POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes and everyone(Texas) was considered the most racist place in the world when they wanted to secede in 08. Amazingly hypocritical and quite racist if you ask me.
There are 3 states with unusually strong seccessionist movements: Hawaii, Alaska, and Texas. Of course there are more but those 3 are the most fertile grounds.

If Trump wins and Hispanics start burning shit and waving their Mexican flags (which rightfully so is terrible optics but you can't convince them it isn't) then you could have a backlash, then a backlash... things could spiral out of control along already well established fault lines.

Both Democrats and Republicans had better dial this stuff back in the general or we really could be looking at an ungovernable situation. Also, anyone that thinks allowing massive numbers of undocumented aliens into your country is a good idea needs to reflect on the mess we're in if we do get into an open confrontation with Mexico. Say Trump wins then half of Los Angeles burns down then we crack down and then Mexico makes a public statement about how harsh we are treating Hispanics... and we have millions here already willing to break the law and come here. They are put down and made to feel inferior daily. Folks, that is very ripe tender to be waiving matches around.

Reactions: From-the-stands
So get some guns and get ready to start offing undocumented people?

Question is it murder if they are illegal? Seems like a tricky situation Z.

Not to take what you say lightly, but come on man you thing if Trump is elected that we will be at war with Mexicans and Mexico? [laughing]

There are 3 states with unusually strong seccessionist movements: Hawaii, Alaska, and Texas. Of course there are more but those 3 are the most fertile grounds.

If Trump wins and Hispanics start burning shit and waving their Mexican flags (which rightfully so is terrible optics but you can't convince them it isn't) then you could have a backlash, then a backlash... things could spiral out of control along already well established fault lines.

Both Democrats and Republicans had better dial this stuff back in the general or we really could be looking at an ungovernable situation. Also, anyone that thinks allowing massive numbers of undocumented aliens into your country is a good idea needs to reflect on the mess we're in if we do get into an open confrontation with Mexico. Say Trump wins then half of Los Angeles burns down then we crack down and then Mexico makes a public statement about how harsh we are treating Hispanics... and we have millions here already willing to break the law and come here. They are put down and made to feel inferior daily. Folks, that is very ripe tender to be waiving matches around.

So the solution is?
How about building special, low-cost prisons for illegal imms.? Build them in Alaska out on the tundra. Wouldn't need any fences. Build a few buildings for them to sleep and eat in. Let them go outside for recreation whenever they wanted. For those who've had children while in the US, give them the option of taking their kids with them, sending them back to mehico or giving them up for adoption.

Last edited:
So get some guns and get ready to start offing undocumented people?

Question is it murder if they are illegal? Seems like a tricky situation Z.

Not to take what you say lightly, but come on man you thing if Trump is elected that we will be at war with Mexicans and Mexico? [laughing]

If trump is elected, I think z is right that things could get ugly in cities like Los Angeles. I fear people's propensity to generalize. We've already seen how Hispanic Americans have been treated at trump rallies based on nothing more thsn the color of their skin. Those people are idiots and not the norm.

Likewise, there are gangs in my neighborhood who have been known to target people of other races when tensions get high. Again, those people are idiots and not the norm, but z is right. LA is a powder keg and I fear the idiots on both sides.

If trump is elected, I think z is right that things could get ugly in cities like Los Angeles. I fear people's propensity to generalize. We've already seen how Hispanic Americans have been treated at trump rallies based on nothing more thsn the color of their skin. Those people are idiots and not the norm.

Likewise, there are gangs in my neighborhood who have been known to target people of other races when tensions get high. Again, those people are idiots and not the norm, but z is right. LA is a powder keg and I fear the idiots on both sides.
It is time to light that keg and let civil unrest show us what direction this country should go.

Seen how people are treated at Trump rallies? Goodness so I guess if I, a typical mid 30s white dude, goes in the west end and I get robbed it's totally on them?

Um, no! I should f'n know better because that just might happen. Why is it only white people should be smart enough to avoid bad situations?

You go to a trump rally, knowing damn well you're not voting for him, and cause interruptions simply to draw attention and you just might get what you are asking for!

It's really simple people, quit playing victims and try to be smart

Reactions: ram1955
Seen how people are treated at Trump rallies? Goodness so I guess if I, a typical mid 30s white dude, goes in the west end and I get robbed it's totally on them?

Um, no! I should f'n know better because that just might happen. Why is it only white people should be smart enough to avoid bad situations?

You go to a trump rally, knowing damn well you're not voting for him, and cause interruptions simply to draw attention and you just might get what you are asking for!

It's really simple people, quit playing victims and try to be smart

I'll find the article the guy wrote at some point, but he wasn't a protester. Just a guy that was curious about why people were flocking to trump. Just for being present, he had slurs thrown at him. To top it off, he wasn't even Mexican. I think he was from Nicaragua.

I'll find the article the guy wrote at some point, but he wasn't a protester. Just a guy that was curious about why people were flocking to trump. Just for being present, he had slurs thrown at him. To top it off, he wasn't even Mexican. I think he was from Nicaragua.
So, one guy? Forget all the people protesting and destroying property. Some minority got called a name. Lol

Liberals are funny.

Reactions: drawing_dead
He got it on video and not off of a political paycheck right? I mean there is no lying in politics to discredit the opposition in our country.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
I love people, just step out of their way, invite them to out themselves and they do 100% of the time almost.

Johnny Depp said Donald Trump will be the last President of the United States. That is probably the best warning yet I've seen as to the rise of Donald Trump. In an effort to defeat him the Democrats are really stoking the racial fires and Trump has been only too happy to also play the race card in winning the Republican nomination.

In the end we could very well have Hillary racking up huge numbers in states like California and really casting Trump as a virulent racist... but you can't put that genie back in the bottle once the election is over and I wouldn't doubt there will be considerable civic unrest with maybe Los Angeles and/or Fresno burning to the ground if Trump wins.

If you have read this board very long you know I have long warned that Mexico is the greatest security threat the United States faces and I am the only person for a decade that has said that. When Trump wins I have a feeling people will finally realize the danger of allowing a foreign country to have millions of undocumented aliens within your borders as if things do go south and Hispanics rise up in this country we will be quickly overwhelmed in many major American cities and Trump is the matchstick to that tinderbox with the Democrats supplying the tinder in trying to win the election along racial lines.
You underestimate the millions of weapons and billions of rounds white Americans have put away over the past 8 years.....

Reactions: P19978
So the solution is?
How about building special, low-cost prisons for illegal imms.? Build them in Alaska out on the tundra. Wouldn't need any fences. Build a few buildings for them to sleep and eat in. Let them go outside for recreation whenever they wanted. For those who've had children while in the US, give them the option of taking their kids with them, sending them back to mehico or giving them up for adoption.
Need to tone down the rhetoric (which isn't going to happen) and then both political parties need to agree that immigration must be managed (which isn't going to happen) and that you can't have millions of illegal aliens in your country as that is a direct security threat.

I am not talking out of my ass. I have waited in the long lines and waited multiple years to do things the correct way in the legal immigration process. I have close ties to Mexico and have traveled extensively there. Anti-Americanism is strong and we are blamed for virtually all their ills. The colleges are festering with Anti-Americanism and the political class finds it useful to use the US as their boogieman. Trump is fanning those flames hard.

The idiot above that talked about a war with Mexico is just one example of people that don't understand the kindling that is scattered about. It does not take a war, it just takes 10 or 20 thousand out of the millions that are here illegally to do a helluva lot of damage and then the backlash and repercussions such unrest could cause. Large sections of our country could be uncontrollable and if black folks suddenly decided to join in you could really see a country spiral out of control simply by virtue of a Trump election setting off a chain of tragic events. Very realistic possibility if they don't tone things down on the campaign trail.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was threatening to happen in your town?
It would probably happen all over the U.S. You think that there are unhappy people just in the large cities or border states? Americans all over are tired of the crap. Why do you think Trump is doing so well. The ignorance in this country is really astounding. Every side thinks they are the ones getting screwed. Time to rise up and change the direction we are going.

It would probably happen all over the U.S. You think that there are unhappy people just in the large cities or border states? Americans all over are tired of the crap. Why do you think Trump is doing so well. The ignorance in this country is really astounding. Every side thinks they are the ones getting screwed. Time to rise up and change the direction we are going.

I agree that things need to change. We are firmly entrenched in bread and circuses right now. Our empire is declining, as have all empires throughout the course of time. The problem with rising up, as you put it, is that it usually means Revolution. Not the little kind that's happening all the time but the big R kind, and that's not particularly a good thing. It will be bloody, violent and in the end something will probably come of it that isn't quite what people had in mind when they started.

In order to change directions, I think this needs to change. Both sides of the political spectrum need to realize that both sides are needed. Somehow, that has changed dramatically over the last few years to the point where people are automatically and vehemently opposed to another person based on the political label they are given. Fact is our founding fathers managed to craft a rule of law and governance that has changed the world, and they did it while having drastically opposing views on how it should go down. But go down it did, with compromise and collaboration. That collaboration is sorely lacking these days, and our leaders aren't showing us the way.

I agree that things need to change. We are firmly entrenched in bread and circuses right now. Our empire is declining, as have all empires throughout the course of time. The problem with rising up, as you put it, is that it usually means Revolution. Not the little kind that's happening all the time but the big R kind, and that's not particularly a good thing. It will be bloody, violent and in the end something will probably come of it that isn't quite what people had in mind when they started.

In order to change directions, I think this needs to change. Both sides of the political spectrum need to realize that both sides are needed. Somehow, that has changed dramatically over the last few years to the point where people are automatically and vehemently opposed to another person based on the political label they are given. Fact is our founding fathers managed to craft a rule of law and governance that has changed the world, and they did it while having drastically opposing views on how it should go down. But go down it did, with compromise and collaboration. That collaboration is sorely lacking these days, and our leaders aren't showing us the way.
Mostly, the biggest problem is our govrrnment. Keeping us divided keeps them in power. "We won the election, deal with it" is not the way to go forward. It satisfies only half of the nation and pisses the other half off. I see a fight coming and it could be bloody like you said unless we the people tell the politcians that enough is enough and it starts with you.

So the solution is?
This would increase US prison population 5 fold from roughly 2.5 million to 13.5 million. I'm sure Corrections Corporation would like a piece of that boondoggle.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Want a revolution, quit reelection scum bags like Mitch, Pelosi, Reid, and many others in Washington.

Reactions: stevo51
Well I'm the idiot joking about a war because that's basically what your saying. 10-20 thousand could do a helluva lot of damage? Really! No shit! That's a damn war!

Also, I think you fail to realize that in general America is to blame for Mexico. We intentionally keep them broke in order to capatilize on their labor force. It is intentional and it could be fixed but we don't want it fixed.

Then there is the simple fact of do you think illegal Mexicans here really want to cause unrest with a president willing to send troops to clear them out? Before you say something stupid the answer no. They won't do it nor will anything happen. Mexicans, or at least the majority, are actually a keep to yourself type of group that honestly only cause real problems amongst themselves.

If they want to burn down LA I'm cool with that by the way, and if your in LA and have been warned of this and are really worried then I'd say move. But you won't therefore good luck! Meanwhile here in KY all my Mexican buddies will continue on doing business daily in a respectful manner.

Need to tone down the rhetoric (which isn't going to happen) and then both political parties need to agree that immigration must be managed (which isn't going to happen) and that you can't have millions of illegal aliens in your country as that is a direct security threat.

I am not talking out of my ass. I have waited in the long lines and waited multiple years to do things the correct way in the legal immigration process. I have close ties to Mexico and have traveled extensively there. Anti-Americanism is strong and we are blamed for virtually all their ills. The colleges are festering with Anti-Americanism and the political class finds it useful to use the US as their boogieman. Trump is fanning those flames hard.

The idiot above that talked about a war with Mexico is just one example of people that don't understand the kindling that is scattered about. It does not take a war, it just takes 10 or 20 thousand out of the millions that are here illegally to do a helluva lot of damage and then the backlash and repercussions such unrest could cause. Large sections of our country could be uncontrollable and if black folks suddenly decided to join in you could really see a country spiral out of control simply by virtue of a Trump election setting off a chain of tragic events. Very realistic possibility if they don't tone things down on the campaign trail.

Yet, toning down the rhetoric doesn't do anything to handle a real problem. Minimizing the problem won't solve it. Not offending illegals; being nice and genteel won't keep them from entering our country, draining our resources, engaging in crime and unproductive lifestyles (many but not all). If anti-Americanism is rampant, what is it they want from us??? Bama's idea was to equalize America with the rest of the world...unfortunately not by elevating the rest of the world to our level, but by bringing us down to their's. I'm 100% for opening our borders to the best and brightest; those that want to assimilate into the American culture.

The "revolution" is coming. When there is an elimination of the middle class, leaving only haves and have-nots, that's a recipe for a blow-up. It won't be Mexicans revolting, but our own people.

I have no idea what the solution is.

Reactions: drawing_dead
The US isn't keeping Mexico poor, its ruling class does that.
Mexico is what the US is heading towards. A class of ultra rich, an extremely small middle class, and a large poor population.
Bingo. Not sure how long it will take but that is essentially where we are heading. Either that or Greece when we go completely bankrupt. Dems want them for their votes and Reps want them for the cheap labor. Both parties are completely guilty yet Americans are fighting each other over the issue even though we have been the ones sold out by our government. This country is in serious trouble.

Last edited:
Yet, toning down the rhetoric doesn't do anything to handle a real problem. Minimizing the problem won't solve it. Not offending illegals; being nice and genteel won't keep them from entering our country, draining our resources, engaging in crime and unproductive lifestyles (many but not all). If anti-Americanism is rampant, what is it they want from us??? Bama's idea was to equalize America with the rest of the world...unfortunately not by elevating the rest of the world to our level, but by bringing us down to their's. I'm 100% for opening our borders to the best and brightest; those that want to assimilate into the American culture.
Getting angry at the people trying to improve their lot in life is pointless. You would do it if you were in their shoes, I would do it... They come here because people are willing to give them jobs. The idea that they are coming for public benefits is asinine as is the idea that as a group they are "engaging in crime and unproductive lifestyles". Most illegals that are here wish to remain under the radar.
Also what is stupid is believing that a wall is going to keep them out.
The anti-illegal crowd has been hood-winked by the people who are using them for profit. It's like blaming drugs for getting people high.
As long as there is a demand, the demand will be fulfilled. Until something is done to stem that demand you might as well stand and piss into a gale force wind.

Bingo. Not sure how long it will take but that is essentially where we are heading. Either that or Greece when we go completely bankrupt. Dems want for their votes and Reps want them for the cheap labor. Both parties are completely guilty yet Americans are fighting each other over the issue even though we have been the ones sold out by our government. This country is in serious trouble.
The government is a reflection of the people. We elect those people who tell us what we want to hear. Congress has a lower approval rating than the POTUS but we continue to re-elect the same people over and over. It's not our Congressman who is the problem...it's everybody else's...it's not my team's problem, it's the other team's fault. We bitch about government spending but we reward those who bring home the pork.

Reactions: thornie1
The US isn't keeping Mexico poor, its ruling class does that.
Mexico is what the US is heading towards. A class of ultra rich, an extremely small middle class, and a large poor population.
Mexico's ruling class doesn't determine labor rates paid by American companies in Mexico. When I worked in Mexico and needed to hire a position I had two wage scales...one if they were a US citizen and another if they were Mexican. It was one of the major reasons I left the job. It was completely up to me who I could hire...a US citizen at $60K or an equally qualified Mexican at $25K.
Yes, Mexico's ruling class is no different that the US ruling class.

Been out of town and offline since Thursday evening, got back late yesterday...so no, I haven't ready the last few pages.
There are a lot of "Dems" who are supporting Bernie who did not support those actions. There are also a LARGE number Republicans who are condemning HRC for supporting the same actions that they called for and have supported.

I guess you are also forgetting that the GOP nominee also supported HRC as well as supports many causes that would be toxic to any other GOP candidate.

fuzz77, Friday at 8:06 AM [laughing]

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Getting angry at the people trying to improve their lot in life is pointless. You would do it if you were in their shoes, I would do it... They come here because people are willing to give them jobs. The idea that they are coming for public benefits is asinine as is the idea that as a group they are "engaging in crime and unproductive lifestyles". Most illegals that are here wish to remain under the radar.
Also what is stupid is believing that a wall is going to keep them out.
The anti-illegal crowd has been hood-winked by the people who are using them for profit. It's like blaming drugs for getting people high.
As long as there is a demand, the demand will be fulfilled. Until something is done to stem that demand you might as well stand and piss into a gale force wind.
When they find out there is a lot of things they can get for free of course they will come. Add that to better paying jobs then what they have at home and you have what we have today. To assume none of them come for a handout is ignorant.

When they find out there is a lot of things they can get for free of course they will come. Add that to better paying jobs then what they have at home and you have what we have today. To assume none of them come for a handout is ignorant.
None of them...as in zero?
How about very small percentage?

Regardless, without someone giving them those jobs the big majority of them aren't coming and/or aren't staying here. It is just as illegal to hire them as it is for them to be here. Until you stem the demand, the supply will continue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT