POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont like either candidate but it scares the sh*t out of me that so many people think Trump should be president.. Good news for Bam Margera or Johnny Knoxville.... just slap the Republican elephant symbol on your back and go into politics.......... people will vote for you just because...
As far as I am concerned, this election is not about Donald Trump. It's all about Hillary Clinton. Give me another candidate other than Trump that can stop her, and that's a candidate I'll consider.

As far as I am concerned, this election is not about Donald Trump. It's all about Hillary Clinton. Give me another candidate other than Trump that can stop her, and that's a candidate I'll consider.

its sad because the entire country should be jumping in together to seriously look at the 3rd party nominees closely because they have to be better options right??? I mean if they werent.... the media should be focusing on them because it would be an amusing clown show lol. But no... rep's will vote for the rep's and dem's will vote for the dem's basically no matter what and 3rd party be damned..... we got a group we have to keep intact. *sigh*

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
a vote for Trump is a big middle finger salute to both parties imo. which is the only reason i am doing it. he has a legit chance to win and Johnson doesn't have a prayer. I don't feel voting for Trump is the same thing as voting for traditional republican bullcrap. and a lot of ppl feel the same way.

Same here. If you were a Republican that aired on a Hillary campaign, Mitt Romney etc, you are the reason why Trump is here. Nobody is voting for that "aw shucks thankee Jesus" candidate anymore.

Worse case scenario. And I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. Hillary wins. Then has to face a Rand Paul/Justin Amash ticket in 2020.

If Trump actually wins, maybe it finally shakes up, maybe helps crumble the establishment GOP as we know it, Hillary dies off somewhere in the process and in 4 yrs he probably doesn't even want to run again. then we get Rand or someone similar hopefully. that is as close to a win as we are going to get this time around.

So are we for infrastructure jobs now? Because when Obama was proposing this it was the absolute worst idea in the world. Now that DT is complaining about it it's 'genius'. We'd have better infrastructure if the right wasn't constantly blocking it or an increase in the gas tax to help pay for those roads and bridges.

Obama called for an infrastructure bank to help fund projects, but it has been repeatedly rejected by Congress.

Trade deals help small businesses as well as the wealthy. Up until about 18 months ago, Republicans would be giving high fives over that idea.

NAFTA didn't get passed without Republicans help. Again, up until about 18 months ago, it was loved by quite a few Republicans. If NAFTA was so great for Mexico why aren't they doing better?

Obama and one of his worst ideas, you say . . . yet he won by a landslide promoting it while using words like "stimulus" and phrases like "paying their fair share." How about this for a concept: the infrastructure has aged / deteriorated by an additional 8 years so the idea is probably even better now, but somehow you people are going to figure out why it was a better idea when the infrastructure was 8 years newer and not much older / worsened. Got it.

NAFTA didn't get passed without Republican help? nice. It also did not get passed without Bill Clinton's failure to veto it, but why would he have? His pet. He owns it. It was a moral pipe dream, where visionaries said to themselves if we do this it will make things better and they can have more opportunities at home. Bill Clinton even stated after being elected in 1992 that he was opposed to NAFTA "but after I had it explained to me" (those were his words) he understood it better and supported it. It was quite alarmingly the first example of Bill Clinton not becoming what Bill Clinton promised to be. Fundamentally, he wanted it all along, just didn't want it to look that way, had to paint himself as an uninformed idiot to pull it off, and pull it off he did. A real pro.

Mexico is corrupt. Practically lawless. We would almost be better off it Mexico became a hardened rule communist country (being cynical), where the #1 resource becomes able working bodies, disallowed to leave for the purpose of performing / producing for a capitalist society, shot at their own border for trying to leave.

a vote for Trump is a big middle finger salute to both parties imo. which is the only reason i am doing it. he has a legit chance to win and Johnson doesn't have a prayer. I don't feel voting for Trump is the same thing as voting for traditional republican bullcrap. and a lot of ppl feel the same way.
Not just to both parties, but also to the media. The media needs to receive a message- we no longer take orders from them.

its sad because the entire country should be jumping in together to seriously look at the 3rd party nominees closely because they have to be better options right??? I mean if they werent.... the media should be focusing on them because it would be an amusing clown show lol. But no... rep's will vote for the rep's and dem's will vote for the dem's basically no matter what and 3rd party be damned..... we got a group we have to keep intact. *sigh*
For what it's worth, this election will see many more 3rd party votes than usual, and probably a higher percentage of Republicans voting for the Dem candidate, and vice versa, than usual.

Obama and one of his worst ideas, you say . . . yet he won by a landslide promoting it while using words like "stimulus" and phrases like "paying their fair share." How about this for a concept: the infrastructure has aged / deteriorated by an additional 8 years so the idea is probably even better now, but somehow you people are going to figure out why it was a better idea when the infrastructure was 8 years newer and not much older / worsened. Got it.

NAFTA didn't get passed without Republican help? nice. It also did not get passed without Bill Clinton's failure to veto it, but why would he have? His pet. He owns it. It was a moral pipe dream, where visionaries said to themselves if we do this it will make things better and they can have more opportunities at home. Bill Clinton even stated after being elected in 1992 that he was opposed to NAFTA "but after I had it explained to me" (those were his words) he understood it better and supported it. It was quite alarmingly the first example of Bill Clinton not becoming what Bill Clinton promised to be. Fundamentally, he wanted it all along, just didn't want it to look that way, had to paint himself as an uninformed idiot to pull it off, and pull it off he did. A real pro.

Mexico is corrupt. Practically lawless. We would almost be better off it Mexico became a hardened rule communist country (being cynical), where the #1 resource becomes able working bodies, disallowed to leave for the purpose of performing / producing for a capitalist society, shot at their own border for trying to leave.

Hillary will do the exact same the with TPP as Bill did with NAFTA, only we know she was onboard with it until she ran for President.

Mexico would be sunk if the remittances stopped coming back. Average of nearly 25 billion annually. Much of that money is taken out of the US economy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/mexico-got-more-money-remittances-oil-revenues-2015-n510346

Have any of you ever looked at a tax return? Honestly? Have any of you ever even printed your own tax return from TurboTax and looked at it?

What do you expect to learn from Trump's tax returns?
Lots of people can read complex financial documents. For one thing we'll learn who he'S indebted to.

and now you sound no better than all the ones calling for Barry's birth certificate. plus, we already know who the Clinton's are indebted to and it isn't pretty.

If HRC's isn't pretty just imagine what Trump's must be like. Isn't it sauce for the gander.

A tax return is a tangible thing. Obama produced his. Why should Trump get to skate?

Who would of thunk that misspending the majority of a $1T whilst giving the middle finger to any requests from the GOP would lead to mistrust of future similar boondoggles once said middle-finger-hoisting party was booted from power?

Now, I know I'm not as smart as you Moe. But if the Republicans blocked it, it was prolly due to the Dems loading it up with so much pork that you could feed 50 villages.
Republicans controlled Congress. They could have passed whatever they wanted to. That's what "control" means. They didn't want to.

Why would Obama veto infrastructure spending?
jesus, get a newspaper. He has vetoed anything that is not what he wants to exactness. And threatens any Dem that dares cross over. Which is why your party got gutted in 2010 and 2014.

Why would Obama veto infrastructure spending?
giphy.gif

Reactions: ymmot31
Trump support coming out big league today. Received 16 million in donations & 15 - 20k turn out in Melbourne.

Why would Obama threaten a veto of a Zika bill?
Why would Obama threaten a veto to add Syrian screening?
etc, etc, etc

jesus, get a newspaper. He has vetoed anything that is not what he wants to exactness. And threatens any Dem that dares cross over. Which is why your party got gutted in 2010 and 2014.
The GOP has never shied away from passing PR bills for Obama to veto. Like the 9876 times they passed bills to get rid of Obamacare.

0 bills for infrastructure. They passed around 25% of the number of bills of the next least productive Congress.

Reactions: jameslee32
Moe, you seem like a smart guy(don't be offended by me presuming your gender), but all this back and forth between the two sides and in fighting and nothing getting done is exactly why most of us are fed up with the status quo. bills, legislation never got passed, nothing got done because each side would load it with crap that they knew the other side would object to. so when they did, they could just simply use that rejection for political gain by blaming the other side for obstruction. it is the same old song and dance we are disgusted with. it is why repubs got their shit handed to them in the primaries. it is why we are giving Trump a chance. now you brought all this up, but you are obviously ok with it because you want to elect the same status quo. Hillary doesn't represent anything different than what you are complaining about, but she is your girl because of that dem title next to her Clinton name. you don't get it. you don't get why we are actually rallying behind Trump. he is something different, and a big eff you to both parties.

Why would Obama threaten a veto of a Zika bill?
Why would Obama threaten a veto to add Syrian screening?
etc, etc, etc
The Zika bill is loaded with other stuff. Why would you pretend that it was only a Zika bill. Hopefully you're ashamed of them.

Who would of thunk that misspending the majority of a $1T whilst giving the middle finger to any requests from the GOP would lead to mistrust of future similar boondoggles once said middle-finger-hoisting party was booted from power?
requoting to make the same point for the 58th time

The Zika bill is loaded with other stuff. Why would you pretend that it was only a Zika bill. Hopefully you're ashamed of them.
so you're saying the subject of the bill is not enough to simply pass, that context and details matter? congrats, that is the point

Reactions: ymmot31
Moe, you seem like a smart guy(don't be offended by me presuming your gender), but all this back and forth between the two sides and in fighting and nothing getting done is exactly why most of us are fed up with the status quo. bills, legislation never got passed, nothing got done because each side would load it with crap that they knew the other side would object to. so when they did, they could just simply use that rejection for political gain by blaming the other side for obstruction. it is the same old song and dance we are disgusted with. it is why repubs got their shit handed to them in the primaries. it is why we are giving Trump a chance. now you brought all this up, but you are obviously ok with it because you want to elect the same status quo. Hillary doesn't represent anything different than what you are complaining about, but she is your girl because of that dem title next to her Clinton name. you don't get it. you don't get why we are actually rallying behind Trump. he is something different, and a big eff you to both parties.
You keep forgetting that the GOP had control. I won't forget. You shouldn't either.

And the Dems would never do that. You are such a cheap whore.

ACA and the Porkulus, that is your answer to the shitfest you are whining about. You should be ashamed to support that abuse of power and scumbag ways of Harry Reid et al.

What I think I'm hearing from Moe is that Obama has no power and isn't responsible for anything....the GOP is totally in charge. Is that correct?

Just want to confirm so that if anything positive were to miraculously happen, the GOP and not Obama can take credit.

Reactions: MrLair and ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT