POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol no, it's just business. Media business. Ain't no damn conspiracy lol. It's all right there on the airwaves for all to hear and see.
Yeah, we all know because we hear about "the liberal media" on the radio every day.

What the "media" does is expose pretty much all views on all things. That to someone who only wants to hear a straight line message is "liberal". Conservatives aren't interested in a free press, they want a censored press that only presents the conservative line...like what they get on right-wing radio. If only Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Mark Lavin and company controlled the airwaves would they be happy.

I hate to break it to the conservatives out there but any truly free press is going to be liberal in nature. Journalism like the arts and teaching will in general attract more people who are liberal in their nature which means that it is more apt to present all the sides to a story. That isn't some 20th or 21st century conspiracy, it's a historical norm that dates back centuries if not to the beginning of time.

We have an example of what conservative media looks and sounds like. We hear it every day through the voices of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Mark Lavin...

Yeah, we all know because we hear about "the liberal media" on the radio every day.

What the "media" does is expose pretty much all views on all things. That to someone who only wants to hear a straight line message is "liberal". Conservatives aren't interested in a free press, they want a censored press that only presents the conservative line...like what they get on right-wing radio. If only Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Mark Lavin and company controlled the airwaves would they be happy.

I hate to break it to the conservatives out there but any truly free press is going to be liberal in nature. Journalism like the arts and teaching will in general attract more people who are liberal in their nature which means that it is more apt to present all the sides to a story. That isn't some 20th or 21st century conspiracy, it's a historical norm that dates back centuries if not to the beginning of time.

We have an example of what conservative media looks and sounds like. We hear it every day through the voices of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, Mark Lavin...

Except the news isnt supposed to be slanted. Limbaugh, etc are all forms of entertainment and make no bones about what they are (and they all suck btw).

I wouldnt even mind the news being slanted, if they would just admit that. Its their projected neutrality that makes it dangerous.

Obama to wrap up his American apology world tour at Hiroshima. Any of their leaders ever go to Hawaii and apologize for Pearl Harbor, or nah?

7 1/2 years of the man's hatred of America & trying to 'fix' all the wrong he thinks we have inflicted on the world has been astounding to watch. maybe before next Jan 20th he can do a stop over to say we are sorry to the Barbary Pirates of Tripoli?

Obama gets a bigger kick out of going to Hiroshima than USS Arizona I guess. All the old timers will tell you that dropping the bomb saved lives. The Japs weren't gonna surrender. I go to church with a old guy who was en route to Japan for a D Day style invasion when Japs surrendered because of the bombs we dropped. Nobody enjoyed it, but it was war, and it needed to end.

Except the news isnt supposed to be slanted. Limbaugh, etc are all forms of entertainment and make no bones about what they are (and they all suck btw).

I wouldnt even mind the news being slanted, if they would just admit that. Its their projected neutrality that makes it dangerous.
Then you should watch Fox News. They make no bones about it being, not only slanted, but completely one sided.

Then you should watch Fox News. They make no bones about it being, not only slanted, but completely one sided.

I dont watch any television news. But if you read my post, my biggest complaint is with the mediums whom claim to be objective and impartial, yet are anything but. So if Fox news makes no bones about it, thats fine by me. At least the viewer knows what theyre getting into.

What Facebook is doing is actually a very big deal. In journalism, there are codes of ethics, which is why journalist get fired all the time.

Omitting stories and pushing agendas is no big deal if you're MSNBC or Fox because they make no pretense about being impartial. However, Facebook claims their trending section is a mindless algorithm and the trending news section is organic. In actuality, they're a gate keeper suppressing stories and info to influence public opinion. That's propaganda and similar to BS North Korea does. With 1.5 billion users, that's a big deal.

The Facebook employees said they were told to blacklist the following (and insert stories that weren't even actually trending thay went along with their views).

- Any mention of IRS Lois Lerner
- Chris Kyle from American Sniper
- Drudge Report
- Steven Crowder
- Any stories about Facebook
- Conservative politicians (Paul, Romney, Cruz, etc)

And more

Last edited:
I dont watch any television news. But if you read my post, my biggest complaint is with the mediums whom claim to be objective and impartial, yet are anything but. So if Fox news makes no bones about it, thats fine by me. At least the viewer knows what theyre getting into.
Question...how do YOU know that it is slanted? What is your factual basis to judge?
Unless you are an eye witness to an event then to say that the report you heard was slanted in one direction or the other is merely an injection of your own personal confirmation bias. And even eye witnesses to an event can see the event in different ways.

Conservative media is constantly telling its readers/listeners that everything reported has "liberal bias". Do they every say, "We are conservative bias"? Fox News says it's "Fair and Balanced" yet 80% of their programming is overtly aimed at conservatives. But what is really funny is now conservatives are attacking Fox for their treatment of Trump. Except those attacks are from all sides of the right. Fox gives him too much coverage, Fox is too mean to Trump... Megyn Kelly, once the darling of conservatives is now their punching bag for actually asking Trump some hard questions. God forbid that anyone ask POTUS candidates any difficult questions...

What Facebook is doing is actually a very big deal. In journalism, there are codes of ethics, which is why journalist get fired all the time.

Omitting stories and pushing agendas is no big deal if you're MSNBC or Fox because they make no pretense about being impartial. However, Facebook claims their trending section is a mindless algorithm and the trending news section is organic. In actuality, they're a gate keeper suppressing stories and info to influence public opinion. That's propaganda and similar to BS North Korea does. With 1.5 billion users, that's a big deal.

The Facebook employees said they were told to black list the following (and insert stories that weren't even actjally trending thay went along with their views).

- Any mention of IRS Lois Lerner
- Chris Kyle from American Sniper
- Drudge Report
- Steven Crowder
- Any stories about Facebook
- Conservative politicians (Paul, Romney, Cruz, etc)

And more
All I can say is that they did a piss-poor job doing so because I see tons of all of those things on FB just about every day.
BTW, if you are going to FB for your news...other than what Sally said to Suzy...you're an idiot.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Question...how do YOU know that it is slanted? What is your factual basis to judge?
Unless you are an eye witness to an event then to say that the report you heard was slanted in one direction or the other is merely an injection of your own personal confirmation bias. And even eye witnesses to an event can see the event in different ways.

Conservative media is constantly telling its readers/listeners that everything reported has "liberal bias". Do they every say, "We are conservative bias"? Fox News says it's "Fair and Balanced" yet 80% of their programming is overtly aimed at conservatives. But what is really funny is now conservatives are attacking Fox for their treatment of Trump. Except those attacks are from all sides of the right. Fox gives him too much coverage, Fox is too mean to Trump... Megyn Kelly, once the darling of conservatives is now their punching bag for actually asking Trump some hard questions. God forbid that anyone ask POTUS candidates any difficult questions...

I dont have to know anything. Clintons emails, Facebooks strategy, and other similar stories tell you what you need to know. Or you can stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt happen. Actually, you probably know it happens but too much of a cheerleader to admit anything.

All I can say is that they did a piss-poor job doing so because I see tons of all of those things on FB just about every day.
BTW, if you are going to FB for your news...other than what Sally said to Suzy...you're an idiot.

Youre completely missing the point. Or intentionally misrepresenting it. Either way:

conservative topics and topics negative to liberals were pushed down from the trending topics. The same trending topics that we were all lead to believe were organic. Looks like they were anything but.

Had nothing to do with hiding an individuals post.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
He is already talking LOUD about Bill's falandering around and Hiliary enabling it but then attacking the females and destroying them as people.

Probably be a lot more than Monica to come out and confirm all this has happened.

Hiliary knows she is in a world of shit and all her skeletons are coming out, she is attacking quick and very unsuccessful. First Obama runs her out now Trump, when does she get tired of losing?
Well yeah, because that's all he's got. His policies are not only a joke but will result in an economic apocalypse. He has no idea what he's doing and all the idiots with 6th grade intellects eat it up. Bill Clinton's escapades are so important compared to all these small problems that our country has to deal with.

Trump's rise really does show how racist the Republican party has become. We've yelled about it for years and you all hid your head in the sand. But the truth has slipped out.

I haven't voted since 1992 but I just went in and registered to vote yesterday. Have a feeling I'm not the only one. No one but the crazies in the Republican party want a bigot in the White House.

Obama to wrap up his American apology world tour at Hiroshima. Any of their leaders ever go to Hawaii and apologize for Pearl Harbor, or nah?

7 1/2 years of the man's hatred of America & trying to 'fix' all the wrong he thinks we have inflicted on the world has been astounding to watch. maybe before next Jan 20th he can do a stop over to say we are sorry to the Barbary Pirates of Tripoli?
All while leading a drone assassination campaign that kills innocent people 90% of the time. Without due process of course. Just because they "potentially" might be a threat. I'm no expert, but if any other country was doing that here, or say England or France, it would be a war crime. But the rules don't apply to us.

Reactions: WettCat
Well yeah, because that's all he's got. His policies are not only a joke but will result in an economic apocalypse. He has no idea what he's doing and all the idiots with 6th grade intellects eat it up. Bill Clinton's escapades are so important compared to all these small problems that our country has to deal with..

[laughing]

Policies? You mean like Benghazi? NAFTA? Big bank take little bank? More spending? Free everything and increased min wages?

Those the policies that you like?

Please explain what is so good about Clinton, please!

I dont have to know anything. Clintons emails, Facebooks strategy, and other similar stories tell you what you need to know. Or you can stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt happen. Actually, you probably know it happens but too much of a cheerleader to admit anything.
What you know about Clinton's emails are all through reporting. I assume that you want the "mainstream media" to harp on the subject matter 24/7. You say that you want the media to not be bias yet it sounds to me like you want it to drive an agenda. We all know about HRC's email server. It is up to the FBI to determine if any laws were broken and bring charges. You have made up your mind...but do you have all the facts?
If charges are brought then the media will report it. I'm not sure what else it is that you want them to do.
You get "news" from openly bias sources and take them at their word and that is your so called proof.
As for FB, there is no shortage of political garbage from the left, right and center. I use FB to connect with old friends, not to be a news source.

So, let me get this right. The POTUS is going to promote a world without nuclear weapons at Hiroshima, but wants to make darn sure Iran gets some. #sarcasm

What you know about Clinton's emails are all through reporting. I assume that you want the "mainstream media" to harp on the subject matter 24/7. You say that you want the media to not be bias yet it sounds to me like you want it to drive an agenda. We all know about HRC's email server. It is up to the FBI to determine if any laws were broken and bring charges. You have made up your mind...but do you have all the facts?
If charges are brought then the media will report it. I'm not sure what else it is that you want them to do.
You get "news" from openly bias sources and take them at their word and that is your so called proof.
As for FB, there is no shortage of political garbage from the left, right and center. I use FB to connect with old friends, not to be a news source.

I have no idea what youre rambling about. I want the media to give me the facts. All of them. Not filtered, not slanted. They should not offer opinions, unless its clearly labeled as opinion. They should not be cozying up to candidates or any officials.

Does their attempted influence upon the facts fool me? No. But it does fool a large portion of the voting public. That's why the FB issue is so important. No intelligent person gets their political views from FB. But intelligent people are a very small portion of the voting public.

Besides, you obviously dont understand how FB works. Because as Ive already explained, it wasn't hiding the posts themselves. It was intentionally suppressing certain issues from appearing as trending. Yet you continue to think Im talking about individual posts.

Everything that I have prognosticated is coming true. Trump is already well to the left of Hillary on multiple issues. Hillary is picking up all the Republican neocon money and the Wall Street crowd is staking their claim to her rather profoundly. They desperately want Bernie out of the way so they can flaunt it. For a brief time the veil has been lifted and you can see the illusion of choice the American people are presented with.

Trump-the-Shark-close-up.jpg

Via WSJ
Kerry Tries to Drum Up Some Business in Europe for Iran
U.S. secretary of state encourages European firms to make deals now that some sanctions are liFred

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
When you put Catdaddy, LEK and Fuzz on ignore, it cleans this place up real nice.

Fuzz was the last to get put on ignore. His shtick got too old. It didn't matter what evidence was presented, he refused to ever acknowledge any wrongdoing or anything negative about the left so no point in talking with him if he's just a blind loyal servant.

I have no idea what youre rambling about. I want the media to give me the facts. All of them. Not filtered, not slanted. They should not offer opinions, unless its clearly labeled as opinion. They should not be cozying up to candidates or any officials.

Does their attempted influence upon the facts fool me? No. But it does fool a large portion of the voting public. That's why the FB issue is so important. No intelligent person gets their political views from FB. But intelligent people are a very small portion of the voting public.

Besides, you obviously dont understand how FB works. Because as Ive already explained, it wasn't hiding the posts themselves. It was intentionally suppressing certain issues from appearing as trending. Yet you continue to think Im talking about individual posts.
There isn't one thing you know about Clinton's emails that hasn't been reported yet you throw emailgate out there as an example of a bias media. You have no basis to determine if what you have heard is filtered or slanted. You are told that it is over and over by overtly filtered and slanted sources and that is all you've got. The "mainstream media" doesn't talk about the same subject day in, day out unless there is something new to say.

I know very well what "trending" is and as I said earlier. If they are suppressing things, they do a piss poor job of doing so. Besides, the "unnamed sources" that reported this said ..."I'd come on shift and I'd discover that CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) or (former presidential candidate) Mitt Romney or (radio talk show host) Glenn Beck or popular conservative topics wouldn't be trending because either the curator didn't recognize the news topic or it was like they had a bias," the individual told Gizmodo anonymously.

The source didn't say he was instructed to suppress anything...did he? He doesn't say it was a company policy. Does he?
Perhaps some rouge curator who was abusing his power...or one that simply didn't recognize the news topic. Do we know if this anonymous curator himself or others suppressed liberal topics?

You want this to be a conspiracy against conservatives and it simply doesn't add up.

Obama gets a bigger kick out of going to Hiroshima than USS Arizona I guess. All the old timers will tell you that dropping the bomb saved lives. The Japs weren't gonna surrender. I go to church with a old guy who was en route to Japan for a D Day style invasion when Japs surrendered because of the bombs we dropped. Nobody enjoyed it, but it was war, and it needed to end.[/

I'll say it without apology...."Dropping the bombs saved AMERICAN lives". A proper and appropriate reason for the decision

Last edited:
You maybe right.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ading-the-effort-to-draft-an-independent-bid/

The neo-con establishment seem willing to cut off their noses to spite Trump.
Which is funny that they pushed Trump into signing all these pledges to not run as an independent.

Some shady sleeper cell of the Trump Campaign should send a note to Mr Kristol that says, "if you truly pull off this ish you'll never be seen again". Maybe they can get El Chapo to it. He's friends with Trump, right?

Obama gets a bigger kick out of going to Hiroshima than USS Arizona I guess. All the old timers will tell you that dropping the bomb saved lives. The Japs weren't gonna surrender. I go to church with a old guy who was en route to Japan for a D Day style invasion when Japs surrendered because of the bombs we dropped. Nobody enjoyed it, but it was war, and it needed to end.
Having lived in Hawaii I'm sure Obama has visited the Arizona more times than you have done. What is wrong with the POTUS going to Hiroshima?
Are we still at war with Japan?

My dad was en route to Japan when the bomb was dropped. He returned from Europe at the end of June and he and mom were married July 7, 1945. July 15th he and mom moved into married officers quarters at Camp Little Creek in VA. July 16th he received orders to report to San Diego and once there they set sail for Japan. He had taken part in the D-Day invasion the prior year.

This is the stupid shit that makes everyone tire of politics. The "Hate Obama" crowd has started rumors that the POTUS would apologize to the Japanese for dropping the bombs. This of course has been denied. but of course that won't stop people talking about it as if it had already happened. I guess the POTUS must be doing at least a decent job when his critics have to resort to sooth-saying in order to drum up controversy. Can't wait until there is actually something to bitch about.

Some shady sleeper cell of the Trump Campaign should send a note to Mr Kristol that says, "if you truly pull off this ish you'll never be seen again". Maybe they can get El Chapo to it. He's friends with Trump, right?

I'm sure that how Kristol's buddy Frank Gaffeny would spin it. If their think tank could spin weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, then connecting Trump with Mexican cartels would be easy-peasy.

I'm surprised Kristol has not used his buddies in the private defense sector or Mossad to take out Ron Paul yet.

Just odd to see the future president lose this close to November to Bernie Sanders.

Anyone have a legit reason why this is so and how the hell she is going to win president with these loses like this? I mean she seems to be winning less and less as the democrat nominee.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Just odd to see the future president lose this close to November to Bernie Sanders.

Anyone have a legit reason why this is so and how the hell she is going to win president with these loses like this? I mean she seems to be winning less and less as the democrat nominee.
it's an artifact of the way the primary schedule is arranged. if the Southeast and Atlantic states were voting right now, people would be talking about Clinton coming from behind. it's all just media narratives. Also, the Democrats allocate almost all of their pledged delegates on a proportional basis (unlike the Byzantine GOP system). Hillary has had many more lopsided wins in big states than Bernie has.

Obama only won 3 of his final 10 primaries in 2008 and it didn't reflect his November chances at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue79
This has been so fascinating to follow on the internet.

I don't watch Alex Jones, and only know who he is because of the once a year I fall into a youtube conspiracy theory rabbit hole. Anyway, some dude comes on there once a week talking about crazy shit like 'Cruz's father was involved in the Kennedy assassination'. Normally this is completely ridiculous, but in this case IT SHOWS UP ON THE 'REAL' NEWS THE NEXT DAY! What in the hell is happening?

The other thing I cannot watch is The Young Turks. Those people are so condescending, it is unbearable. In this election, however, they are reprimanding the Democratic party every day for letting Hillary be the candidate over Bernie. And you have to agree, how could a multiple failed presidential candidate robot with a federal crime hanging over their head be better than anyone?

I would ask "Is this real life?", but it's just politics. It has been this way my entire life, but in the past it has been disguised as something with more prestige than American Idol. My hope is that the one benefit that will come out of this insanity is that people realize that this is all bullshit. Take control of things that are actually controllable and let this retarded process die.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT