POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man poor trump getting a lot of propagandized grief over his McCain remarks, It's too bad really because other than Obama there is no one that is more terrible than him in Government. McCain, along with this administration created ISIS, armed them, handed over billions in US amour to them- encourages them to create as much terror as possible all the while making sure they never run out of ammo, destroyed the VA, has the blood of thousands of US kids on his hands as well as millions of innocent Arabs and others in Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc...if that is what the media and others call a 'war hero' then god help us all.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I keep waiting for qwesley to address this one...
Well pardon me fuzzyq, been working today and have not researched it any. Why don't you address paying Brady?
I am highly dubious of any argument that private companies are as easy to defraud as the govt but insurance, since costs are just passed on, likely have few incentives to have tight cost controls. If our govt gives you that much optimism it is highly likely you still have a Hope poster hanging.

The Swiftboat campaign was a disgusting political attempt to discredit a man that served honorable, risked his life in combat and received two bronze stars and a silver star. He was completed exonerated of the slanderous political ads by a 9 year thorough investigation conducted by the Swift Boat Veterans for truth.

It would be interesting to know the names of those that are attacking Trump, that earlier support this type of gutter politics.

Interestingly McCain stoop up for Kerry during the campaign by denouncing those ads, even though he was obviously on the other side of the election.

So, where was your outrage when Reid spread lies about Romney? Was that not a disgusting political attempt to slander a man who was paying his taxes? Also, Do white lives matter to the left? Is this not a disgusting display of racism? When is the left going to be held responsible for their actions?

"As someone who truly understandis the risk of standing up for something, I simply cannot express in words how much I value their willingness to stand up against John Kerry."

That quote is from then Florida Governor Jeb Bush, thanking Swift Boater members for their smear campaign. By "the risk of standing up" Jeb must have been referring to his executive order to have Terrie Schiavo's feeding tube reinserted.
You want to rag on the right so, how do you feel about the questions I ask Dee. There is hate and lies spread on both sides but, where is your outrage on them? I disagree as do many Republicans on what Trump said. He needs to apologize for that period.

You want to rag on the right so, how do you feel about the questions I ask Dee. There is hate and lies spread on both sides but, where is you outrage on them? I disagree as do many Republicans on what Trump said. He needs to apologize for that period.

So you think McCain is a 'hero'? Dear god....that is as bad as calling Wesley Clark a hero or Bill Clinton a hero. They are NOT hero's- they are criminals. Trump better stick to his guns on this because he is more right than even he knows.

McCain is terrible but inferring POWs can't be heroes is just terrible.
PUP I thought you like your pols shirtless riding bears? How was Crimea?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
So you think McCain is a 'hero'? Dear god....that is as bad as calling Wesley Clark a hero or Bill Clinton a hero. They are NOT hero's- they are criminals. Trump better stick to his guns on this because he is more right than even he knows.
if you don't think McCain's time as a POW under the Viet touching Cong isn't worthy of admiration, you can kindly GFY.

Although I am typically always a supporter of conservative candidates, Trump is an idiot and made even more so recently for his baseless deconstruction of John McCain's military fame. The resultant and tired Vietnam era McCain vs. Kerry arguments are like bread mold.

The best conservative candidate, the one who has the best chance of winning the Presidency, will announce his candidacy tomorrow.

You want to rag on the right so, how do you feel about the questions I ask Dee. There is hate and lies spread on both sides but, where is your outrage on them? I disagree as do many Republicans on what Trump said. He needs to apologize for that period.
I probably don't pay enough attention to what other people say to Dee to form an opinion, but I agree there is all kinds of blame to go around for the ills of this country. I trust Dems more than Repubs, but voted for Johnson in '12. I certainly won't be voting for Jeb, the hypocrite, who I assume will be the Republican nominee.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/politics/jeb-bush-swift-boat-veterans/

You misunderstood. I am not calling anyone a hero here but, you cannot take away his service and his suffering. I do not like McCain for what he has been doing lately (or trying to) to veterans benefits. I don't disagree with your stance on his record in the ME. I just don't think Trump should have gone that route.

if you don't think McCain's time as a POW under the Viet touching Cong isn't worthy of admiration, you can kindly GFY.

F**k McCain, they VC should have kept him! Would have helped save thousands of American and millions of foreign lives. McCain would have NO PROBLEM using your son as cannon fodder to help prop up the military industrial complex. Like I said, if that is what makes a 'hero' of a person then I guess germans should view all the evil nazis captured during ww2 as 'hero's', and the members of the Khmer Rouge that were captured should be considered 'hero's'. Screw that- Hero's don't advocate and support the beheading of women and children and the sending of americans soldiers into situations they should NEVER be in knowing they are going to be killed. Obviously we have two different definitions of what a hero is.

I probably don't pay enough attention to what other people say to Dee to form an opinion, but I agree there is all kinds of blame to go around for the ills of this country. I trust Dems more than Repubs, but voted for Johnson in '12. I certainly won't be voting for Jeb, the hypocrite, who I assume will be the Republican nominee.

Did not ask that, I ask where is your outrage against Reid, and for that matter Hillary for Bengazi? Lets be fair here. Your bias for the left seems to have you excusing their actions while blasting those on the right. Why shouldn't we blast all of the liars and start making them answer for their deceptions.

Your next "blame" post at a Dem will be your first. Tmfs.

You misunderstood. I am not calling anyone a hero here but, you cannot take away his service and his suffering. I do not like McCain for what he has been doing lately (or trying to) to veterans benefits. I don't disagree with your stance on his record in the ME. I just don't think Trump should have gone that route.

McCain survived his time in the 'hole' unlike the thousands of American soldiers that didn't survive that he sent to fight for his buddies in the MIC. Hero? Again, criminal is a more accurate description for someone like him.

McCain is terrible but inferring POWs can't be heroes is just terrible.
PUP I thought you like your pols shirtless riding bears? How was Crimea?

Crimea is an oasis from eastern ukraine that is coming under increasing fascist control from svoboda and other american supported neo-nazis.

F**k McCain, they VC should have kept him! Would have helped save thousands of American and millions of foreign lives. McCain would have NO PROBLEM using your son as cannon fodder to help prop up the military industrial complex. Like I said, if that is what makes a 'hero' of a person then I guess germans should view all the evil nazis captured during ww2 as 'hero's', and the members of the Khmer Rouge that were captured should be considered 'hero's'. Screw that- Hero's don't advocate and support the beheading of women and children and the sending of americans soldiers into situations they should NEVER be in knowing they are going to be killed. Obviously we have two different definitions of what a hero is.

gfy with something in the medium caliber sizes

and these idiot necons and even more idiotic liberals spewing these lies about this man just goes to show how uneducated the american public has become. One thing is for sure, the members of the US military agree with Trump 100%- they know they were used so these Demons can reap profit from their blood, sweat and tears, and the murder for profit ring they have going on the central asia.

So, where was your outrage when Reid spread lies about Romney? Was that not a disgusting political attempt to slander a man who was paying his taxes? Also, Do white lives matter to the left? Is this not a disgusting display of racism? When is the left going to be held responsible for their actions?

You post is off topic. We're talking about politicians who served in the military especially those that were in combat being trashed by political opponents. Regardless if its McCain, Kerry or anyone else, it's disgusting.

If you want to start getting into every cheap shot that was ever taken against a politician by another politician it would fill up a library. But I'll answer you on the Reid allegation about Romeny's taxes. I said then and I'll say it now, it was a stupid statement, becasue no one other than Romney and his accountant know how much he paid in taxes, and they still don't.

Do you actually think I'm going to defend that spectacle at the Netroots event? I keep telling you I'm center/left politically not far left, yet you keep asking me to defend far left positions.

And one thing i will say about John Kerry is he is more of a hero than McCain despite the fact kerry grenaded himself in the ass and got a purple heart for it.

You post is off topic. We're talking about politicians who served in the military especially those that were in combat being trashed by political opponents. Regardless if its McCain, Kerry or anyone else, it's disgusting.

If you want to start getting into every cheap shot that was ever taken against a politician by another politician it would fill up a library. But I'll answer you on the Reid allegation about Romeny's taxes. I said then and I'll say it now, it was a stupid statement, becasue no one other than Romney and his accountant know how much he paid in taxes, and they still don't.

Do you actually think I'm going to defend that spectacle at the Netroots event? I keep telling you I'm center/left politically not far left, yet you keep asking me to defend far left positions.
Bad attempt at deflection. It is not off topic in the political forum especially when you attack someone on one side for doing something you consider disgusting while seeming giving others a pass. Also, you keep spouting off center left but your posting suggest otherwise.

Bad attempt at deflection. It is not off topic in the political forum especially when you attack someone on one side for doing something you consider disgusting while seeming giving others a pass. Also, you keep spouting off center left but your posting suggest otherwise.

?? I just got through saying attacks on Kerry, McCain their BOTH disgusting

feel free to attack me on something I actually said, but don't attack me on things you just assume I think becasue you'll be wrong at least half the time, especially if you are talking about far left nuts at netroots.

v13.jpg

'Merican Hero

?? I just got through saying attacks on Kerry, McCain their BOTH disgusting

feel free to attack me on something I actually said, but don't attack me on things you just assume I think becasue you'll be wrong at least half the time, especially if you are talking about far left nuts at netroots.
Not assuming anything. Just commenting on the silence from you and others in the past when Dems say stupid things and are not held accountable.

Not assuming anything. Just commenting on the silence from you and others in the past when Dems say stupid things and are not held accountable.

People would be MORE shocked if the Dems said something intelligent. People expect them to say dumb sh*t.

I've never defended Reid or Pelosi on this board, and didn't know I was being held accountable to single out them or any other Dem for criticism. As I have said before, I did vote for Johnson because I didn't like the way the ACA was shoved through, and that should speak volumes. For the most part your side is silent, too. I can't really give anyone on the right credit for criticizing Trump because he's damaging your brand, what else are you going to do?

I think you need to go back and read about the Swiftboat controversy now that the dust has settled and the Pentagon has done its investigations. It was purely political and not based in fact.

+1. I hardly ever venture into the political thread, but tonight I was a little bored.

Back in the 90s, I worked in the same office building, same company, as one of the swift boat accusers. He was a total sociopath.

WaPo's July 20th debate standings, per Real Clear Politics polling data

16.8 Trump
14.8 Bush
9.7 Walker
6.2 Rubio
6.1 Paul
6.1 Huckabee
5.8 Carson

5.1 Cruz
2.9 Christie
2.5 Perry
------------
1.8 Santorum
1.5 Kasich
1.4 Jindal
0.7 Fiorina
0.5 Graham
0.5 Pataki

it'll be a shame if those three are on the stage but not Kasich or Fiorina (Pataki as well, but he might as well be in the Democratic debates)

Last edited:
Man poor trump getting a lot of propagandized grief over his McCain remarks, It's too bad really because other than Obama there is no one that is more terrible than him in Government. McCain, along with this administration created ISIS, armed them, handed over billions in US amour to them- encourages them to create as much terror as possible all the while making sure they never run out of ammo, destroyed the VA, has the blood of thousands of US kids on his hands as well as millions of innocent Arabs and others in Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc...if that is what the media and others call a 'war hero' then god help us all.
Really Obama created ISIS? How about the huge vacuum that your boy Bush left in Iraq? ISIS morphed out of Al Queda in Iraq which wouldn't have even been there if not for Bushy. Bush has as much blood on his hands as anyone. His time in office created a complete cluster out of the ME. Which is pretty impressive considering what a cluster it has always been.

The fact that everyone has raised the definition of war hero with the fuhrer donald trump is pitiful. It shouldn't matter what someone did at a time of war. They could be a a cook or on the infantry in my opion you are a hero. Theres no rank for hero. Anyone who goes to war for our country and will sacrifice for our way of living is a hero in my opinion. Donald trump is a godsend to the democrats. If you remember 1988 Dukakis V. Bush be ready to see part / If somehow trump pays his way for the nomination lol. (I still can't beieve I said that) I can't wait till trump has to have a town hall type meeting and speak directly to veterans who took his comments personal. It will look similar to the mitt Romney face after he was blasted in the debates.

Really Obama created ISIS? How about the huge vacuum that your boy Bush left in Iraq? ISIS morphed out of Al Queda in Iraq which wouldn't have even been there if not for Bushy. Bush has as much blood on his hands as anyone. His time in office created a complete cluster out of the ME. Which is pretty impressive considering what a cluster it has always been.

Bush is partly to blame for invading Iraq when he should not have. However when he left office Iraq was very stable. Obama pulled out and left it open, they both are equally to blame, Bush for taking Saddam out, and Obama for pulling out.

My personal opinion of the middle east is this. Get out of the way, and let them kill each other, the strongest wins, then deal with whomever is left standing.

Crazy time in politics. Reading a story in the WSJ, these two paragraphs are almost back to back:

"Democrats maintain a significant electoral college advantage as shifting U.S. demographics tilt their way. This spring, a Pew Research Center analysis found that 48% of Americans either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 39% who identify with Republicans or lean Republican....

After two presidential victories, Mr. Obama presides over a Democratic Party that has lost 13 seats in the U.S. Senate and 69 in the House during his tenure, a net loss unmatched by any modern U.S. president."

Interesting that nearly twice as many people in this country self-identify as conservative vs liberal (not quite twice, but close to it, and it's been that way since the late 1960s), and yet ask people if they identify as Ds or Rs, and Democrats always have a comfortable margin.....

Ask anyone on this board to self Identify and the registered D's will claim to be "moderates" and the R's will likely give you a much longer explanation about being fiscally conservative and not giving a shit about the social issues.

If there's anything I've learned from Catspause, the liberals (who I've read thousands of posts from and know their positions) will support the leftist positions when it matters (when bills are being voted on or candidates are being elected), but will claim they don't support those positions when it's just an abstract policy discussion.

At least some of the registered R's on here will call the R party out for it's bullshit.

Reactions: drawing_dead
How about the huge vacuum that your boy Bush left in Iraq?
Get tf out of here with that crap. May work in the HuffPo comment section but not here. IT WAS IN LAWS ALL READY OBAMA COULDNT CHANGE IT......ummm, Obes has ignored any law he wanted to. We need to start a list?

The SOF agreement could've been altered or ignored on the whim of a Barack Obama fart.

Crazy time in politics. Reading a story in the WSJ, these two paragraphs are almost back to back:

"Democrats maintain a significant electoral college advantage as shifting U.S. demographics tilt their way. This spring, a Pew Research Center analysis found that 48% of Americans either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 39% who identify with Republicans or lean Republican....

After two presidential victories, Mr. Obama presides over a Democratic Party that has lost 13 seats in the U.S. Senate and 69 in the House during his tenure, a net loss unmatched by any modern U.S. president."

Gerrymandering

The Pubs still have a big advantage in control of state legislatures.

...North Carolina's congressional delegation...

Interesting that nearly twice as many people in this country self-identify as conservative vs liberal (not quite twice, but close to it, and it's been that way since the late 1960s), and yet ask people if they identify as Ds or Rs, and Democrats always have a comfortable margin.....

I think the reason for this is the term "liberal" took on a negative connotation back in the Johnson era that is still valid today. "War on poverty" big government giveaway programs that for the most part were a failure.
But when people are polled on issues that are generally categorized as "liberal" today such as raising the min wage, universal health care, and consumer protection the majority support these positions.
So people like the positions but not the label.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT