POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They're really going to eliminate what's left of them all in a few days. Has anyone checked on Omar? I'm sure she's distraught
It was brilliant for the Trump Administration to keep Omar and her fellow Democras in the dark. Had Trump told Democrats in advance there is no way they could have pulled this off. Yes Democrats are distraught this morning, all of them including Pelosi and Shttick or what ever his name is.

safe_image.php

Barely 24 hours after Trump had the #1 terrorist in the world killed, scumbags in DC boo him and chant lock him up. Pitiful losers.
I guess what goes around, comes around. Trump obviously didn’t think Obama deserved any credit for killing bin Laden...why does Trump deserve any credit now?

Also, it’s good for Trump to come out of his echo chamber and hear what real Americans really think about him.
Oh, and @Bill Derington...just another example of Trump's hypocrisy. There are 100s more just like this.

Why on earth would Trump tell the Democrats anything in advance?

They’ve done nothing aside from sham investigations and meaningless resolutions because they’re afraid to go on the record with any vote. They add absolutely no value to the country. If the Democrats would have known before the mission, there’s a 100% chance it would have needed to have been called off, or at least one American would have died.

It was brilliant for the Trump Administration to keep Omar and her fellow Democras in the dark. Had Trump told Democrats in advance there is no way they could have pulled this off. Yes Democrats are distraught this morning, all of them including Pelosi and Shttick or what ever his name is.
Honestly, I never thought we would be in a place where the POTUS cannot trust party and intel committee leaders with very important national security info. Its disgraceful that any of these people would leak info getting our folks killed or a very important mission aborted all in not giving Trump a "win". Trump clearly now knows he cannot trust ANYONE in Washington except a very small group of people.

I guess what goes around, comes around. Trump obviously didn’t think Obama deserved any credit for killing bin Laden...why does Trump deserve any credit now?

Also, it’s good for Trump to come out of his echo chamber and hear what real Americans really think about him.
Oh, and @Bill Derington...just another example of Trump's hypocrisy. There are 100s more just like this.

lol what “real Americans” think of Trump. America elected Trump President, yet only 4% of DC voted for Trump. May want to reevaluate your definition of real American.

But first, please explain to us your tax and healthcare spending analysis from the other day, and reconcile your blatant hypocrisy regarding healthcare being a right. TIA.

there are other ways to stop people from voting. Look at all the stuff that went down in GA for starters. We could also talk about closing down polling stations, packing polling stations where the lines go on for hours, moving polling stations, limiting early voting/mail-in ballots and taking away voting rights from former inmates.
Until sentence is complete, in prison or not, stopping right to vote is a reasonable part of the punishment imo. Polling stations are forced to move at times due to availability of a location going away plus at times the new location is an improvement.

I don't get your issue with limiting early voting. What's too early for you? 18 months before election day? Me, candidates ought to have time to make their case to voters up to say a week in advance of election day as new info can change votes. Voting two months before election day is absurd. Yes, lines longer than an hour ought to be illegal.

You missed what I think is bigger than any of this: ballot harvesting. People who are not part of the election process; i.e., non-government workers (Poll workers are government officials.) being able to take control of ballots between the voter & the election box is corrupt/fraud.

Reactions: augustaky1
The Georgia voting suppression nonsense is just that.
Polling stations are not closed down, there is a set time to vote, it’s not a secret nor a conspiracy. Voters have the responsibility to get there in those hours.

Mail in ballots are to be postmarked by a certain date, if they aren’t they don’t count, it’s simple. Again, it’s up to the voter to know the rules.
Hours long voting lines are a corruption of the process. Ridiculous.

Not keeping the polls open hours after they close in Democrat areas is what Joerules calls voter suppression.
If people were in line at poll closing time, they need to be permitted to vote if it takes 4 hours. Now if I were the poll worker, I'd call the county clerk to get his/her ass down there as I'm leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyFaninNC

I guess I must've missed in that Trump tweet where it says Obama deserves zero credit. Trump was talking about how people back then were acting like Obama personally shot Osama himself.

This picture may help the mentally challenged that refuse to understand how climate change will affect our world even our electricity.
73458756_3050925198257880_2209405467111718912_n.jpg

Ok. How?

Apparently fire is caused by global warming?

Do you know the minimum flash point of the veg there? Are you saying a Mediterranean climate has gotten to 400 degrees? Because that would be about the flashpoint. Dry bluffs tend to burn.

Last edited:

Yeah inside the beltway is real America.

Is Trump asking for any credit? I must've missed it. Also, do you not notice the difference in how the media has reacted to each scenario?

Washington DC represents real Americans? One of, if not the wealthiest town in the Country per capita does not represent real America. I wonder how many in that crowd works for the Govt? Over/under 80%

Reactions: vhcat70 and blubo
lol what “real Americans” think of Trump. America elected Trump President, yet only 4% of DC voted for Trump. May want to reevaluate your definition of real American.

But first, please explain to us your tax and healthcare spending analysis from the other day, and reconcile your blatant hypocrisy regarding healthcare being a right. TIA.
How many DC residents do you think we’re at the game?

Do you think police protection, k-12 education, and other services provided by civil servants are at minimum, de facto rights? In a universal healthcare model healthcare professionals delivering essential healthcare services would be civil servants.

Not sure what you are wanting regarding taxes. We currently pay $4T+ for healthcare annually. Taxes would take the place of premiums. Dozens of currently working models show that the net result would be a savings of 20-40%.

Until sentence is complete, in prison or not, stopping right to vote is a reasonable part of the punishment imo. Polling stations are forced to move at times due to availability of a location going away plus at times the new location is an improvement.

I don't get your issue with limiting early voting. What's too early for you? 18 months before election day? Me, candidates ought to have time to make their case to voters up to say a week in advance of election day as new info can change votes. Voting two months before election day is absurd. Yes, lines longer than an hour ought to be illegal.

You missed what I think is bigger than any of this: ballot harvesting. People who are not part of the election process; i.e., non-government workers (Poll workers are government officials.) being able to take control of ballots between the voter & the election box is corrupt/fraud.

A reasonable response although I disagree w. your first paragraph. I personally think if a person has served their time in jail, then their voting rights should be restored upon being being set free. To me, the punishment is the jail time and I don't see the point or the fairness in preventing someone from voting for the next 5/10/20 years for having a drug conviction or whatever. Obviously, if their crime had to do with some sort of voter fraud, I would feel differently. Additionally, a higher percentage of those incarcerated are minorities who tend to vote democratic more often, so I think if would be naive to think that isn't one of the reasons form any many states moving to that.

I agree that sometimes there are logical reasons for moving polling stations, but there are other times when the motive is to keep people from the polls. Google what they did in Garden City Kansas a few years ago. Lack of polling stations in crowded areas is complete and total bullshit. Forcing people to stand hours in line to vote is going to keep the turnout lower. I live in the suburbs and it literally takes me 10 minutes to get in there, vote and get out. It should be the same across the board.

If ballot harvesting is a big issue, then it needs to be absolutely be addressed. As does gerrymandering.

Do you think police protection, k-12 education, and other services provided by civil servants are at minimum, de facto rights? In a universal healthcare model healthcare professionals delivering essential healthcare services would be civil servants.

Not sure what you are wanting regarding taxes. We currently pay $4T+ for healthcare annually. Taxes would take the place of premiums. Dozens of currently working models show that the net result would be a savings of 20-40%.

No, civil servants are not a right. We pay 4 trillion with a private system, you make it all govt and you can times that 1.5 at a minimum.

A reasonable response although I disagree w. your first paragraph. I personally think if a person has served their time in jail, then their voting rights should be restored upon being being set free. To me, the punishment is the jail time and I don't see the point or the fairness in preventing someone from voting for the next 5/10/20 years for having a drug conviction or whatever. Obviously, if their crime had to do with some sort of voter fraud, I would feel differently. Additionally, a higher percentage of those incarcerated are minorities who tend to vote democratic more often, so I think if would be naive to think that isn't one of the reasons form any many states moving to that.

I agree that sometimes there are logical reasons for moving polling stations, but there are other times when the motive is to keep people from the polls. Google what they did in Garden City Kansas a few years ago. Lack of polling stations in crowded areas is complete and total bullshit. Forcing people to stand hours in line to vote is going to keep the turnout lower. I live in the suburbs and it literally takes me 10 minutes to get in there, vote and get out. It should be the same across the board.

If ballot harvesting is a big issue, then it needs to be absolutely be addressed. As does gerrymandering.

I agree in convictions, if you've paid your debt to society, voting rights should be reestablished.

Ballot harvesting was legalized in California in January of 2017. The Democrats used it in spades in 2018, it's why so many seats that were called a day or two after election day swapped, some 3 weeks later. The Congressman in NC ballot harvested prior to election day, he got in trouble. California Dems did it after election day.

How so? Polls open at 6AM in most places, get up and go early if you live in a high traffic area.

Are the lines hours all day, or is it everyone coming all at once why they are long? Election day is not a surprise, plan in advance.

If we all agree that voting is an important part of a democracy, why wouldn't we want to make it as easy as possible? Voter turnout was around 55% in the last election. Granted, some people are never going to vote no matter what. But some people aren't going to vote because they don't want to stand in line for hours at a time. Mail in ballots are a step in the right direction, but I think it is crazy to come up with excuses as to why we shouldn't change it to make it easier. Many argue that voter ID laws should be in place in all states. What would you do if I offered excuse after excuse as to why an ID isn't necessary when voting?

A lot.

No. Services provided by the government that takes my tax dollars to provide the services are not rights.

You made up an example regarding taxes paid and health care costs. It didn’t make any sense. You were comparing apples and oranges. If you don’t understand the simple, fundamental flaws in your analysis, I give zero weight to any of your incited claims regarding anything.

Reactions: qwesley and P19978
If we all agree that voting is an important part of a democracy, why wouldn't we want to make it as easy as possible? Voter turnout was around 55% in the last election. Granted, some people are never going to vote no matter what. But some people aren't going to vote because they don't want to stand in line for hours at a time. Mail in ballots are a step in the right direction, but I think it is crazy to come up with excuses as to why we shouldn't change it to make it easier. Many argue that voter ID laws should be in place in all states. What would you do if I offered excuse after excuse as to why an ID isn't necessary when voting?

Informed voting is an essential part of a functioning democracy.

Uninformed masses voting based on party affiliation and Facebook memes is incredibly detrimental to a functioning democracy.

Driving higher voter turnout is 100% about getting more uninformed morons to the polls to vote based on party affiliation and what they heard on the news last night.

So I’d prefer it take some minimum effort and inconvenience, so you have to actually care to participate in the process.

Because mail in ballots make it easier to commit fraud. How many people stand in line for hours to vote? Voting booths are open for at least 12 hours, get up and go early in the morning.

Is Trump asking for any credit? I must've missed it. Also, do you not notice the difference in how the media has reacted to each scenario?

Washington DC represents real Americans? One of, if not the wealthiest town in the Country per capita does not represent real America. I wonder how many in that crowd works for the Govt? Over/under 80%
You better believe a ton of lobbyist money was spent on those 3 World Series games sending their bought and paid for Politicians to the game. That entire area are full of highly overpaid, lazy, and corrupt Federal Government employees. So, yeah, not a big surprise Trump got alot of boos. Funny enough, their team lost 3 straight and getting ready to lose to a team in a Red state.

A lot.

No. Services provided by the government that takes my tax dollars to provide the services are not rights.

You made up an example regarding taxes paid and health care costs. It didn’t make any sense. You were comparing apples and oranges. If you don’t understand the simple, fundamental flaws in your analysis, I give zero weight to any of your incited claims regarding anything.
He simply cannot see the bigger picture, unintended consequences, and how things work in reality. All he sees is tax, dump money = happiness.

Medicare 4 all has been tried in individual states and failed. I'm unsure why they think a massive disruptive scale would work that's has been proven would increase care. These are ppl that thought the individual mandate was a good idea.

His tweets don't age well. Lol

So self classified billionaire trump is real America?

Whoa there partner. Idaho is a deep red state and we are also among the least obese in the country. Top 15 healthiest according to this link.

All the fatties I know are purple haired lesbians and pot bellied, lazy ass union workers, both democrats.

I know, I was mostly being a sarcastic dick there. Hawaii is pretty fat too and mostly blue.

False.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT