POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who was president the last time the USA hit 5% for the year?

You have to go back to 1984. No booming economies since then?

Yep, China's slowdown has nothing to do with Trump.

Welp, that didn't take long. They will shutter a plant in China pretty fast win you slap a 25% tax on their products.

Manufacturers Move Supply Chains Out of China
Tariff costs prompt executives to shift production to other countries; ‘Once you move, you don’t go back’
https://www.wsj.com/articles/manufacturers-move-supply-chains-out-of-china-11563096601

U.S. manufacturers are shifting production to countries outside of China as trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies stretch into a second year.

Companies that make Crocs shoes, Yeti beer coolers, Roomba vacuums and GoPro GPRO 0.55% cameras are producing goods in other countries to avoid U.S. tariffs of as much as 25% on some $250 billion of imports from China. Apple Inc. also is considering shifting final assembly of some of its devices out of China to avoid U.S. tariffs.

Furniture-maker Lovesac Co. is making about 60% of its furniture in China, down from 75% at the start of the year. “We have been shifting production to Vietnam very aggressively,” said Shawn Nelson, chief executive of the Stamford, Conn., company. Mr. Nelson said he plans to have no production in China by the end of next year.

The moves by U.S. companies add up to a reordering of global manufacturing supply chains as they prepare for an extended period of uneven trade relations. Executives at companies that are moving operations outside China said they expect to keep them that way because of the time and money invested in setting up new facilities and shifting shipping arrangements. Companies said the shifts accelerated after the tariff on many Chinese imports rose to 25% from 10% in May.

“Once you move, you don’t go back,” Mr. Nelson said.

Pretty clear that it’s affecting China negatively, but if the move is from China to Vietnam or Bangladesh or (insert cheap 3rd world labor country here,) is that a win for the US? Doesn’t seem to be.

Author Vegas Tenold, whoever that is, said he isn't afraid to call Trump supporters racist. I can't imagine the courage it took to go on MSNBC and say such a thing.

"I'm not afraid to say this thing that every powerful corporation and media outlet in the world also believes, promotes, and protects. I'm just not going to be afraid to say it, guys!"

We have had plenty of good economies the last 30 years but nothing I would call booming. Clinton came close but we all know now it was just a bubble waiting to pop. A large reason for that is our economy is now 99% driven by debt instead of by wealth growth. We probably won't ever see a booming economy again without a massive leap in innovation or a gigantic collapse of our economy. Like mining asteroids kind of leap. We are just to big to move now and so many industries are dying out to be replaced with these wierd gig jobs.

All of the jobs leaving China are going to vietnam not coming to the US. Trump definitely hasn't helped China but the biggest driver has been the steady rise in standard of living in China. Once the local economies reach a wage threshold big corporations have to find a new slave force to keep the absurd profits up. The Chinese people are becoming rich, fat, and lazy like Americans which drives away the manufacturing.
Hey plat, who are you backing to end this economic carnage? Why won't Nancy address the spending and budget issues in the House which is their responsibility?

In today's "we don't enforce laws" news I saw a mfer riding around on his moped who is a multi felon with numerous assault and robbery charges, one drive by shootout to his name, and was just charged three days ago for having drugs up his butt while he was in jail already. He's out of jail now. Thank God he's back on the streets so he can rob somebody and get sent to jail again in the next month or so.

I have no idea wtf our justice system does. I cannot imagine how hopeless it is in places like Chicago, or even Lexington. Its' a complete joke, and nobody really talks about this. It's such a lost cause we have congress members arguing for ILLEGAL ALIENS TO STORM ACROSS OUR BORDERS AND ALSO RECEIVE FREE HEALTH AND EDUCATION. I guess it's only natural they would be for not locking up actual citizens for serious crimes.

It's just a dangerous equation that will not get any better. We are rewarding a lawlessness and punishing the citizens in the neighborhoods where criminals live and operate. We are punishing and devaluing our police. This story will not end well.

Read a "study" not long ago that's really just common sense, but it focused on NYC and it's textbook example of how to clean up crime - NO TOLERANCE FOR PETTY SHIT. Rudy Guliani put his foot down, prosecutors held criminals responsible, and serious crime plummeted because even dumb criminals understood the justice system was not playing anymore.

Now enforcing laws is "racist", prison doesn't "work", and pretty much all prosecutors are bleeding heart losers.

In today's "we don't enforce laws" news I saw a mfer riding around on his moped who is a multi felon with numerous assault and robbery charges, one drive by shootout to his name, and was just charged three days ago for having drugs up his butt while he was in jail already. He's out of jail now. Thank God he's back on the streets so he can rob somebody and get sent to jail again in the next month or so.

I have no idea wtf our justice system does. I cannot imagine how hopeless it is in places like Chicago, or even Lexington. Its' a complete joke, and nobody really talks about this. It's such a lost cause we have congress members arguing for ILLEGAL ALIENS TO STORM ACROSS OUR BORDERS AND ALSO RECEIVE FREE HEALTH AND EDUCATION. I guess it's only natural they would be for not locking up actual citizens for serious crimes.

It's just a dangerous equation that will not get any better. We are rewarding a lawlessness and punishing the citizens in the neighborhoods where criminals live and operate. We are punishing and devaluing our police. This story will not end well.

Read a "study" not long ago that's really just common sense, but it focused on NYC and it's textbook example of how to clean up crime - NO TOLERANCE FOR PETTY SHIT. Rudy Guliani put his foot down, prosecutors held criminals responsible, and serious crime plummeted because even dumb criminals understood the justice system was not playing anymore.

Now enforcing laws is "racist", prison doesn't "work", and pretty much all prosecutors are bleeding heart losers.
Just tell warrior cat. He's itching to shoot someone. And punch a woman

D_mnuXWUIAAQnAq.jpg

The biggest problem to me is that judges and prosecutors have way too much leeway in terms of pleas and sentencing. Also, we throw some people away for 10+ years for having some weed, while at the same time let drunk drivers who kill people out after 3.

I wouldn’t oppose a simple “rate card” for crimes, similar to speeding citations. Make it all black and white and people would probably think twice before doing something dumb.

As long as the murders are in the cities and it is the usual suspects I am a ok with it , it is their culture it is what they know... you diS respect someone well in their minds that is grounds for a drive by shooting then you all know not to comply with the police

You put drugs up your butt for fun. You're not even going to jail. Just like keeping things up your butt purse.

The biggest problem to me is that judges and prosecutors have way too much leeway in terms of pleas and sentencing. Also, we throw some people away for 10+ years for having some weed, while at the same time let drunk drivers who kill people out after 3.

I wouldn’t oppose a simple “rate card” for crimes, similar to speeding citations. Make it all black and white and people would probably think twice before doing something dumb.

Problem is barely anyone cares about justice. Just about headlines which turn into grants/funding to create higher paying pie jobs which also gets the prosecutor the police union support in the next election.

Putting the local thug in jail for beating people up doesn't get any of that. That's why nothing ever happens to them till they really do something egregious. Then prosecutors cape up and take down someone that should've never been out to begin with

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how ... it is done,"

If any of you dumbass libs here were able to read and think for yourselves you would realize that this is just a dog whistle situation to keep you confused. He didn't tell anyone specifically to "go back". He never used a name and simply asked a rhetorical question.

It's kinda funny to watch you social parasites flail about looking for something to suck onto. Kinda sad too.
I am sure a few of these liberal nut jobs on here realize that their party is just to far gone but, they are too invested to admit it.

As long as the murders are in the cities and it is the usual suspects I am a ok with it , it is their culture it is what they know... you diS respect someone well in their minds that is grounds for a drive by shooting then you all know not to comply with the police

I mean, I could call you a racist...but you’d probably just turn around and say that *I’m* the “REAL racist.”

Or I could call you a racist and you could hit me with the usual “LULZ libtards call everyone a racist that’s all they’ve got LULZ”

In any case....

You’re a racist, bitch. Amazing that you can type that bullshit and turn around and watch UK sports.

Hey plat, who are you backing to end this economic carnage? Why won't Nancy address the spending and budget issues in the House which is their responsibility?
It's the houses job to control spending? Yes that makes a lot of sense. If only there was another part of Congress and another branch of government that are needed to pass spending bills. I'm sure Trump and the Senate would just love to massively cut spending. I can't wait to see that 200 billion pentagon cut Trump proposes. Lmao, you so damn funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT