POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Trump needs the Bible Beaters, this segment is very over rated. Trump is going to get a lot of the Democrats and Independent votes. Just in PA he got over 60,000 people that changed their registration status to vote for him. My sense is the more Hillary tries to tear into Trump the more popular Trump will become. Take all logic and throw it out the window for this election, Trump is rewriting the rules of politics.

I probably could be characterized as a "Bible Beater" and will vote for Trump over any clinton...and can't understand why any other Republican wouldn't do likewise.

Reactions: drawing_dead
F m

Tennessee has no income tax, and it makes a helluva difference on paychecks.

I work for a company that is in TN and KY, we can transfer to other plants when jobs open.
You can forget anyone from TN transferring here simply because they lose too much money on state income tax.
Having lived in both states...yeah, not having a state income tax makes the paycheck look a little better but I also had to pay about $100K more for my home and paid 9.25% sales tax on everything, including groceries...property tax was higher too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/emai...or-staffer-state-department/story?id=38989504

Hillary's Sr IT staffer.....so *all* his emails from his time working with her are missing? They couldn't have left a few "what do you want me to pick up for lunch at Qdoba" type emails? Just wiped them all?

Would still love to hear some pro Hillary voters in here....so far Gary Roosevelt is garnering 98% of Political Thread votes.

Reactions: qwesley
He's going to get his ass kicked in November.

map2016-Artboard_1.png

I disagree. The only candidate less likable than Trump is Hillary. I'm guessing Trump wins fairly easily.
I also don't see Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina or Ohio going blue. Blue team locks down the coasts, red team owns the confederacy and cornfields.

Never underestimate the power of angry southern/midwestern whitey. Laugh at them all you want (I do it a lot), but when they get serious they get stuff done.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
BS. If you are single and have an adjusted gross income of $30K...which really means you made about $45K your tax liability is $4043. The "average stiff" that is making $30K after taking his standard deduction and personal exemption will pay < $2000.
If either of those folks are married, they are getting an earned income credit and most likely have a negative tax rate. Remember? They are part of that half of all Americans that don't pay any income taxes.

The issue with consumption taxes is that those with the lowest incomes end up paying the highest percentage of their income in taxes because they spend their entire income. So using your numbers...someone with $50K in income that spends $50K paid 10% ($5000) in taxes whereas Dr. Bones who had $400K in income, spent $200K paid only 5% ($20,000) of his income in taxes.

Good lord this is as imaginary as can be. First off if some single dipshit can't save a little that's his/her fault for the choices they make.

Show me one person that makes 400K and only spends half? Then show me someone that makes 400K and doesn't already find as many ways as possible to lower tax burden? I don't know anyone making that kind of money not driving more than 1 luxury vehicle, with a boat, half million dollar home and out spending most every dime he makes just like the "stiff" making 30K.

But of course you didn't focus on that just simply making up some scenario that works for you. I chose 30K as it is the avg income in my state, and while yes that person gets a tax return he still pays in before that.

My numbers are an example not dead on for every scenario obviously but by all means be as dense as possible, it suits you.

Good lord this is as imaginary as can be. First off if some single dipshit can't save a little that's his/her fault for the choices they make.

Show me one person that makes 400K and only spends half? Then show me someone that makes 400K and doesn't already find as many ways as possible to lower tax burden? I don't know anyone making that kind of money not driving more than 1 luxury vehicle, with a boat, half million dollar home and out spending most every dime he makes just like the "stiff" making 30K.

But of course you didn't focus on that just simply making up some scenario that works for you. I chose 30K as it is the avg income in my state, and while yes that person gets a tax return he still pays in before that.

My numbers are an example not dead on for every scenario obviously but by all means be as dense as possible, it suits you.

I'd have no problem with 10% flat tax. What a great incentive to save money. My family would eat beans and rice 4 days a week; drive the same cars until they dropped; buy clothes at yard sales. I love the idea.

Boom! That's the general best case scenario to America not funding capatilism anymore. An incentive to save instead of drive up massive debt........what a genius plan!

Corporate America would be crushed and only good solid companies could survive and then the over consumption that countries hate is for would disappear and possibly we wouldn't look like the spoiled rotten stupid society that we do now.

Boom! That's the general best case scenario to America not funding capatilism anymore. An incentive to save instead of drive up massive debt........what a genius plan!

Corporate America would be crushed and only good solid companies could survive and then the over consumption that countries hate is for would disappear and possibly we wouldn't look like the spoiled rotten stupid society that we do now.

and best of all, if we don't want to pay taxes, all we have to do is not go to Walmart and buy crap made in China, mehico, korea, etc... It's a win/win! Imagine what would happen to the economies of those countries....

BS. If you are single and have an adjusted gross income of $30K...which really means you made about $45K

Where do you come up with this shit? I see a fair amount of tax returns, and honestly can't fathom a scenario where someone has income of 45k, but has an AGI of 30k.

Having lived in both states...yeah, not having a state income tax makes the paycheck look a little better but I also had to pay about $100K more for my home and paid 9.25% sales tax on everything, including groceries...property tax was higher too.

Of course TN is still getting their taxes, but incrementally opposed to big portions of your paycheck.

I don't know if you ever drive on I 24, but housing is exploding on the TN side. That's military housing, and it's on the TN side because soldiers don't want to pay KY income tax.

Believe it or not, Trump actually has a 1% lead over Clinton

...in Georgia.

As are all politicians. Clinton is a felon crook responsible for several military deaths, but that wouldn't exactly gain a lot of votes right?

I know this will sound crazy to some of you, but my more liberal friends say the same thing about Hillary in reverse. (I've called her GOP-lite for years.)

They're the same person, folks.
That's why last week I said Wall Street likes Hillary more than they do Trump.

IMO, the GOP gets the candidate who most represents the rank and file voter, and the Dems have the establishment candidate.

Facebook has been & always was going to be in the tank for liberals......ditto Google, Twitter, Apple

Just part of the normal obstacles to conservatism. A generation ago it was nbc, abc, cbs, pbs.

Facebook has been & always was going to be in the tank for liberals......ditto Google, Twitter, Apple

Just part of the normal obstacles to conservatism. A generation ago it was nbc, abc, cbs, pbs.
It's a vast left-wing conspiracy reported by one unnamed source.

Lol no, it's just business. Media business. Ain't no damn conspiracy lol. It's all right there on the airwaves for all to hear and see.

Could Trump go down as the President with the most money EVER spent against him?

I mean I gambol so I get it once your in deep might as well really dig in but good lord these rich idiots have themselves to blame!

Even the damn media is putting it out there that she is damn near unelectable. When Don Lemon has people on saying its bad vs worse and Hiliary isn't the one to vote for you know it's only going to get worse!

Trump is not only going to crush her, he is also going to flat out leave a lot of rich people so pissed because they wasted their damn money.

Reactions: ram1955 and P19978
- Trump will win in November. Heard the same crap back last summer that he had no shot and we all now see how that went. He is the one person who can and will take on the Clinton machine and beat them.

- Who is shocked many Republican backers and some of these spineless folks like Graham and others are sitting this out or going towards Clinton. Their power and money is at stake and they know Hilary is their best shot to keep business as usual. I hope if Trump wins his contingent goes after Graham and others and helps get them out of office. Graham is a loser and what is scary is that people in SC hate him yet he is still untouchable because he has too much money backing him.

- I think the game changes when Trump announces his team ahead of time which will consist of many of the folks who ran for President. Whether you hate Trump or not there is no denying what he is doing is unheard of and announcing his team which can be seen as sort of a Dream Team of very talented conservatives will open some eyes. I could be wrong, but who else has come into Washington and got several successful Governors to join their cabinet?

- I think Trump gets Cruz backers on board when he announces Cruz as a SCOTUS nominee (if he wins).

- Thought about this last night, but it would not shock me a bit of Trump finds a way to convince Monica Lewinsky to help him attack the Clintons. Only Trump would pull that kind of stunt.

