POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's so cute when leftists accuse Republicans of wanting to destroy the Constitution. Republicans have plenty of flaws, but wanting to destroy the Constitution is not one of them; that's the purview of Democrats. Off the top of my head, the Dems want to suppress or destroy the first amendment, the second amendment, the tenth amendment, and the twelfth amendment. Also sweet when they accuse Republicans of destroying democracy. We're a republic. The Articles of Confederation were rejected largely for fear of unchecked democracy. No, it's not just semantics, it's fundamental and essential. All the Constitution is to Democrats is a political prop.

Last edited:
EPQ2LnyWsAEN2x_
My chai tea just soyed itself upon seeing this post.

Reactions: ymmot31
Donald J Trump has a long history of lying...yet you value his words.

BTW, people, left and right have long questioned many of Bolton’s world views. Nobody ever said he was dishonest.

Every person Trump has surrounded himself with have issues with their backgrounds. I guess that’s why Trump selects them so when he turns on them he can try and leverage their background against them. So when does Trump become accountable for the choices he has made?

Long ago it was said that Trump operated like a mob boss. His closet so full of skeletons it’s only a matter of time before one or more of those skeletons are exposed. Moscow Mitch and executive privilege are the only things protecting him but those walls will crumble.
Damn you're dense.

NOBODY values his words.

We value his ACTIONS.

The Bidens aren't on trial, Obama is not on trial. TRUMP is on trial, but any way you can try to muddy the waters Republicans will do because they know TRUMP is guilty and corrupt. There is zero factual info that the Bidens committed crimes. Maybe not good judgment but not illegal for a company to hire someone who has connections. Republicans do it all the time. Maybe we should investigate all the Trump kids while we're at it?

Republicans are destroying democracy and the Constitution just to maintain power.

Every single impeachment trial in the Senate has had witnesses and documents.
False, all of them are on trial because it was they who were doing the corrupt dealings with the Ukraine and Russia. Now, once Trump started to make sure that the Ukraine was on the up and up and was exposing the Obama admin for all of its corrupt dealings, they are trying to deflect and blame Trump for what they did. Get him out and it goes by the way side.

Jane you ignorant slut.

They did seek his testimony. House had a lawful investigation and shouldn't have to go through the courts. The administration stonewalled the house investigation and now their defense is there are no first person accounts.

For someone who is sooo innocent, he continues to lie and stonewall people who supposedly could exonerate him.
False, your left wing media talking points just show how ignorant your are. No original points of your own.

How do you know he’s telling the truth? We’re you in on his meetings?
Well, if he is willing tell it under oath knowing that he is going to jail if he lies...that’s more convincing to me than someone who is using every excuse and obstacle to avoid having to testify under oath.

Well, if he is willing tell it under oath knowing that he is going to jail if he lies...that’s more convincing to me than someone who is using every excuse and obstacle to avoid having to testify under oath.

You have no idea what he would say under oath.

Go to jail?? Like Comey and the others who have lied through the process? The only people that have gone to jail are the people the DOJ and FBI wanted to put in jail to get them to "flip" (lie) about Trump.

Also zero factual evidence that Trump committed any crime. Guess you forgot that part.

As for the Constitution....just wow. Weaponizing impeachment because orange man bad is sure to not hurt the Constitution.
There were multiple memos from the Pentagon and GAO warning the WH that withholding the congressional approved aid without notifying congress and the reasons to do so were illegal. Because you don’t know about the Impoundment Control Act doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Go to jail?? Like Comey and the others who have lied through the process? The only people that have gone to jail are the people the DOJ and FBI wanted to put in jail to get them to "flip" (lie) about Trump.
You’ll have to remind me what Comey lied about under oath? And if he did so why the Trump Justice department didn’t do their job and take him down.

You’re talking out of your ass no doubt repeating something you’ve heard or want to believe.

God you're FOS. You say Trump is a corrupt liar who'll stop at nothing to get what he wants, then you turn around and suggest that you'd believe him if only he would testify under oath. Which is it? Are you saying you believe that Trump would respect the oath? [eyeroll] Yeah, right.

And BTW, I know of only one "obstacle" that Trump has used to avoid testifying - executive privilege. Every president ever would do the same. Congress can't just subpoena the president any time they feel like for whatever reason. If they could, the executive branch would be answerable to Congress on everything and essentially unable to govern. The president needs to have the freedom to discuss sensitive, confidential matters with his/her staff without fear of being forced to disclose it publicly to Congress. That's why "obstruction of Congress" is a farce of an impeachment article. Obstruction of Congress is separation of powers. Part of the president's responsibility is to obstruct Congress and act as a check on their actions. Lest they abuse that responsibility, Congress has the ability to appeal to the judiciary. That is the path of resolution. "Oh, that would take too long" is irrelevant if the goal is the truth.

Pretty lofty assumption that I’m a “leftist” because I don’t worship Trump and the GOP. Is that the minimum requirements of leftism? I think the Dems are dorks who also suck.

I read this thread every day. Some useful info. A lot of team-centric talking points and crazy person conspiracy theories. So, politics in a nutshell.

I understand this thread is a highly conservative echo chamber and that’s cool. Back to your regularly scheduled circle jerk. Showing myself out now. G’day.
I wouldn’t say this is a highly conservative thread, I’ll bet if you took a count of the regular posters it’s probably around 60-40 percent on the conservative side. Not substantial just in terms of numbers of posters But it probably seems highly conservative in that the talking points from those on the left are routinely DESTROYED.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming that you would prefer not hearing testimony and thus guaranteeing that Trump survives impeachment vs hearing testimony that may put his survival into question.

Coward is too weak a word to describe your ilk.
I am on board with guaranteeing Trump survives this coup attempt. But i am also on board with guaranteeing every person involved in orchestrating this coup attempt be brought to justice as well if Trump is to go down for whatever “greatest crime in American history” nonsense you people seem to think he committed.

Nor do you. Let’s put him under oath so we can both find out.

I actually wanted him under oath. Unfortunately, the House passed on that opportunity when trying to build an impeachment case.

I don’t know why the House didn’t think his sworn testimony was important, but they decided not to try and compel it, so they must not think it would be valuable to their impeachment case.

There were multiple memos from the Pentagon and GAO warning the WH that withholding the congressional approved aid without notifying congress and the reasons to do so were illegal. Because you don’t know about the Impoundment Control Act doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

:joy: If a potential violation of the ICA is your "evidence" of Trump committing a crime, you're more desperate than I thought. Might as well throw in any parking tickets, speeding tickets, removed mattress tags, etc.

I actually wanted him under oath. Unfortunately, the House passed on that opportunity when trying to build an impeachment case.

I don’t know why the House didn’t think his sworn testimony was important, but they decided not to try and compel it, so they must not think it would be valuable to their impeachment case.

IT WOULDA TOOK TOO LONG!!!11111!!! TRUMPFF WOUDLDA STOLT THE NEXT 4 ELECTIONS BY THEN!!111!!! KILT ALL THE MINORITYS!!! AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DEW PROCESS AND JUDICAL PROCEDURDS!!11!!!

The fact that you believe any of that is both laughable and frightening.

No, executive privilege isn’t without boundaries. I’d tell you to study the constitution but I realize that you’re too stupid to comprehend it.
What can I say? Some people believe in a flat earth, you believe that executive privilege has no boundaries.
Idiot. Read it again. I never at any time said there were no limits on executive privilege.

You clearly do not understand the separation of powers. The House does not have the power to compel the President. Obstruction of Congress would be a charge they could bring against you or me, not the President.

They should have said the President "inconvenienced Pelosi and Schitt in their partisan coup attempt". That would have at least been accurate.

He/she/it is another member of the idiot brigade.

I need a Nuke.

OH OH OH! YOU THREATENED TO NUKE HIM! CITIZENS ARREST! CITIZENS ARREST!

Idiot. No one can prove he lied. He can't prove he was telling the truth. The only evidence we have is the transcript itself, the Ukranian President saying there was no pressure on him, and House witness Sondland stating that Trump told him, personally, that he wanted no quid pro quo.

Do you even understand what hearsay evidence is?

Never mind that the president can ask a foreign government to investigate corruption by American politicians in that country, just set that aside. If Joe Biden did nothing then democrats shouldn’t have a problem with the president asking Ukraine to look into it, right? I mean that’s what the democrats are proposing when asking for witnesses in that if the president has nothing to hide then he shouldn’t use executive privilege. You know democrats are dishonest when they won’t apply their proposed parameters to themselves.

The reason why democrats are so upset about the presidents request is that Joe Biden is guilty and so are other democrats that basically laundered money. Democrats are so desperate to hide their crime that they are willing to corrupt the impeachment process, FBI, FISA, destroy innocent people’s lives like Carter Page and a lot more.

IT WOULDA TOOK TOO LONG!!!11111!!! TRUMPFF WOUDLDA STOLT THE NEXT 4 ELECTIONS BY THEN!!111!!! KILT ALL THE MINORITYS!!! AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DEW PROCESS AND JUDICAL PROCEDURDS!!11!!!

Well shit, we better get this over with quickly then. No time for more witnesses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT