POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daily new deaths in US, 3/18-21, are pretty flat: 41; 57; 49; 46. Maybe the curve is bending?
How/When are they going to lift the restrictions? At what point will it be safe in everyone’s eyes? Is corona just going to disappear because we shut the country down for two weeks/two months/3 months etc? I understand they are telling everyone the flatten the curve to not overwhelm the medical system but at this rate how long is it going to take and at what price?

Well,well… after days of watching the website that list the coronavirus stats and seeing the number or those listed in serious/critical condition less than or slightly higher than the deaths(which makes zero sense), today the number listed in serious/critical condition has risen to 708 in the US.
Wishing only the best for those folks.

German fatality number actually declined by 1, but will undoubtedly rise again.. Probably an error by the hospital.

How/When are they going to lift the restrictions? At what point will it be safe in everyone’s eyes? Is corona just going to disappear because we shut the country down for two weeks/two months/3 months etc? I understand they are telling everyone the flatten the curve to not overwhelm the medical system but at this rate how long is it going to take and at what price?
Good question.

ETtuG7PXsAAkKfa

I always thought when a national crisis hit (much less a global one) Americans would rally together and try get through it together, much like we did on 9/11.

Here we are in another. Yet it’s business as usual. Trump is still quoted out of context and his words twisted. Still everything he does is met with he’s not doing enough, he’s not careful enough, or flat out lies. He’s still a racist bigot during every presser.

Our media along with batshit crazy TDS American citizens would rather blame Trump than China for a global pandemic that originated in China who covered it up for MONTHS. The Dems and media have shown no matter what we’re facing as a nation, they’re going to put their agenda above all else.
Proof that this virus like many others will run its course and be fine but, the left is so hell bent and ate up with TDS that they are using this to destroy Trump and the economy. Damn what it does to the people.

How many people are disregarding lockdowns? A number, please? 10K of 327M? 100K? Let us know. Me, I think 10-50X more people aren't socializing than are. No idea why a relative few disregarding lockdown means the flattening curve concept is false.

No way to know how many. But obviously more than relative few

That was my position all along. There's be no curve and the whole thing would be done in two weeks. We just didn't have the stomach for it. Not in an election year anyway

No that lazy ignorance of the facts and outright lying to cover your political ass won't work for anybody with a brain. Anybody who cares about the truth knows Trump started addressing this calamity by calling it the latest hoax. When he claimed he was a genius who understood this disease better than anybody, the fact he fired the very people we needed then. It is you who is part of that sorrowful un-American legacy where your politics was more important than the American people and by this dishonest mess of hot crap you still are. It's not the media saying the federal government ---Trumps administration--- has been too slow to help the states and cities, its been mayors, governors, doctors, hospital administrators who been ringing that alarm bell. You're just too dishonest and political to admit it. This is exactly why I think of you as one of Putin's useful idiots.
False as usual.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
My comparison may have a bit extreme but there's no doubt HuffPost is deeply slanted to the left, probably closer to Daily Kos than the New York Post.

I sometimes read liberal news sources and opinion and try to keep an open mind, but it's very challenging sometimes.
We may mirror each other. I don't read any of the ones we have talked about here on a regular basis. I became aware of Infowars back in 2002 when an employee of mine tried to get me interested. I quickly decided it was pretty wackadoodle, I feel the same about Kos but I don't think it's as far off the tracks as Infowars. I watch MSNBC in sporadic bursts and offset that with The Hill, and The economist. I trust NPR and PBS the most. I have a running conversation with a high ranking naval officer by the way of letters through snail mail. We both appreciate the clear thoughtful conversation writing affords. That almost never happens here and I have given up even trying to. Too many thoughtless inputs, this place is just entertainment for me, but every now and then I run across someone who genuinely brings something of value here.

Proof that this virus like many others will run its course and be fine but, the left is so hell bent and ate up with TDS that they are using this to destroy Trump and the economy. Damn what it does to the people.
I actually am starting to 100% believe the far lefts plan is to bring down the system. I have never comprehended why.

My daughter graduates UK in May with her accounting degree and as of right now her expected place of employment is still saying they are planning to bring everyone in but I realize this is likely going to change. She is getting her eyes opened to what the media and far left does and who they support and it is not her.

For the folk here trying to whitewash this turd and glorify the man who allowed this virus to take hold. The man who didn't do anything until he saw his re-election being threaten. (now even the liars here are trying to appeal to patriotism to save his ass! Where was that patriotism when the initial alarms were being sounded? When experts were telling you this was going to be bad and we should prepare?) The man who fired the pandemic response team. Here is the video of the word hoax falling out of his narcissistic ignorant mouth at one of his campaign rallies at the same time the virus was attacki8ng us:
False, edited as usual and taken out of context.

I've been there all along and I know you weren't with us at that time. My daughter is quarantined, I'm not going to a family funeral tomorrow, been home alone for weeks, so your lies won't work on me. I've known for years you'll disregard the truth for your political desires. You're trying to CYA that's all. You put your politics above the health of the American people and now try to play politics because you see the benefit of that. If you actually cared about the American people yopu wouldn't have to be changing your tune.
Big time false.

OK I can understand and respect your decision in regards to journalistic standards. Still I can read what this primary care doctor is saying from the front lines and respect her and what she has to share. I think your comparison of Huff Post to Info-wars is fairly unbalanced though. Info-wars is worse than Daily Kos, it's more like Wonkette. Huff Post is more like the New York Post according to the media pyramid of Biases.
DmSTiKbUYAA4n9J
Good Lord! Another fake or skewed chart. Must be the new site TrumphatersRus.com

There was one abortion clinic in the state of Kentucky when Republican Matt Bevin took office four years ago. There was one abortion clinic when Matt Bevin left office four years later. In those four years, he shouted from the rooftops about all the lives he and his fellow Republican legislators where saving through its Pro-Life agenda and legislation. There was not a single abortion that he and his Republican legislators prevented.

You are too easy . . . next.
How stupid are you with this post. Obviously no more abortion clinics came in. Abortion was still legal but, he kept more from being built.

We will eventually reach a point when our leaders will have to decide to: (a.) tell everyone to sip locked in fear of the virus or (b.) reopen the country for business and take our chances against total economic collapse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT