POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If for no other reason this is why our home supports Trump. He will stand up and tell the truth about criminals in politics and their brothers in arms, the media. I know of no other president that would do that.

But Trump is not a politician and is not in bed with lobbyist
Your an idiot if you think Trump is not a politician and not In bed with lobbyists. Almost everyone he appoints is a former lobbyist and everyone he fires becomes a lobbyist. He just skipped the step of making the lobby's beg him for policy and put them in charge of the policy.

I have absolutely no knowledge of his background, age, etc., but he reminds me so much of my father-in-law. He is 91 and was taught that FDR saved the economy and the world and that government exists to fix problems and serve people. He was fully brainwashed in FDR's New Deal and Johnson's Great Society and facts that dispute those beliefs are never recognized. I've tried to get him to read Roosevelt's Folly and studies done by economists, such as Friedman, that shows FDR's policies actually prolonged the great depression, but it is without success. He is just a product of the time he lived through and the education he received and nothing can change his mind. Nothing can replace what he has already been told in his younger days. Perhaps he personally benefited from the New Deal at some point, so his assumption is that Government actually fixed unemployment because they fixed his unemployment. I really don't know. Levi reminds me so much of him that I believe they are products of a similar upbringing. I would also guess they are within 10 years of each other in age. Even though I occasionally respond to Levi to point out something completely stupid that he says, I have learned from my experiences with my father-in-law that, in some cases, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Remember my Mom telling once (she's gone now but would be mid-90s) how almost everyone had a picture/portrait in their homes back in the 30s, 40s. Not their house in that they were Republican but they were in the minority.

Remember my Mom telling once (she's gone now but would be mid-90s) how almost everyone had a picture/portrait in their homes back in the 30s, 40s. Not their house in that they were Republican but they were in the minority.

Maybe kind of like those that have been duped by Andy through his daily tv show. I knew it was possible to do with some, but I never knew it was so easy to brainwash such a significant percentage of the population.

The first time that happened out there it got ugly...

EjuitB7WkAAGip7

and systemic white supremacy. We must address this issue as a community and make sure that all voices are heard on the way to the promised land

Just read this in a separate thread and thought I would bring it here too. If that's a no-no, you all let me know.
Anyway I think too many twinkies and spoon-fed malarkey might more likely be the problem.
"Women's and gender studies professor" [eyeroll]

Last edited:
When I was in H.S. shop, etc wasn't required, but it was there if you wanted to take it. H.S. schools around here now I don't think even offer it anymore. Now there are Vocational Schools for high schoolers. Only Jr and Sr year, but a good alternative if a kid isn't into the whole H.S. thing. Not into history, algebra, etc and has no interest in going to college. Go to a trade school...take something you're interested in...then there are companies (big and small) who then 'recruit' the graduating Seniors for jobs. So many of them start off at a good paying job at the age of 18. Fast forward 4-5 years, moneywise (savings, investment hopefully, maybe a house), no student debt....they're light years ahead of most college graduates (with student loans)....especially those who have a degree in Philosophy or The Arts, etc.
My plumber drives a $100,000 Audi. Plus he has a fleet of trucks for his business. And a building with equipment, supplies, etc. He has a high school diploma and could buy and sell every school teacher in the county.

Plumbers earn every dime they charge

% of Americans saying they’re better off now than they were four years ago Sep 2020 (Trump): 55% Dec 2012 (Obama): 45% Oct 2004 (Bush 43): 47% Jul 1992 (Bush 41): 38% Jul 1984 (Reagan): 44%
lol. so much horse sh*t right there........ just simply because covid has hurt way more americans in some form or fashion to have 55% saying they are better off now than 4 years ago.

Conservatives are for protecting the environment.

However, they don’t believe the earth is our “mother”, which is where the libs go so wrong.

Liberals don’t value man. They value “nature“, and attempt to browbeat society into believing that we must protect the earth and the animals, or else the earth will get mad at us and destroy us through storms, earthquakes, etc.

It’s insane.

We should not intentionally or recklessly abuse the earth, or animals.

However, God created the earth and its resources for man to utilize.

Man has a conscience and free will. The earth and the animals do not.
100%. Well said

Reactions: Lost In FL
Your an idiot if you think Trump is not a politician and not In bed with lobbyists. Almost everyone he appoints is a former lobbyist and everyone he fires becomes a lobbyist. He just skipped the step of making the lobby's beg him for policy and put them in charge of the policy.
Can't you spell?

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
When I was in H.S. shop, etc wasn't required, but it was there if you wanted to take it. H.S. schools around here now I don't think even offer it anymore. Now there are Vocational Schools for high schoolers. Only Jr and Sr year, but a good alternative if a kid isn't into the whole H.S. thing. Not into history, algebra, etc and has no interest in going to college. Go to a trade school...take something you're interested in...then there are companies (big and small) who then 'recruit' the graduating Seniors for jobs. So many of them start off at a good paying job at the age of 18. Fast forward 4-5 years, moneywise (savings, investment hopefully, maybe a house), no student debt....they're light years ahead of most college graduates (with student loans)....especially those who have a degree in Philosophy or The Arts, etc.

I graduated from hs in 1986. Community college tuition was half of UK. Vocational school was half of community college.

The community colleges fell under UK's umbrella and courses transferred seamlessly. In the early 1990's, UK started expanding their footprint at some of the community colleges by offering a few select majors a four year UK diploma degree. Nursing and engineering degrees happened here.

Our state's regional universities felt threatened by this. No one college had enough clout to take on UK politically, but collectively, they were able to take them down.

The Vo-tech schools in Ky were their own separate entity at the time.

UK was forced to give up the community colleges. The Community colleges swallowed up the votechs. It was not an equal merger.

After the merger, votech kids then had the same gen ed requirements of the cc. One of my best friends retired as the HVAC instructor at our CTC and I've heard it all.

He would teach his students the math that they would need to succeed. Once the kids were now in Community and Tech College, they would get stuck in remediation course, Ground Hog Day, purgatory. They would be passing with their chosen vocation, but never getting past the remediation course that would set them up to take ENG101 or College Algebra. It kept them in school longer and they were now spending double the tuition per semester.

It is never ever about the students. It is always numbers. The more students taking and then retaking courses, the more instructors that are needed. The more instructors you have, the more administration you have to have to manage the instructors. Then somebody has to manage the lower level of administration.

Up the chain it goes to grow the empire.

At one time, it was a whole lot simpler.

Last edited:
lol. so much horse sh*t right there........ just simply because covid has hurt way more americans in some form or fashion to have 55% saying they are better off now than 4 years ago.
Imagine what it would be without the China virus. Of course you want to blame that on Trump too.

I don't recognize the character, but that sneaky little weaselly looking avatar fits you well, imo.

Actually, a lot of Herbert Hoover's proposals were similar to that of Roosevelt's, however, he could not get support to implement them. It took a devastating Depression to finally get other politicians to come around. Not defending Herbert Hoover because he was a bad fit for President but he was a better Mining Engineer who was unbelievably wealthy so he couldn't have been the idiot that we're told. I'm an engineer myself and I can tell you for a fact that anyone in that field would not be a good fit for President or any other public office in the United States.

I think after President Trump win's this election I may get behind Ted Cruz as he seems nearly the only one that is even a pimple on President Trump's backside as to the shrewdness needed to fight this swamp sludge.). Sure would like Mike Pence to be the number two again! (Just thinking out loud.)(If the Lord doesn't take me home.) It is early and am again, just thinking out loud...

I think Donald Trump may have been the best thing to happen to Ted Cruz.

At the core, I think they stand for mostly the same things.

But Cruz lacked the diverse appeal of Trump, and IMO, seemed a little insincere.

Trump has diversified the party base.
After he wins re-election, the others in the party have to make sure they move with forward with a plan to keep growing the base and not simply revert back to what they were during the Bush/McCain/Romney era.

I do not believe Cruz stood a real chance against Hillary Clinton, but he might be able to win a national election in 2024 if he can build on what Trump has established in Pa, WI, MI, MN, etc.

But Cruz lacked the diverse appeal of Trump, and IMO, seemed a little insincere.

After he wins re-election, the others in the party have to make sure they move with forward with a plan to keep growing the base and not simply revert back to what they were during the Bush/McCain/Romney era.

I hope,

That "globalist" agenda is what has to end for America to again be America. Not sure we have too many politicians that aren't FOR the globalist agenda. That is the issue now.... how to combat the globalist agenda going forward. It will take the people to vote out those who would go global...sigh...

I hope,

That "globalist" agenda is what has to end for America to again be America. Not sure we have too many politicians that aren't FOR the globalist agenda. That is the issue now.... how to combat the globalist agenda going forward. It will take the people to vote out those who would go global...sigh...
Globalism has destroyed the American dream. We have to turn back the clock or kiss America good-bye forever.

The no borders crowd are no borders for a reason.

I do not believe Cruz stood a real chance against Hillary Clinton, but he might be able to win a national election in 2024 if he can build on what Trump has established in Pa, WI, MI, MN, etc.
I hope,

Since we may well be in the middle of it ... hard to see the stitches on the fast ball ... I think we may well be seeing an absolute political earthquake going on. I wouldn't be surprised, as long as Trump wins and the Republican party doesn't go back to the Bush's, Romney, McCains's of the world, that 4-6 years from now the Repubs are the party of working people (including many unions) and significant numbers of minorities.

Dem Mayor Slams Biden, Predicts HUGE Victory for Trump

So I saw a political ad, I think for Biden talking about the national debt being over $27 trillion. So being the math nerd that I am, I did a couple of calculations. A $1 bill is about .004" thick, 6.14" long and 2.61" wide.

So if you stack 27 trillion $1 bills one on top of the other. It would reach over 1.7 million miles into the sky.

If you lined up 27 trillion $1 bills end to end, you could circle the earth over 105,000 times.

Well, the folks that have died or are in intensive care can't vote on this, so it does skew towards those who have survived.

It is never ever about the students. It is always numbers. The more students taking and then retaking courses, the more instructors that are needed. The more instructors you have, the more administration you have to have to manage the instructors. Then somebody has to manage the lower level of administration

Great post. This part jumped out at me. Spot on.

But Cruz lacked the diverse appeal of Trump, and IMO, seemed a little insincere

I agree. I think cruz tried to temper his views in an Uber pc light that is required of any conservative to avoid being cancelled. Trump showed conservatives you don't actually have to do that anymore. You can say something the pc police doesn't agree with.

I really like him now. Although I'm still not sure he could win an election.

ADVERTISEMENT