POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, to sum up what Defense said, big government liberal programs have always been a failure, but if you promise people handouts, and promise that this time the programs won't be a failure, people are stupid enough to support the positions. Just don't let them know they're the liberal positions, because everyone will then know they're destined to fail.

Should the President ordered the flag at the White House to be flown at half staff for the fallen servicemen that were murdered in Chattanooga?

I really can't get past Kasich's Medicaid expansion in OH.

His tax cuts have been great.

But, tax cuts will go out the window long before any big government program expansion can ever be reversed.

I mainly just wanna know how he balanced a state budget while keeping education funding at an all-time high.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380933/rand-paul-blame-bush-not-obama-eliana-johnson
Bush is partly to blame for invading Iraq when he should not have. However when he left office Iraq was very stable. Obama pulled out and left it open, they both are equally to blame, Bush for taking Saddam out, and Obama for pulling out.

My personal opinion of the middle east is this. Get out of the way, and let them kill each other, the strongest wins, then deal with whomever is left standing.

Rand Paul disagrees with you on the blame, but we both agree with you that we should get out of the ME and stay out.

Bush is partly to blame for invading Iraq when he should not have. However when he left office Iraq was very stable. Obama pulled out and left it open, they both are equally to blame, Bush for taking Saddam out, and Obama for pulling out.

My personal opinion of the middle east is this. Get out of the way, and let them kill each other, the strongest wins, then deal with whomever is left standing.
agreed. Unfortunately we'll never be able to leave now and you got your Scott Walker already beating the war drum with Iran. Why do Republicans love to send our men and women into wars that we shouldn't be involved in? Is it little penis syndrome or what?

Crazy time in politics. Reading a story in the WSJ, these two paragraphs are almost back to back:

"Democrats maintain a significant electoral college advantage as shifting U.S. demographics tilt their way. This spring, a Pew Research Center analysis found that 48% of Americans either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 39% who identify with Republicans or lean Republican....

After two presidential victories, Mr. Obama presides over a Democratic Party that has lost 13 seats in the U.S. Senate and 69 in the House during his tenure, a net loss unmatched by any modern U.S. president."
Yeah, it's called gerrymandering. Thankfully the Supreme Court gave the power back to the people. Whether it's done by Dems or Reps, it's bull hockey.

Usually we are skeptical of voter efforts to assume the functions of elected lawmakers. But gerrymandering is a special case because those who were elected through a slanted process have strong incentives to perpetuate that process. The unsurprising result is brazen electoral map manipulation, visible in the contorted districts that Republicans drew in North Carolina and Democrats drew in Maryland, to name just two of many.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...51fc70-1e99-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html

Reactions: Big_Blue79

So you wanted us to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely?

You've obviously not learned anything from the lessons of the Roman Empire, British Empire or more recently Vietnam and the Russian Invasion of Afghanistan. Unless you are willing to stay forever and spend billions upon billions of $$$...at some point you have to leave and allow nations to stand on their own. That part of the world has been a cluster f*@k for a thousand plus years. The thought that we were going to go in, wipe out Saddam and everything would be hunky-dory was nuts. The SMARTEST thing that George Bush (not W) did was to drive the Iraqis out of Kuwait, bloody their nose and then LEAVE. As Normon Schwarzkopf said when explaining why they didn't march into Baghdad...

Q: People always [ask] this--why didn't you go to Baghdad and finish off the job?

Schwarzkopf: On the question of going to Baghdad. If you remember the Vietnam war, we had no international legitimacy for what we did. As a result we, first of all, lost the battle of world public opinion and eventually we lost the battle at home.

In the Gulf War we had great international legitimacy in the form of eight United Nations Resolutions, every one of which said "Kick Iraq out of Kuwait", did not say one word about going into Iraq, taking Baghdad, conquering the whole country and hanging Saddam Hussein. That's point number one.

Point number two, had we gone on to Baghdad, I don't believe the French would have gone and I'm quite sure that the Arab coalition would not have gone, the coalition would have ruptured and the only people that would have gone would have been the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

And, oh by the way, I think we'd still be there, we'd be like a dinosaur in a tar pit, we could not have gotten out and we'd still be the occupying power and we'd be paying one hundred percent of all the costs to administer all of Iraq.

Thirdly, I don't think we could have found Saddam Hussein if we'd done that. We forget the lessons of Panama. We had ten thousand Americans on the ground in Panama before we went into that very small country, we still couldn't find a fellow named Noriega, so what makes you think that we would go into a nation the size of Iraq and be able to find one person who has all the ability in the world to escape and hide and fly out of the country.

But I think, more importantly, there's a strategic consideration. Saddam Hussein portrayed that war from the very beginning as "This is not a war against Iraqi aggression against Kuwait. This is the Western colonial lackey friends of Israel coming in to destroy the only nation that dare stand up to Israel, that is Iraq".

Had we proceeded to go on into Iraq and take all of Iraq, I think that you would have millions of people in that part of the world who would say Saddam was right, that that was the objective.

Instead we went in, we did what the United Nations mandate asked us to do and we left and we didn't ask for anything. We didn't leave permanent military forces over there, we didn't demand territory, we didn't demand bases, and the Arabs became convinced that the West was willing to deal with them evenhandedly which has led directly, in my mind, to the progress that's going on at the peace table an.. between Israel and the Arabs and the Palestinians. It never would have happened if Desert Storm hadn't occurred.

So the bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is that sure, emotionally I would have loved to have gone to Baghdad and grabbed Saddam Hussein, but this was not an emotional decision, it was a strategic decision, and strategically we were smart enough to win the war and win the peace.
*************************************************************************************************

The bottom line is that there was no good way to get out of Iraq once we had essentially destroyed the country.

Yeah, it's called gerrymandering. Thankfully the Supreme Court gave the power back to the people. Whether it's done by Dems or Reps, it's bull hockey.

Usually we are skeptical of voter efforts to assume the functions of elected lawmakers. But gerrymandering is a special case because those who were elected through a slanted process have strong incentives to perpetuate that process. The unsurprising result is brazen electoral map manipulation, visible in the contorted districts that Republicans drew in North Carolina and Democrats drew in Maryland, to name just two of many.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...51fc70-1e99-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html
Gerrymandering has always been with us but what is somewhat new is that computer models have allowed the process to be perfected beyond anyone's imagination. It's high time that common sense be returned to the process and that districts be drawn that truly reflect the populations of every area.

LOL. Of course it's high time gerrymandering be done away with since the pendulum has swung to the right.

Sure, no one should have to provide an ID to vote. And unions should be allowed to by people food and bus them down to polling places to vote for D candidates. And pictures of the D candidates can hang in the polling places. And Black Panthers can stand outside of polling places threatening voters.

But gerrymandering needs to be fixed.

Hero's don't advocate and support the beheading of women and children.

You have a source for this? I would pay good money for a quote, from John McCain, advocating for the beheading of women and children. But there isn't one, because while your intentions may be solid (there are huge problems with the MI complex and its supporters), your methods and specific attacks are hot garbage like always.

Really Obama created ISIS? How about the huge vacuum that your boy Bush left in Iraq? ISIS morphed out of Al Queda in Iraq which wouldn't have even been there if not for Bushy. Bush has as much blood on his hands as anyone. His time in office created a complete cluster out of the ME. Which is pretty impressive considering what a cluster it has always been.

It's not just Bush and Obama, it's most American administrations since 1945 or so. We've been a major player in the ME for 70 years. But, yes, power abhors a vacuum.

Obama finally decided to lower the flags at half-staff after all the criticism. Of course, Ramadan is over so he decides do this so as not to offend Muslims. We get it Obama, you are indeed a Muslim and cares not about the fine men and women of the military who have lost their lives, some of which are protecting you. He can color the White House with color after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage but could not do it for the men and country who died tragically in Chattanooga. Has he talked about the woman who got killed in San Diego by an illegal immigrant? Of course, he hasn't but he sure wants to talk about Freddie Gray and Treyvon Martin. It shows who he really cares about.

LOL. Of course it's high time gerrymandering be done away with since the pendulum has swung to the right.

Sure, no one should have to provide an ID to vote. And unions should be allowed to by people food and bus them down to polling places to vote for D candidates. And pictures of the D candidates can hang in the polling places. And Black Panthers can stand outside of polling places threatening voters.

But gerrymandering needs to be fixed.
Not a mention of the robo calls telling people the polling places/times have been changed, or throwing legitimate voters of the voting rolls as they did in Florida in 2000? No mention of that? I know Republicans believe themselves above reproach, but my God you are a delusional partisan tool bag.

Personally, I've never been for gerrymandering. It goes against everything that is right with our democracy. I hope we start to see all 50 states take up the independent councils to create natural districts. Breaking up minority districts to better your chance of winning is un-American. Or maybe it is purely American.

Not a mention of the robo calls telling people the polling places/times have been changed, or throwing legitimate voters of the voting rolls as they did in Florida in 2000? No mention of that? I know Republicans believe themselves above reproach, but my God you are a delusional partisan tool bag.

Personally, I've never been for gerrymandering. It goes against everything that is right with our democracy. I hope we start to see all 50 states take up the independent councils to create natural districts. Breaking up minority districts to better your chance of winning is un-American. Or maybe it is purely American.

Is anyone actually claiming robo calls to tell people voting times should be changed should be allowed? Did anyone on here defend that? Is anyone defending throwing out legitimate votes?

If so, they're idiots.

Just like the idiots who defended everything I mentioned in my post on Catspause.

I for one am happy you've come around to protecting the voting process. I'm sure that means you think we should require IDs to vote, correct? And that people shouldn't be bussed to polling places by unions providing lunches for votes? And that intimidation tactics shouldn't be used at polling places?

Or no. As long as we don't check people's identity when voting, we can keep the statistics of voter fraud low, and claim voter fraud isn't a problem at all, and that ensuring the proper identity of the person voting does nothing to protect the voting process.

For those that are pro-abortion, take a look at the undercover videos taken where Planned Parenthood executives and a doctor talk about negotiating for baby body parts and what to sell them for. These people are sitting at restaurants eating and drinking and laughing about this. I hope that these videos continue to come out so that people can see that Planned Parenthood is not as they claim to be. These people at PP are absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: P19978
For those that are pro-abortion, take a look at the undercover videos taken where Planned Parenthood executives and a doctor talk about negotiating for baby body parts and what to sell them for. These people are sitting at restaurants eating and drinking and laughing about this. I hope that these videos continue to come out so that people can see that Planned Parenthood is not as they claim to be. These people at PP are absolutely disgusting.

Wait. How can baby parts get priced when an abortion won't allow them to grow?

Wait. How can baby parts get priced when an abortion won't allow them to grow?

Because these abortions are performed late in the pregnancy and the organs are perfectly formed. In the video, this doctor talks about crushing certain parts of the body but making sure that the body parts (liver, muscle) are preserved so they can be sold. Take a look at the videos and see for yourself.

Because these abortions are performed late in the pregnancy and the organs are perfectly formed. In the video, this doctor talks about crushing certain parts of the body but making sure that the body parts (liver, muscle) are preserved so they can be sold. Take a look at the videos and see for yourself.

Link it. Late term abortions are illegal. Just like Christians blowing up abortion clinics who conspire on church grounds to commit acts of domestic terrorism.

Link it. Late term abortions are illegal. Just like Christians blowing up abortion clinics who conspire on church grounds to commit acts of domestic terrorism.

Gosnell performed late term abortions - even though they were illegal

I don't blame gerrymandering for losing the Senate and House so much as I give credit to Repubs for flat out getting to the pols for the Midterms. Democrats and swing voting independents show up in far fewer numbers than they do in Presidential election years. But that's also one of the reasons Repubs have lost the popular vote for the White House 5 out of the last 6 cycles, and have a steep mountain to climb in '16.

And these people should also for selling baby parts and reaping the money.

But apparently if it's for research it's completely legal. So what's the problem here? In the video it mentions "for research". And if it's "for research" it's completely legal. So why don't you gather your flock of hens from Sunday school class and go protest it?

You're allowed to "sell" the tissues/organs/whatever as long as you don't turn a profit off of it.

Related: A doc got sued for something like $500k because she was making fun of a patient while he was sedated yet clandestinely recording what was going on.

I have no research to back this up, but if abortions were outlawed, the U.S would be close to $50 trillion in debt.

Reactions: jamo0001
But apparently if it's for research it's completely legal. So what's the problem here? In the video it mentions "for research". And if it's "for research" it's completely legal. So why don't you gather your flock of hens from Sunday school class and go protest it?

Of course, they are saying it is for research. It is AGAINST THE LAW to sell body parts - that is what they are doing under the guise of 'research'.

You're allowed to "sell" the tissues/organs/whatever as long as you don't turn a profit off of it.

Related: A doc got sued for something like $500k because she was making fun of a patient while he was sedated yet clandestinely recording what was going on.

They do turn a profit for these things.

I have no research to back this up, but if abortions were outlawed, the U.S would be close to $50 trillion in debt.

What does one have to do with the other. Abortions are outlawed in some states while others allow them. We would have a lot more people that would contribute to the economy. Ask the mothers who have had abortions and now are sorry they did. The abortion industry (Planned Parenthood) is making a profit off of abortions - plain and simple.

Of course, they are saying it is for research. It is AGAINST THE LAW to sell body parts - that is what they are doing under the guise of 'research'.

Kinda paranoid, don't ya think?

Do you have evidence of where its going and what this fetal tissue is being used for other than research?

I mean I'm going to be pissed if I find out fetal tissue rejuvenates my aging skin and its being held secret.

What does one have to do with the other. Abortions are outlawed in some states while others allow them. We would have a lot more people that would contribute to the economy. Ask the mothers who have had abortions and now are sorry they did. The abortion industry (Planned Parenthood) is making a profit off of abortions - plain and simple.

That's BS. Since abortions are highly done by poors, its more than likely there will be generational poverty. The same kind of generational poverty Bill Cosby posts on here. The same generational poverty that our gov't would give money too on the backs of tax payers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT