How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
62021534_875952029428997_7212991424344621056_n.jpg

Remember when Hilary Clinton fainted, shit her diaper and was tossed into the back of a van that sped away to her "daughter's apartment" and then some person that looked nothing like Hilary Clinton came out to wave to crowds?

Rq et al thought that invalid was a representation of who they are.

Remember that when you argue with them.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Exactly what does “assimilate into the American culture” mean?
What is the timetable to meet that requirement and who is the arbiter that makes that determination?

I ask because I know of plenty of native born Americans that live culturally quite different from me and from others in that group.
Let's start with speaking English.
It's fine that people coming from another land want to keep vestiges of their culture, but when they come here, they come to be American...not form little islands of whatever their native land is within our nation.

Becoming assimilated means aligning loyalties with USA. I've read many accounts of how native Germans, having been brought to the USA as children had to make what was sometimes unpopular decisions to fight against the "homeland". There were cases in which they fought their own relatives.

Becoming assimilated means becoming a self-sufficient, law abiding, contributing member of society.

When I began teaching, I recall non-English speaking, immigrant children being placed in my classroom. They had no ESL teachers, they had no tutors, they were simply thrown in (immersed) and they had no choice but to learn.

I’ve largely “assimilated.” As a kid hockey was by far my biggest interest. Baseball was a distant second, then NBA basketball then NFL football. I didn’t even watch college sports. Now I’m a blue blooded UK fan. Hockey is still #1 for me but now college basketball and college football are 2 and 3.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
For Christ’s sake Platinum, read the entire article.
How many times are you gonna do this?

So it appears that there is a lot of uncertainty, even from Trump, as to whether or not this will help at all.

So why did he confidently tweet that this would “greatly reduce or eliminate” illegal immigration? I suppose since it’s currently at an all time high, there is nowhere to go but down.

For Christ’s sake Platinum, read the entire article.
How many times are you gonna do this?

Ha. Christ. As biased as that article was, they still couldn't leave out the fact that Mexico caved under threat of the tariffs. Obviously Mexico could be full of shit, but now they have the tariffs hanging over their heads if they dont comply.

So it appears that there is a lot of uncertainty, even from Trump, as to whether or not this will help at all.

So why did he confidently tweet that this would “greatly reduce or eliminate” illegal immigration? I suppose since it’s currently at an all time high, there is nowhere to go but down.

Because on paper it should help. Hopefully it will.
What would really help is if the Democrats stopped stonewalling and actually stepped up on immigration too.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
After 3 years, I’ve finally figured out the difference between real and fake news.

1) Article/OpEd/segment/etc paints Trump as an infallible god, incapable of making a mistake - real news.

2) Anything else - fake news.

It was way more simple than I thought.

Because on paper it should help. Hopefully it will.
What would really help is if the Democrats stopped stonewalling and actually stepped up on immigration too.

I agree that something needs to be done.

But let’s not mince words - illegal immigration has been a problem for decades, under the leadership of both parties. Don’t act like republicans have been trying to fix it forever.

I would put learning the language up at the top.
Take John kba for instance, the way he writes I wouldn't even know he's foreign.

Expects VH cat to come on and correct me anytime.

Sorry, I'm trying to be like Michael Scott when he went to Winnipeg. And he kept saying to the Canadians how you say.
Correction: More than language, I'd say it's recognizing we have the best GD system on earth. You can't avoid learning the American language with all it's Mexican/Spanish terms that the Brits have no clue about if you live here long enough. John can tell you those things are way different than Canuck English.

Oh yea, been at granddaughter's softball tourney all day. She brung em back tonight with her two doubles.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ1975
Illegal immigration has increased by 100% YoY. I can’t wait to see Trump and his base call this a win when the numbers drop by 15% due to this “agreement.”

Good news folks, another 85% improvement and we will be back to Obama levels! MAGA!!!

Correction: More than language, I'd say it's recognizing we have the best GD system on earth. You can't avoid learning the American language with all it's Mexican/Spanish terms that the Brits have no clue about if you live here long enough. John can tell you those things are way different than Canuck English.

I’ll go to my grave calling my sofa a chesterfield and saying leftenant.

I agree that something needs to be done.

But let’s not mince words - illegal immigration has been a problem for decades, under the leadership of both parties. Don’t act like republicans have been trying to fix it forever.

I wholeheartedly agree, both parties are responsible for the situation. I stated many times back when it was a “ manufactured crisis “ that it had been a crisis for 30 years or more.
The difference is now we have a President that is trying to address it, and the Dems are actively stonewalling anything that pertains to illegal immigration.

You righties really love that Saavedra guy don’t you? He’s got a slightly less annoying face than Bill Mitchell, so I guess that’s a plus.

Have you ever been diagnosed with a giant black dildo in your ass? My answer depends on yours.
Well, that answers my question, thanks. My point is that you seem to try to be a moderate, but you seem much more critical of the righties on here than the lefties. You are all over the place and that is fine.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Becoming assimilated means aligning loyalties with USA. I've read many accounts of how native Germans, having been brought to the USA as children had to make what was sometimes unpopular decisions to fight against the "homeland". There were cases in which they fought their own relatives.
Grandfather's brother served in WW1. They had several 2nd cousins from their German hometown who fought for Germany. Visited the hometown church & there was a plaque with their names.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT