POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She sounded like some stupid housewife interjecting herself into the conversation of a HOA meeting in some gated community.

How anyone is buying that shit she's trying to sell absolutely amazes me.

And Lineski, yeah 41-7 but Trump was the one that needed to be reeled in. Yeah right

Look, I'm voting for Trump, I hate Hillary for a plethora of reasons. But Trump wasn't perfect. You can call him out from time to time.. that's why we are Conservatives.. because we can call out our own side, unlike the Left who just blindly follows Obama and Carter and Hillary, thinking everything they do is perfect and just.

IMO, Trump didn't need to interject himself as much, and quite honestly, I think it fazed him. When he was rambling about Hannity/Stern, it was cringe-worthy. He should have just let a few things go. Not all. Not most.. but some.

I don't know if Hillary can handle being on the attack. I'm not sure shes smart enough for on-the-fly rebuttal and remakrs, especially based on her scripted debate last night. But, as far as letting her opponent speak, I have to give her at least some kudos for that.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Trump won the first 45 minutes of the debate by a landslide. And that was the most important part of the debate. Talking about Jobs and defeating Isis are 2 of the most important issues people care about. The rest of the debate were horrible question after horrible question about things nobody gives a damn about.

So, winning consists of talking over your opponent, eh? What do you imagine Trump could do about jobs and Isis that all the pros can't? You think protectionism is going to lead to prosperity?

He's just the "reform candidate" like in "O Brother, Where Art Thou." Same policies, different face.

Well, it would seem to me that since we are last or near last in all the things you listed, maybe a few more republicans might help. Because your beloved KY. dems sure haven't got the job done.

Republicans have controlled the state Senate from time out of mine. Ernie Fletcher (R) and them sure made us world beaters. When Bevin isn't walking into empty rooms to talk big, he's sure set us on the path to glory. Hoo wee. I'm gettin' ready to MODERNIZE!!!

Face it. We're a state that's mostly marginal farm land that had a history of an extraction economy -- lumber and coal. The big trees left 100 years ago and coal is a shadow. Even if AGW weren't going to kill us all, Kentucky quit being able to compete with western coal 30 years ago. Voting against the truth tellers may feel good, but it makes you a sucker for believing the con men.

One of my favorite things was referring to Trunp like he was a politician or some shit

"Mr. Trump you supported the war in Iraq"

Uhh no?

Trump can't be president bc he's not a politician

Vs.

Clinton can't be president bc she lies

1. Well you can't be president unless you lie, tbh.

2. Trump has to convince total idiots that he can be president, and I don't feel like he's made any ground there.

He better start acting like he's been a career a politician. Smile, deflect, lie....dumb it dowwwwn. At least use buzzwords. That means you're official.
So he doesn't dumb it down? What big words does DT use?
He doesn't lie? Like literally every other word out of his mouth is bull$hit.
His saying he thinks the President was born here isn't being a politician? He gave no explanation of why he changed his mind other than political reasons.

If you're running for President you're a politician. If you're going around kissing babies, you're a politician. If you have pictures of yourself with all the top political figures, you're an INSIDER.

Trump HAS convinced 40+% of the total idiots that he can be President, not sure there's much more than that out there. He's winning the white illiterate vote, but unfortunately, those aren't a majority.

This is what I don't get about DT supporters. DT is HCx100000 in the lying and b.s. arena, and we're still talking about private emails. The latest releases of emails showed very little we didn't already know but we should now get to look at her private emails. Can we see all of DT's private emails? How about his tax return?

We now know he pays next to nothing in taxes, he said so last night. It's people like him that are destroying America - the greedy, self-absorbed, blamers, who can never take any responsibility for their actions.

He proved last night he has absolutely no business being anywhere near the WH, and his lackies could care less how little he knows or is capable of. This is not a game.

We'll see how the other debates end up, but if he doesn't improve I may have to change my prediction. He looked terrible last night. He looked like the sickly one with no stamina.

Yeah, at least I'm not for doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
You do realize I'm a registered republican, right? I vote mostly republican in state elections. However in local elections - where it matters most in terms of how much it 'personally' effects me and my family - I'm just as likely to vote for a dem as a republican.

Reactions: DeadAhead
Cool. Easy fix.

What's the easy fix for Kentucky? The Kansas model? Andy Barr seems to think so. I'd really suggest people search out the success of the Kansas model and what the most conservative citizens of that flat land think of Gov. Brownback and his ilk.

That line cracked me up every time she used it. Trump should have simply said, "that's fantastic Hillary, how many years did you work for him? Or any business for that matter outside of lawyering or politicking?"

There were so many opportunities to call her on his bullshit.

Neither of them seem to be clever or witty people. At all.

Clinton didn't say a word that wasn't approved after focus group testing.

Trump couldn't even see the softballs that were thrown to him, much less hit them.

I need to give Trump one of Clinton's ear pieces for the next debate. That way when she down plays "law and order" he can nail her for being above the law. Or when she talks about cyber security he can rail her for being a dumb corrupt asshole.

Reactions: Mashburned
And you're convinced that the star of The Apprentice has the secret sauce to fix the MidEast? Heaven help us all.
This is the second time you've made the assumption that I support Trump without any evidence whatsoever. Guess you've proven the old notion about what happens when you ASSume something. I think my post you quoted is pretty clear that neither are "any better than having two horses face away from the audience and trade flatulent outburst".

I even said as much in another post last night, but since context clues escape you, as Dear Leader Barry might say, "Let me be clear": BOTH CANDIDATES ARE INCOMPETENT AND UNFIT FOR THE PRESIDENCY!

Voting for President this cycle is like trying to pick up a turd on the clean end.

HRC did a good job allowing DT to rant. He needs to control himself. Other than that, she got her ass kicked.

Rewind last night's debate and what recipe did she use? (1) believe what I say, rich people are bad, (2) my husband Bill Clinton, my husband Bill Clinton, (3) I am a victimized woman, I am a victimized woman.

You do realize I'm a registered republican, right? I vote mostly republican in state elections. However in local elections - where it matters most in terms of how much it 'personally' effects me and my family - I'm just as likely to vote for a dem as a republican.
How/why would I know your registration?

There's no record of him speaking out against the war until years after the invasion--long after it had become apparent that there were no WMDs and we'd gotten ourselves into an awful mess. By that point, it was EASY to be against it, LOTS of people were against it AFTER things had gone wrong. Captain hindsight is always right.

But there's no evidence at all that he was against it from the beginning, which is what he's been claiming for the last couple years. Instead, the only pre-invasion statement anyone can find is the Stern interview where he says he's for it.

Didn't say he was against it from the beginning. But in that stern interview, you can tell he wasn't exactly for it either.

He was against way before any other Republicans were. And way before hillary was.

Only caught a few minutes, how in the hell did Trump miss so badly on the cybersecurity question? Awful.

He had a can't opportunities, but he whiffed on that and to call her out about being rich.

Look, I'm voting for Trump, I hate Hillary for a plethora of reasons. But Trump wasn't perfect. You can call him out from time to time.. that's why we are Conservatives.. because we can call out our own side, unlike the Left who just blindly follows Obama and Carter and Hillary, thinking everything they do is perfect and just.

IMO, Trump didn't need to interject himself as much, and quite honestly, I think it fazed him. When he was rambling about Hannity/Stern, it was cringe-worthy. He should have just let a few things go. Not all. Not most.. but some.

I don't know if Hillary can handle being on the attack. I'm not sure shes smart enough for on-the-fly rebuttal and remakrs, especially based on her scripted debate last night. But, as far as letting her opponent speak, I have to give her at least some kudos for that.

I agree. That's one area he'd made vast improvements lately, then regressed last night. He doesn't need to defend every single thing. Let some things go.

Anybody who tries to say DT had a good performance last night is brain dead. They may be functioning but their brain isn't. Trump was holding his own for 20 minutes and then showed exactly why he should never be in the White House. He couldn't stand the test and became unstable not what you want in a CIC. He again hides his taxes, blusters incoherently, and proves her stamina is far greater than his.

Have any of you ever looked at a tax return? Honestly? Have any of you ever even printed your own tax return from TurboTax and looked at it?

What do you expect to learn from Trump's tax returns?

How/why would I know your registration?
Well, if you had read any of my political posts at all over the years it would have been easy to figure out. Granted I'm not a volume poster, so I suppose I can understand your lack of deductive reasoning skills.

Have any of you ever looked at a tax return? Honestly? Have any of you ever even printed your own tax return from TurboTax and looked at it?

What she said that he doesn't pay taxes because he hides his profits well enough.

Or that he isn't charitable.

Or that maybe he has interests elsewhere that would influence his decision making.

The problem is trump can't sound off on those subjects and not look like an idiot. He should brag about the lowest tax possible though, I'd love to get out of taxes.

He should absolutely drop a "what we do know is the Clinton foundation has taken in millions from people you say your against". The proof is out there and she can't lie about that.

HRC did a good job allowing DT to rant. He needs to control himself. Other than that, she got her ass kicked.

Rewind last night's debate and what recipe did she use? (1) believe what I say, rich people are bad, (2) my husband Bill Clinton, my husband Bill Clinton, (3) I am a victimized woman, I am a victimized woman.

It's so easy it's stupid, yet, Trump can't/won't use the same proven tactics.

Well, if you had read any of my political posts at all over the years it would have been easy to figure out. Granted I'm not a volume poster, so I suppose I can understand your lack of deductive reasoning skills.
I've never paid enough attention to recognize you or any of your posts. Sorry that you're just not memorable.

Reactions: -LEK-

LOL, seriously. You are an f'ing joke if you believe that. If you're running for President a tax return would tell you quite a bit. For me, not so much.
You'd be saying the EXACT OPPOSITE if that was Hillary. I believe it should be required to release that if you wanna be President, same as a birth certificate. Oh wait, the irony there.

Does ANYBODY honestly believe that Hillary will be a good President? She is the most corrupt person to run EVER. Scandal after scandal. Lies about things that actually matter to our country. Her actions or in-actions in the Middle East, the 30000 emails, Clinton Foundation, her lies and coverup about her health issues - OMG people, she's the biggest crook!

Trump may be lying about his taxes and in all honesty, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Everybody tries to pay as little as possible. The whole 'birther' thing doesn't matter and there is all kinds of evidence pointing to Obama being born elsewhere whether he was or not. Hell, his Harvard law info said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii for crying out loud!

Nowhere does it say that a candidate for President should have a political background or that a person with a political background will do a better job. Yeah, Trump runs his mouth too much but I would like to see what an outsider can do as the 'insiders' are failing time after time after time.

Still sort of surprised how well Trump has done in post debate polls.

My opinion has not changed. He started out very strong and had her on the ropes and then allowed Lester and her to bait him into rants about the war, birther, etc. when he had every chance to continue to throw hard jabs at her regarding the email server, being under criminal investigation, etc. etc.

The good news is there are two more debates. He has time to get in his punches and has plenty of ammo left. She does not have much left to go at him with. Everything she said last night was a repeat of what the GOP debates already attacked him on.

As expected, she looked well rehearsed (programmed) and he was just being himself. He is not a seasoned debater and it showed, but he did not do anything really bad to hurt himself. Love him or hate him at least acknowledge Trump is about as authentic as anyone who has come before him to run for POTUS. He is brash, egocentric, you name it but he is a fighter and this country desperately needs a fighter right now. As he said several times, she has had over 30 years and has failed time and time again. He may fail to, if you have just one reason to like Trump it is to keep her hands off the SCOTUS.

Reactions: P19978
LOL, seriously. You are an f'ing joke if you believe that. If you're running for President a tax return would tell you quite a bit. For me, not so much.
You'd be saying the EXACT OPPOSITE if that was Hillary. I believe it should be required to release that if you wanna be President, same as a birth certificate. Oh wait, the irony there.

So can you tell us any of the specific nefarious things you expect to find? Or you're just going to keep yelling the talking points you've been fed?

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Trump agreeing with Hillary on providing child care gave me cold chills. Who's paying for this? I've already paid for my kids child care myself.

Reactions: jamo0001
Anybody who tries to say DT had a good performance last night is brain dead. They may be functioning but their brain isn't. Trump was holding his own for 20 minutes and then showed exactly why he should never be in the White House. He couldn't stand the test and became unstable not what you want in a CIC. He again hides his taxes, blusters incoherently, and proves her stamina is far greater than his.
STFU, Stupid.

Every poll shows Trump won. Except CNN's. [laughing]

Reactions: MrLair
Trump humiliated himself. This should be at least a 10 point swing in the polls. Outside of Ross Perot's running mate Stockdale, I've never seen a worse debate performance. Hell, Sarah Palin was light years better than Trump.

I cringed with embarrassment for our country and silently hoped that somehow the rest of the world wasn't watching. It is insane to have Trump up there as the nominee of a major political party when he so obviously is utterly and dangerously ignorant of nearly every significant issue. Scary stupid. Terrifyingly incompetent. Dangerously arrogant.

The biggest issue here in this thread is that a lot of folks beleive we are heading down the wrong path - financially, security wise, etc...

Most people believe things are great. Actually, more than great. You heard Lester. We're coming off 6 years of "record breaking growth". National security, for example, is not as important to majority of voters as helping/taking in refugees.

So all of trumps positions are not popular positions, and even worse, they can be deemed "racist" by today's weird PC standards that I don't get; but agin, the majority of America does.

So....

Idk. Trump has zero shot like most people initially believed, and he's not even willing to play politics to *try* and persuade idiots. It is almost like he's a paid Clinton mole.

I think one of those other republican clowns like Rubio could have done better, tbh. Again, we're talking about getting elected by the American people; not who's right, or what's best for our country...shit, again, what's best for the world, for those 28 countries we support, is way more important to the majority of Americans than our own country is, because, again, we are a rich, white, selfish ass nation, and that's gotta change.

It's hard to understand and grasp that as a rural Kentuckian. I understand.

Still sort of surprised how well Trump has done in post debate polls.

Why? Are you not aware of how angry average Americans are toward what HRC and the dems symbolize? Are you not aware of how angry average working class males and their families are toward almost all of the social issues embraced and promoted by dems and liberals? It can be called hate or ignorance, judged as wrong or whatever . . . doesn't matter. These people want to see those images take an ass beating and they really don't care in what form.

Why? Are you not aware of how angry average Americans are toward what HRC and the dems symbolize? Are you not aware of how angry average working class males and their families are toward almost all of the social issues embraced and promoted by dems and liberals? It can be called hate or ignorance, judged as wrong or whatever . . . doesn't matter. These people want to see those images take an ass beating and they really don't care in what form.

Are you not aware they represent the minority?

Reactions: catfaninsc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT