ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Ament cancels upcoming visit this week 8/28

Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

I’d be surprised if Ament doesn’t reschedule. Probably for Madness.

I hope you end up being correct. We were really recruiting him hard and then we suddenly stopped watching him, no news on his recruitment the past couple weeks, some rumors, and now this. It looks as though he informed the staff he’s not coming, or we didn’t make his final list. The other reason could be the staff decided to go in another direction. It’s all speculation, but usually when these things happens it’s because of a reason like this.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Maybe pope is very confident in Caleb Wilson or the cenak kid. Or, like osobor, the ask on NIL was way too high. We don't know, but if true we backed off contact with him there has to be a reason.
I hope so, Cenac is a fantastic player and so is Wilson. I just felt like Ament really fits the offense well. He’s very versatile.

Reactions: NerlensCat
That sucks no matter what anyone says. Canceled visits are lost opportunities period.
It is typical for some Kentucky fans to find something that sucks. We have no idea about how any of these recruits will actually produce until they play. So, the notion of thinking that we need one vs another is no less a guess than with Wagner. It wasn't too long ago when we thought we just had to have Wagner, and most thought getting him was more important than signing Shepard. Not!!

Last edited:
One player doesn't make or break UK any season. Said the same thing if we didnt/don't get johnson too. UK needs some high level talent to win big though and Pope has to find the right players to make it work.

I'm not gonna lie I really like Ament, Yessoufou, Mullins and Jasper in that order. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors I just hope Ament isn't out for us. I don't think Nate is a make or break recruit I just think he would be a really good player at the 4 for us next year. I don't know if a lot of people know but Yessoufou is only about 6-6 215 but plays the 4 and I don't think we could go wrong with either. I hope we get one of them next year. If you look at our roster makeup next year we really won't have anyone coming back to play the 4. Garrison and Moreno are post centers and everyone else is a combo guard or wing. That's why I really wanted Ament and/or Yessoufou.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT