ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

No lights. I have mixed emotions on shortened races: watching "real racing" for 101 laps or watching "stroking for 190 laps" and real racing for 10 laps...
Maybe they should say the races will be up to 500 miles with 251 minimum. Then after after 251, they announce the actual distance that day as drawn from a hat. That way, there'd be more incentive to race balls to the wall from the get go - knowing the race could end at 251 miles. Even better, keep the distance secret and the teams find out with say 5 laps to go.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Maybe install lights at ALL the tracks on the circuit ? If you are NOT going to move up starting times, add lights. I know it would be a pretty big expense, but so is running races the next day, or hurting the already suffering product by shortening the race.

Reactions: drawing_dead
A lot of people take vacation to camp out leading into the weekend and plan to leave after the race on Sunday. They may not be able to stay until Monday and if I had paid that much to watch a race and they don't attempt to have it because it will get dark due to the late start I would be upset.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
I saw at least 25X today where guys bumped into the guy in front of them & that's OK by NASCAR, but Dillion wasn't. BS system.

I saw at least 25X today where guys bumped into the guy in front of them & that's OK by NASCAR, but Dillion wasn't. BS system.

Guys bump each other hundreds of times in a race. What they don’t do is drive it into the corner with no intention to make the corner and use the guy ahead as brakes. Then hooking the 11 was just icing on the cake.

They also didn't have a crew member on the radio screaming "wreck him" wreck him, I don't care how you do it", not once but TWICE in the FINAL turn of the FINAL lap. Great comparison vhcat70. Surely you are not that dense ??? Troll job ? Earnhardt fan ? RCR fan ? I know there are not any Austin Dillon fans so it has to be of those I listed.

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: kybloo92 and IkeCat
It was self reported by JGR and TRD admitted they was at fault. Could have been VERY costly if Denny hadn't won more than the Bristol race. It would be a really shitty way to lose a championship, it may still cost him the regular season crown.

• Haha
Reactions: kybloo92
I too am a Dale Jarrett fan. Unless you are talking Dale Earnhardt Jr. ?? But he started out as #8. There is only ONE #88, Dale MFN Jarrett. Love me some Ford Credit red / white/ blue Ford back in the day. Greatest memory was when he got 3 laps down and came back to win I THINK it was the Brickyard. Whatever track it was, I remember one teams crew chief on the radio saying "Hey, the next time the #88 passes you, it will be for the lead." He and Mark Martin along with several others back then was well respected in the garage and raced people the right way.
1998 Brickyard 400, I was there, DJ put on a show that day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT