POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just went to a liberal education camp - known in sane circles as a Fayette County Public School - to see my daughter perform in their Veterans Day program. Imagine my shock when these students and their teaches proudly sang patriotic songs, recited the pledge of allegiance, saluted the flag during the Anthem, and stood respectfully during Taps. Never expected to see that from an America hating left wing loony bin like a public school.

United States Gov't has a budget in the trillions.

But if we can just get 100 billion from Bill Gates...no one will be homeless and clean water will be had by all.

Bill Gates invented something that forever advanced and improved the world in incalculable ways. He has given more to charity than some small countries are worth and pledged most of his wealth to the giving fund.

According to Bernie and Lizzy, Bill owes more.

I don't have anything against raising taxes on the uber-rich within reason. Most uber-rich will tell you the same.

However, this idea that the government getting more money leads to a better society and the lower classes rising significantly is a crock.

What Lizzie and Bernie are basically proposing is a trickle-down via taxes. They're saying "rich people will give us (the government) more money and that will find it's way to you the people"...bullshit...

Give the government more money, the administrative bureaucratic class will expand. Roads won't improve significantly, education won't get better, salaries for teachers, cops, EMS and fire personnel won't see anything. The lower classes may get free transportation and some other hand out, but they will not be empowered to improve their lives.

A compromise can be made by a spending requirement for the tip of the 1%. Their tax rate goes up a little bit, but nothing crazy, however, they must build and fund a couple of schools and hospitals each year. That's both the individual rich person and companies that have a massive bank. Also, they can both bring jobs back to this country and increase capital expenditure.

If Bezos has enough money to tinker around with space exploration, he's got enough money to build a dozen Hospitals. If Apple has enough money to get into the movie business and pay Jennifer Anniston god knows how much, they have enough money to build hospitals, schools, and bring factories back to this country and get more people on the payroll.

I don't totally trust charities, foundations, etc...Many have their merits, but I think for some those provide a way to hide money under the promise of someday down the road after they die their family may do this or that with the money...Regardless, I would also like to see some pressure on the charities of individuals and/or companies to spend more money and more money here in the country. Feeding Africa and all the endeavors abroad are great but we have rundown schools, hungry kids, bad water, etc in this country. Let's take care of those things first.

74468858_2965880036790292_3760748784003317760_n.png

In a federal lawsuit filed Thursday, a referee alleges that Ohio State wrestling coaches, including now Republican congressman Jim Jordan, were aware of the sexual misconduct of disgraced former Ohio State doctor Richard Strauss.

Man, I am jealous of people who get Monday off. I just had a client tell us at the end of a conference call to "enjoy the long weekend." Gave me the sads.
Same here, John. I consult for a lot of manufacturers. Business is up 14% this year (after 5% hike last year). Pipeline of future work is full. I’ll have to work again this weekend to deliver projects in timely manner. Hope to retire early to enjoy golf, etc.

Let me preface this with the fact that I think both guys are mediocre and I don't value either of their opinions any more than I value the opinions of the last shit I took, but I think the double standard here is hilarious;

jameslee goes on a mini rampage posting ridiculous partisan tweets - "Oh man, james is tying one on again!!"

Dwayne does exact same same thing - "ZOMG Dwayne is roasting people to death today I wanna blow him."

Funny to see how people react differently to the same situation depending on how it fits their biases.

Same here, John. I consult for a lot of manufacturers. Business is up 14% this year (after 5% hike last year). Pipeline of future work is full. I’ll have to work again this weekend to deliver projects in timely manner. Hope to retire early to enjoy golf, etc.

We are in the same boat. I'm relatively new at my company but revenues are up nearly 40% YoY and we are in the process of implementing multiple new accounts during the busiest time of year for our legacy business. Looking back, the 2 months I was out of work after being laid off was probably the best 2 months of my adult life. Might never be in that situation again. I am going to try and golf Sunday though, looks like it will be north of 60 degrees in the afternoon.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Reports of Schiff coaching Vindman and working with his attorney to shut down questioning from Rs were true.

They won't let him answer because it'll prove he broke the law and was an illegal leaker working to undermine Trump.

Let me preface this with the fact that I think both guys are mediocre and I don't value either of their opinions any more than I value the opinions of the last shit I took, but I think the double standard here is hilarious;

jameslee goes on a mini rampage posting ridiculous partisan tweets - "Oh man, james is tying one on again!!"

Dwayne does exact same same thing - "ZOMG Dwayne is roasting people to death today I wanna blow him."

Funny to see how people react differently to the same situation depending on how it fits their biases.

If you can’t tell the difference, then you’re a flat out idiot.

Dwaynes are all links to articles and source documents.

Jameslees are drunken lunatic ramblings that make no logical sense. “Republicans are stupid because they...(tweet proceeds to make something up)”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT