POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the matter? You can't defend this so you have to try and change the subject. Coward.

I'm not defending anything.

Not changing the subject either.

Actually stayed right on topic of Presidents and or candidates with service, or lack thereof, records.

Not sure posing a question makes anyone coward, once again you have confused curiosity with something else.

You do realize there is not a service requirement to be eligible to run for office?

In fact, I'm quite certain liberals would scream bloody murder if only Military leaders could put their name in the hat to run the country...I remember when you all weren't fanboys and girls of John Mcain for that very reason..."War Hawk this and that...vote Obama, the guy who didn't serve..."

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I didn't see those segments, but when it was mentioned, was it described as an inappropriate statement for Speaker Pelosi to be making? Were they all in agreement of her statement? I'm sure the MSM isn't completely mute on it, but I have a hard time believing anything they said cast those comments in a negative light.
They reported her statement in much the same way that they reported McConnell's. They even repeated the story today.

People watch politics much like they watch sports. They always think that their team never gets any calls. The refs/media are always out to get them.

Do you think that they should allow organizations like ISIS to use their platforms to recruit members, post terrorist threats? I’m guessing not. If I am correct then your argument is destroyed and you’re just quibbling over where the lines should be drawn.

Horrible take. That law in 1996 as previously stated was set in place that freedom of thoughts and ideas would not be restricted. We have social media tech disobeying that.

Oh, ISIS is a listed terrorist org. Lol. Conservative opinions are not. Quit trying to compare it. Horrible horrible takes.

But if hillary were our president i have no doubt conservatives would listed just like ISIS. Thankfully that crooked bitch lost

62000419_10219577223930654_2774658811493875712_n.jpg

Actually stayed right on topic of Presidents and or candidates with service, or lack thereof, records.

Not sure posing a question makes anyone coward, once again you have confused curiosity with something else.

You do realize there is not a service requirement to be eligible to run for office?

In fact, I'm quite certain liberals would scream bloody murder if only Military leaders could put their name in the hat to run the country...I remember when you all weren't fanboys and girls of John Mcain for that very reason..."War Hawk this and that...vote Obama, the guy who didn't serve..."
Nobody ever said, vote for Obama because he never served. I also do not recall anyone calling McCain a war hawk. People disagreed with McCain on issues and for the most part did so respectively. McCain in turn was respectful in his disagreements with Obama.

One of the lefts biggest criticisms of Hillary was that she’s a war hawk.

The criticism of Trump is because of his disrespectfulness. No POTUS in our history has ever been so childish and disrespectful.

Nobody ever said, vote for Obama because he never served. I also do not recall anyone calling McCain a war hawk. People disagreed with McCain on issues and for the most part did so respectively. McCain in turn was respectful in his disagreements with Obama.

The criticism of Trump is because of his disrespectfulness. No POTUS in our history has ever been so childish and disrespectful.
One of the reasons McCain lost because he wouldn’t criticize Obama.
He got upset with Willie Cunningham because he used Barry’s full name

Horrible take. That law in 1996 as previously stated was set in place that freedom of thoughts and ideas would not be restricted. We have social media tech disobeying that.

Oh, ISIS is a listed terrorist org. Lol. Conservative opinions are not. Quit trying to compare it. Horrible horrible takes.

But if hillary were our president i have no doubt conservatives would listed just like ISIS. Thankfully that crooked bitch lost
That law dumbass protects everyone’s access to the internet, not access to every application on that internet. As I said...anyone can create a conservative Facebook-like or Twitter-like application and they are free to regulate the content on those apps.

I feel like this is mostly an act. Watch an interview with this guy from 20 years ago - he was sharp, articulate, and confident. Now all of a sudden he can't put 2 sentences together? I don't buy it. How does a billionaire born on third base get regular blue collar folks to think he is just like them? Dumb it down. It was a brilliant move and worked.

[/QUOTE]

A march in Washington DC that doesn’t allow the American flag to fly, doesn’t permit a Jewish pride flag because it looks too close to an Israelite flag... but Palestine flags are welcome.

You couldn’t consume enough mushrooms to begin to hallucinate the crazy things people like this do.
I would love to see one of our resident libs explain this line of thinking.

That law dumbass protects everyone’s access to the internet, not access to every application on that internet. As I said...anyone can create a conservative Facebook-like or Twitter-like application and they are free to regulate the content on those apps.

Horseshit. 100% horseshit

Reactions: screwduke1

I remember plenty of folks who were wary of McCain because he was a soldier. Maybe not yourself and people you know, but it was out there. I remember because it infuriated me.

The logic of some guy who's seen war and been held captive wanting to go to war didn't jive with me.

Yes, you are correct, Hillary did have a bit of a hawkish steak in her back in the day when she was a bit more moderate with a bit more mass appeal on all sorts of issues. Before she flip-flopped and totally sold out to the radical left. The Hillary of those days who should have beat Obama would have wiped the floor with Trumpy. But alas, she had to move way left...a round of applause for her party and it's handlers forcing that on her. I actually halfway rooted for her back then, but she and the party just left me behind.

Yeah, Trump is an asshole with no regard for anyone, not even a war hero...tough...military folk are thick skinned, they can handle it, they've had lots of practice hearing BS from liberals over the years...Trump is child's play compared to a lot of stuff they've heard over the years.

I remember plenty of folks who were wary of McCain because he was a soldier. Maybe not yourself and people you know, but it was out there. I remember because it infuriated me.

The logic of some guy who's seen war and been held captive wanting to go to war didn't jive with me.

Yes, you are correct, Hillary did have a bit of a hawkish steak in her back in the day when she was a bit more moderate with a bit more mass appeal on all sorts of issues. Before she flip-flopped and totally sold out to the radical left. The Hillary of those days who should have beat Obama would have wiped the floor with Trumpy. But alas, she had to move way left...a round of applause for her party and it's handlers forcing that on her. I actually halfway rooted for her back then, but she and the party just left me behind.

Yeah, Trump is an asshole with no regard for anyone, not even a war hero...tough...
You’ll need to remind me of what issues HRC moved to the “far left”?

It is the nature of our system that to get nominated candidates campaign to the left/right during the primaries and back to the center for general elections.

HRC always had an unlikable aura to her dating back to the “I’m not some Tammy Wynette standing by my man” comment in 1992. People seem threatened by smart, ambitious women.

One of the reasons McCain lost because he wouldn’t criticize Obama.
He got upset with Willie Cunningham because he used Barry’s full name
This was the moment I confirmed in my mind John McCain did not want to be president. The establishment decided it was his turn to run and they gave him the nomination. He had nothing to give to the American people as a president. He was toast.

Horseshit. 100% horseshit
Is that supposed to be a clever way of saying you know I’m right but can’t being yourself around to admitting it?

The problem of course is that you lowly educated country bumpkins wouldn’t know where to even start to build such an app so you lash out at those who were able to do so and are making billions off of your clicks.

Yes you are doing exactly that. I bring up a subject about current issues about the current person in office, a draft dodger to beat, disrespecting decorated military men and you start talking about something or another President FIVE terms ago at best. You tried to evade the subject because you are not honest enough to face it head on and tried to divert away, slinking backwards like the intellectual coward you are.

You’ll need to remind me of what issues HRC moved to the “far left”?

It is the nature of our system that to get nominated candidates campaign to the left/right during the primaries and back to the center for general elections.

HRC always had an unlikable aura to her dating back to the “I’m not some Tammy Wynette standing by my man” comment in 1992. People seem threatened by smart, ambitious women.

I agree. Politicians carefully mold themselves to suit the temperature of the room.

The Mid 90s through 2008 campaign Hillary was more moderate on almost all major issues.

You're right, liberals did seem hesitant to put a woman through to the general back in 08. They weren't too high on Sarah Palin in the WH either. They weren't Michele Bachman fans either.

Spitfire "I'm not some Tammy Wynette..." Hillary with her moderate mid 90s thoughts on guns, immigration, NAFTA, marriage, abortion, etc. would have won by epic proportions.

Reactions: KRJ1975
This social media stuff is out of hand. My fb feed is full of far left fake news nonsense from nefarious sources. Yet there they are. My Twitter full of the same, plus crazy hate from the left.

Solution isn't more government involvement. It's less. Remove their precious civil liability. The rationale was they can't possibly have the resources to monitor content, therefore they cannot be liable. That's clearly not the case anymore

I feel like this is mostly an act. Watch an interview with this guy from 20 years ago - he was sharp, articulate, and confident. Now all of a sudden he can't put 2 sentences together? I don't buy it. How does a billionaire born on third base get regular blue collar folks to think he is just like them? Dumb it down. It was a brilliant move and worked.

I don’t think dumbing it down had anything to do with it. Voters had heard politicians pay lip service during election years only to do the opposite in office.
They were tired of election year promises, and wanted to give someone that wasn’t a career politician a shot. Whether you like Trump or not, he’s tried to do what he said he would.

He’s also changed politics

Yes you are doing exactly that. I bring up a subject about current issues about the current person in office, a draft dodger to beat, disrespecting decorated military men and you start talking about something or another President FIVE terms ago at best. You tried to evade the subject because you are not honest enough to face it head on and tried to divert away, slinking backwards like the intellectual coward you are.

Wait a minute, you bring up a war from more than 5 terms ago and then holler at me about bringing up some President from 5 terms ago?

Biden is current. Is he not the leader in the clubhouse right now?

Bernie is current. He was the leader in the clubhouse last year until some backroom shenanigans left him out. He may just be the leader again before it's all said and done.

I didn't evade shit. I continued on the subject of service that you brought up.

Trump is a draft dodger, Bernie is a draft dodger, Biden is a draft dodger. They're all CURRENTLY major players in the upcoming election.

You like to use that word coward a lot. I'm not backing away from anything, I'm coming right at you with responses.

You brought up service records, so I played the game by your rules and you didn't like it. Too bad. You popped off with Trump not having served, I popped off with others who also declined to serve.

As for Trumpy disrespecting McCain. He clearly didn't like the guy and the feeling was mutual. As far as Trump's patriotism, just because he was an ass to McCain doesn't mean he holds ill will towards the entire military. Let's not forget how he treated McCain and his family like royalty during the whole funeral process. How many people have gotten the Air Force 2 and laying in the wake on the hill treatment?

Generally speaking, I dare say folks in the military would argue Trump is one of the more patriotic pro-military Presidents they've seen.

In fact, libs seem to bitch when Trump wants to spend more on the military.

Media treats McConnell the same as Pelosi.
Dems treated McCain with respect.
HRC never moved left
People didn't like her because of strong qualities.

Straight DNC prostitution from @rqarnold this afternoon. If you wonder how someone digs in and is so stubborn and lazy they lose a $1k bet when a one minute internet search would have shown them how wrong they are.....there it is. What a dumb whore.

They reported her statement in much the same way that they reported McConnell's. They even repeated the story today.

People watch politics much like they watch sports. They always think that their team never gets any calls. The refs/media are always out to get them.
Show me an editorial on any major site calling her out. Just one.

Just checked: CNN, ABC, MSNBC, WaPo, and NYT

Edit: I found one clip linked from Fox to MSNBC where a liberal called her out. Not on the MSNBC main page.

Last edited:
Via TheHill, as @rqarnold would rationalize no matter what the quantitative ratio if both got at least one positive story then they were even.

But the respect and honesty we're seeing from the 2018 media is a far cry from the Arizona Republican's treatment in 2008. McCain was labeled as a racist, a get-off-my-lawn grouch with a divisive temper, someone whose health should be scrutinized because of his age.

Here's a flashback, courtesy of Pew Research, from the final weeks of the 2008 campaign in terms of the kind of media coverage the Republican presidential nominee received in his race against then-Sen. Barack Obama. Just 14 percent of coverage of McCain was positive from the Republican National Convention that ended on Sept. 4 through the final presidential debate on Oct. 15; 57 percent was negative. Translation: McCain's coverage was negative over positive by a 4-to-1 ratio.
Compare that to coverage of Obama, who received 36 percent of coverage that was positive, and 35 percent that was neutral or mixed, according to the study. Just 29 percent of coverage was negative — about half that of McCain's.

Don't forget nasty ole meme poster:
62596156_2643553682356264_7942499883087298560_n.png

Not sure about the other repubs here.. but I'm loving life!

I wasn't an absolute moron and invested once Trump got elected. Going to be rich because of it.

Not wasting money on funding planned parentshood for other countries.. nixed that shit immediately.

Troops are out. Libs and media are deranged.

IDK.. anyone else? Who here is miserable?

On the flip side, my cousin told me she might need therapy of Trump gets elected again. I laughed.. she didn't.. Which side is miserable?

Last edited:
I agree. Politicians carefully mold themselves to suit the temperature of the room.

The Mid 90s through 2008 campaign Hillary was more moderate on almost all major issues.

You're right, liberals did seem hesitant to put a woman through to the general back in 08. They weren't too high on Sarah Palin in the WH either. They weren't Michele Bachman fans either.

Spitfire "I'm not some Tammy Wynette..." Hillary with her moderate mid 90s thoughts on guns, immigration, NAFTA, marriage, abortion, etc. would have won by epic proportions.
Just ask him if she did anything whatsoever wrong with her email and server and you will see his real train of thought.

Lmao such bullshit. I am no fan of McCain but you leftists were calling him a racist and Hitler like you do every Republican.
+1

During the 2008 Presidential election, Sen. McCain was savagely criticized both by the MSM and within this thread. @warrior-cat + @qwesley, along with a few others I might have missed, should remember very well how our local leftist loons acted during that time. Absolutely disgusting. We should charge admission to all those SOBs who post or attempt posting here now. Seriously. Charge admission or put their asses on ignore. They should compensate us for reading their BS.

This social media stuff is out of hand. My fb feed is full of far left fake news nonsense from nefarious sources. Yet there they are. My Twitter full of the same, plus crazy hate from the left.

Solution isn't more government involvement. It's less. Remove their precious civil liability. The rationale was they can't possibly have the resources to monitor content, therefore they cannot be liable. That's clearly not the case anymore
Bingo, now they are monitoring content so they are responsible

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Wait a minute, you bring up a war from more than 5 terms ago and then holler at me about bringing up some President from 5 terms ago?

Biden is current. Is he not the leader in the clubhouse right now?

Bernie is current. He was the leader in the clubhouse last year until some backroom shenanigans left him out. He may just be the leader again before it's all said and done.

I didn't evade shit. I continued on the subject of service that you brought up.

Trump is a draft dodger, Bernie is a draft dodger, Biden is a draft dodger. They're all CURRENTLY major players in the upcoming election.

You like to use that word coward a lot. I'm not backing away from anything, I'm coming right at you with responses.

You brought up service records, so I played the game by your rules and you didn't like it. Too bad. You popped off with Trump not having served, I popped off with others who also declined to serve.

As for Trumpy disrespecting McCain. He clearly didn't like the guy and the feeling was mutual. As far as Trump's patriotism, just because he was an ass to McCain doesn't mean he holds ill will towards the entire military. Let's not forget how he treated McCain and his family like royalty during the whole funeral process. How many people have gotten the Air Force 2 and laying in the wake on the hill treatment?

Generally speaking, I dare say folks in the military would argue Trump is one of the more patriotic pro-military Presidents they've seen.

In fact, libs seem to bitch when Trump wants to spend more on the military.
LOL

Via TheHill, as @rqarnold would rationalize no matter what the quantitative ratio if both got at least one positive story then they were even.

But the respect and honesty we're seeing from the 2018 media is a far cry from the Arizona Republican's treatment in 2008. McCain was labeled as a racist, a get-off-my-lawn grouch with a divisive temper, someone whose health should be scrutinized because of his age.

Here's a flashback, courtesy of Pew Research, from the final weeks of the 2008 campaign in terms of the kind of media coverage the Republican presidential nominee received in his race against then-Sen. Barack Obama. Just 14 percent of coverage of McCain was positive from the Republican National Convention that ended on Sept. 4 through the final presidential debate on Oct. 15; 57 percent was negative. Translation: McCain's coverage was negative over positive by a 4-to-1 ratio.
Compare that to coverage of Obama, who received 36 percent of coverage that was positive, and 35 percent that was neutral or mixed, according to the study. Just 29 percent of coverage was negative — about half that of McCain's.
The ageist attacks are the ones I forgot about. Ironic too since the dems frontrunners for 2020 are 70+ years old now.

Not sure about the other repubs here.. but I'm loving life!

I wasn't an absolute moron and invested once Trump got elected. Going to be rich because of it.

Not wasting money on funding planned parentshood for other countries.. nixed that shit immediately.

Troops are out. Libs and media are deranged.

IDK.. anyone else? Who here is miserable?

On the flip side, my cousin told me she might need therapy of Trump gets elected again. I laughed.. she didn't.. Which side is miserable?
[laughing] at your cousin.

Happy about your success. Congratulations. I've also realized some nice financial gains since President Trump's election to office.

The overall atmosphere around the US is also better. Optimism reigns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT