the first 45 minutes of the debate by a landslide. And that was the most important part of the debate. Talking about Jobs and defeating Isis are 2 of the most important issues people care about. The rest of the debate were horrible question after horrible question about things nobody gives a damn about.

Those are the two things I care about. Crap like Marriage, abortion, and race relations are a distant second. Some social issues aren't even on my radar. I just don't care. Not to mention, this stuff is going to solve itself anyways, with or without the president. Society will move itself one way or another on social issues.

So it's funny to hear the left try and downplay the economy part, like we aren't all the same money-grubbing people at the end of the day. They aren't any more philanthropic, as far as I'm concerned. Money for everyone! Wealth and equality for Everyone!

.. until it comes out of their own pocket.

Liberals aren't better people than Conservatives, they just want you to think they are.

Trump has better ideas, and actually constructed them better than Hillary (despite her having infinite more political experience) on the issues I care about. He gets my vote as of now.

But we're concerned with what Trump said off the cuff on HOWARD F*CKING STERN 15 years ago?

Not a goddam mention last night the CLINTON VOTED TO GO TO WAR IN IRAQ.

The left, and Clinton in particular, can do whatever the hell hypocritical bullshit they want, and not a damn person on the left or in the media will question them.

The difference is Clinton admits she voted for the Iraq resolution. That's not in dispute.

But Trump has instead been screaming claims for the last couple years that he was adamantly opposed to the Iraq invasion from the beginning and was the supposedly the guy telling others beforehand that it was a terrible idea--yet NOBODY can find any evidence to support his claims. Instead, the only evidence anyone can find of him talking about the issue pre-invasion is a statement to Howard Stern saying he was FOR it.

Which has logically led many to suspect that his claims of being the guy who knew it was a bad idea from beginning are just more Trump bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadAhead
The followups were annoying. Holt had quite a few, almost like he was helping Hillary. How about when Trump had the last word on the first topic, Hillary whined, and Holt was like "Ohh alright, I'll give you another 30 seconds". What the hell was that?!

But, he was absolutely right to reign in Trump, he was interrupting quite a bit, and that will annoy some voters. It annoyed me, a bit. I didn't want to see some pissing match. I have to give props to Hill there, she conducted her self better in regards to giving her opponent time and courtesy.. that's why Holy had many more Trump interruptions.

Good one, as I typically do whatever Tina Fey tells me to do, but both sides of my family are Democrats. I was in the can long before "30 Rock" came on.

Amazes me how so many of you are so amazed that Democrats exist.

The difference is Clinton admits she voted for the Iraq resolution. That's not in dispute.

But Trump has instead been screaming claims for the last couple years that he was adamantly opposed to the Iraq invasion from the beginning and was the supposedly the guy telling others beforehand that it was a terrible idea--yet NOBODY can find any evidence to support his claims. Instead, the only evidence anyone can find of him talking about the issue pre-invasion is a statement to Howard Stern saying he was FOR it.

Which has logically led many to suspect that his claims of being the guy who knew it was a bad idea from beginning are just more Trump bullshit.

Trump was speaking out against the war in Iraq and decade ago at least.

He made some non committal "ya I guess" when stern asked him if he was in favor, right after it first started.

Hillary, had way more information and was all in riding the wave until it went bad.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Good one, as I typically do whatever Tina Fey tells me to do, but both sides of my family are Democrats. I was in the can long before "30 Rock" came on.

calm the f down

:oops:

Another party hoe. Just what this place needs.

Reactions: drawing_dead
But, he was absolutely right to reign in Trump, he was interrupting quite a bit, and that will annoy some voters. It annoyed me, a bit. I didn't want to see some pissing match. I have to give props to Hill there, she conducted her self better in regards to giving her opponent time and courtesy.. that's why Holy had many more Trump interruptions.

I didn't see that at all. If Trump had not cut in, Hillary could make any GD claim she wanted. Basically, Trump was defending himself against anal rape. Lineski, I'm sure if you were getting anal raped, you'd try to stop it from happening too. No difference between you and Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: screwduke1
no idea what you are babbling about. I hate both candidates. I do know you popped in here to defend Lena Dunham, which is something. Anth nailed it.

Lena Dunham is awful. I can't stand her.

Try again. By the way, I can see how red your face is from here. Relax, buddy.

I love traditional Kentucky democrats. My best friend is one. My mother and grandfather were also.

However, whatever the hell has become of the national party is [sick].

Lena Dunham is awful. I can't stand her.

Try again. By the way, I can see how red your face is from here. Relax, buddy.
I know you hate not having the last word more than baptists and actually making a legitimate point but take it up with your boys. They are the ones noting how angry you get and how brainwashed you are.

I love traditional Kentucky democrats. My best friend is one. My mother and grandfather were also.

I don't like the extreme lefties any more than you do.

Trump was speaking out against the war in Iraq and decade ago at least.

He made some non committal "ya I guess" when stern asked him if he was in favor, right after it first started.

Hillary, had way more information and was all in riding the wave until it went bad.

There's no record of him speaking out against the war until years after the invasion--long after it had become apparent that there were no WMDs and we'd gotten ourselves into an awful mess. By that point, it was EASY to be against it, LOTS of people were against it AFTER things had gone wrong. Captain hindsight is always right.

But there's no evidence at all that he was against it from the beginning, which is what he's been claiming for the last couple years. Instead, the only pre-invasion statement anyone can find is the Stern interview where he says he's for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadAhead
I know you hate not having the last word more than baptists and actually making a legitimate point but take it up with your boys. They are the ones noting how angry you get and how brainwashed you are.

You brought it here. I just told you the way it was. Like I said, relax. It's all good.

Only caught a few minutes, how in the hell did Trump miss so badly on the cybersecurity question? Awful.

I don't like the extreme lefties any more than you do.
And that's the problem with the national party. They've let them take over - legitimize every crazy left wing group/thought.

That video of the KU student group posted yesterday.... That's what they have created. That and identity politics. Pit group against group. Maddening, and that's why you see so much backlash in this thread.

Don't like either one of em but it sounded to me like the moderator was definitely helping Clinton out. I'm glad to hear the polls are saying Trump won the debate as I thought he missed a few opportunities and got a little wound up.

Reactions: UK till Death
I didn't see that at all. If Trump had not cut in, Hillary could make any GD claim she wanted. Basically, Trump was defending himself against anal rape. Lineski, I'm sure if you were getting anal raped, you'd try to stop it from happening too. No difference between you and Trump.

I definitely thought Hillary was more vicious. She striked first (1) and had that off-sides final parting shot (2). Not to mention Trump refrained from attacking back, and also said he would support her if she elected. He was more of the "gentleman", even if he was frazzled.

So I do agree, he needed to insert himself for some of her claims.. But still, Hillary, more or less, let him speak, and he had a few digs and claims that I'm sure she wanted to refute.

It makes sense that Trump had to be reeled in more times than Hillary.. 41 to 7? Probably not.

Yeah, because the traditional KY democrat has done so much for our state. SMH

Reactions: P19978
It makes sense that Trump had to be reeled in more times than Hillary.. 41 to 7? Probably not.

She sounded like some stupid housewife interjecting herself into the conversation of a HOA meeting in some gated community.

How anyone is buying that shit she's trying to sell absolutely amazes me.

And Lineski, yeah 41-7 but Trump was the one that needed to be reeled in. Yeah right

Reactions: UK till Death
Yeah, because the traditional KY democrat has done so much for our state. SMH
Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't realize all Kentucky needed in order to reverse its entire history of poverty, poor education, poor health, and drug/alcohol problems were a few more state elected republicans.

For reference - my Podunk county I grew up in is 85% republican. Guess what? It's still a shithole.

All I was saying is that the typical Kentucky dem hold more old school dem values than the national party does.

Last edited:
Lester: u racist brah???

Donald: nah bro totally nahhh ;)

Presidential means being progressive. Donald didn't even say the word "robust" once and he mostly talked about the past failings of Sec of State Clinton. Whyyyyyy????

He's needs to be talking ISIS fear, finincial fear....but use PC wordage to sound nice. He needs to talk about what could happen, the dangerous policies and whatnot. Then all he has to do is tell the idiots he will prevent that!!! You don't even have to give examples. Just say that you stand for progress and safety of our county. Maybe reference your personal website a few times.

Well, the truth of the matter is his policies are just what we are doing in the MidEast. He and others -- and you know who you are -- like to claim we aren't doing anything but we're bombing the shiat out them and using every intelligence source we own. Talking big and shrugging sarcastically really is of minor use. His economic policy is the same thing it's always been. Except worse. If you don't like Wall Street -- and I really don't believe any of you or him on that -- your SOL. And the secret sorrow of his "plans" are that they aren't going to bring back 25,000,000 good jobs. They aren't going to -- barring a complete replacement of the Fed -- lead to 4% growth. The Fed has had a fetish on 2% inflation and, like a good Talmudic scholar building a wall around the Torah, has built a wall around it. They have been talking rate hikes with inflation less than 1%. There's even been deflation through some of Obama's term. Liberal economists have been talking up a wee bit of inflation as a way to get idle money into the Active column of the economy. If he wins and sticks to Reaganism, the economy will do what it's done since 2000.

You all don't even like the 2nd amendment all that much. Stop and frisk and gun seizures?

As for safety, get guns out of the hands of infants. That'll help. You're in a bigger danger from getting shot by a kid mishandling a gun than you are from a terrorist.

Presidential doesn't mean progressive.

Agreed....Trump was just a citizen at the time and it is irrelevant how he felt about the Iraq War, but he has to be "bigly" right, "believe me", so he cannot resist getting off into the weeds in defense of something that has no bearing on the election at hand. Clinton actually had intelligence briefings and voted for the Iraq war, and then proceeded to assist the Obama administration in screwing up the aftermath in her role as SOS.

As Steve Berman wrote with regard to last night's debate, "Both sides will claim victory, as if either of them did better than having two horses face away from the audience and trade flatulent outbursts."

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Reactions: Mashburned
I'll be voting for Donald Trump because even though he isn't great at speaking, I've seen enough of Hillary to know I'd rather eat poison than have my name associated with her in any way shape or form. There is at least a 50/50 chance Donald Trump could be a good president while I believe Hillary will be without question the worst president of all time.

Where did you get that 50/50 number? Would you go to an auto-mechanic for a heart transplant? "Well, it's 50/50."

Agreed....Trump was just a citizen at the time and it is irrelevant how he felt about the Iraq War, but he has to be "bigly" right, "believe me", so he cannot resist getting off into the weeds in defense of something that has no bearing on the election at hand. Clinton actually had intelligence briefings and voted for the Iraq war, and then proceeded to assist the Obama administration in screwing up the aftermath in her role as SOS.

And you're convinced that the star of The Apprentice has the secret sauce to fix the MidEast? Heaven help us all.

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't realize all Kentucky needed in order to reverse its entire history of poverty, poor education, poor health, and drug/alcohol problems were a few more state elected republicans.

For reference - my Podunk county I grew up in is 85% republican. Guess what? It's still a shithole.

All I was saying is that the typical Kentucky dem hold more old school dem values than the national party does.
Well, it would seem to me that since we are last or near last in all the things you listed, maybe a few more republicans might help. Because your beloved KY. dems sure haven't got the job done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT