POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it interesting in that the two things that plague us most are religion and greed. Both are based on intangible fantasy. Getting religion out of politics is an absolute must and that has been obvious since our founding. Greed is a little tougher.

If a man truly works hard then he will create something that is tangible and thus reap his just rewards for his effort and his risk. What must be addressed are those that create nothing at everyone else's risk for their own disproportional reward. There must be a complete overhaul of the financial industry and a return to rigid bank regulation that existed prior to the Reagan administration. Also, a return to strong Unionization in this country that can exact it's own stiff protections against corporate global cherry picking. A balance needs to be returned to our country and jettisoning religion from politics and returning to some semblance of financial accountability are the baselines from where we must begin if we are to begin at all.

Anything short of that is going to end in revolution and collapse. Wholly.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
No way Cuban would do it. Early on, he was a Trump quasi supporter and was very anti hillary, iirc. Just like Trump, he saw a good way to get his name in the headlines and took it.

Plus, one of the articles I read had a very misleading headline. Cuban said Hillary needed someone like Cuban, not that Cuban actually volunteered for the job. Or thats the way I took it.

Either way, I hope Cuban gets involved in politics sooner rather than later.
Are you referring to the Business Insider one? We might've been reading the same thing.

Cuban had a great point though. While Trump is very effective at showing empathy for the common man (or at least great at faking it), he hasn't shown the ability to solve the problems the common man faces. I think Cuban said something along the lines of "you actually have to DO the job if you get it, Donald"

Are you referring to the Business Insider one? We might've been reading the same thing.

Cuban had a great point though. While Trump is very effective at showing empathy for the common man (or at least great at faking it), he hasn't shown the ability to solve the problems the common man faces. I think Cuban said something along the lines of "you actually have to DO the job if you get it, Donald"

Ya that was it. Cuban is dead on. Even if you look at Trumps business history, his biggest successes is where he makes the sale or puts the deal together and doesnt require long term involvement. He usually outsources his property management, maybe for that reason.

Cuban would be great. Too bad hes not thrown his hat in the ring....yet.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Even if you are extremely religious, devout even, then I don't understand why you would not see the urgency in removing religion from politics. Religion asks for faith. A belief in some unprovable thing. That is incompatible with politics. We cannot have arguments, laws, and regulations made from "trust" in some abstract belief system nor can we extend our trust based simply upon who attends what particular random building on Sundays. We need to judge men and ideas from an objective, testable, reasonable, and hopefully provable standpoint without some whimsical cloud interfering in the already difficult process of achieving a political consensus on difficult issues.

“No student should ever have to go through the experience of feeling unwelcome at school or on a college campus,”

"equal access must be given to transgender students even in instances when it makes others uncomfortable,"

hmmmmmm

Funny. Obama and Co fail to realize that door swings both ways. No student should ever have to feel unwelcome? What about the students who feel unwelcome because someone of the opposite sex is in their dressing room? Guess that doesnt count.

I get trans people want to use the bathroom of their gender. Im even ok with that. But there absolutely must be an objective standard for when this is allowable. It cant just be totally left up to the individual to decide which dressing room theyll use. 95% of the time, it will be done with good intentions. But the other 5% of the time are just too devastating, without the objective standard.

"In response to President Obama's proposed bathroom rules for public schools...

It is difficult to imagine a more absurd federal overreach into a local issue. Under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the federal government has no authority to interfere in local school districts' bathroom policies.

The President is not promoting unity. In fact, he is doing quite the opposite. He is intentionally dividing America by threatening to sue or withhold funding from our cash-strapped public schools if they do not agree with his personal opinion on policies that remain squarely in their jurisdiction. They should not feel compelled to bow to such intimidation.

My administration is researching the options available for ensuring that this local issue is decided by Kentuckians, not by bureaucrats in Washington."

-Matt Bevin

Reactions: WettCat
Nothing turns everything into a pile of unmanageable shit quite like religion does. If you can't at a base level begin from a rational point of what is real independent of fantasy then nothing lasting can be achieved. Which is why our Founding Fathers separated politics from religion and on the flip side demonstrates why the middle east is perpetually aflame. Sadly we are allowing this same religious poison to seep in and destroy us similarly. You cannot govern from a standpoint of fantasy.

Explain to me how leftist ideology is any less of religious ideology? You have specific viewpoints on those things and if anyone doesn't agree with you you get pissed and try to ruin them.

Take a look at the leftist mobs on our campuses and at any Republican event. The "career victims" are always out fighting those who don't agree with them and trying to force their BS on others yet say they don't want religion pushed on them. Oh, okay. But your leftist cult ideology is totally okay to force on kids and everyone else and using the federal government to do it is totally okay?

These people act like this without the notion of God (Other things or people are their God but never mind that) so if religion ended tomorrow, it wouldnt stop this dangerous ideology or their tactics.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia has purchased billions in weapons from us over the years. Does that count? Did we provide free weapons and training to the radical Islamic groups that would later become the Taliban, Al Queda, ISIS or did they pay for them? I can't remember.

No that is on a separate acct I guess. When the Americans are in the Middle East I don't care who pays except us, we shouldn't be paying to protect those incompetent goat loving gingers.

[QUOTE"meeksfor3, post: 4557738, member: 4708"]I think the same can be said about Hispanics, Blacks and many other areas. According to some electing Obama, our first black president, would be electing the savior that would unify our country but he has only driven it further apart.[/QUOTE]

Which is rather ironic since it took a lot of the white vote to help him win. Then he pretty much turns around and spits in their faces and due to much white guilt, they just accept it and say, "We deserve it"

1) no one expects you to march in Black Lives Matter protests. It's when people choose to ignore societal issues and divert attention by saying "All Lives Matter" that it becomes questionable.

2) no one expects you to throw a party or buy the bar out because gay marriage is legal. It's when people choose to direct hate towards gay people and attempt to legislate morality that it becomes questionable.

3) no one expects you to like Caitlynn Jenner or even not curse her name in your own home. It's when people choose to denigrate her and use her as a vehicle to direct their preexisting bigotry that it becomes questionable.

1. All lives do matter; Black no more or less than white and vice versa.
2. So it's only trying to legislate morality if you are opposed to gay/lesbian marriage, etc...?
3. Agree re: Bruce Jenner, he is human. Hurtful comments are not necessary. He deserves our sympathy as he is obviously mentally ill.

Nothing turns everything into a pile of unmanageable shit quite like religion does. If you can't at a base level begin from a rational point of what is real independent of fantasy then nothing lasting can be achieved. Which is why our Founding Fathers separated politics from religion and on the flip side demonstrates why the middle east is perpetually aflame. Sadly we are allowing this same religious poison to seep in and destroy us similarly. You cannot govern from a standpoint of fantasy.

Their separation of politics and religion was not a statement against religion. Their decision was to avoid a situation of forced religion by government with the Church of England being the specific reason for their separation decision.

Even if you are extremely religious, devout even, then I don't understand why you would not see the urgency in removing religion from politics. Religion asks for faith. A belief in some unprovable thing. That is incompatible with politics. We cannot have arguments, laws, and regulations made from "trust" in some abstract belief system nor can we extend our trust based simply upon who attends what particular random building on Sundays. We need to judge men and ideas from an objective, testable, reasonable, and hopefully provable standpoint without some whimsical cloud interfering in the already difficult process of achieving a political consensus on difficult issues.
How do you determine right from wrong? Is it always testable?

Ya that was it. Cuban is dead on. Even if you look at Trumps business history, his biggest successes is where he makes the sale or puts the deal together and doesnt require long term involvement. He usually outsources his property management, maybe for that reason.

Cuban would be great. Too bad hes not thrown his hat in the ring....yet.

He's my guy if he ever runs. Would nail it.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I read that study. Dr. McHugh accurately points out that transgender is a mental disorder. Also, people need to read up on the case of the LA Times former sports writer, Mike Penner, who became a woman for a bit and then returned to being a male before killing himself.

We have lost our freaking minds with the leftist running things.

At what other point in history would this crap be tolerated and deemed "okay?"
Whoa.....that's ****** up right there.

Btw, 6 year old girl, you owe child support on your biological children. Or are we excusing that too?

Hillary should walk directly to the White House and strangle Obama with her bare hands for stoking the fires on the idiotic transgender bathroom nonsense.

This just kills me. Look at the immeasurably important critical issues facing not just our country, or every country, but questions that directly impact the financial systems of the world, the world itself in climate change, and our role in policing the world and applying superior military force effectively and more importantly appropriately.

But politicians and religious nuts want to talk about transgender bathrooms. Seriously, trans-gender-bathrooms.

I feel like Rorschach... The world will look up at shout "SAVE ME" and I'll whisper.... "no".

Also, where are you hearing this "hostility" toward gays? Ridiculous and probably a result of where you live and your inner circle because in California, no one says anything negative about homosexuals.
Are you serious? Maybe I missed the other part of this conversation. But if you're suggesting there isn't hostility toward gays then you may want to check the hate crime statistics.

For the record, I firmly believe in the separation of church and state. However, I think our country would be in much better shape if the population would turn back to God in terms of worldview and lifestyle. We are the the same road that Russia was on before their revolution IMO. Turn away from belief in God, give more power to the government to right the ills of society and attempt to correct wealth inequality. It's a paper tiger IMO. Sounds good, but doesn't end up very well.

I see fuzz is still being a giant coward. No surprise

Well then why don't you say whatever it is you're expecting him to say.

- I say negative gay stuff every time something seems gay or someone acts gay. I really don't mean anything by it but my whole life it was never a big deal until I hit my 30's. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Why would I say what he will say? And you don't mean things to be negative even though you know they're negative when you say them?

Literally nothing in that post made sense

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Fuzz's updated questions answered to questions asked ratio is 1*/3429

*Note - no actual record of him answering a question without asking multiple rathole rambling questions of his own

Reactions: TransyCat09
Hillary should walk directly to the White House and strangle Obama with her bare hands for stoking the fires on the idiotic transgender bathroom nonsense.

This just kills me. Look at the immeasurably important critical issues facing not just our country, or every country, but questions that directly impact the financial systems of the world, the world itself in climate change, and our role in policing the world and applying superior military force effectively and more importantly appropriately.

But politicians and religious nuts want to talk about transgender bathrooms. Seriously, trans-gender-bathrooms.

I feel like Rorschach... The world will look up at shout "SAVE ME" and I'll whisper.... "no".

Each of those important issues you mention is, without a doubt, rooted in a moral problem. It's one thing to try to legislate morality...it cannot be done. It's an entirely different thing when the government and other forces want to legislate as being "right" things that are immoral. Yeah, the restroom thing may seem inconsequential to some, but it's just one more thing those that who oppose traditional standards of morality are trying to force upon the rest of us. Even this silly issue has an unnecessary, but easy solution....designate one restroom in every building a "transgender" restroom....Easy enough. But they won't accept that...they insist upon us saying "uncle".."We accept that your lifestyle is normal"..."We embrace it"..."In fact, it's our traditional hetero-sexual lifestyle that is and has been wrong all along".....

Like you, I believe it is a silly issue. So why won't "they" drop it?

Ok so no one has been told something that is weird and said that's gay! Doesn't mean I hate the gays.

Transy then why do you keep calling for fuzz, wtf is so important that you get him(even though he's posted since you started calling for him 2 days ago).

^ that's quite Bullitt Co. of you, krazy.

Or it's also called not being a p*ssy! When I'm an idiot and you call me an idiot I guess your in the wrong. I don't live by stupid standards set by a bunch judgmental crybabies that think they are perfect but point the finger at everyone else's faults.

I know I'm not flawless so go ahead and have some fun at my expense.

Ok so no one has been told something that is weird and said that's gay! Doesn't mean I hate the gays.

Transy then why do you keep calling for fuzz, wtf is so important that you get him(even though he's posted since you started calling for him 2 days ago).
No, I don't say something is gay. I'm not 12 years old. I don't think it's the same thing as hating gay people, but it's stupid nonetheless

He questioned me twice about something, made ridiculous claims, then refused to answer to the fact that he is wrong. I'm just going to continue to post that he is a coward until he admits he is wrong or stupid. Pretty standard message board stuff

Reactions: Bill Cosby
Oh well in that case Team Transy.

-wwwhhhhaaaa you called me 12 yrs old! That has to be age discrimination or something.........

No, I don't say something is gay. I'm not 12 years old. I don't think it's the same thing as hating gay people, but it's stupid nonetheless

He questioned me twice about something, made ridiculous claims, then refused to answer to the fact that he is wrong. I'm just going to continue to post that he is a coward until he admits he is wrong or stupid. Pretty standard message board stuff
Maybe if they start honoring people for bravery on message boards you can use the word "coward" to describe someone else. It just looks like you're full of yourself.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z

CNN and the NYT are blistering Trump now, but before he became the presumptive nominee they sort of gave him a pass. It's almost like they wanted him to win the nomination, but nothing more.

CNN and the NYT are blistering Trump now, but before he became the presumptive nominee they sort of gave him a pass. It's almost like they wanted him to win the nomination, but nothing more.
It's almost like it was predicted. Heh.

And you ain't seen nothing yet. The media plays favorites, naturally - always has. I doubt we've ever seen the likes of what they intend to do to Trump in the 6 months. The goal will be to make him radioactive. I suspect they will succeed.

Reactions: jamo0001
Any reasonably intelligent person will consider the positions espoused by the mainstream media and, after thorough consideration, will assume the direct opposite position.

The Black Lives Matter movement would've done themselves a whole lot of service by adding the word "Too" to the end. I've always assumed that's the inference but a whole lot of you clearly don't.
Also if they had picked a better case to back from the start.

You know, not the giant bully that got high, robbed and assaulted a store clerk, walked down the middle of the street, attacked a police officer through his window, then bull rushed said police officer (with his hands down), ultimately resulting in his demise.

And those kinds of things.

It's almost like it was predicted. Heh.

And you ain't seen nothing yet. The media plays favorites, naturally - always has. I doubt we've ever seen the likes of what they intend to do to Trump in the 6 months. The goal will be to make him radioactive. I suspect they will succeed.

I'm looking for FOX to get much kinder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT