POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand. I think it is very much on-point and I will give my case. I have watched over the last decade or two the meaning of words lose their effect due to intentional overuse (Nazi, Fascist etc.). I have also seen a total complacence come over so many people I know and interact with on a regular basis. So many people to their core believe that "This is America and that could never happen here". That is just so wrong.

When my twins graduated HS, we took a 3 week trip to Europe. The best part from an educational standpoint was Germany. When we went to Berlin, I arranged for us to take some private tours. The two that made the biggest impact on my 18 year old twins was a driving tour of Berlin and a concentration camp.

To shorten up as much as possible-- the driving tour of Berlin was done by a man who was there when the wall went up. He told my kids while the concrete did not go up overnight, the barbed wire and guards literally did. Germans never thought they could be a nation that could lose so much freedom overnight but they did. And the second was the concentration camp where they were told how Germany slowly eroded into a country under Hitler that became unrecognizable from just a decade or two before. They did not wake up one day and become a country that said lets exterminate the Jewish population. It was a cultural shift where people stood by and didn't think it was that bad because it didn't impact them personally.

My kids took it to heart because it wasn't dad and it wasn't school. So I think the left is misunderstanding the message you posted.

if I had a point it is to stop letting things slide. Speak up when you see a wrong. My son makes a statement I cannot stand. 'It's all good." He is learning now that it isn't all good, that wrongs not corrected can add up to tragedy's. Of course you cannot get to paranoia but we have to remain vigilant. The Demosocialcommunist Liberal's will NEVER stop indoctrinating and perverting America. No one calls them on it, why should they stop doing something they assume is right or that they want to do.

This was to be a Harris rally in Miami but only about a half dozen people showed up. She was met with Hispanics for Trump and it didn't go very well for her. Another group she is having huge trouble with are Haitians. They dislike Democrats more than Cuban-Americans. Not a good sign for Biden.
4b53c819aa95daf88f6eadaf6ccf90ef6783d78723fc81f88746f5253304903a.jpg

Half you morons listen to this ****ing kook.

Televangelist Pat Robertson reported on “The 700 Club” today that he had been told by God that President Donald Trump will be reelected … and his reelection will bring about start of the End Times.

Robertson said that “without question, Trump is going to win the election,” but it will result in widespread civil unrest, during which there will be at least two attempts to assassinate the president.

While America is engulfed in chaos, Robertson predicted that Islamic nations will use it as an opportunity to attack Israel but will be wiped out by God, leading to “a remarkable time of peace.”

Following several years of peace and global revival, the world will then experience the End Times’ “great tribulation” when an asteroid strikes the Earth.

And the second was the concentration camp where they were told how Germany slowly eroded into a country under Hitler that became unrecognizable from just a decade or two before. They did not wake up one day and become a country that said lets exterminate the Jewish population. It was a cultural shift where people stood by and didn't think it was that bad because it didn't impact them personally.
Two things...one...this kind of fits in with my thoughts on the Dem Party. Our grandparents, whether Dem or Rep, back in their day would have never thought that the Dems would believe what they believe/support today. Abortion, gay marriage, transgenderism, etc, etc. Just like the Germans of the 30s never dreamed where they were heading.
And second, had an aunt who was German, and she basically said what you posted of the German guide. I remember her talking about how during the 30s the German people loved Hitler. They as a country were coming back from economic ruin after WWI and unlike after WWII, they had no help at all from the world at large. Hitler brought them back in not only economic terms but self esteem as a nation as well. But they had no idea what was coming...and many didn't believe, or had a very hard time believing, for years after the war.

I remember seeing that Alan Dershowitz, who taught at Harvard Law for 50 years, said that in those 50 years he taught a lot of brilliant students, but two stood apart in terms of sheer horse power. Ted Cruz was one of the 2. So, apparently, pretty smart dude. But he's just one of those people that doesn't attract votes, in fact kind of repels them. Romney was that way - straight out of central casting, but there was something about him that didn't translate.
Ted Cruz would make a great Supreme Court Justice but apparently he is not interested. But if we could move Roberts out of the way and off of the court maybe he could be persuaded to take his position as Chief Justice.

Didn't mean to leave you out of my post Atrain. Didn't know you lived in Florida.
Found that map fascinating in that you can scroll over it and see what each county is doing. Didn't check into too much in that I had to do something....don't know how often it updates.
I'm in Kissimmee. Trying to decide if I want to go vote early or not.

Televangelist Pat Robertson reported on “The 700 Club” today that he had been told by God that President Donald Trump will be reelected … and his reelection will bring about start of the End Times.

Robertson said that “without question, Trump is going to win the election,” but it will result in widespread civil unrest, during which there will be at least two attempts to assassinate the president.

While America is engulfed in chaos, Robertson predicted that Islamic nations will use it as an opportunity to attack Israel but will be wiped out by God, leading to “a remarkable time of peace.”

Following several years of peace and global revival, the world will then experience the End Times’ “great tribulation” when an asteroid strikes the Earth.
Not one serious believer listens to Pat Roberts. 🤣🤣

Reactions: Atrain7732
I remember seeing that Alan Dershowitz, who taught at Harvard Law for 50 years, said that in those 50 years he taught a lot of brilliant students, but two stood apart in terms of sheer horse power. Ted Cruz was one of the 2. So, apparently, pretty smart dude. But he's just one of those people that doesn't attract votes, in fact kind of repels them. Romney was that way - straight out of central casting, but there was something about him that didn't translate.

A republican governor of Massachusetts does not translate.

HAHA......................Biden stated to be UP ONE in Florida!!!

200.gif

DMUi.gif

q8BXGwM.gif

I want in on some of that action myself...
The vast majority of my friends (Trump voters) including my wife are waiting for election day to cast their votes. In fact I bet the majority of Republicans will not early vote.

I have already voted but my wife is very old school traditional and loves to stand in line on the Big Day.

Going to vote in person today in North Carolina! Voted from Trump in 2016 but today is special. Today is the day my wife a former Democrat puts a check mark beside DONALD J. TRUMP.

Of course you would never hear about her because she is apart of the silent majority and doesn’t want to be smeared as whatever “ist” the left wants to call her. I don’t blame her.

You are gonna see with this election that people still love American values enough to fight for her.
119029277_1597942400384322_4314262762359493770_n.jpg

I can tell you that Ted Cruz is the only representative that personally answered a letter I wrote a few years ago. Most of the time it's aides that do it but Cruz took the time to hand write a response. I just think that he's probably not "charismatic" enough to get votes for President

If you've ever watched the 700 club (or even heard of the 700 club any time in your pre-pubescent life before grabbing your talking points from HuffPo/Vox/Mother Jones and then running here to spew them), you would know that they are ALWAYS talking about how this or that item in the news is a sign of the end times.

Two things...one...this kind of fits in with my thoughts on the Dem Party. Our grandparents, whether Dem or Rep, back in their day would have never thought that the Dems would believe what they believe/support today. Abortion, gay marriage, transgenderism, etc, etc. Just like the Germans of the 30s never dreamed where they were heading.
And second, had an aunt who was German, and she basically said what you posted of the German guide. I remember her talking about how during the 30s the German people loved Hitler. They as a country were coming back from economic ruin after WWI and unlike after WWII, they had no help at all from the world at large. Hitler brought them back in not only economic terms but self esteem as a nation as well. But they had no idea what was coming...and many didn't believe, or had a very hard time believing, for years after the war.

Most Germans loved him until the chickens finally came home to roost. I am currently reading a great exhaustive biography of Hitler by Volker Ullrich, a German.

Voted for her yesterday. The political ads against her here are an insulting disgrace (as are most political ads).
I saw a couple of those ads on the internet. Bet you didn't know that Mark Kelly was a former astronaut? If you didn't the ads will let you know for sure.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Being a former pilot/astronaut seems be an essential resume qualification for political office nowadays.
I thought he was goofy when I watched him floating around in the ISS doing interviews. And that was before I knew anything about his politics.

ADVERTISEMENT