He is already talking LOUD about Bill's falandering around and Hiliary enabling it but then attacking the females and destroying them as people.

Probably be a lot more than Monica to come out and confirm all this has happened.

Hiliary knows she is in a world of shit and all her skeletons are coming out, she is attacking quick and very unsuccessful. First Obama runs her out now Trump, when does she get tired of losing?

- Trump will win in November. Heard the same crap back last summer that he had no shot and we all now see how that went. He is the one person who can and will take on the Clinton machine and beat them.

- Who is shocked many Republican backers and some of these spineless folks like Graham and others are sitting this out or going towards Clinton. Their power and money is at stake and they know Hilary is their best shot to keep business as usual. I hope if Trump wins his contingent goes after Graham and others and helps get them out of office. Graham is a loser and what is scary is that people in SC hate him yet he is still untouchable because he has too much money backing him.

- I think the game changes when Trump announces his team ahead of time which will consist of many of the folks who ran for President. Whether you hate Trump or not there is no denying what he is doing is unheard of and announcing his team which can be seen as sort of a Dream Team of very talented conservatives will open some eyes. I could be wrong, but who else has come into Washington and got several successful Governors to join their cabinet?

- I think Trump gets Cruz backers on board when he announces Cruz as a SCOTUS nominee (if he wins).

- Thought about this last night, but it would not shock me a bit of Trump finds a way to convince Monica Lewinsky to help him attack the Clintons. Only Trump would pull that kind of stunt.

Agree with everything. But Ted Cruz on the SCOTUS is laughable.

Plus he's the Zodiac Killer, and no way is a serial killer making it to the SC.

As stated before, I'm no Trump fan. That said....his approach to the military, Russian, China, ISIS, etc. is what bothers me the most. His bombastic approach to the other Presidential candidates won't work against the Putins of the World. IMO--he would do himself a big favor by courting a few of the well respected military generals and leveraging their opinions and insights. Petreaus, McRaven, etc. Show that he's willing to listen to experienced guidance in an incredibly crucial area.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
He is already talking LOUD about Bill's falandering around and Hiliary enabling it but then attacking the females and destroying them as people.

Probably be a lot more than Monica to come out and confirm all this has happened.

Hiliary knows she is in a world of shit and all her skeletons are coming out, she is attacking quick and very unsuccessful. First Obama runs her out now Trump, when does she get tired of losing?

Hillary has yet to run against a truly hostile opponent. Obama and Bernie have both needled her, but still with kids gloves since they were all on the same team. I still expect Hillary to win, but she'll have to limp to the finish line.

"Loud" is a great word to describe how he's hitting the Clinton's.....I mean, there isn't a single person that can hit them as hard as he is and will continue to do.

Pretty comical that the steamrolling those two cats were about to unleash on Jeb/Marco/Cruz is in fact happening to her. All due to Don F. Trump.

As stated before, I'm no Trump fan. That said....his approach to the military, Russian, China, ISIS, etc. is what bothers me the most. His bombastic approach to the other Presidential candidates won't work against the Putins of the World. IMO--he would do himself a big favor by courting a few of the well respected military generals and leveraging their opinions and insights. Petreaus, McRaven, etc. Show that he's willing to listen to experienced guidance in an incredibly crucial area.
Trump can just print a bunch of money to pay off the Putins of the world, apparently.

Lol yes I pray trump starts making fun of putin's face and stuff like that. Just busting his balls. That'd be awesome.

What a scene compared to our last president.

I think this election is over, tbh. Trump is the perceived president. It's pretty much over.

Reactions: P19978
Obama to wrap up his American apology world tour at Hiroshima. Any of their leaders ever go to Hawaii and apologize for Pearl Harbor, or nah?

7 1/2 years of the man's hatred of America & trying to 'fix' all the wrong he thinks we have inflicted on the world has been astounding to watch. maybe before next Jan 20th he can do a stop over to say we are sorry to the Barbary Pirates of Tripoli?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT