POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm more towards the middle than you think. But it doesn't matter you lump all dems together and assume we all have the exact thoughts and opinions I would probably agree with you on many things.
False, you lie like the others or are just too dumb to realize how far left you are.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
You think I hated my mom? Rehab only works if the user wants to rehabilitate and even then it has a success rate of about 10-15% at best.
She may have gotten the help she needed if addiction was treated as a healthcare issue instead of a legal one. Stigmatizing those in need is not productive.

President Donald Trump on Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN): “There's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. … I’m sure that somebody would be looking at that”

Insert dagger, twist, repeat. [roll] :boom:.
Another brilliant statement. He throws it out and says he knows nothing about it. But and this is the brilliant part, he is sure someone will look at it. Interpretation the lady is a creep and the face of the Democrat Party

Reactions: screwduke1
I have more first hand knowledge than you guaranteed hoss.

You are a slave to your addiction, every move you make is to ensure you can feed it.

My mother was a registered nurse, was injured and spent the last 10 years of her life withering away due to legal opioids. The last couple of years her body began to fade, her toes curled up, had to shove Vaseline up her ass to crap. Opioid cause constipation, finally her colon had to be removed, she was admitted to the hospitable at least 10 times in 2-3 years because her sodium was so low due to constantly drinking fluids and not eating. She told me crying, that she had wasted her life, that was in the last month she was alive. She died alone on May 15 2018 in the prison she had built herself.
She knew what she was doing, I pleaded with her, but she was addicted and I’ve been there too, on alcohol. It’s a motherfu*ker to fight withdrawals, they only get worse every time you relapse.
Every drug she took was a legal prescription.

Bill - I’m truly saddened to hear that
But I also appreciate your sharing it

I’ll leave it at that

PS: I hope you have a fantastic evening and have trouble finding your pants in the morning

You still don't seem to get it. Appalachia and the South side of Chicago are completely different animals. one has coal and well coal, you leave the area, you better pack a tent and some black bear repellent. The south side of Chicago may be a blighted area, but trains, subways and busses can easily transport the most disenfranchised people, for very little money, short distances, to a vast multitude of good paying union jobs in manufacturing, construction, Hospitality, Public works, you name it.
sounds like Appalachians need to fix their shithole

Reactions: homeytheclown
ed745093e8f7789950e065e840effe7d.jpg

Oh you hated your junkie mom which colors your opinion on all drugs/users. Gotcha. How many times did she try rehab? Who paid for it? Prohibition sure kept those pills out of her hands huh?
Ahem, his mother's addiction was likely much more complex than you can ever understand. Therefore, cease with the god damned, stupid-ass generalizations immediately before you really piss me off. Oh, and this gem from NPR Fresh Air should cast more light on the situation.

Cliff notes: Academics get hooked on opioids, too.

Ahem, his mother's addiction was likely much more complex than you can ever understand. Therefore, cease with the god damned, stupid-ass generalizations immediately before you really piss me off. Oh, and this gem from NPR Fresh Air should cast more light on the situation.

Cliff notes: Academics get hooked on opioids, too.
His (Dionysus) was one of the most uncalled for posts I have read. Some serious issues at play with that one there.

I dont think this is the thing to put your foot down when it comes to spending. But at the same time I completely get what he's doing. He knows he's going to get a ton of backlash from this but he is sticking to his principles, which is one of the reasons Im a big fan of his.

There have been a few things that he has gone against the grain and voted no on, because of this reason. His entire thing is all about getting spending in check, whether he thinks it is good spending or not, he doesn't want to add any new spending until we fix our out of control spending that we currently have.

So ya a part of me wants to say, if there is a time to check your principles its on this. But the other part of me thinks, this is the kind of mindset we need if we ever have a chance to fix our spending. So hard for me to get too up in arms about a guy sticking to his principles.
Rand Paul has always been full of shit just like Paul Ryan was. He had no problem voting for numerous tax cuts that will never be paid for and spending bills that exploded the debt and the border funding. But making sure 9/11 responders can afford to stay alive is a bridge to far for him. He is only grandstanding on this because he knows McConnell can't afford the PR hit of not letting it get a vote soon. He also knows the brain dead rednecks in KY won't even know it happened.

She may have gotten the help she needed if addiction was treated as a healthcare issue instead of a legal one. Stigmatizing those in need is not productive.

Dude you just don’t get it.
If you legalize addiction forming drugs you are destroying millions of lives, it’s that simple.

Kicking addiction, no matter how much money you have or treatment you can get only works if you want it to, and even then it likely won’t.
It’s a dangerous box you’re toying with, and you have no clue, nor will you listen to those that do.

Oh you hated your junkie mom which colors your opinion on all drugs/users. Gotcha. How many times did she try rehab? Who paid for it? Prohibition sure kept those pills out of her hands huh?

Prohibition doesn't come into play if they were LEGAL PRESCRIPTIONS

My god. I hope you re-read what you posted, for numerous different reasons. It was stupid and uncalled for.

sounds like Appalachians need to fix their shithole

Maybe. If so, so does every inner city. They're all the same, just in different places. The only color that makes a difference is green. You have it or you don't

Rand Paul has always been full of shit just like Paul Ryan was. He had no problem voting for numerous tax cuts that will never be paid for and spending bills that exploded the debt and the border funding. But making sure 9/11 responders can afford to stay alive is a bridge to far for him. He is only grandstanding on this because he knows McConnell can't afford the PR hit of not letting it get a vote soon. He also knows the brain dead rednecks in KY won't even know it happened.

Wanting people to keep more of THEIR MONEY. My god the horror!

The opiod crisis is what happens when you let capitalism run out of control. Greedy ****s decided that getting millions hooked was worth their inflated profit margin. And then they paid off the GoP to look the other way. It's also what happens when white people do drugs. If it had been minorities getting hooked we would have declared war and put them all in prison for life.

The opiod crisis is what happens when you let capitalism run out of control. Greedy ****s decided that getting millions hooked was worth their inflated profit margin. And then they paid off the GoP to look the other way. It's also what happens when white people do drugs. If it had been minorities getting hooked we would have declared war and put them all in prison for life.
You get caught with heroin and it’s a felony , 1g or 10g,problem now is prosecutors are ultra liberal and let everyone off the hook

So the vote failed for impeachment. With the majority of dems voting not to along with the R's.

I'll spell this out for our slow libs here

That means yesterday's exercise in pushing a resolution for tweets was virtue signaling and nothing else bc they know how dumb all of you are. Your tax dollars at work.

No truer words have ever been spoken

CALLER: In 2019, there's gonna be a $1 trillion deficit. Trump doesn't really care about that. He's not really a fiscal conservative. We have to acknowledge that Trump has been cruelly used.
LIMBAUGH: Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore. All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it's been around.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Wrong. Capitalism isn't perfect. But there were laws, regulations, and ethical restrictions in place to prevent this. The bad actors blew past all of it

It was criminal. Not capitalism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT