POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joe Rogan will bring out the best or worst in you.

Tommy Chong, for example, is one ignorant SOB.
How do you all feel about the Trump Administration declaring a national emergency to push the sale some $8,000,000,000 in weapons to Saudi Arabia? Even defied congress to do so.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...apons-sales-to-saudi-arabia-uae-idUSKCN1SU25R

http://time.com/5595756/emergency-declaration-arms-sale-saudi-arabia/

Awesome. Guess you would prefer we don’t make 8billion. Maybe we should just give them 8billion.

images

Reactions: ballerstu2u
I won't completely reiterate my response to Lineskicat, but I can't behind having some third party tell anyone how much money they need. Need has nothing to do individual liberty and freedom. We are entitled to whatever we earn. No one should have the power to take that away just because someone thinks they don't need it. That is just not consistent with liberty.

What I really wanted to comment on is the idea of limiting corporate earnings. Aside from the point above, it would be a disaster waiting to happen. Earnings are what attracts investment in corporations. People invest in corporations that can provide a good return on their investment in the corporation. Limiting earnings would completely destroy how people invest in corporations and would likely strangle investment in high earnings corporations because those earnings would now disappear down to your threshold. It's just not a workable model aside from the questions about the violation of liberty.

Liberty is going by way of the dodo thanks in large part to a handful of large global corporations.

Google, is the about the only search engine anyone can name. Then they gobbled up Youtube. Limiting my liberty to search for things from other parties. Limiting the freedom of others to compete fairly.

Facebook was already the only game in town before they bought IG. Which limits other people from competing in that space, and limits the ability of you and me to have options when it comes to social media. They're starting to censor to boot. Why? because they can. Hell, they can influence elections too. They're the only game in town. They have no competition.

Jack Dorsey...Jesus, he's a billionaire many times over! Why the f**k does he need to go into Fintech. Electronic payment sector would have been fine without him. Now he not only has the ability to influence, censor, and keep tabs via social media, he now has your financial information. How's that for liberty?

Society doesn't need Zuck to buy IG, Google to buy youtube, Jack to get into the payments space. Youtube, IG, and Fintech would all be fine without them. Society needs more hospitals, someone to really get to work on a solution to the drug problem, less homeless, less hungry, etc...

Amazon and Bezos. No capitalist liberty loving freedom fighter can be for an Amazon or Bezos.

I don't really mean to literally cap earnings either, but I think there is room for discussion on rerouting and refocusing earnings after a certain point. Especially now that a lot of these big giants are trying to find ways to cut labor.

I'm also not saying put the clamps down on everyone. It's a very small number of mega-conglomerates and a handful of families/people at the very tip-top of the richest of billionaires list.

I'm also not even suggesting it be law, more of an understanding. A new social contract for a great society. A general agreement that the 1% of the 1% in company and/or individual wealth instead of buying a newspaper or expanding into a 10th sector and gobbling up the competition, maybe they build a dozen schools and hospitals.

Hell, they can even have the liberty to choose.

"Fellas...you want higher taxes or do ya'll want to take care of some things?"

Awesome. Guess you would prefer we don’t make 8billion. Maybe we should just give them 8billion.

I’m asking you all for your preference. And m, $8 billion by selling to Saudi Arabia? Yeah, that’s not going to bite us again

Yea selling weapons to terrorists has worked out so well for America in the past. Lmao. Conservatives can justify anything if it makes a few bucks. At least Trump is honest about his intentions and does it out in the open. All the other presidents had one of the agencies make the transactions.

Something rather innovative that you may have never heard about, but our founding fathers set up three branches of government. Each branch has some authority and oversight power over the others, so one branch cannot become too powerful. It’s a novel idea. You might want to read up on it.
Something you need to think about is that this was state legislators thinking about their people's wants and was not just the doings of one person. The judge being just one (biased motivated decision) should not be able to overturn it.

I’m asking you all for your preference. And m, $8 billion by selling to Saudi Arabia? Yeah, that’s not going to bite us again
Is Saudi Arabia an ally? Can we mass troops there if we need to? Are they an enemy to some of the the terrorist nations there? Yes to all three. Have you ever been there?

Reactions: screwduke1
Yea selling weapons to terrorists has worked out so well for America in the past. Lmao. Conservatives can justify anything if it makes a few bucks. At least Trump is honest about his intentions and does it out in the open. All the other presidents had one of the agencies make the transactions.
Almost wanted to give this a like if it weren't so snarky.

Those are big words? Lol! Coming from someone that post tweets the majority of the time, thanks I guess! You come off like one of those pre-teens we all know that spends too much time on Twitter.

Are you verified? What’s your handle? I follow back, lol!

It's because you throw around terms like gish gallop and mistake being a smart alec for being smart.

No, what you and your kind do is project onto others what your own insecurities are. While we are talking debate tactics, your manner of debate is argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad veracandum, neither of which is an effective means of persuasion. What we had was not a debate however, it was you saying things that were demonstrably false and then me demonstrating such.

But let's be crystal clear here one last time and I will be done with you. The reason why the rich pay a higher rate in taxes than the poor do, irrespective of the progressive tax code or loopholes, is that they spend their money and in doing so they are taxed in a variety of ways the poor aren't, even in death by inheritance tax.

It's because you throw around terms like gish gallop and mistake being a smart alec for being smart.

No, what you and your kind do is project onto others what your own insecurities are. While we are talking debate tactics, your manner of debate is argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad veracandum, neither of which is an effective means of persuasion. What we had was not a debate however, it was you saying things that were demonstrably false and then me demonstrating such.

But let's be crystal clear here one last time and I will be done with you. The reason why the rich pay a higher rate in taxes than the poor do, irrespective of the progressive tax code or loopholes, is that they spend their money and in doing so they are taxed in a variety of ways the poor aren't, even in death by inheritance tax.
He like others, should do what me and my wife did one month and take all receipts they have for a month and factor in those taxes with what they pay before take home and get a little education. Some will be surprised at how many taxes we actually do pay and maybe they can realize how much the rich actually pay.

Ok... you do realize most wealthy take advantage of passive income, right? And that since most super wealth comes from investment, as opposed to earned wages, they pay at a lower capital gains rate (0%, 15%, 20%), than the higher income tax rate, right? For example, you earn $2 million this year, you pay the higher end of income tax. You earn that in investments, you pay 20% or lower.

Most wealthy own stock, when that stock is sold, they pay the same capital gains tax on that sale. But, what happens if they don’t sale the stock, accumulating wealth yearly through stock, but not sale of stock? They often also liquidate stock for living expenses, but that is a smaller tax. Stock is taxed, but at a lesser rate than income tax.

Most lower income folks also down what they make. Which also factors in SSI, Medicare and etc. If I’m super rich, I can go years without employment, and use my losses throughout that time to offset my taxes. The avoidance of taxes through losses is how Trump spent years not paying any taxes. (He stated this himself) Offsetting future income against current losses. Add in interest payment deduction, depreciation and business expense, then he probably earned through loss.

To clarify, most of the super wealth you speak of comes from dividends and capital gains, taxed at lower rates. And there is absolutely nothing illegal in that. These are only a few examples. And I tried to simplify so that I wouldn’t be blamed for using “big words” lol. We could go a lot deeper, but it would be pointless with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT