POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You also keep repeating this false talking point. America never released anyone. America captured them. They are being held as prisoners of war. America has no desire detain them indefinitely. America cannot execute them.

Now America is trying to afford them due process and extradite them back to their home countries to stand trial for their crimes.

Their home countries are refusing to take responsibility and bring their criminals to justice. Their home countries are allowing them to go unpunished. Their home countries are allowing them to be released by others.

Stop blaming America for the refusals and lawlessness of Europe.
Once America took possession (captured them) we became responsible.

You might believe your own lies and twisted logic...but nobody with more than two brain cells does so.

Once America took possession (captured them) we became responsible.

You might believe your own lies and twisted logic...but nobody with more than two brain cells does so.

So if an American war criminal/terrorist were to get captured on foreign soil by foreign authorities they're not extradited back to America? It's not America's responsible to accept them, try them and bring them to justice?

John, no one is wanting to violate their constitutional right to free speech. We aren't calling for the government to put them in jail. We are just calling out their hypocritical BS. It's very easy to virtue signal in a free country and act all concerned about issues that don't affect you. Make yourself look all righteous in the eyes of lefties. They pretend to be brave, then go silent as soon as it gets a little tough or threatens them in some way. I don't really care what they speak out about, but the lecturing from celebrities is wearing thin, especially when it's obvious they themselves are cowards.

Look, I don't care what they talk about on Twitter or whatever else. But I'd love to be able to watch sports center or an awards show without it being political BS. And that goes for conservatives too. Though I might agree with them, I don't want to see it in my entertainment sources. But I honestly don't see it from conservatives near as much. Meanwhile entertainment sources are saturated with liberal lecturing.

So, you want to be a celebrity and use your status to speak out, fine. Do so. But if you do, you're gonna get called out for inconsistencies. If you don't want that, shut up and do what your audience is paying you for. Everyone wins that way, conservative or liberal.

Good post as usual Phil. Many times I post just to see what the reaction will be from our resident partisans. You’re one of the few who takes the time to respond intellectually.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Who were these “others” we made agreements with to protect the Kurds in Syria?
We made agreements with the Kurds with whom we’ve had a long relationship. But just like with our other allies the moron-in-chief shows once again that he cares more about murderous dictators and of course his personal pocketbook than any of those relationships.
The depths and ends y’all will go to try and rationalize the irrational is beyond belief.

New name. Heard you got banned

giphy.gif

So if an American war criminal/terrorist were to get captured on foreign soil by foreign authorities they're not extradited back to America? It's not America's responsible to accept them, try them and bring them to justice?

I had to read a few of your posts to be sure...

It may be our moral responsibility to do so but that doesn’t preclude the capturing entity from their responsibilities.

Why did we capture them in the first place? They needed to have figured out the end game before starting the game.
Then there’s that thing of more or less sneaking out in the middle of the night and leaving your ally there for the slaughter.

Keep trying to justify it.

Haha this is why I dont buy the "Im not going to say anything until im more educated on the subject" excuse. This is an idiotic response. This is like when people on the right exaggerate the threat of terrorism.

Homicides make up about 1/3 of gun deaths in this country. 4% of those come from rifles (rifles, not just AR-15s or even semi-auto rifles, but rifles in general). In 2016 (cant find a more recent year) 71 people were killed in mass shootings.

Just an ignorant response by someone who really has no clue what the hell he is talking about.

Just for a quick comparison. On average
24 people die per year from champagne corks
51 people die per year from lightening strikes
80 people die per year from horse carriage accidents
100 people die per year from scalding tap water
300 people die per year from falling off a ladder
450 people die per year from falling out of bed

So you are 6x more likely to die waking up and falling out of bed than you are to die in a mass shooting. You're more likely to die from hot tap water than a mass shooting.

Yes all deaths from shootings are bad. Just putting the chances of it happening in perspective.

Last edited:
We made agreements with the Kurds with whom we’ve had a long relationship. But just like with our other allies the moron-in-chief shows once again that he cares more about murderous dictators and of course his personal pocketbook than any of those relationships.
The depths and ends y’all will go to try and rationalize the irrational is beyond belief.

What agreement with the Kurds? When did we ever vow to protect Kurds in Syria?

We had a common enemy in Syria, which was ISIS. The caliphate is no longer there.

Turkey is also an ally, we have airbases there that are strategically important.
It’s a tough decision to make.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
It may be our moral responsibility to do so but that doesn’t preclude the capturing entity from their responsibilities.

Why did we capture them in the first place? They needed to have figured out the end game before starting the game.
Then there’s that thing of more or less sneaking out in the middle of the night and leaving your ally there for the slaughter.

Keep trying to justify it.

We moved 50 soldiers

Reactions: blubo
Homicides make up about 1/3 of gun deaths in this country. 4% of those come from rifles (rifles, not just AR-15s or even semi-auto rifles, but rifles in general). In 2016 (cant find a more recent year) 71 people were killed in mass shootings.

But Levi's stats in August said that 71 people die in mass shootings every day.

Reactions: duke4life831
What agreement with the Kurds? When did we ever vow to protect Kurds in Syria?

We had a common enemy in Syria, which was ISIS. The caliphate is no longer there.

Turkey is also an ally, we have airbases there that are strategically important.
It’s a tough decision to make.
The ones all of the military leaders and even some *gasp!* GOP leaders have referenced in expressing their outrage.

Actually, parts of the caliphate are still there and with the addition of 10,000 former prisoners is likely to begin growing again. Especially with the Turks there who are known to be friendly with ISIS.

Turkey has a Trump Towers...2 of them. You know damn well that is the primary reason for this move. Do I really need to repost Trump’s comments from 2015?

That rally speech was the most pathetic display of dead brain cells ever seen in a President. And of course the inbred rednecks had big smiles with their 2 good teeth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT