POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And both have daughters who will carry the Torch of Hate once these two check out of this world. Their hate will continue

91429688_217810869632482_3875509378144534528_n.jpg

Reactions: blubo
So far all the people here who have tried to downplay this pandemic from the start have been shown to be wrong. Even the ones who now are grudgingly admitting there is a healthcare issue at hand are still unconvinced of the severity and risk of this virus. They continue to view the virus through political lenses.

I'm starting to seriously question what the world will look like in 6 months. It's either ****ing Mad Max type shit or what we have now. There is no middle ground IMO.

Absolutely. It would be nice if our leaders came up with some criteria to turn the faucet back on. With all levels of government being so cautious, nobody is going to have the balls to take that first step.

It is funny that Matt Jones comes out with a derogatory book on the Senate Majority Leader at the time he has guided one of the most important bills in the financial history of America. With ZERO no votes in the Senate to pass it. I wonder if Mr Jones will accept the funds this bill provides for his bar? Surely not. How do you accept funds under those circumstances.

mitch-please.jpg

So far all the people here who have tried to downplay this pandemic from the start have been shown to be wrong. Even the ones who now are grudgingly admitting there is a healthcare issue at hand are still unconvinced of the severity and risk of this virus. They continue to view the virus through political lenses.

...and those who have projected this to be the end of the world are consistently building up the crisis in hopes it turns into one huge morgue. They continue to view the virus through political lenses.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO

Meanwhile, various posts from one of our resident "smart folks" over the past couple weeks......

People who can't admit how badly Trump has handle the Corona virus a few days ago were trying the we should all unite gambit never having admitted the truth and today are saying ignore him. They must be running out of energy propping up lies and misdirection for their leader who has failed miserably.

Donald Trump was briefed about Corona virus almost 3 months ago—and chose to ignore it.

The Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others. ..

Levi, should we charge you fees for reading your drivel?

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
It is funny that Matt Jones comes out with a derogatory book on the Senate Majority Leader at the time he has guided one of the most important bills in the financial history of America. With ZERO no votes in the Senate to pass it. I wonder if Mr Jones will accept the funds this bill provides for his bar? Surely not. How do you accept funds under those circumstances.

MJ is truly the poster boy for the "look at me" syndrome, in hopes people view him as important as he believes he is.

Perhaps his best isn't good enough
When you have somebody like George Soros lining your pockets there is no such thing as cutting slack. Trump himself could have discovered the cure and vaccine and they would find ways to spin it in a negative light. You got a taste of that when he dared mention there was hope for some drugs that were showing promises of working.

From Fact check:
Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: “And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: “Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

...and those who have projected this to be the end of the world are consistently building up the crisis in hopes it turns into one huge morgue. They continue to view the virus through political lenses.
Well I'm not one of those people so your remark is as useless as it is arbitrary.

Phil this was mostly a shot at Air Raid thinking only 1500 would die when we are already at 1,000 early in the process. I don't want anyone to die but it's gonna happen.
I’m gonna put the Over/under at about 11k. We aren’t dying off at the same clip as Italy. Why people continue to compare us to them is beyond me. We will probably catch up with or surpass Italy in cases in the next day or so by they will still have 6-7 times more deaths.

I’m gonna put the Over/under at about 11k. We aren’t dying off at the same clip as Italy. Why people continue to compare us to them is beyond me. We will probably catch up with or surpass Italy in cases in the next day or so by they will still have 6-7 times more deaths.
I'm revising my COVID-19 fatality estimate from 1,500 to 9,500.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Meanwhile, various posts from one of our resident "smart folks" over the past couple weeks......

Levi, should we charge you fees for reading your drivel?

Speaking of drivel. Sir you're a trained apologist. Your idea of making an argument is trying to belittle those you disagree with. You're weak on almost any subject because you wear massive blinders and refuse any information that does not support your desired story-line. Ever since January when this virus story became big news you have ignored the increasing consequences for the pathetic job Trump has done and is doing because and only because of your political predilections. During that time of avoidance of the facts you have posted nothing I can remember that actually addresses the reality that is unfolding crisis in front of you. Your are a person in denial as much as any addict and worse an apologist for this supremely incompetent boor: a draft dodger who is touting himself as a "war time President". That is an insult to every American who has sacrificed for this country. There is not a drop of honor to be found there.

I'm revising my COVID-19 fatality estimate from 1,500 to 9,500.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think between 5-10k. Honestly didn't factor in how shockingly stupid young people were. Their dumb a$$es are going to double the figure because they can't stop being idiots.

Even if it's that it's still a fraction of flu season and still stupid

Speaking of drivel. Sir you're a trained apologist. Your idea of making an argument is trying to belittle those you disagree with. You're weak on almost any subject because you wear massive blinders and refuse any information that does not support your desired story-line. Ever since January when this virus story became big news you have ignored the increasing consequences for the pathetic job Trump has done and is doing because and only because of your political predilections. During that time of avoidance of the facts you have posted nothing I can remember that actually addresses the reality that is unfolding crisis in front of you. Your are a person in denial as much as any addict and worse an apologist for this supremely incompetent boor: a draft dodger who is touting himself as a "war time President". That is an insult to every American who has sacrificed for this country. There is not a drop of honor to be found there.
Thank you for yet another critique that reads more like a denunciation.

You are again dismissed.

I think between 5-10k. Honestly didn't factor in how shockingly stupid young people were. Their dumb a$$es are going to double the figure because they can't stop being idiots.

Even if it's that it's still a fraction of flu season and still stupid
The sad thing is the liberals are rooting and cheering for a high fatality rate. They want it as much as they wanted us to believe the Russia hoax. They tried so hard to make a lie believable. They failed.

Liberals do not value life. Death to them is good because in their mind, it reduces the population and saves the planet. They abort babies because they do not want children to be born. "Save the planet" is their motto and that means death for humans because we pollute. Our footprint will destroy the earth. So we see a liberal cheering when death rates go up. It is who they are. Life is not of value to them. Except their little circle.

If I had the stomach to sift through booty posts / I didn't think he was an actual npc, I'd find his first post of virus concern. Guaranteed the content was anti Trump and was very late.

The virus wasn't big news in January, the impeachment was. You accuse people of looking at it through a political lens, and then post quotes from the President going back 2 months?

Clearly, Trump took the virus seriously before anyone else in leadership did in the States, he blocked travel from China and the CDC declared a national health emergency. The WHO as late as January 14 said the disease wasn't transferrable between humans.

The virus is serious, it doesn't warrant the response we're currently implementing, that's my opinion.

Morning shmoe on msnbc calling trump a “liar” for saying that the us has tested more people in eight days than s korea has tested in eight weeks.
Actually dr deborah birx said that at yesterday’s breifing and trump was only repeating what she had just told him, accurate or not.
The hatred for this president by the media is mind boggling.

People here can post all day long in efforts to belittle me. Impotent juvenile claptrap! That contains not a wit of intellect or information. People in denial for politics sake have just as hard of time facing the fact this President presided over a government that disassembled the very protections Americans need at this moment, and is currently failing miserably. Secondly they ignore the disagreement nearly every expert in healthcare and pandemic response has with what Trump says on a near daily basis. It is just as telling that people get so alarmed by unemployment numbers after ignoring increasing numbers of infections and deaths for months.

People here can post all day long in efforts to belittle me. Impotent juvenile claptrap! That contains not a wit of intellect or information. People in denial for politics sake have just as hard of time facing the fact this President presided over a government that disassembled the very protections Americans need at this moment, and is currently failing miserably. Secondly they ignore the disagreement nearly every expert in healthcare and pandemic response has with what Trump says on a near daily basis. It is just as telling that people get so alarmed by unemployment numbers after ignoring increasing numbers of infections and deaths for months.

What protections were disassembled? No one is ignoring anything, more people aren’t infected, more tests have been given.

How is Trump failing currently?

Despite the best efforts of the Obama Administration, over 60 million people contacted the H1N1 virus with 12,500 deaths. It’s a darn shame that instead of coming together and finding solutions during the Coronavirus, people chose to point fingers because of politics.

Last edited:
Morning shmoe on msnbc calling trump a “liar” for saying that the us has tested more people in eight days than s korea has tested in eight weeks.
Actually dr deborah birx said that at yesterday’s breifing and trump was only repeating what she had just told him, accurate or not.
Joe Scarborough and his crew are the worst on TV. The very bottom of the food chain and have the same value to society as the virus. He is a bitter man

It’s not is the problem. It’s just the norm on steroids. We had nearly 8 years (parts of 9/11 being the exception) of most MSM disliking Bush and telling us everything he did was dumb, followed by 8 years of most MSM fawning and slobbering over Obama; telling us the man walked on water. Now we’ve had nearly 4 years of orange man bad. No credit given at any time. Just hate, whining, and loathing no matter what he does.

Be nice to go back to a time where media just reported the news rather than giving us their slanted opinions.

As I've stated in several posts, I don't like this bill.

1) If you pass legislation that says that if you are laid off due to this virus situation, that you no longer have to be seeking employment to receive unemployment benefits.

2) If you then pass legislation that will pay most of the individuals who were laid off(service sector) benefits that will pay them much more to not work ($600wk on top of their unemployment benefit)

3)How will the small business owners find people to work for less than $20-$24hr? How can they afford that? How can the rest of us afford to pay that small business(restaurant or whatever) for goods or services at the cost that the business may need to charge if he has to pay such an increase in labor costs?

Maybe if most of the businesses are able to call all of the people that they laid off back to work, there won't be enough who will be able to take advantage of this to affect the labor market very much.

If what has been reported is true, then 1 & 2 are factual.
Number 3 is hypothetical as of now, but what if that is the scenario that will exist. The labor market was tight before. (good)

This may not amount to anything more than some people being able to stay home and make more money than they did working or it may change the small business landscape drastically.

Just throwing this out there. Thoughts?

The virus wasn't big news in January, the impeachment was. You accuse people of looking at it through a political lens, and then post quotes from the President going back 2 months?

Clearly, Trump took the virus seriously before anyone else in leadership did in the States, he blocked travel from China and the CDC declared a national health emergency. The WHO as late as January 14 said the disease wasn't transferrable between humans.

The virus is serious, it doesn't warrant the response we're currently implementing, that's my opinion.
And the press was not taking the virus seriously in January. Read the stories out of the New York Times and Washington Post. They were belittling anyone who brought attention to what was happening in China.

3.2 million in one week is something to be alarmed about. We can be thankful we have President Trump in the White House because he understands the importance of a nation being at work. He will have us up and running faster than any other politician will and you will be the better for it.

Despite the best efforts of the Obama Administration, over 60 million people contacted the H1N1 virus with 12,500 deaths. It’s a damn shame that instead of coming together and finding solutions during the Coronavirus, people chose to point fingers because of politics.
Listening to cunningham show yesterday on wlw it was reported that dr fauci had said deaths in the h1n1 epidemic were probably closer to 30,000 because of the way cause of death was listed on death certificates. Saying many of cod were listed as heart failure, myocardial infarction etc., instead of directly indicating h1n1 as cod.

In 2004 I injured both shoulders at work and had to have surgery. Company gave me my full pay plus I was receiving Workmen’s Comp while recovering at home. Got to admit I got used to it and it was hard to go back to work but I did. I don’t see unemployment benefits ending after 4 months.

I went to bed early last night. I just saw it passed 96-0. Anyone else feel this confirms this bill is going to be more atrocious than we initially thought?

Absolutely. It means everyone got what they want. No wonder it was trillions of dollars.

Good news is we will find out every slimy thing that benefits a gop member. Bad news we'll never know the slimy stuff that benefits a DNC member.

2) If you then pass legislation that will pay most of the individuals who were laid off(service sector) benefits that will pay them much more to not work ($600wk on top of their unemployment benefit

You won't. It's universal basic income more or less and needs vetod. He can't do it because of optics especially with 96-0.

I wish he'd line out a bunch of stuff and make them sue. Ya it's unconstitutional but at least would preserve immediate relief while exposing scum for what they are when they file suit to enforce. If they even would

I keep thinking back to the Hong Kong (is that racist?...don't care) Flu of the late 60s....because I had it.
Estimated that 1,000,000 worldwide died from it...and....100,000 in the USA. Yet no businesses were closed and no mass hysteria reporting. And Richard Nixon was POTUS who the media hated, but it also shows how much farther the media has moved in their hatred towards certain politicians....and how they report it.

On one hand, very blessed me and my wife make enough money and secure enough jobs not to qualify for the government check, but on the other hand frustrating I have to write a sizable check on top of what we have already paid in taxes just to see the government piss it away. I get why they have to send this money out during this time but I have zero confidence the government will execute it properly and once the bill is fully reviewed it will be incredible the amount of waste added to appease these scumbags and their lobbyists, donors, special interest, etc. Heck, would not shock me if we get a $10k check out of nowhere just because its the government doing this.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT