POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Trump gets to take on three people in his next debate- Woman reporter Martha Raddatz and gay Anderson Cooper from CNN and Hillary.

The idea that any of the major networks get to have their mouthpiece as moderators is a joke.

Reactions: Anthony B
There is one about halfway down the first page of the Paddock. Trump and Other are destroying Hillary.
I looked but couldn't find it - but that sounds more like it. I have always assumed this was a pro Trump board, and the poll pinned to the top of the political thread did not accurately reflect the views of most here.

It's time to pin a new poll to the top of page one of the political thread. Let the people speak.

I looked but couldn't find it - but that sounds more like it. I have always assumed this was a pro Trump board, and the poll pinned to the top of the political thread did not accurately reflect the views of most here.

It's time to pin a new poll to the top of page one of the political thread. Let the people speak.

FTS, what do you think about AIDs?

Slate (god awful leftist site) has Trump winning the debate 54 to 45.
Don't take this the wrong way but you seem to disagree with everything the left says. Which must mean you disagree with the reporting of Trump winning.

Seriously, though, I haven't seen anyone mention agencies misrepresenting poll leads against their own candidate in order to mobilize the base.

I think I would want people to think their candidate was a little behind so that they would be more inclined to get out and vote.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
Don't take this the wrong way but you seem to disagree with everything the left says. Which must mean you disagree with the reporting of Trump winning.

Seriously, though, I haven't seen anyone mention agencies misrepresenting poll leads against their own candidate in order to mobilize the base.

I think I would want people to think their candidate was a little behind so that they would be more inclined to get out and vote.

But what if one of the candidates is female named Chillary Hinton and she is spreadin' molester muder hands? Then what?

does anyone feel like our politics are similar to professional wrestling? they take the gloves off and beat the hell out of each other, but behind closed doors they are actually friends. i don't doubt candidates true want to win, but i doubt their disdain for their opponents. just like when you were a kid and believed that wrestling was real only to find out the whole thing was staged, scripted acting. the way the Bush's came out this cycle as so anti Trump and pro Clinton proves that theory to me. I mean that is where we at, comparing our political process to pro wrasslin.

<tin foil hat on>
I'm for Trump but think Hillary won the debate.

I also think that Trump has a huge ego and if polls show him winning this debate then he won't change anything for the next debate. Knowing that and if I'm head of the DNC, I've got my people voting that Trump won as many times as they can.

<hat off>

Reactions: warrior-cat
Didn't catch the debate. Heard hillary looked like she was reading from a teleprompter the whole time, dodged Libya questions, and kinda dodged the details of Obama recovery. Other than that I heard it was like 2 children not really talking about anything.

Watching this debate the second time because the first time I got a bit distracted and didn't fully concentrate on some of it. I have to say that Trump won this debate in a pretty big way. Yes, he did fail to take full advantage of some openings to attack but for his first debate I think he did a pretty dang good job. He's being criticized for being on the defensive so much of the time but that was mostly due to the moderator and his biased questions. It's hard to go on the offensive when most of the questions are attacks on him. It resulted in him defending himself almost the entire time and that was so unfair. In spite of all that, I think he won this debate. He did good until Hilary and Holt accused him of supporting the war in Iraq. He got irritated and kind of lost his kool but up to that point I felt he was pretty strong. He still needs to work on keeping his composure when people start mocking him but I feel like he has come a long ways in that regard.

Last edited:
Please stop with the BS that either had or didn't have the questions......WTF was new tonight? It was all obvious!

My god, I'm for Trump but it didn't matter tonight. He came off bad even though he beat her badly and I think got over confident and started getting arrogant.

His goal was to play respectfully, but he should have attacked in a few spots that he left on the table.

She is a career politician and this was her what 10th 1 on 1 debate? And she was better prepared? No shit!!!
This is spot on here. Trump loses some credibility with voters on the fence when he goes on the "I know you are but what am I approach".

Slate (god awful leftist site) has Trump winning the debate 54 to 45.

eek.gif

I see no reason to watch any of the other debates. It is obvious to me that the moderator will favor Clinton. I did think Clinton won the debate simply on her poise, and Trump spent way too much time doing what he keeps doing, being too defensive and thin skinned.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Plain and simple, he killed her the first 45 min and then was on defensive for the last half. Seemed to coincide with when the questions became less relevant to anything i.e. Birther and Iraq war vote.

He missed the cyber security knock out punch, missed it badly. That said, he spent 30 min waxing her on the economy right out of the gate which is what most people tuned in for.

Random comments:

--If you didn't think Lester Holt was biased towards Hillary, you weren't watching. Will be interesting to see if he is universally blasted like Lauer was.

--My daughter wants to be a poly-sci major and is surprisingly well informed for a 17 year old. She and I have some very spirited but reasonable discourse on a frequent basis--and she supports Hillary. I asked her post debate what she thought...before I made any comments: Her reply was--Holt was biased and unfair, and she thought Trump won. Mainly because Hillary was stiff, her answers were too practiced and included no real content or solutions. Only Trump attack bites--Hillary offered very little that described what she would do if in office. I thought my daughter was spot on.

--IMO, Hillary came across like a typical politician---lot of fluff but no real content. And at times very personal, mean spirited and unpresidential. More importantly--it was if she was talking to the media, not the average Joe, Juan, Louise or Carla in Des Moines, Birmingham or Phoenix. The media is eating it up and praising her. But not so sure about the voters--that we'll know in a few days--which will be interesting.

--Trump went out of his way repeatedly to point out how the current political structure is broken--and he didn't separate Dems from the Repubs. He threw all of them under the bus...and I think that will register with voters....but not necessarily with the media.

Reactions: UK till Death
Really is amazing one of those two people is going to be POTUS. Clinton was obviously more prepared, and had her focus grouped responses ready to go.

Trump just went up there to wing it, which would have been great, but it appears he cannot think on his feet. Clinton threw him so many softballs he whiffed on.

For gods sake, cyber security was a topic. There was no one in that room less qualified to speak on that topic than Clinton. "Wipe it, like what, with a cloth?" The DNC was hacked revealing the conspiracy against Sanders. The Clinton Foundation has been hacked. Her unsecure email server was accessed by multiple parties. Her IT expert was on Reddit asking how to delete emails. The head of the FBI used the excuse that Clinton was to incompetent to break the law while as a reason to not recommend charges to the DOJ. They have no idea where her old Blackberry's and other devices containing classified info went. She emailed around classified info by unsecure means.

How do you not nail her to the wall with that shit?

Plain and simple, he killed her the first 45 min and then was on defensive for the last half. Seemed to coincide with when the questions became less relevant to anything i.e. Birther and Iraq war vote.

He missed the cyber security knock out punch, missed it badly. That said, he spent 30 min waxing her on the economy right out of the gate which is what most people tuned in for.

hhahaha I was wondering that. Why were those questions even being asked.

"Clinton is a woman, what do you mean when you say she doesn't appear presidential?"

"Obama is black, why were you asking for his birth certificate?"

I mean, jesus Christ. You'd think with all the lead up the moderator would have at least tried to be objective.

How do you, as a moderator, accuse Trump of being a racist for asking for the birth certificate and ignore the fact that the Clinton camp started the birth certificate stuff and published the pictures of him in the Muslim dress?

Reactions: Willy4UK
<tin foil hat on>
I'm for Trump but think Hillary won the debate.

I also think that Trump has a huge ego and if polls show him winning this debate then he won't change anything for the next debate. Knowing that and if I'm head of the DNC, I've got my people voting that Trump won as many times as they can.

<hat off>

I don't think she won. She is terrible.

The Iraq war stuff was also nauseating.

I think the debate was really just a microcosm of what I hate about this country.

Clinton voted to go to war in Iraq. She voted for the goddam war. With all the classified info and knowledge, she's one of the reasons we're there.

But we're concerned with what Trump said off the cuff on HOWARD F*CKING STERN 15 years ago?

Not a goddam mention last night the CLINTON VOTED TO GO TO WAR IN IRAQ.

The left, and Clinton in particular, can do whatever the hell hypocritical bullshit they want, and not a damn person on the left or in the media will question them.

I can only imagine the Forefathers getting asked those questions that Trump was asked.

"Mr. Washington, do you think it's true that your opponent wears colored knickers?"

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I think I'm just frustrated because I want to see Clinton destroyed. I want someone to stand on stage and rip from her her last shred of ability to look in the mirror. Point out how big of a piece of hypocritical shit she is every time she opens her mouth. I don't want her to lose the election, I want her to crawl into a hole so this country never has to see her again.

Implying Trump has something to hide because he won't release his tax returns. BITCH YOU DELETED 30,000 EMAILS TO OBSTRUCT A FEDERAL INVESTIGATION INTO YOUR CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES.

Trump is winning every single debate poll. All of them. And most of them by 10% or more. Hillarys not even close in these.
he won because the story was he was so unqualified and unprepared u should not even consider voting for him.....And he performed equal (at worst analysis) to the person said to be most qualified evah to be President. Hence it was a huge win, even with no knockout blows by trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT