POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, who controlled Vietnam the second as we left? The people we supported or the ones we were fighting?

Ever hear the old saying...won the battles, lost the war?

We failed to achieve our objective. Any way you want to paint it doesn’t change that fact.

With an American presence in South Vietnam, the communist would have never taken over. We decided it wasn't worth our effort. That in no way indicates a military defeat. You guys act like your communist allies defeated the United States militarily. It is always bothered the left that that was not possible. Again I'm waiting for a list of battles the United States lost. Having morons appointed by Kennedy and Johnson run the war was the biggest defeat we faced.

TRump better rethink his strategy. Support for impeachment just keeps going up. His polling just keeps going down. Everything he says and does makes him look guilty. .

73152857_2535593526658547_7802343606886334464_n.jpg

I'm good kitty. Could lose 2-3 lbs around the waist, but in better shape than most for my age. Thinking about doing some kung-fu to get in even better shape. Maybe you can give me some pointers?

Kyokushin, Shotokan, Tang Soo Do over 31 years now and I could stand to lose 20-25 lbs but, I am still in better shape than most 62 year old's so...

Nice try though.

Last edited:
Dude, who controlled Vietnam the second as we left? The people we supported or the ones we were fighting?

Ever hear the old saying...won the battles, lost the war?

We failed to achieve our objective. Any way you want to paint it doesn’t change that fact.
You missed the point too, politicians and anti-Americans would not let the military win the war. "We" did not fail to achieve our objective. Liberal attitudes and corrupt politicians failed the military.

Last edited:
Reactions: P19978
Did the U.S. lose the Vietnam war?
In order to know whether the U.S. lost the Vietnam war or not, it’s wise to go back and see why the Vietnam war started in the first place. Domino theory or containment was usually used as a justification for the U.S. involvement in Vietnam. The fact is the U.S. failed to stop the spread of Communism throughout Vietnam which led to its spread to Laos and Cambodia in 1975. However, it is arguable that the effects of the war in Korea and Vietnam that the U.S. had involved in did help the rest of South-East Asian countries such as Thailand and Singapore stay free of communism.

Military-wise, the U.S. arguably never lost any major battles. However, it could not stand the constantly increasing loss of American lives and the economic burden the war carried on its people and was eventually forced to leave Vietnam before the war ended. Without its direct support, South Vietnam surrendered to the North Communists and disappeared from the world map not long later.

In short, in the picture of Vietnam, the U.S. failed to defend South Vietnam against the North Communists and probably lost the war politically rather than militarily as Vietnam was far from the war of major battles. In the bigger picture of containment, the U.S. did achieve their initial goals to a certain extent.

My point is and will always be from the stand point of the military perspective. Most experts agree, had the military been given the permission of a full scale attack into north Vietnam the war would have been over in the mid 60's with just small guerilla resistance after that.

With an American presence in South Vietnam, the communist would have never taken over. We decided it wasn't worth our effort. That in no way indicates a military defeat. You guys act like your communist allies defeated the United States militarily. It is always bothered the left that that was not possible. Again I'm waiting for a list of battles the United States lost. Having morons appointed by Kennedy and Johnson run the war was the biggest defeat we faced.
I think one would have to admit we lost the battle at LZ Albany in November 1965, only because a dumbass made the guys walk a few miles from LZ X-ray instead on flying out from X-ray. It wasn’t a massacre, but damn close to it, then the brass covered it up so they could escalate the war. Johnson was a POS.

Figured I would watch Fox this morning to see what they were saying about the Middle East deal made yesterday. What do they talk about? Republicans taking a stand against the Dems impeachment hearing and other BS topics they pound on every single day. At least until I turned it off, not one word about the ME situation that they along with everyone else pounded on until now. That channel is as bad as CNN and the rest. Only show I like is Tucker.

Figured I would watch Fox this morning to see what they were saying about the Middle East deal made yesterday. What do they talk about? Republicans taking a stand against the Dems impeachment hearing and other BS topics they pound on every single day. At least until I turned it off, not one word about the ME situation that they along with everyone else pounded on until now. That channel is as bad as CNN and the rest. Only show I like is Tucker.
I got rid of Fox and never watch their programing with the exception of Tucker on occasion. Hannity is the same thing every night so I skip him. I go to bed before Laura Ingram. I have found a very good substitute for the cable networks and MSM.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Tucker's show is usually fantastic and hits various issues. Laura doesn't get enough credit for her bulldog stance on topics...love her. Martha is pretty good but damn easy on the eyes. Hannity is simply the best and most consistent in regards to defending against the libs.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Tucker's show is usually fantastic and hits various issues. Laura doesn't get enough credit for her bulldog stance on topics...love her. Martha is pretty good but damn easy on the eyes. Hannity is simply the best and most consistent in regards to defending against the libs.
Hannity is a staunch conservative but his show is the same thing every single night. You can watch his show once every few weeks and maybe get 1 or 2 new pieces of info.

Hannity is a staunch conservative but his show is the same thing every single night. You can watch his show once every few weeks and maybe get 1 or 2 new pieces of info.
Hannity is a great defender of conservatism, but I can not listen to him. He refuses to let guests talk without interrupting, he says “I” too much, he toots his own horn too much, he repeats the same old tired things every day. I appreciate what he does, but I simply can not listen to him.

You proved my original point; it would be crazy of you to support all of his ideas/policies. Just as it would be crazy for me or others to support all thoughts of the Democrats. No one should be expected to own all the ideas of their respective parties. Are there crazy ideas floating out there by both parties? Absolutely. But not all politicians within the same party have the same ideas. You proved that yourself with the swamp of republicans

Not sure about him not getting things done. Didn't realize we were talking about that. Trump isn't any different in that respect. There are always going to be people within your own party and the opposing party that will disagree with an agenda. Obama faced the same issue. IIRC, he only had one Congress in which both the House and the Senate were controlled by Democrats. I think his last Congress was controlled entirely by the Republicans. This is politics in the modern age. This is one of the reasons why so many are turned off by politics: a lot of the time, decent ideas are rejected just because the opposing party supports them. Both sides are doing this
What ideas do the Republicans have that you would define as crazy?

Reactions: warrior-cat
Did the U.S. lose the Vietnam war?
In order to know whether the U.S. lost the Vietnam war or not, it’s wise to go back and see why the Vietnam war started in the first place. Domino theory or containment was usually used as a justification for the U.S. involvement in Vietnam. The fact is the U.S. failed to stop the spread of Communism throughout Vietnam which led to its spread to Laos and Cambodia in 1975. However, it is arguable that the effects of the war in Korea and Vietnam that the U.S. had involved in did help the rest of South-East Asian countries such as Thailand and Singapore stay free of communism.

Military-wise, the U.S. arguably never lost any major battles. However, it could not stand the constantly increasing loss of American lives and the economic burden the war carried on its people and was eventually forced to leave Vietnam before the war ended. Without its direct support, South Vietnam surrendered to the North Communists and disappeared from the world map not long later.

In short, in the picture of Vietnam, the U.S. failed to defend South Vietnam against the North Communists and probably lost the war politically rather than militarily as Vietnam was far from the war of major battles. In the bigger picture of containment, the U.S. did achieve their initial goals to a certain extent.

My point is and will always be from the stand point of the military perspective. Most experts agree, had the military been given the permission of a full scale attack into north Vietnam the war would have been over in the mid 60's with just small guerilla resistance after that.

As you mentioned yesterday, you can find anything on the Internet that will support your views. True or False Kitty? The US won the Vietnam War

As you mentioned yesterday, you can find anything on the Internet that will support your views. True or False Kitty? The US won the Vietnam War

You know what he is saying Joe. The military didn't lose the war, they overwhelmingly won the battles. Politics, and the refusal to actually go to war with North Vietnam lost the war.
It's hard to win a war when you set limits on the military from the start. You not only have to defeat the foe militarily, but the will to fight in the civilians has to be broke as well.
North Vietnam's civilians outlasted the US civilian population.

What ideas do the Republicans have that you would define as crazy?
Well one would be that racism isn't an issue in this country anymore.
Another is they are not racist themselves.
Another would be the idea the playing field is level for all Americans to pursue their dreams.
Another would be unions are not good for America.
One was expressed by Phil Robertson that men should marry girls as young as 16 so they could be properly trained.
That they respect women.
Weapons designed for the battlefield and combat should be available to anybody who wants one.
That they care about the national debt.
That they believe all men are treated the same in this country.
That they care about healthcare for Americans.
That they care about Americans.
That they care about this country more than they care about their political party.
That they think of themselves as honest.
That they respect the institutions of our country.
That they uphold their oath of office.
That they believe in fair elections.
I could go on for much longer....

Reactions: Dionysus444
So the 7 year old being sexually abused by his mother originally wanted to change his name to that of a female cartoon character. But his mother actually didn't want him to express his natural feelings and changed his name to a hip unisex name.

I'm totally, 100% non-ironically or jokingly in favor of making doing this to a child a capital offense.

Hannity is a great defender of conservatism, but I can not listen to him. He refuses to let guests talk without interrupting, he says “I” too much, he toots his own horn too much, he repeats the same old tired things every day. I appreciate what he does, but I simply can not listen to him.
Yes this is the thing about Hannity that irks me. He is a staunch conservativve for which I am grateful and he has been in the lead exposing the Russian hoax and Democrat evils. . For that I am grateful. But when he interviews a guest he does tend to interrupt at the worst possible time and cause the guest to lose his/her train of thought and before you know it he is talking about things we know. Like there is a double standard between Democrats and the GOP. That is a known fact and not "Breaking News". Sometimes the guests "Breaking News" gets covered up with his interruption. He does like to hear himself talk and he does like the I word. But we do appreciate his work and having the guests on he has Some have become regulars on his radio and TV shows.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
You know what he is saying Joe. The military didn't lose the war, they overwhelmingly won the battles. Politics, and the refusal to actually go to war with North Vietnam lost the war.
It's hard to win a war when you set limits on the military from the start. You not only have to defeat the foe militarily, but the will to fight in the civilians has to be broke as well.
North Vietnam's civilians outlasted the US civilian population.
HorseSHIP that delusion totally ignores Westmorelands actions and lies. Fighting for someones civil war is never a good action, just ask the Hessians. Ho Chi Minh wanted to install a Jeffersonian democracy and asked for our help---we refused him several times for Michelin. We had already lost our way and the war. Learn your history!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT